• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:57
CEST 20:57
KST 03:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9165 users

Anger after losses - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
bubblegumbo
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Taiwan1296 Posts
May 08 2010 15:36 GMT
#61
Getting angry after a loss means that you care, which is a good thing. There isn't anyway to avoid feeling that sense of frustration and anger unless you don't care about the game anymore, but I found that as long as I am not in a bad mood already from other problems in real life, I can get over the loss pretty fast after analyzing what went wrong.

I am usually really competitive in all multiplayer Blizzard games, but when I stop getting mad at losing, that is usually when I stopped caring about that particular game. This usually happens after playing that particular game for over 2 years at least though! Except for D2 which I didn't bother with.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper is a genius. For man to survive, they need toilet paper!"- Nal_rA
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
May 08 2010 15:41 GMT
#62
i think it's very important to acknlowledge the slippery slop. Losing is going to happen. The best player in the world still loses. It's a game of imperfect information.

Just gotta remind yourself that Lady Variance is a cold bitch and keep on improving.
Slurgi
Profile Joined March 2010
United States118 Posts
May 08 2010 15:45 GMT
#63
I'm sure my opinion is just another drop in the bucket of those that feel the same way, but believe me, a lot of us take losses very hard.

I've seen a lot of usernames of people on this forum (and even in this thread) that I've raged really hard at. It's embarrassing and a complete reversal from my normal demeanor, but losing at an RTS game throws me down a swirl of uncontrollable rage that is unequaled by anything else. It's crazy. Um, sorry.

Although I have a desperate need to follow my own advice, my advice is still that it's best to just remain calm, honestly sit back and analyze why you lost or how you could have won the game. Oh, and try your best not to make excuses like imbalance, like I do.
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
May 08 2010 15:47 GMT
#64
Yeah, getting angry or frustrated is really easy to understand. Normally I'm calm after losing, even to a 7 rax inbase bunker rush. Yesterday though, I was 1 game away from #1 in my plat division, then lost 4 in a row. You can be sure I wasn't feeling well after that.

So, a little anger is ok, but if it is getting out of control or you are breaking things then maybe consider trying to get that under control.
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
Fumi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
529 Posts
May 08 2010 15:48 GMT
#65
Not being BM is a great start, but if you're being way too hard on yourself, stop, take a deep breath, put on your headphones and listen to this:


When the video ends, you can follow some good advices in this thread and/or analyze your replay calmly.
Flash, Stats, Reach, Tossgirl <> Boxer, Nestea, MC, Foxer fangirl | http://osu.ppy.sh/u/181432
FranktheTank
Profile Joined May 2010
United States12 Posts
May 08 2010 15:52 GMT
#66
I have to take breaks from sc2, or else I rage and lose. After 4-5 games win or lose I will take a break, because I tend to get complacent if I'm winning or rage if I'm losing. I only have to do this for Blizzard games. In WoW I was the tank that needed a cigarette(don't smoke kids) after every boss, and I could only play a few WC3 games at a time without cooling off.

If you schedule a break you can keep yourself calm and prepared. Do whatever you have to, usually I will get a glass of water, see what my roommates are up to, watch my replays, or read the TL forums.
Mentat
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada74 Posts
May 08 2010 15:53 GMT
#67
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
May 08 2010 15:54 GMT
#68
I was crushed when I was demoted from Silver to Bronze a few minutes ago. Makes me wonder how I was a vT player's practice partner in BW.
DragonDefonce
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States790 Posts
May 08 2010 15:57 GMT
#69
Find a practice partner. If you just play a lot of games with one person, I find that losses motivates you to do better the next game and the next one and so on. Plus its so much better than loosing to some random dude that the computer matched with you.
Steamboatlol
Profile Joined April 2010
United States161 Posts
May 08 2010 16:08 GMT
#70
On May 09 2010 00:53 Mentat wrote:
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.


I may get angry at starcraft, but I don't get angry at trolls. I think trolls are qt's.
ScienceRob
Profile Joined April 2010
United States382 Posts
May 08 2010 16:20 GMT
#71
I find that when I get really really upset at the fact that I've lost, the best thing to do is To spam 121212121212 on whatever units you have left. You concentrate on spamming that until you feel your rage leave you. Then say gg and exit. I find the worst thing you can do is to leave a game enraged.
Carpe Diem
Mentat
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada74 Posts
May 08 2010 16:22 GMT
#72
On May 09 2010 01:08 Steamboatlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2010 00:53 Mentat wrote:
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.


I may get angry at starcraft, but I don't get angry at trolls. I think trolls are qt's.


I'm a troll now because I'm stating the obvious truth ?

mkay, sure. You keep thinking that, lol.
Holden Caulfield
Profile Joined March 2010
102 Posts
May 08 2010 16:38 GMT
#73
YOu only get angry because your games are probably taking more then 15min. It's hard to put so many into the match and end up losing. Just try to finish the match as quick as you can. If you win great, if not, well you didn't put many work into it anyway; resign and move on.

And one more thing: points don't really mean anything right now and won't mean anything until there is a overall/world ladder, so just try to learn as much as you can.
e4e5nf3
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada599 Posts
May 08 2010 16:41 GMT
#74
I got inspired to keep chugging along after a loss after watching some streamers play again and again, even after a bad loss. I used to play about 2 games or so before having to rest because I was mentally exhausted. But I figured the best way to lose that feeling of exhaustion was to build up endurance and just keep playing. It actually works too. I still don't play 3 hours straight like some streamers, but I lost some of that frustration I felt after a loss.
King takes Queen
vesicular
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1311 Posts
May 08 2010 16:42 GMT
#75
Actually, at this point in the game, I enjoy losing more than I do winning, mainly because I want to watch the replay afterwards and see where I went wrong. I enjoy this almost as much as playing the game itself. And if I win I tend not to watch the replays (though perhaps I should).

For me it's about learning and getting better, not about W-L ratios. So I guess I see all my games as practice, and the opponent is my target dummy.

I think the only time I'd generally rage is if I was in a tourney. At that point practice is over and that's the "real" game because there are real consequences for losing. Everything else though I see as refining your technique. Better to do that in ladders than when you go to tourney.
STX Fighting!
suejak
Profile Joined March 2010
Japan545 Posts
May 08 2010 16:43 GMT
#76
LOL, you don't get angry because you care; you get angry because you can't handle your emotions.

There is disappointment. There is frustration. These are ok. Then there is anger. Anger is silly.
Are you human?
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
May 08 2010 16:46 GMT
#77
On May 09 2010 01:22 Mentat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2010 01:08 Steamboatlol wrote:
On May 09 2010 00:53 Mentat wrote:
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.


I may get angry at starcraft, but I don't get angry at trolls. I think trolls are qt's.


I'm a troll now because I'm stating the obvious truth ?

mkay, sure. You keep thinking that, lol.


Why is it worse to get angry from losing in a computergame than it is to get angry because you lose in a sportsgame? Getting angry when not performing sufficient is what drives a winner (unless it is getting angry with the other "cheating" or some stupid stuff like that), not caring because "lolit'sjustagame" will pretty much ensure that you won't develop at all (or at least at a MUCH MUCH slower rate).

Ask any top-athlete, he/she will tell you that they are bad losers.
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
May 08 2010 16:46 GMT
#78
On May 09 2010 01:43 suejak wrote:
LOL, you don't get angry because you care; you get angry because you can't handle your emotions.

There is disappointment. There is frustration. These are ok. Then there is anger. Anger is silly.



not if getting angry is a good motivator =)
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
Kojaimea
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom277 Posts
May 08 2010 16:47 GMT
#79
Everyone feels it to a certain extent. You just have to stop being so hard on yourself, and remember that the game is hard! If its anger aimed at the game, i suggest you take a break.
The riverbed, dried-up, half full of leaves. Us, listening to a river in the trees.
jjun212
Profile Joined December 2004
Canada2208 Posts
May 08 2010 16:48 GMT
#80
its cuz you use up so much time for 1 game.,

one small fuck up and everything could be gone. while in FPS, one fuck up.. and you might still have another 4 rounds to go.

well i guess you could say that for RTS as well if its like a Bo5 but.. the games are so much longerrrrr and more energy draining IMO

i broke my mouse once by slamming it on the table because it didnt move when i moved it. the ball was jammed or something

so now i only use laser. i dont give a f about what pros use cuz i remember some of them only used ball mouse.. lol well good for them. but i just couldnt risk the ball jamming again under dirt or w/e. i dont have the desire to clean out a ball mouse often in order to play sc well. no thx.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 686
UpATreeSC 116
JuggernautJason36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18587
firebathero 186
Rush 131
Dewaltoss 97
Sexy 25
Shine 23
Bale 13
yabsab 10
Djem5 1
Dota 2
Gorgc8074
qojqva1404
monkeys_forever105
Counter-Strike
fl0m1561
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1998
crisheroes1259
Liquid`Hasu709
XaKoH 147
MindelVK15
Other Games
Grubby2964
summit1g1966
Beastyqt699
FrodaN677
ceh9634
ArmadaUGS204
byalli199
C9.Mang0159
KnowMe158
Hui .147
QueenE103
Mew2King66
shahzam41
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• 80smullet 13
• FirePhoenix6
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1707
League of Legends
• TFBlade1131
Other Games
• imaqtpie884
• WagamamaTV253
• Shiphtur243
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 3m
Stellar Fest
18h 3m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.