• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:03
CEST 20:03
KST 03:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7808 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 1092

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 2731 Next
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
May 19 2011 09:27 GMT
#21821
On May 19 2011 18:22 escruting wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 18:21 flummi wrote:
On May 19 2011 18:17 escruting wrote:
How can i download the video file? it seems its not possible with the new blip.tv interface....

http://blip.tv/file/get/ItmeJP-test339.flv

Nice! thanks!

How did you find this link? just to know for the next time.


http://blip.tv/sotg/rss <-- the RSS feed of the blip.tv page shows the links to the files
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Kentakky
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden1272 Posts
May 19 2011 09:31 GMT
#21822
On May 19 2011 12:56 EtohEtoh wrote:
lol at the artosis rant, i remember seeing it live, laughed my ass off,
the best part is when artosis says

" is there a ZSL?"

(slowly deciphers his own abbreviation)

" The Zelda ... Starcraft II league?"



That part is probably the funniest thing I've ever heard it even beats the who's artosis rant.

It'll be my one thing to watch before work to get me into a good mood for many years to come.
My immune system is so strong that I have to get AIDS just to be normal.
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 09:33:23
May 19 2011 09:33 GMT
#21823
On May 19 2011 18:27 Ropid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 18:22 escruting wrote:
On May 19 2011 18:21 flummi wrote:
On May 19 2011 18:17 escruting wrote:
How can i download the video file? it seems its not possible with the new blip.tv interface....

http://blip.tv/file/get/ItmeJP-test339.flv

Nice! thanks!

How did you find this link? just to know for the next time.


http://blip.tv/sotg/rss <-- the RSS feed of the blip.tv page shows the links to the files


Thx, maybe JP can make it easier for us in the future...
My Life for Aiur
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
May 19 2011 11:53 GMT
#21824
JP's voice gonna be low in the whole frickin episode?
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
xrayEU
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden571 Posts
May 19 2011 11:56 GMT
#21825
On May 19 2011 20:53 Darksoldierr wrote:
JP's voice gonna be low in the whole frickin episode?

You'll find out
+ Show Spoiler +
No
ArturosII
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia54 Posts
May 19 2011 12:31 GMT
#21826
It's listening to the various shows about starcraft and "esports" (SotG, WoC and LoT mainly) that I often feel reminded that there isn't just one community. There's the community that's made up of the pros and the people involved in actually doing stuff with and for the game and then there's the community that's made up of people who post on TL or reddit or go into the various stream chats.
The community of people involved is an overall positive thing. They rarely have anything genuinly bad to say about one another and have fun joking around and interacting. There may be the occassional dramas or rivalries but they're rarely serious.
Then there's the community of posters which has it's moments of positivity but seemingly more and more times of overwhelming negativity. Part of this is likely when someone thinks something is good they will just be content and won't post anything about it but when they think it's bad the internet ragedemon takes over.
To mirror the point of a post I made in the FHM thread. The reason that the interview didn't show the community in a good light (beyond the fact that the editors have control and Kelly did mention somewhere that she did say more than what was posted) is the fact that when it comes to Kelly the community has not been good. There's just this seething ball of hate directed at Kelly.
I think a lot of the reason why is that she simply went from being relatively unknown (correct me if I'm wrong) to casting the GSL. People not only upset that they weren't getting Tastosis every night also find out that they're being broken up by not only someone with a moderately thick accent but a woman with a moderately thick accent. This just set people off.
I started this wanting to make the point that before you go on about how someone is putting the "esports"/starcraft community in a bad light is such a bad thing to maybe look at what they're talking about first. If we want to be presented as great as we think we are then we should actually make sure we're that great first.
As an aside another forum I frequent deals with massive volumes of posters by making personal and group attacks against the rules. It makes the enviroment overall much nicer and makes discussions often more involved. I'm curious as to what people would think of this kind of ruling here. It's not perfect and probably would create a lot more work for mods I suppose.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy but I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 13:36:48
May 19 2011 13:33 GMT
#21827
I have about the same opinion as you, ArturosII. Like you, I think the FHM interview that was printed warrants criticizing the hate posts and emails, rather than Kelly and the FHM writer and editors. I could not post anything in the TL thread. I looked a bit through it on the first two days or so, and after that stopped clicking on it whenever I see it on the TL sidebar.

I rather post something positive if I feel content, than post that I hate something. If I do not like something, most of the time my train of thought goes "meh... probably not for me, I guess I am not part of the target audience," and go look at some other thread. All the hate posts in that thread made me decide I should not look at it anymore. I predict it would probably aggravate me.

The same happens with the thread about Anna and the Miss USA competition. It feels as if those two threads are staring at me from the sidebar, but I am afraid to click on them and logic tells me, my gut feeling is probably right.

I also have the SC2 strategy forum entries on the side bar collapsed since the first few weeks after the game came out. Every thread disappointed me. I heard that the mods managed to turn that sub-forum around, but I did not miss not having the top-5 posts from there on the sidebar, so now it will stay collapsed forever.

What I want to say is, what you theorized about people not posting if they are content, could be a bit wrong. Myself, I am not posting more negative stuff than positive feedback. I generally decide to post if I have something new to say that was not already expressed in a post by someone else. Some threads have too much posts that I disagree with, criticizing every single post feels like a waste of time, and I do not want to do personal attacks on the posters. This means my positive posts are actually driven away by hate posts.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
May 19 2011 13:35 GMT
#21828
WATCH THE GSTL FINALS. A must watch.

Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
Rayven
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom81 Posts
May 19 2011 15:15 GMT
#21829
All of the Incontrol's on your homepage are "Incotrol" =o
On December 01 2010 03:16 FenneK wrote: Well...NaDa won Dreamhack, FoxeR won the GSL 2, Jinro won MLG Dallas, and my personal favourites otherwise are DeMusliM (for his great style of play) and qxc (for his brilliant constant harass).
Furycrab
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada456 Posts
May 19 2011 15:37 GMT
#21830
I swear I was almost in tears laughing at Geoffs shoutouts this week. :D 1hr3 minutes into the MP3.

Just me or is EG masters cup is a bit underhyped? No mention this week, I don't think anyone commented on the games except to complain that TL wasn't in it, and viewer wise some streamers they seem to be lower than some of the top single streamers even though they have great casters in the form of DJ Wheat and some other guy (huge wheat fan hehe).
Too tired to come up with something witty.
Ballack
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway821 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 17:40:38
May 19 2011 17:37 GMT
#21831
What was shown in that FHM thread was the reality of an unsalvageable community. As many expected when SC2 came out, the community grew exponentially every month. The larger a community gets, the worse and less serious it becomes. In Brood War, the community was a relatively small community consisting of serious gamers and serious spectators. At least the portion of those types of people were big enough to drown out trolls and haters.

People like Day[9] still see the community as the greatest gaming community in the world, because what the community once was, the nostalgia of it if you will, still lingers in his imagination. Then theres people like IdrA who tells things, as he often does, exactly as they are. The community as a whole HAS turned to shit, and it shouldn't surprise anyone.

When I say it is unsalvageable, I was not being truthful. There is one way to redeem it. That is through time. When the portion of serious people becomes big enough to drown out the trolls, then, and only then, will the community offer what a good community should.

Disclaimer! This is of course just my humble opinion.
Just when I thought I was out, Blizz pulled me back in..
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
May 19 2011 17:41 GMT
#21832
On May 20 2011 02:37 Ballack wrote:
What was shown in that FHM thread was the reality of an unsalvageable community. As many expected when SC2 came out, the community grew exponentially every month. The larger a community gets, the worse and less serious it becomes. In Brood War, the community was a relatively small community consisting of serious gamers and serious spectators. At least the portion of those types of people were big enough to drown out trolls and haters.

People like Day[9] still see the community as the greatest gaming community in the world, because what the community once was, the nostalgia of it if you will, still lingers in his imagination. Then theres people like IdrA who tells things, as he often does, exactly as they are. The community as a whole HAS turned to shit, and it shouldn't surprise anyone.

The only way to heal it is through time. When the portion of serious people becomes big enough to drown out the trolls, then, and only then, will the community offer what a good community should.

Disclaimer! This is of course just my humble opinion.

For Day[9] and the way he sees the community, I doubt he doesn't know that substantial parts of the current community are garbage, but it's not something you want to endlessly harp on or bring up outside the context of say a StarCraft 2-E-Sports-community type show which State of the Game is.

Also, its Day[9], I would argue hes a much less polarizing figure in the community and what he receives is may more praise than scorn when compared to other figures who people love, but also have a lot more anti-fans.
"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
May 19 2011 17:44 GMT
#21833
Gaming communities in general are rather disgusting. TL community is quite good relative to other communities I have seen and been a part of. This is the unfortunate reality we live in. People are just animals and this comes out on the internet even more so than in real life.
karpo
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1998 Posts
May 19 2011 18:26 GMT
#21834
On May 20 2011 02:37 Ballack wrote:
What was shown in that FHM thread was the reality of an unsalvageable community. As many expected when SC2 came out, the community grew exponentially every month. The larger a community gets, the worse and less serious it becomes. In Brood War, the community was a relatively small community consisting of serious gamers and serious spectators. At least the portion of those types of people were big enough to drown out trolls and haters.

People like Day[9] still see the community as the greatest gaming community in the world, because what the community once was, the nostalgia of it if you will, still lingers in his imagination. Then theres people like IdrA who tells things, as he often does, exactly as they are. The community as a whole HAS turned to shit, and it shouldn't surprise anyone.

When I say it is unsalvageable, I was not being truthful. There is one way to redeem it. That is through time. When the portion of serious people becomes big enough to drown out the trolls, then, and only then, will the community offer what a good community should.

Disclaimer! This is of course just my humble opinion.


Day9 meets people from the community in real life tough. I was at Dreamhack Invitational and everyone was really nice and it felt like everyone just wanted great games and to have fun. I think that people just say whatever shit they want online. Just look at some stuff from Idra/incontrol posted on these forums, it's pretty foul and they seem like great guys IRL.
Treehead
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
999 Posts
May 19 2011 19:04 GMT
#21835
Awesome social commentary, guys.

I especially liked Geoff’s comments on the FHM article. I do think there is some element of kids picking on girls to get their attention – but I think it’s more than that. I think some less mature people find attractive women to be offensive, because they can so easily get the attention these people want. Random guy (whose age may or may not be relevant) really wants the SC2 community to pay attention to and respect him, and then along comes this girl who can get the attention he wants by being a girl who likes video games, and the “its not fair” flamewar insues under the guise of “virtue” and “professional behavior”.

Same goes with Anna, really. If any random poster had Anna’s comments about SC2 issues, we wouldn’t think much of it. But because she’s an attractive girl, and because she’s involved with Geoff, she gets exposure and attention for it. It’s so easy to be spiteful and so hard to deal with jealousy the healthy way that we see a predominance of the aggressive, hurtful behavior instead of the more healthy attitude of “man, I’d love to be singled out like that – good for her”.

I also loved what was said about the excessive amount of negative posting on TL and on the internet. Wait, wait, something’s not right with my post here…

Oh right, this is the internet, so I guess I’m supposed to be rude and swear a lot about stuff that doesn’t matter. Let me start over.

I found the way Incontrol was sitting yesterday to be ridiculous. It’s a slap in the face to slouchers every where. Seriously man, how the fuck is anyone supposed to take you seriously when you’re leaning forward like that. RAWRAWRAWR….

…some stuff about you shitting on the community… how dare you not consider my feelings with your beverage choice… oh yeah, and the obligatory “your sister is ugly”.
LagT_T
Profile Joined March 2010
Argentina535 Posts
May 19 2011 19:16 GMT
#21836
Hey JP, do you know why the RSS feed shows so many files (even files that don't exist any more in the server)? Have you uploaded it more than once, or is a problem on blip.tv's side?

Ex.
[image loading]

I've been tweeting with Blip.tv's CEO and I now that I have his attention I'd like to provide more feedback regarding their new layout, such as providing a link to the RSS feed at the show's homepage, and if possible linking the files in each episode page.
"The tactics... no. Amateurs discuss tactics, professional soldiers study logistics." - Tom Clancy, Red Storm Rising
gregnog
Profile Joined December 2010
United States289 Posts
May 19 2011 21:26 GMT
#21837
On May 20 2011 02:37 Ballack wrote:
What was shown in that FHM thread was the reality of an unsalvageable community. As many expected when SC2 came out, the community grew exponentially every month. The larger a community gets, the worse and less serious it becomes. In Brood War, the community was a relatively small community consisting of serious gamers and serious spectators. At least the portion of those types of people were big enough to drown out trolls and haters.

People like Day[9] still see the community as the greatest gaming community in the world, because what the community once was, the nostalgia of it if you will, still lingers in his imagination. Then theres people like IdrA who tells things, as he often does, exactly as they are. The community as a whole HAS turned to shit, and it shouldn't surprise anyone.

When I say it is unsalvageable, I was not being truthful. There is one way to redeem it. That is through time. When the portion of serious people becomes big enough to drown out the trolls, then, and only then, will the community offer what a good community should.

Disclaimer! This is of course just my humble opinion.


I think your taking Kellys criticism way too far. That interview did little to help the Gaming community, and instead painted us as raging psycho nerds or even an unsalvageable community.

When a community overwhelmingly dissaproves of your content, then you just go strip naked for a magazine and then call them psycho nerds what kind of response do you think you will get? While at the same time doing nothing for that community in said interview. I dunno, I just don't see why your all defending her. She obviously dose not care about the quality of her product/content, and would much rather just get naked and laugh at people who offer valid criticism.

"I didn't know I had an accent"
DataMiner
Profile Joined March 2011
United States104 Posts
May 19 2011 21:29 GMT
#21838
What kind of alias is "ItmeJP" It's really retarded IMO

User was temp banned for this post.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
May 19 2011 21:30 GMT
#21839
On May 20 2011 06:29 DataMiner wrote:
What kind of alias is "ItmeJP" It's really retarded IMO

It rhymes like poetry. It slips off the tongue like honey and meets ears like music.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
May 19 2011 21:39 GMT
#21840
On May 20 2011 06:29 DataMiner wrote:
What kind of alias is "ItmeJP" It's really retarded IMO

User was temp banned for this post.


I was just checking his post history before reporting for that post, mods are too on top of things!

I really hope next sotg does some analysis of the destiny zvz build, if only to provide people with counters/tell people to stop doing it every single game.
Should get tasteless and day[9] on the same webcam too! the only time we've seen them together since old MLGs was that one blizzcon...
Prev 1 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 444
UpATreeSC 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1138
actioN 461
Dewaltoss 145
firebathero 91
Zeus 65
Trap 36
zelot 27
soO 25
Sexy 25
ToSsGirL 21
[ Show more ]
Bale 20
JYJ 19
Shine 18
NaDa 13
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7921
qojqva2095
Dendi733
420jenkins177
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1200
Fnx 727
x6flipin456
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6707
crisheroes5077
Liquid`Hasu743
Other Games
Beastyqt745
B2W.Neo592
ceh9495
byalli368
ArmadaUGS162
KnowMe148
C9.Mang0148
Khaldor128
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 79
Trikslyr56
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV264
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 40
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3921
• TFBlade925
Other Games
• WagamamaTV391
• Shiphtur342
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 57m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 57m
Stellar Fest
18h 57m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.