• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:59
CEST 07:59
KST 14:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10086 users

Sc2gears 14.3.3: Replay version 2.1 support - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 170 Next
Sfydjklm
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States9218 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-22 01:31:51
August 22 2010 01:30 GMT
#361
APM seems to be incorrectly calculated tt
hmm. Actually i just checked reps of someone else and it displays apm correct but when i look at my own reps it adds about 50, or 30%
twitter.com/therealdhalism | "Trying out Z = lots of losses vs inferior players until you figure out how to do it well (if it even works)."- Liquid'Tyler
johnyates7
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1 Post
August 22 2010 19:13 GMT
#362
When I double click the "Comment" field and add a note it does not save. Is this intentional?

Can you add an "average unspent minerals/gas" charting option to the multi-replay analysis? I would like to use this feature to track if I am getting better or worse over time at spending my resources. An "unused Larva" counter would also be cool.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 22 2010 20:03 GMT
#363
On August 22 2010 10:30 Sfydjklm wrote:
APM seems to be incorrectly calculated tt
hmm. Actually i just checked reps of someone else and it displays apm correct but when i look at my own reps it adds about 50, or 30%

Sc2gears calculates APM with real-time. StarCraft 2 shows your APM (during a replay) calculated with game-time. APM with game-time is not the correct value. The game-time in case of faster game speed is 1.38 times faster than real-time which means the real-time APM (the real APM) will be 38 % higher.

Sc2gears is capable of showing times (game length) and APMs calculated with game-time. You can set this in the Miscellaneous settings dialog (but it is recommended to use the default real-time calculations).
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 22 2010 20:10 GMT
#364
On August 22 2010 01:04 ven wrote:
Yea, I reckoned that there was no other way right now. How about the future then? /T already groups by teams, why shouldn't the player list do the same? It would also be great if there was an option to always move the player's team into the front of the list. Would make reading the directory itself a lot easier.

Edit: another suggestion, add the auto-save option to the tray menu for easier access.

There will be a way in the future. I will also extend the tray icon menu items.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 22 2010 20:11 GMT
#365
On August 23 2010 04:13 johnyates7 wrote:
When I double click the "Comment" field and add a note it does not save. Is this intentional?

Can you add an "average unspent minerals/gas" charting option to the multi-replay analysis? I would like to use this feature to track if I am getting better or worse over time at spending my resources. An "unused Larva" counter would also be cool.

The comments are saved with the replay lists. So if you enter or modify a comment, you have to save the replay list.

The resources, supply and "unused larva" requests will not be added as these information are not recorded in the replays (and it would require to recreate the game engine to calculate these).
https://repmastered.icza.net
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
August 23 2010 05:34 GMT
#366
On August 21 2010 16:13 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
There is a problem with this. The chosen race is stored: either Random, Terran, Protoss or Zerg.
In case of chosen Random, the race that random turns out to be is stored only as a localized string (at least that's what I've found, there might be stored the race ID too). This localized string is not always Terran, Protoss and Zerg, but rather the race name in the language of the client. For example the first letters in case of a Korean client are not even TPZ.

I plan to add this feature, which will work for all replays saved by clients where the first letters are TPZ. But you will see Korean signs in case of a Korean client for example.

So right now for english clients there would not be problems though, right? Maybe a good way to indicate race would be by checking their starting unit IDs, and mentioning their race through case-switch/if-then based on that.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Cade)Flayer
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom279 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-23 17:04:09
August 23 2010 16:59 GMT
#367
I like the voice work on it, especially how it says "replay saved" when you finish a game. Very nice utility, good enough that I'd pay for it.

Btw if I had a suggestion I would have it so that you can sort your replays into different folders based on gametype (eg 1v1, 2v2 etc) but it's not a big issue at all. Love it!
That boys a monster
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
August 23 2010 17:17 GMT
#368
I have to say again, this program is pretty awesome. To have this level of analysis available is a huge help. The amount of new features being added is pretty staggering, Im getting new tools as fast as I can learn to use them and the tools Im getting I didnt know I wanted, and now cant live without.
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
1a2a3aPro
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada227 Posts
August 24 2010 23:15 GMT
#369
I am not sure if it is because I have some sort of bugged replay, but I like to use sc2gears to analyze my win-rate over all match ups. I have 100 replays or so loaded of myself. The issue is, when I double click, nothing happens. I can double click on any other player and get detailed statistics, but when I try and do it on my ID, I get nothing. Is this a known issue, anyone else on TL have similar problems?
Adebisi
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1637 Posts
August 24 2010 23:19 GMT
#370
On August 25 2010 08:15 1a2a3aPro wrote:
I am not sure if it is because I have some sort of bugged replay, but I like to use sc2gears to analyze my win-rate over all match ups. I have 100 replays or so loaded of myself. The issue is, when I double click, nothing happens. I can double click on any other player and get detailed statistics, but when I try and do it on my ID, I get nothing. Is this a known issue, anyone else on TL have similar problems?

I had this same problem, restarted the program seemed to go away...
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
August 25 2010 21:01 GMT
#371
I just realized a feature some/many people might find useful:

Make a simple launcher program that will run both starcraft 2 and sc2gears when run. While this is something very easy for anyone to do, it's not something everyone KNOWS how to do, or that it's so easy to do. Then you can implement an option in sc2gears to close when starcraft 2 closes. That way it's never running when it doesn't need to be.
In the event that the launcher and auto-close isn't made, here's at least instructions on how to run multiple programs at once:
http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-2000/launch-multiple-programs-at-once-using-simple-batch-file/

Another feature I'd personally like is the the option to "minimize to tray on close" and/or "minimize to tray on minimize".
Even just giving the existing "minimize to tray" option a hotkey would be useful.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Flaunt
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
New Zealand784 Posts
August 25 2010 23:43 GMT
#372
On August 26 2010 06:01 Xapti wrote:
I just realized a feature some/many people might find useful:

Make a simple launcher program that will run both starcraft 2 and sc2gears when run. While this is something very easy for anyone to do, it's not something everyone KNOWS how to do, or that it's so easy to do. Then you can implement an option in sc2gears to close when starcraft 2 closes. That way it's never running when it doesn't need to be.
In the event that the launcher and auto-close isn't made, here's at least instructions on how to run multiple programs at once:
http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-2000/launch-multiple-programs-at-once-using-simple-batch-file/

Another feature I'd personally like is the the option to "minimize to tray on close" and/or "minimize to tray on minimize".
Even just giving the existing "minimize to tray" option a hotkey would be useful.


start "" "C:\Program Files\StarCraft II\StarCraft II.exe"
start "" "C:\Users\Jamie\Desktop\Sc2gears\Sc2gears-win"

What's wrong with that?
What? You seek something? You wish to multiply yourself tenfold, a hundredfold? You seek followers? Seek zeros!
hydezyne
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States38 Posts
August 25 2010 23:51 GMT
#373
Thank you for your hard work!
There is Power in Simplicity
gillon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1578 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-26 22:38:24
August 26 2010 22:32 GMT
#374
I really want to get sc2gears working for me, but I'm having some really strange problems. I've got the latest Java and I'm experiencing lots of graphical glitches and some other issues. To start with, it was complaining about a missing .dll (msvcr71.dll) which I thought that if I got, the issues dissappeared. So I fetched the .dll and the error didn't show up this time but I have the exact same issues in the progrem.

The graphical glitches vary in graveness depending on what theme I use, but I experience major problems in trying to use the program no matter the theme. For example, when trying to change the template for autosave replay names it's as if it doesn't update the UI to show what I'm actually typing removing. These issues appear in all the menus and make the program unusable.

I've skimmed through the responses but haven't seen anyone with anything like what I'm describing.

Thanks. Oh, and I'm on Win7 64bit if thats of any importance.

EDIT: Added example of one of the graphical glitches.

+ Show Spoiler [glitch] +
[image loading]
www.teamproperty.net | "You should hate losing, but you should never fear defeat." - 이윤열
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-27 05:25:48
August 27 2010 05:25 GMT
#375
On August 27 2010 07:32 gillon wrote:
I really want to get sc2gears working for me, but I'm having some really strange problems. I've got the latest Java and I'm experiencing lots of graphical glitches and some other issues. To start with, it was complaining about a missing .dll (msvcr71.dll) which I thought that if I got, the issues dissappeared. So I fetched the .dll and the error didn't show up this time but I have the exact same issues in the progrem.

The graphical glitches vary in graveness depending on what theme I use, but I experience major problems in trying to use the program no matter the theme. For example, when trying to change the template for autosave replay names it's as if it doesn't update the UI to show what I'm actually typing removing. These issues appear in all the menus and make the program unusable.

I've skimmed through the responses but haven't seen anyone with anything like what I'm describing.

Thanks. Oh, and I'm on Win7 64bit if thats of any importance.

EDIT: Added example of one of the graphical glitches.

+ Show Spoiler [glitch] +
[image loading]

Are you using the latest Java?

Someone else reported me graphical issues too, and it turned it that it was caused by another software, some kind of chat that had a feature of transparency and overlap other applications. When he turned off that program, everything was good.

Try the default Nimbus theme, which is part of the default Java, but still not perfect. Also try the Metal theme which is somewhat less good-looking, but it is complete and faster.

Can you maybe try out other Java softwares to see if this problem is Java related or you only experience this with Sc2gears?

Also can you check and send me the log files? Maybe there are errors in the log.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
August 27 2010 06:18 GMT
#376
I got that missing dll error too, but the program works fine so I just ignore it (win 7 64bt).

I also suspect that it might just be that I haven't restarted my computer since installing java.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 27 2010 06:49 GMT
#377
On August 27 2010 15:18 Xapti wrote:
I got that missing dll error too, but the program works fine so I just ignore it (win 7 64bt).

I also suspect that it might just be that I haven't restarted my computer since installing java.

The msvcr71.dll related error is fixed by replacing the starter exe. The new version will be out soon.
https://repmastered.icza.net
DownCH
Profile Joined August 2010
Switzerland3 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-27 10:48:20
August 27 2010 10:46 GMT
#378
Very usefuj tool, I like the auto save. I would like a 'always close to status bar' feature, because I often close it accidentally and then the replays weren't saved. :/
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 27 2010 11:37 GMT
#379
On August 27 2010 19:46 DownCH wrote:
Very usefuj tool, I like the auto save. I would like a 'always close to status bar' feature, because I often close it accidentally and then the replays weren't saved. :/

It has already been added with many other user requests. The new version will be out very soon
https://repmastered.icza.net
Fantajim
Profile Joined August 2010
Switzerland4 Posts
August 27 2010 11:48 GMT
#380
Ive been lurking these forums alot, but had to register to say :

respect dude, really really great work!
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 170 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings87
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 198
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 454
hero 423
BeSt 252
Mind 35
Terrorterran 24
Bale 22
Noble 12
yabsab 10
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1206
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Counter-Strike
taco 380
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King141
Other Games
summit1g10122
ArmadaUGS42
Livibee30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH339
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2267
League of Legends
• Rush1354
• Stunt412
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 1m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.