• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:47
CEST 08:47
KST 15:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10402 users

Sc2gears 14.3.3: Replay version 2.1 support - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 170 Next
Kokkan
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden83 Posts
August 15 2010 18:06 GMT
#321
On August 16 2010 01:46 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
My reasoning is: if I would calculate and display a mean value, the user would not be able to tell whether it's a valid value or just a filling value for an empty segment.
If I display a 0 value, it is because there are no replays for that segment (except for some very rare case, those can be checked for example on the activity chart whether it is really 0 or just a filling 0).

OK, then I understand your reasoning. But hope you will reconsider.
I don't believe that a 0% Win Ratio is a very rare case, it just takes a few losses if you are having a bad night to decide to take a break or watch VODs instead.


Keep up the good work improving SC2Gears.
//Kokkan
DiTH
Profile Joined March 2010
Greece116 Posts
August 15 2010 19:20 GMT
#322
I used it for the first time today in one game.And on my first game right when i was about to kill his last building SC2 hang up and i got an error saying file in use cant access something like that.First time that happens to me and hasnt happened since i closed down sc2gears.It may be cause i didnt look all the options except the game paths etc but ill look it over tomorrow.
milly9
Profile Joined May 2007
Canada325 Posts
August 15 2010 19:40 GMT
#323
Just want to say- thank you so much for this program. I have been using it since you first posted it on TL and I absolutely love it!
then i stick my treasures in a treehole
T0fuuu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia2275 Posts
August 16 2010 00:39 GMT
#324
i cant find the donate link S:

thx this tool is v good
galefrost
Profile Joined May 2010
United States38 Posts
August 16 2010 03:12 GMT
#325
I really like the program, and I use it to automatically save replays as games are played. I'm not sure if this has been noted before, but I recently noticed that when I manually add replays to the Multiplayer folder from online, so that I can watch them, sc2gears saves another copy. Would it be possible to modify the autosave function so that it excludes the Multiplayer folder from having replays copied, so that I don't end up with duplicates of any replays that I've downloaded.

Thanks for all your hard work to make sc2gears the best it can be.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 06:28:44
August 16 2010 05:25 GMT
#326
On August 16 2010 09:39 T0fuuu wrote:
i cant find the donate link S:

thx this tool is v good

Donate link is at the bottom of the home page.

Edit: I moved the donation link to a new, separate page.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 16 2010 05:26 GMT
#327
On August 16 2010 12:12 galefrost wrote:
I really like the program, and I use it to automatically save replays as games are played. I'm not sure if this has been noted before, but I recently noticed that when I manually add replays to the Multiplayer folder from online, so that I can watch them, sc2gears saves another copy. Would it be possible to modify the autosave function so that it excludes the Multiplayer folder from having replays copied, so that I don't end up with duplicates of any replays that I've downloaded.

Thanks for all your hard work to make sc2gears the best it can be.

Sc2gears archives all new replays that are detected in the replay folder. You can change this folder in the Settings=>Folder settings menu.
And you do not have to copy downloaded replays to the multiplayer folder if you want to watch them. Open them in Sc2gears (either a replay search or replay analyzer), right click on it and "Watch replay".
https://repmastered.icza.net
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
August 16 2010 06:01 GMT
#328
Love the program, I just have one question:

How can I change the template for naming autosaved replays? At the moment it only renames with the date and time, but I would like it to be renamed to something more useful like

"TvP Player 1 vs Player 2 Metalopolis"

The default template says "/D./e" but I have no idea what this means or what to change it to. Is it possible to autosave replays with player names and races?
Don't hate the player, hate the game
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 16 2010 06:08 GMT
#329
On August 16 2010 15:01 FuRong wrote:
Love the program, I just have one question:

How can I change the template for naming autosaved replays? At the moment it only renames with the date and time, but I would like it to be renamed to something more useful like

"TvP Player 1 vs Player 2 Metalopolis"

The default template says "/D./e" but I have no idea what this means or what to change it to. Is it possible to autosave replays with player names and races?

Yes there is. Open the replay search, and on the results tab right click on any replay and choose "Rename replays...". It will bring up the rename dialog and will display all the symbols you can use in the template. Edit your template there, then copy-paste it to the auto-name template.

For example if you want a name template of:
TvP Player 1 vs Player 2 Metalopolis

It would be:
/T /p1 vs /p2 /m./e

But if you would play a 2v2 for example, this template would not include the names of player 3 and 4. There is a "/q" symbol which adds a comma separated list of all player names in the replay.
https://repmastered.icza.net
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
August 16 2010 06:14 GMT
#330
Wow, thanks so much for the prompt reply, I didn't expect help within 10 minutes~
Don't hate the player, hate the game
gawk
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany310 Posts
August 16 2010 14:41 GMT
#331
This tool is getting better and better.
But I have some problems:

1) Renaming-Error when too few players
I use /d-/r1/r2-/m-/p1-/p2./e for renaming.
When testing stuff I sometimes play without opponent - for those replays sc2gears throws an error because /r2 /p2 don't exist.

2) Multi-Analysis fails
I've set my autosave folder as source, mark all replays and let Multi-Analysis run.
Which stops at 25%, no clue why.

3) Sorting Order
Often I want to overview the last played games, so I hit autosaves replay source.
But the search window doesn't remember I'd like to sort by date not by I guess Version?
Of course no big deal, but a little annoying

Some ideas u maybe like:
-Set different templates for different matchups (1v1/2v2/...)
-Enable using folders in rename templates would make organizing replays somewhat nice.

-Provide a possibility to define custom names for maps.
I'd prefer to have "Steppes" as Mapname instead "Steppes Of War" in the replay name.
"iCCup (4)Princess Fortress" is kinda long, too
Jameser
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden951 Posts
August 16 2010 14:43 GMT
#332
holy shit dakota fanning plays sc?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 16:43:55
August 16 2010 16:43 GMT
#333
On August 16 2010 23:41 skatman1744 wrote:
This tool is getting better and better.
But I have some problems:

1) Renaming-Error when too few players
I use /d-/r1/r2-/m-/p1-/p2./e for renaming.
When testing stuff I sometimes play without opponent - for those replays sc2gears throws an error because /r2 /p2 don't exist.

2) Multi-Analysis fails
I've set my autosave folder as source, mark all replays and let Multi-Analysis run.
Which stops at 25%, no clue why.

3) Sorting Order
Often I want to overview the last played games, so I hit autosaves replay source.
But the search window doesn't remember I'd like to sort by date not by I guess Version?
Of course no big deal, but a little annoying

Some ideas u maybe like:
-Set different templates for different matchups (1v1/2v2/...)
-Enable using folders in rename templates would make organizing replays somewhat nice.

-Provide a possibility to define custom names for maps.
I'd prefer to have "Steppes" as Mapname instead "Steppes Of War" in the replay name.
"iCCup (4)Princess Fortress" is kinda long, too

1) will take care of it.
2) Restart Sc2gears, start a new Multi-rep analysis, and when the analysis stops, check the logs, send me those. If it's caused by a replay, please send me that so I can take a look at it.
3) Already changed.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 19 2010 11:33 GMT
#334
Sc2gears 1.70: Trend charts + Template Editor
Details are in the first post.
https://repmastered.icza.net
gawk
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany310 Posts
August 19 2010 14:43 GMT
#335
Hi, Problems when renaming replays in V1.70:
Template is: /d-/M1-/r1/r2-/p1-/p2./e

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1 >= 0
at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.table.DefaultTableColumnModel.getColumn(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableHeaderUI.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthTableHeaderUI.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthTableHeaderUI.update(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 19 2010 14:53 GMT
#336
On August 19 2010 23:43 skatman1744 wrote:
Hi, Problems when renaming replays in V1.70:
Template is: /d-/M1-/r1/r2-/p1-/p2./e

+ Show Spoiler +
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1 >= 0
at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.table.DefaultTableColumnModel.getColumn(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableHeaderUI.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthTableHeaderUI.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthTableHeaderUI.update(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!
Failed to rename replay file!



Hi!

I tried your template:
/d-/M1-/r1/r2-/p1-/p2./e

It works for me. It renamed the replays I selected:
+ Show Spoiler +
2010-08-14-Kulas-RP-SCIIGears-ShiNi.SC2Replay
2010-08-14-Scrap-PR-Jogy-SCIIGears.SC2Replay
2010-08-14-Kulas-PR-Awake-SCIIGears.SC2Replay
2010-08-14-Delta-RZ-SCIIGears-Vasquez.SC2Replay
2010-08-14-Kulas-ZR-Suki-SCIIGears.SC2Replay
2010-08-14-Delta-RP-SCIIGears-realmadrid.SC2Replay
2010-08-14-Desert-RT-SCIIGears-Skeppo.SC2Replay


This problem is not Sc2gears related.

The error message you see "Failed to rename replay file!" means that Sc2gears was not able to rename the replay. For example there is already a replay with that name, or the user you logged in with does not have rights to rename files in the operating system.
https://repmastered.icza.net
gawk
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany310 Posts
August 19 2010 17:55 GMT
#337
Okay my bad, its because I played the same opponent on one day on the same map several times and had /d as date.
Now I'm using /f-/C4-/M2-/T-/Q./e
Bommlinger
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-19 20:42:50
August 19 2010 20:30 GMT
#338
Hello there.

Long time lurker here, I finally registered to show my appreciation for your great tool.

Just a quick question.
I'm a random player, so my matchup tab on the multiple replay analysis is kinda hard to read because there are just so many entries.

Sure sometimes I want to distinguish R(T) vs Z and R(T) vs R(Z) and T vs Z and T vs R(Z), but let's be honest, most of the time I only care about the T vs Z matchup per se no matter if they were picked races or random.

Also the analysis considers each of those entries a different matchup, I just want a sum of all my T vs Z matchups, is there a way to get that? As it is now I would have to add up all those wins/losses by hand, and even then, I don't have exact percentages.

Am I just missing something here and is there a way to customize the tabs so I can choose which matchups are shown?


Bommlinger
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-19 20:34:00
August 19 2010 20:33 GMT
#339
sry double post. please delete
Volshok
Profile Joined August 2008
United States349 Posts
August 19 2010 20:40 GMT
#340
Great tool, thanks for all your efforts!
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=123657
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 170 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 173
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 643
hero 564
BeSt 272
Hyuk 83
Mind 35
Bale 24
Noble 18
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1027
XaKoH 225
League of Legends
JimRising 611
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g9360
ceh9238
Livibee69
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick530
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH369
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Rush1363
• Stunt564
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 13m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 13m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.