• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:53
CEST 09:53
KST 16:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8959 users

Panda.ACE interview from game.163.com

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
June 03 2010 04:22 GMT
#1

Ace interview from game.163.com (网易游戏 )

Ace is an ex-WC3 pro. His first big appearance in SC2 is in the Stars War tournament, where he defeated F91 and Lx in the Chinese qualifiers, and then went on to reverse All-kill Team Korea, and then beat IdrA vs. Team USA to secure Team China’s 2-0 victory.

[image loading]

Liu Bin, ID: Panda.ACE, former Warcraft 3 progamer, CIG2008 champion.

Warcraft 3

[image loading]

When did you first approach gaming? How did you get into WC3?
-I remember in 5th grade when I first played Starcraft in a PC Café. No one taught me, and I just started using Zerg. After 30 minutes I was still 9 supply, because I didn’t know how to make an Overlord, so I abandoned the game. It was only in 2005 that I entered into the WC3 community. I joined team NS, and we did a lot of offline training, and that’s how I entered the community.

Why did you leave WC3?
-There was a period when I lacked the drive to practice, and I played MMORPGs and DotA for a year, so I lost my WC3 basics.

What is your most unforgettable moment in WC3? Do you still follow the scene?
-Definitely when I won CIG in 2008. Did an underdog victory against Like in groups, and comeback against Guangmo, and clean swept in the finals. Out of habit I still browse WC3 sites every day, read some news, and only after that will I go practice SC2.

Starcraft 2

[image loading]

When did you begin SC2? Initial thoughts? Comparisons to WC3?
-I started shortly after beta started. I think it’s much better than both SC1 and WC3. I think the balance still needs time.

Why did you pick Protoss? Do you think Undead is similar to Protoss?
-The warp-in building model is similar to Undead, and Protoss is easy to start with, I just picked based on feeling. After I got better with the race, I naturally didn’t feel like switching.

What’s your SC2 style?
-I don’t feel like I have a particular style. I’m still kinda noob…

Favorite/least favorite/useless Protoss units?
-I really like the Mothership, I think the two spells are really fun. I also hate the Mothership, because it’s too slow and you can only get one, and you can even get Neuraled by an Infestor. After it get NPed, it still takes up your supply, which is painful.

Least favorite unit of another race?
-I don’t like Terran Tanks. Terrans can attack, can defend, it’s just too good. It’s like a standard Blizzard RTS, Terran is too good when turtling, and Tanks are the main culprit.

General thoughts on Protoss strategies and matchups?
-You need early pressure vZ. Get an early expo, research upgrades, mass, and continuously pressure. Also when defending, take note of Baneling rushes and Nydus Worms.

vP, it’s simpler. It’s just scouting and micro. On larger maps it’s recommended to go tech faster, and expo earlier. Take note of Sentry usage and army positioning.

vT, you need to scout. The first Stalker can go straight to to the Terran base to scout, you need to find out ASAP what tech route Terran is taking, and then counter. Also keep a few troops at home to defend harassment drops.

[image loading]
Ace at Stars War

How do you practice? It seems like you have a lot of strange cheeses/rushes, how do you develop these builds?
-Normally it’s just laddering and custom games. I don’t really have anything too unusual, it’s only beta, my goal is to try to figure out the characteristics of every unit. For example, I used a lot of Void Rays before, and also I had a Mothership Vortex strategy, but now that’s being changed. I’ll never see that glorious scene again…

Favorite/least favorite map?
-Favorite is Lost Temple, least favorite is Incineration Zone.

If you can change SC2, what would you change?
-I want to change the Phoenix cost.

Who are the strongest players you feel?
-Korea is strong as a whole. Cool is probably the best. Europe/America is mainly White-Ra, TLO, and Dimaga. China we’ll wait and see for the newcomers. It’s not me =(

Talk about your team, Panda.
-It’s a very solid team, good atmosphere, good work ethic. Everyone’s honest and open, and practices hard.

What tournaments will you participate in next?
-Depends on what the team arranges.

[image loading]

Did you follow KeSPA vs. Blizzard? Thoughts on how it will impact SC2’s development?
-I think it’s better for Chinese SC2 players. We don’t need to consider associations and league regulations, and can just practice. Comparatively, the Koreans have so much more to be mindful of.

After SC2’s release, how do you think it will do? Can it surpass SC1 and WC3? Will you become a SC2 progamer?
-It can definitely surpass them. I’m already a progamer, and I’ll definitely work hard to play my best in every games.

Thanks for the interview, anything for the fans?
-Thanks for the friends who’ve supported me. I still have a distance with a world class player, and I haven’t reached a satisfactory skill level yet. All my teammates are improving faster than me, I’ll try my best. I hope to play good games for everyone who supports me.

http://game.163.com/10/0602/21/6870GLA5003145S1.html
TranslatorBaa!
ROOTdrewbie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1392 Posts
June 03 2010 04:29 GMT
#2
nice interview <3 Ace, no shoutout to root makes me sad tho ;(
www.root-gaming.com
Lightswarm
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada967 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-03 04:31:03
June 03 2010 04:30 GMT
#3
On June 03 2010 13:22 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:

No one taught me, and I just started using Zerg. After 30 minutes I was still 9 supply, because I didn’t know how to make an Overlord, so I abandoned the game.


lol
Team[AoV]
tyCe
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2542 Posts
June 03 2010 04:43 GMT
#4
Thanks for the translation

He's very candid and honest about his skills so far. I hope he develops faster and uses less cheesy strategies though. And lol, he listed only EU players for the top EU/NA players.
Betrayed by EG.BuK
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
June 03 2010 04:47 GMT
#5
On June 03 2010 13:43 tyCe wrote:
Thanks for the translation

He's very candid and honest about his skills so far. I hope he develops faster and uses less cheesy strategies though. And lol, he listed only EU players for the top EU/NA players.



Asia generally considers Europe's skill level to be far above NA's, and they're usually referred to as one region :3
TranslatorBaa!
Polar_Nada
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States1548 Posts
June 03 2010 04:48 GMT
#6
"im still kinda a noob..." lol...
[ReD]NaDa and fnaticMSI.SEn fighting~! ::POlar @ UC Irvine::
Lazix
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia378 Posts
June 03 2010 05:21 GMT
#7
On June 03 2010 13:48 Polar_Nada wrote:
"im still kinda a noob..." lol...

Then what the bloody hell does that make me : (
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1379
BeSt 305
Soulkey 204
Soma 188
sorry 122
Mind 71
Bale 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Counter-Strike
edward214
Other Games
summit1g9039
Coldzera 698
WinterStarcraft698
C9.Mang0248
Sick216
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick712
BasetradeTV188
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2200
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 8m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 8m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 8m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.