• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:01
CEST 05:01
KST 12:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9862 users

Sc2gears 14.3.3: Replay version 2.1 support - Page 21

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 170 Next
Flaunt
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
New Zealand784 Posts
August 30 2010 03:02 GMT
#401
On August 29 2010 23:16 dvide wrote:

So in effect, if I input 'dvide' as the sort criteria it would ensure that player 1 is always dvide (if present) and that player 2 is my opponent. Meaning in my replay archive folder there would always be ZvT - dvide vs opponent, instead of some TvZ - opponent vs dvide.

Also, minor thing but could I additionally set SC2Gears to delete the original replay when one is saved successfully? Then it wouldn't show up twice in SC2's recent replays GUI. It's nice to be able to use the SC2 replay GUI too when the game is already loaded, so I've changed my archive folder to exist within my replay Multiplayer folder, but it just makes things really messy. When a replay is saved manually through SC2 itself, the original is deleted, so it would be nice if this were automatic too.


I really want this too
What? You seek something? You wish to multiply yourself tenfold, a hundredfold? You seek followers? Seek zeros!
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-30 06:53:58
August 30 2010 06:52 GMT
#402
On August 29 2010 23:16 dvide wrote:
Nice update. I'm not sure how you got the player profiles, but that's totally awesome. Is the URL actually saved in the replay? At last there's a way to know if that IdrA you played is really IdrA =)

I especially like the new /g tag, which has made me switch from using warcode's replay auto-renamer. Would it be possible to add the ability to sort the list of players by a given player's name too, like SC2RAR? It looks much neater that way.

So in effect, if I input 'dvide' as the sort criteria it would ensure that player 1 is always dvide (if present) and that player 2 is my opponent. Meaning in my replay archive folder there would always be ZvT - dvide vs opponent, instead of some TvZ - opponent vs dvide.

Also, minor thing but could I additionally set SC2Gears to delete the original replay when one is saved successfully? Then it wouldn't show up twice in SC2's recent replays GUI. It's nice to be able to use the SC2 replay GUI too when the game is already loaded, so I've changed my archive folder to exist within my replay Multiplayer folder, but it just makes things really messy. When a replay is saved manually through SC2 itself, the original is deleted, so it would be nice if this were automatic too.

Replay deletion is done. Will be included in the next release.
I will work on the player rearrange too, but it's more complicated in case of team games (if I move a player to the front, his teammates have to be moved too, also I have to change match-up strings and so on..), but it isn't impossible.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 30 2010 06:56 GMT
#403
On August 30 2010 04:50 Avaclon wrote:
Love the software. Much props to you Dakota_Fanning.

I have a feature request if you get the chance to get to it. Often in games I would play in teams and I would often choose Random as my race. I would love to see the Win/Lose ratio of myself using a certain race in multi-replay analysis. That way I can get a feel of which race I would need to work on, or perhaps even what kind of race composition works best for my team (as most of them are random as well). Like what you have done with the race analsys in the 1v1 match-up records, but for teams. Again, beautiful work, thanks!

I will add match-up analysis and record for team games too, but I'm not promising it will be in the next release.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 30 2010 07:25 GMT
#404
On August 30 2010 10:09 bingobango wrote:
I've spent a fair bit of time digging into replay binaries trying to extract the ability to get at the profile from the player info and have been unsuccessful. I'd love to have some clues as to how you did it?

Did you get it from "replay.details"? If so, I had isolated a three-byte 'magic number' that seemed to be a unique identifier for each player, but I couldn't figure out any sane way to turn that into a battle.net id. Have you? Or did you get it from somewhere else?

This is a pretty huge feature and as far as I can tell, yours is the only parser that can do it.

edit: on testing, it seems that you've figured out how to read that 'magic number' and convert that to a profile id. I'd love to hear how you did that.

The character ID is not stored in the replay (at least I haven't found it). A unique battle.net id is stored, and I use that to construct the URL.
https://repmastered.icza.net
dvide
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom287 Posts
August 30 2010 10:10 GMT
#405
On August 30 2010 15:52 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Replay deletion is done. Will be included in the next release.
I will work on the player rearrange too, but it's more complicated in case of team games (if I move a player to the front, his teammates have to be moved too, also I have to change match-up strings and so on..), but it isn't impossible.

Thanks. I appreciate it =)
Rkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1278 Posts
August 30 2010 20:53 GMT
#406
can someone help me? i can get it to save games about half of the time, but if usually only works if i start sc2gears before SC2. it is very frustrating because i do not see anything that i am doing wrong. I just run sc2gears, run starcraft, and that is it correct?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 30 2010 21:25 GMT
#407
On August 31 2010 05:53 Rkie wrote:
can someone help me? i can get it to save games about half of the time, but if usually only works if i start sc2gears before SC2. it is very frustrating because i do not see anything that i am doing wrong. I just run sc2gears, run starcraft, and that is it correct?

That is correct. Send me the logs from "User content/Logs" and I'll take a look.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Rkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1278 Posts
August 30 2010 21:38 GMT
#408
On August 31 2010 06:25 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2010 05:53 Rkie wrote:
can someone help me? i can get it to save games about half of the time, but if usually only works if i start sc2gears before SC2. it is very frustrating because i do not see anything that i am doing wrong. I just run sc2gears, run starcraft, and that is it correct?

That is correct. Send me the logs from "User content/Logs" and I'll take a look.


how? just copy/paste as a PM, or something else?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
August 30 2010 22:17 GMT
#409
On August 31 2010 06:38 Rkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2010 06:25 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
On August 31 2010 05:53 Rkie wrote:
can someone help me? i can get it to save games about half of the time, but if usually only works if i start sc2gears before SC2. it is very frustrating because i do not see anything that i am doing wrong. I just run sc2gears, run starcraft, and that is it correct?

That is correct. Send me the logs from "User content/Logs" and I'll take a look.


how? just copy/paste as a PM, or something else?

I suggest via email. My email is on the About dialog.
https://repmastered.icza.net
greenkid
Profile Joined May 2010
114 Posts
August 31 2010 01:59 GMT
#410
Will there ever be a way to see build orders like on liquidpedia? Cuz if it did that I will call you a God XD
andeh
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States904 Posts
September 01 2010 06:51 GMT
#411
two things, but both could be like this on purpose

but when you select your any number of replays in a Replay Search, and try to rename them with the argument /Fx (/m./e in my example), this occurs

0010 Metalopolis.sc2
0010 Blistering Sands.sc2
0010 Mapname.sc2
0010 MapnameTwo.sc2
etc

But for me, I would rather have them named
0001 map.sc2
0002 map.sc2
0003 map.sc2
etc.
(the number 10 is how many replays you are trying to rename at once) Just wondering if this is intentional (where they all share the same sequential number) or if you're supposed to rename each individually instead selecting them all and renaming them all at once.

I hope I'm making sense~~

Also, this was probably a choice by you as well but you should consider discarding the first 80 seconds of apm when computing the average apm of a game. I'm fairly sure sc2gears doesn't do this. I'm only saying this because the first 80 seconds is usually spam and bwchart calculates apm by discarding the first 80 seconds. (source: http://bwchart.teamliquid.net/us/bwfaq.php) So it's kind of a standard for calculating bw apm, you might want to consider it for sc2gears. It allows for users to more accurately see real apm compared to realapm + spam, and it's already a standard so I don't believe you would receive negative feedback from it.

Hope I helped, and really awesome program. Keep it up =)
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 08:47:33
September 01 2010 08:44 GMT
#412
On September 01 2010 15:51 andeh wrote:
two things, but both could be like this on purpose

but when you select your any number of replays in a Replay Search, and try to rename them with the argument /Fx (/m./e in my example), this occurs

0010 Metalopolis.sc2
0010 Blistering Sands.sc2
0010 Mapname.sc2
0010 MapnameTwo.sc2
etc

But for me, I would rather have them named
0001 map.sc2
0002 map.sc2
0003 map.sc2
etc.
(the number 10 is how many replays you are trying to rename at once) Just wondering if this is intentional (where they all share the same sequential number) or if you're supposed to rename each individually instead selecting them all and renaming them all at once.

I hope I'm making sense~~

Also, this was probably a choice by you as well but you should consider discarding the first 80 seconds of apm when computing the average apm of a game. I'm fairly sure sc2gears doesn't do this. I'm only saying this because the first 80 seconds is usually spam and bwchart calculates apm by discarding the first 80 seconds. (source: http://bwchart.teamliquid.net/us/bwfaq.php) So it's kind of a standard for calculating bw apm, you might want to consider it for sc2gears. It allows for users to more accurately see real apm compared to realapm + spam, and it's already a standard so I don't believe you would receive negative feedback from it.

Hope I helped, and really awesome program. Keep it up =)


The counter result is intentional but you're using it the wrong way.
The /Fx symbol is designed to the auto-save name template, which will be incresead by one at all new replays.

For the rename dialog you should use the /c or the /Cx symbol. They always stat at 1, and are incremented by 1 on each use (so if you use only 1 counter symbol in the template, it will be incremented by one for each replay). The /c is a simple counter, the /Cx is a fixed x digit counter.

Use only the symbols that are offered on the template editor component, because it always shows the symbols that are intended for use in the context in question.
https://repmastered.icza.net
gillon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1578 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 15:09:29
September 01 2010 14:32 GMT
#413
On August 27 2010 14:25 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 27 2010 07:32 gillon wrote:
I really want to get sc2gears working for me, but I'm having some really strange problems. I've got the latest Java and I'm experiencing lots of graphical glitches and some other issues. To start with, it was complaining about a missing .dll (msvcr71.dll) which I thought that if I got, the issues dissappeared. So I fetched the .dll and the error didn't show up this time but I have the exact same issues in the progrem.

The graphical glitches vary in graveness depending on what theme I use, but I experience major problems in trying to use the program no matter the theme. For example, when trying to change the template for autosave replay names it's as if it doesn't update the UI to show what I'm actually typing removing. These issues appear in all the menus and make the program unusable.

I've skimmed through the responses but haven't seen anyone with anything like what I'm describing.

Thanks. Oh, and I'm on Win7 64bit if thats of any importance.

EDIT: Added example of one of the graphical glitches.

+ Show Spoiler [glitch] +
[image loading]

Are you using the latest Java?

Someone else reported me graphical issues too, and it turned it that it was caused by another software, some kind of chat that had a feature of transparency and overlap other applications. When he turned off that program, everything was good.

Try the default Nimbus theme, which is part of the default Java, but still not perfect. Also try the Metal theme which is somewhat less good-looking, but it is complete and faster.

Can you maybe try out other Java softwares to see if this problem is Java related or you only experience this with Sc2gears?

Also can you check and send me the log files? Maybe there are errors in the log.


I figured it out. The problem was with my windows 7 theme. I was using the Win7 Basic theme (The one with the new aero features turned off, but that still looks kinda the same) and as soon as I switched back to the normal theme, menus and everything appear to be working as they should.

I also experienced this problem in the Java control panel, so I'm guessing that it's not related to sc2gears at all but rather some UI conflict relating to the specific theme and Java itself.

Thanks for the response though! ^_^

EDIT: Hm, I've been able to reproduce it with other themes aswell if I maximize the window, but it seems to be working fine as long as I don't maximize it. Very strange issue, Java is up to date btw.

EDIT2: Wow, yeah, it seems like the problem is still there but MAY go away sometimes by choosing a different theme and restarting it just to pop up at a later time. Very frustrating.
www.teamproperty.net | "You should hate losing, but you should never fear defeat." - 이윤열
DirDirDirty
Profile Joined April 2010
United States19 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 02:34:57
September 05 2010 02:13 GMT
#414
Alright I might just be going crazy but I feel like my old replays from a few days ago that sc2gears autosaved have disappeared on me, and that they aren't stockpiling so that I can analyze my improvement. Is this possible and if so what do I need to look at/change?

EDIT: nvm, I found the archive folder, I was looking in a different one.
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
September 06 2010 06:10 GMT
#415
Woah... I just looked for a feature I thought you'd certainly have and did not see it. This is quite as important I'd say -

When you make a Multi-replay analysis, you can't choose whether to include custom games or not. While many custom games are against players of one's same skill level, many would be far more skilled or far less skilled, which skews results.
While there'd be no easy way to include only similar skill-level custom games, the option to exclude custom games altogether should be an option.

When I say custom game I mean non-matchmaking of course.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-06 06:42:39
September 06 2010 06:41 GMT
#416
On September 06 2010 15:10 Xapti wrote:
Woah... I just looked for a feature I thought you'd certainly have and did not see it. This is quite as important I'd say -

When you make a Multi-replay analysis, you can't choose whether to include custom games or not. While many custom games are against players of one's same skill level, many would be far more skilled or far less skilled, which skews results.
While there'd be no easy way to include only similar skill-level custom games, the option to exclude custom games altogether should be an option.

When I say custom game I mean non-matchmaking of course.

The feature you're talking about does not belong to the Multi-rep analysis, but to the replay search.

You can pre-filter the replays you want to pass onto the Multi-rep analysis. Just filter for AutoMM game type, and perform a Multi-rep analysis on the result.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-06 07:17:05
September 06 2010 07:10 GMT
#417
oh okay, right. I thought there was something I might have been missing, thanks.

Oh and I just re-ran the program right now, and it says there's a v2.0, nice work!
So many good changes, I didn't even have time to read through all of them (impatience), but they looked like really nice changes.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
September 06 2010 07:16 GMT
#418
Sc2gears 2.00: Favored player list, eliminated random and more...

Most user requests have been fulfilled. Details are in the first post.
https://repmastered.icza.net
gawk
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany310 Posts
September 06 2010 07:51 GMT
#419
While trying some new changes I noticed the greater spire I morphed doesn't show in the build chart.
I morph it at 13:30.
http://www.mediafire.com/?c6a5kyy10i5s357 is the replay.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-06 07:57:24
September 06 2010 07:55 GMT
#420
On September 06 2010 16:51 skatman1744 wrote:
While trying some new changes I noticed the greater spire I morphed doesn't show in the build chart.
I morph it at 13:30.
http://www.mediafire.com/?c6a5kyy10i5s357 is the replay.

Edit:
The reason for that is that Greater Spire is not a new building, but it's an upgrade. I might add it in the future.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 170 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 232
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10595
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1116
NeuroSwarm203
febbydoto20
League of Legends
JimRising 703
Counter-Strike
taco 259
minikerr48
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King316
hungrybox129
Other Games
summit1g9486
Maynarde214
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick446
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 191
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo636
• Rush411
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 59m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.