• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:38
CEST 03:38
KST 10:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7866 users

Want some cheese with that whine? [Poll] - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Aberu
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States968 Posts
July 17 2010 21:22 GMT
#41
When people complain about cheese here (I think the SC community is funny because they do this) it just reminds me of when I was a kid and playing fighting games in the arcade, and I would use a throw on a kid who just blocked all the time, OVER and OVER and the kid would begin getting angry and eventually crying and using the word "cheap".

If you want to grow, how about you stop giving names to things to make yourself feel like you are better than the person you lost to.
srsly
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-17 21:24:26
July 17 2010 21:23 GMT
#42
guys who cheese every game are makiing me sad. especially if they just want to climb the ranks
edit: and i never played a guy with a cheese that was really creative or something.
FTD
Lucius2
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany548 Posts
July 17 2010 21:25 GMT
#43
7 proxy rax vs p (even better when hes random), nothing more to add...but im sure everyone else except me can handle this with his eyes closed
KnowMe
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany228 Posts
July 17 2010 21:33 GMT
#44
im cheesing zergs if they get their pool late. theyll alrdy have an economic advantage because i can not really deny the fast expand. a 15 pool just deserves to get punished by pylon+forge at choke
http://www.facebook.com/KnowMeSc2 https://twitter.com/YouBetterKnowMe
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
July 17 2010 21:33 GMT
#45
On July 18 2010 06:12 The_Pacifist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2010 06:09 Ghostcom wrote:
I'm fine with cheese, UNLESS it comes from a random player. I think cheese is a very important part of the game, and we all love(d) to see it in BW wondering wheter or not they would pull it off.

But when someone picks random and then cheeses I lose all respect for them.


Well, I don't lose all respect that way, but it just feels like they chose random and hoped for terran or zerg but got toss and so they immediately decide to cannon rush.

But whatever. Cheese or not, if I lose to it, I can only blame myself.


Well, I just played the same guy for the third (the odds of this happening is pretty small so I hope I won't have to play him again anytime soon). He plays random, I play protoss (or well, I do tonight) and our 3 games were:

1: PvP - he tries to canonrush, though I scout his probe as it enters my base so I stop it np.
2: PvZ - he 6 or 7 pools into mass-lings. I 13-gated, I lose (was on metalopolis and sadly for me not cross positions).
3: PvT - take a wild stab at what he does... If you guessed proxy reaper with marauders as follow-up + bunker you guessed right. Since I recognized him I prepared for him to cheese so I held it off and eventually won.

He was pretty obviously NOT playing random, hoping to get one of 2 races, he was playing random to get an extra advantage when he cheesed and THAT I simply can't respect.
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
July 17 2010 21:34 GMT
#46
Why is there no option for loving it?
Severedevil
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4839 Posts
July 17 2010 21:34 GMT
#47
Alternative and aggressive strategies are cool, gambling on an all-in at the start of the game is pretty lame. But it's useful to play against and make sure you can deflect it.
My strategy is to fork people.
EliteAzn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States661 Posts
July 17 2010 21:36 GMT
#48
It's a double edged sword.

Yes, people hate being cheesed, but it's a part of the game. The best part about defeating a cheese is the cheeser rage-quitting because he failed (and how the cheeser probably doesn't know how to play a game longer than 10-15 minutes)

Without cheese, the game might get too boring...
(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ High Five! _o /\ o_
HubertFelix
Profile Joined April 2010
France631 Posts
July 17 2010 21:37 GMT
#49
I'm ok with cheese since I don't see much of this in my ladder games.
If it was 50% of the game like the early beta marine+scv rush I would be pissed off.
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
July 17 2010 21:38 GMT
#50
I hate cheese but there is no other way to keep abusive players honest. 12 nexus would be a ridiculous standard in PvT if BBS didn't exist.
Cadgers
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States514 Posts
July 17 2010 21:39 GMT
#51
Learning how to defend cheese is just one aspect of the game. Whether you like it or not cheese is a legit strat that you should learn to counter just like you would Muta/Ling.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 17 2010 21:41 GMT
#52
i hate it since..well its all everyone on beta does
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
ClanOverdosed
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
691 Posts
July 17 2010 21:42 GMT
#53
Cheese is fine because all is fair in a battle to the death, but I find it annoying when I'm looking for a fun game with head to head battles
Overdosed--www.overdosed.net
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
July 17 2010 21:47 GMT
#54
i dont have problems with moderate cheesing but super cheese like 6pool, proxy rax and proxy gates takes no skill and is so boring.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Dental Floss
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1015 Posts
July 17 2010 21:48 GMT
#55
I love cheese, its my favorite!! I play a macro game only, but when I get cheesed I either win or I get better. Also often times cheese leads to weird situations that are fun.

Today I played a PvZ where a guy put cannons on the bottom of my ramp on python. Good thing they changed how the high ground works because my queen could attack the cannons. Went 1 base muta = gg
Kim Tae Gyun.... never forget Perfectman RIP
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
July 17 2010 21:50 GMT
#56
I don't think you should use cheese in anything other than a series (BoX) match. Cheesing in ladders is just stupid.
:)
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
July 17 2010 21:52 GMT
#57
perfectly fine cheesing and getting cheesed.
Moderatorsloppy little slug
DefMatrixUltra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1992 Posts
July 17 2010 21:53 GMT
#58
On July 18 2010 06:23 TRAP[yoo] wrote:
guys who cheese every game are makiing me sad. especially if they just want to climb the ranks
edit: and i never played a guy with a cheese that was really creative or something.


Sorry to single you out because there are thousands upon thousands of posts on TL with this sentiment.

Why do you care about the guy that is cheesing? Are you interested in his progression as a player? Is he dating your mother? etc.

The person you should focus on is yourself. What did you do to make yourself vulnerable to cheese? Why does it anger you when someone pulls off that cheese against you? Is there a weakness in your build timing that you are hoping is not exploited?

If you win, do you think "what a stupid piece of shit!" or do you think "well, my build can respond well to this timing"?

If you lose, do you think "what a stupid piece of shit!" or do you think "what went wrong in my build or response"?

Trying to mystically uncover the motivations of your opponent or making a scapegoat out of them is a huge waste of your time.
roachy
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada9 Posts
July 17 2010 21:54 GMT
#59
You should be scouting enough to adapt to whatever comes your way.

However, in a 2v2 or a 3v3, if theres some sort of double or triple cheese action it can get annoying
Back
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada505 Posts
July 17 2010 21:54 GMT
#60
I hate the word cheese. People use it and twist it any way they like to pretend it's not their fault they lost. Not my fault; i got cheesed. I'm the better player, but I got cheesed. It's already getting old and I can hear the distant wailing of millions of starcraft newcomers that will assault all forums with demands that "cheese" be "nerfed".
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft473
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft479
WinterStarcraft140
RuFF_SC2 109
PiLiPiLi 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1110
White-Ra 140
NaDa 60
Noble 55
Hyuk 54
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4900
Counter-Strike
taco 513
minikerr19
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox636
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor703
Other Games
summit1g7782
Coldzera 865
C9.Mang0338
ViBE62
ArmadaUGS54
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 89
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21587
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 23m
Online Event
9h 23m
FEL
14h 23m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 23m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.