• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:47
CEST 12:47
KST 19:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9153 users

Sc2gears 14.3.3: Replay version 2.1 support - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 170 Next
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-11 13:21:01
August 11 2010 13:20 GMT
#281
On August 10 2010 08:37 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2010 08:20 ClasH.ClasH wrote:
Hey, great tool!
But can you integrate something that renames the repfiles? player x - player y map.rep. sth like this.

If you look 2 posts above yours, u'll know it can already rename replays.


Don't mean to be a pest, but I think what some people (myself included) are looking for is automatic replay renaming. We have automatic saving, so it would be lovely to have the replays nicely renamed according to some scheme once they're in the automatic save folder.

Thanks again for SC2Gears! Love the program.
anilusion
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden247 Posts
August 11 2010 22:20 GMT
#282
Would it be possible for you to make a small program that ONLY auto saves replays like SC2Gears does, with settings to run in the background 24/7 and auto start with windows if possible? Now THAT would be sweet!
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 11 2010 22:40 GMT
#283
It would be possible, but there is already a tool/script for that, search here on TL. I don't know if it's up-to-date.
https://repmastered.icza.net
carwashguy
Profile Joined June 2009
United States175 Posts
August 11 2010 22:47 GMT
#284
Blahman's script is up-to-date. (I implemented it not too long ago, and it works great).

By the way, I love Sc2gears. Any plans to allow users to rip build orders off gears into Yabot format? Or just see the Supply stat next to the building/unit/upgrade? I guess the tricky part would be when a unit dies (I'd guess we wouldn't subtract that supply).

Anyway, keep up the good work!
anilusion
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden247 Posts
August 11 2010 23:46 GMT
#285
Blahman's script is working great, but it lacks the rename function that Sc2Gears has. Sure, it renames the files, but only with dates. It would be awesome if you could write a tiny program with only the autosave feature from sc2gears!
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 12 2010 07:11 GMT
#286
On August 12 2010 07:47 carwashguy wrote:
Blahman's script is up-to-date. (I implemented it not too long ago, and it works great).

By the way, I love Sc2gears. Any plans to allow users to rip build orders off gears into Yabot format? Or just see the Supply stat next to the building/unit/upgrade? I guess the tricky part would be when a unit dies (I'd guess we wouldn't subtract that supply).

Anyway, keep up the good work!

The problem is that the format Yabot uses requires the supply and mineral/gas amount. None of them is recorded in the replay.
To show the supply, one would have to re-create the game engine... Not just the unit deaths are not recorded, but neither are the success of train operations (you can't tell if there were enough resources when a train command was issued).
https://repmastered.icza.net
molar
Profile Joined June 2010
United States12 Posts
August 12 2010 22:18 GMT
#287
Whats the difference between the APM your program gives and the APM that is seen in game through watching the replay? On a per game basis the APM for each game viewed through your program is lower then the average APM I see at the end of watching that same game's replay. Does your program not count certain actions that the regular replay viewer does? Thanks in advance for answering.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 13 2010 05:54 GMT
#288
Sc2gears 1.60 released with Real-time conversion and Voices.
Details are in the first post.
https://repmastered.icza.net
baeracaed
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States604 Posts
August 13 2010 06:23 GMT
#289
Dude, real time conversion! Nice work, once again. Thanks.
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Cookies! ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
domoArigato
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1 Post
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 06:38:00
August 13 2010 06:36 GMT
#290
unfortunately, i get an CRC error, when trying to unzip version 1.60.
someone else having this problem?

edit: after the fifth download it worked. thanks for the awesome work, you are doing
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 13 2010 06:38 GMT
#291
On August 13 2010 15:36 domoArigato wrote:
unfortunately, i get an CRC error, when trying to unzip version 1.60.
someone else having this problem?

edit: after the fifth download it worked. thanks for the awesome work, you are doing

It works for me. Try re-downloading it, probably the download was interrupted.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 09:42:50
August 13 2010 09:42 GMT
#292
On August 13 2010 07:18 molar wrote:
Whats the difference between the APM your program gives and the APM that is seen in game through watching the replay? On a per game basis the APM for each game viewed through your program is lower then the average APM I see at the end of watching that same game's replay. Does your program not count certain actions that the regular replay viewer does? Thanks in advance for answering.

To answer this question: Starcraft 2 includes actions in calculating APM that Sc2gears does not.
For example Sc2gears does not include Move screen actions into APM as it has never been counted in APM (Starcraft for example).

But now that the new Sc2gears 1.60 is released, it uses real-time to calculate APM (not game-time). This gives more accurate APM values (higher values if you were playing on fast or faster game speed).
https://repmastered.icza.net
[MIG]kenny
Profile Joined May 2010
17 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 10:42:53
August 13 2010 10:42 GMT
#293
There seems to be an issue with /c in the renaming template
[/c] /T - /m./e
always produces [0] /T - /m./e , also is there a way to force a certain amount of leading 0 in /c?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 10:50:05
August 13 2010 10:48 GMT
#294
On August 13 2010 19:42 [MIG]kenny wrote:
There seems to be an issue with /c in the renaming template
[/c] /T - /m./e
always produces [0] /T - /m./e , also is there a way to force a certain amount of leading 0 in /c?

The definition of the /c symbol in the naming template:
"counter which starts from 1 and will be incremented by 1 on each use"

It starts from 1 (I assume you meant 1 instead of 0), and is incremented by 1 on each use - for the session of a rename operation. So for example if you want to rename 10 replays in the replay list (replay search), and u use the /c symbol once in the template, the first name will have 1, second will have 2, 3... and so on up to 10 substituted for the /c symbol.

If you put 2 "/c" symbols in the template, then each replay will cause an increment of 2 in the counter.

If you use it in the auto-save name template, well, then the rename session is always 1 replay, so it should always substitute "1" for the first "/c" symbol.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
August 13 2010 17:47 GMT
#295
Hey guys, great stuff!
One question though:
Every time I start this program, I have to add replays myself. This really makes this program useless in a way, as it is too much of a pain to use. When I try starting it, I get an error too, that may have something to do with it? I`m running on a 64 bit Windows 7 with a recently updated Java thingie.

The error says that I lack MSVCR71.dll

Any help appreciated
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
Zyrre
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden291 Posts
August 13 2010 19:04 GMT
#296
LOVE the voices. I used to forget starting sc2gears sometimes, now I'm reminded every time I exit a game.
"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."
rza
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada384 Posts
August 13 2010 19:09 GMT
#297
i knew u were a good actess,
never knew about ur programming skillz
love u dakota!!
Until my death, my goal's to stay alive.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 19:55:08
August 13 2010 19:54 GMT
#298
On August 14 2010 02:47 Grend wrote:
Hey guys, great stuff!
One question though:
Every time I start this program, I have to add replays myself. This really makes this program useless in a way, as it is too much of a pain to use. When I try starting it, I get an error too, that may have something to do with it? I`m running on a 64 bit Windows 7 with a recently updated Java thingie.

The error says that I lack MSVCR71.dll

Any help appreciated

I will look into this MSVCR71.dll error, it only happens on some system. But you can still start it with the Sc2gears-win.cmd. And even if you get that error, it should start if you click on the ok button.

What do you mean you have to add replays yourself? You can create and save replay sources, replay lists, you can open the last replay with CTRL+O, you can open any replay from the file menu, and you can even associate sc2 replay files and just double click on them in the operating system.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-13 21:07:00
August 13 2010 20:41 GMT
#299
On August 14 2010 04:54 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2010 02:47 Grend wrote:
Hey guys, great stuff!
One question though:
Every time I start this program, I have to add replays myself. This really makes this program useless in a way, as it is too much of a pain to use. When I try starting it, I get an error too, that may have something to do with it? I`m running on a 64 bit Windows 7 with a recently updated Java thingie.

The error says that I lack MSVCR71.dll

Any help appreciated

I will look into this MSVCR71.dll error, it only happens on some system. But you can still start it with the Sc2gears-win.cmd. And even if you get that error, it should start if you click on the ok button.


Thanks for your quick reply. I downloaded a .dll file so now it stopped (I know this is really stupid and reckless, but it fixed the problem and alot of people reported positive feedback on it working) but my other problem persists.

On August 14 2010 04:54 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2010 02:47 Grend wrote:
Hey guys, great stuff!
One question though:
Every time I start this program, I have to add replays myself. This really makes this program useless in a way, as it is too much of a pain to use. When I try starting it, I get an error too, that may have something to do with it? I`m running on a 64 bit Windows 7 with a recently updated Java thingie.

The error says that I lack MSVCR71.dll

Any help appreciated

What do you mean you have to add replays yourself? You can create and save replay sources, replay lists, you can open the last replay with CTRL+O, you can open any replay from the file menu, and you can even associate sc2 replay files and just double click on them in the operating system.


Wow thanks I finally figured out how this program is supposed to work! I dunno, but to me it felt intuitive that I could just select all the reps with shift and then they would be remembered, like how it worked in the sc:bw equivalent. So due to my own stuck mindset I failed to understand how this program really worked. Wonderful program I must say.

EDIT: I also have a request, or suggestion or whatever: would it be possible to make it an option to start the program minimized? I have made a .bat file that starts sc2 and gears at the same time, but I would like gears to start minimized (And \min does not work). That way I can just bring it up whenever I want to study or discern something about my play!
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
wizard944
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
194 Posts
August 13 2010 20:47 GMT
#300
ummm...sorry for the noobish question, but where are replays saved in the starcraftII folder?
Kassar DeTemplari
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 170 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 15051
StarCastTV_EN342
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 301
Lowko257
ProTech121
Rex 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 10793
EffOrt 5691
BeSt 1642
ZerO 1061
Larva 1009
Hyuk 862
Horang2 723
Hyun 279
Zeus 249
Killer 194
[ Show more ]
Light 184
Stork 170
Barracks 127
Rush 78
Yoon 57
Shinee 46
ToSsGirL 38
Bale 31
Terrorterran 23
Mong 23
Sacsri 21
PianO 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
sorry 10
HiyA 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 724
Dendi74
League of Legends
KnowMe33
Counter-Strike
byalli909
Other Games
singsing1855
olofmeister1406
crisheroes246
Sick171
Pyrionflax122
ArmadaUGS53
Mew2King50
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream305
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 205
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 13
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
StarCraft 2
WardiTV5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• StrangeGG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1951
• Stunt367
Other Games
• WagamamaTV174
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
13m
Rex65
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.