• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:14
CEST 00:14
KST 07:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)16Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8628 users

Anger after losses - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Mentat
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada74 Posts
May 08 2010 19:45 GMT
#101
On May 09 2010 03:31 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2010 01:22 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:08 Steamboatlol wrote:
On May 09 2010 00:53 Mentat wrote:
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.


I may get angry at starcraft, but I don't get angry at trolls. I think trolls are qt's.


I'm a troll now because I'm stating the obvious truth ?

mkay, sure. You keep thinking that, lol.

no youre a fucking retarded troll, everyone gets mad at losing not just at starcraft in general. find me someone who says "oh look i lost a game im so happy!!" without it being yourself for the sake of finding someone, because ill give youa hint you wont.


getting mad over forum posts is a new low

just when I thought getting mad at video games was bad, lol.
Twinweapon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States90 Posts
May 08 2010 19:46 GMT
#102
The difference is because in this game its all on 1 person, and that is you. If you lose it is your fault and no one else. If you miss micro its your fault. If your forget to macro its your fault.

In an fps a large majority of the time it played as a group and if one player does a great job and his team loses. He can just say hell I did well and its not my fault that my team lost, but it was the rest of the teams' fault for not doing well.

That is the difference between FPs and RTS is the pressure on yourself and knowing that no matter what no one else can help you, your on your own and its all on you.

RTS are for clutch players in an FPs, the players that can win a 1vs6 with a minute left before game ends and defuse the bomb or protect it. There is no other thing like it.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
May 08 2010 19:47 GMT
#103
On May 09 2010 04:45 Mentat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2010 03:31 arb wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:22 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:08 Steamboatlol wrote:
On May 09 2010 00:53 Mentat wrote:
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.


I may get angry at starcraft, but I don't get angry at trolls. I think trolls are qt's.


I'm a troll now because I'm stating the obvious truth ?

mkay, sure. You keep thinking that, lol.

no youre a fucking retarded troll, everyone gets mad at losing not just at starcraft in general. find me someone who says "oh look i lost a game im so happy!!" without it being yourself for the sake of finding someone, because ill give youa hint you wont.


getting mad over forum posts is a new low

just when I thought getting mad at video games was bad, lol.

such a cute troll kek kek
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Setev
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Malaysia390 Posts
May 08 2010 19:51 GMT
#104
To ghosthunter, I didn't mean to say anything bad about you, just that I feel that people should ALWAYS maintain game etiquette, even after suffering the most humiliating loss. Good luck to your zerg play btw.
I'm the King Of Nerds
Steamboatlol
Profile Joined April 2010
United States161 Posts
May 08 2010 21:04 GMT
#105
On May 09 2010 03:34 DrSmoke wrote:
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

-Edison

Just because you lose a game (any game) or don't succeed at first is not a failure, or even a bad thing.

This is a key tenant of science, you cannot find what works, without finding what does not.

If you approach every match "afraid to lose" than your play will stagnate from fear of trying new things. This is not the way to do anything, let alone SC.


Funny because I actually work in science and this is the attitude I bring to science. It's wierd how I can spend 5 hours in a windowless room only to see the thing I've been working on fail at the absolute moment of truth and just shrug it off. But when I lose in starcraft it feels like I'm being slowly strangled.
Mnijykmirl
Profile Joined February 2010
United States299 Posts
May 08 2010 21:09 GMT
#106
I type out gg.
Being polite helps me get over my loss, keep perspective on the game, and preps me to tackle the reason why I lost. Keeping myself humble.
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8194 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-08 21:16:25
May 08 2010 21:14 GMT
#107
I usually laugh or giggle when I lose for stupid reason. A little bit of distance and irony towards yourself and the game helps not to take all of this too seriously.

I remember that in my first month on BW, I was shacking in every duel.

Starcraft is fun, but it's not your life. There are worse things than sucking at a video game. I mean, I hope for you unless you are a pro-gamer.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
May 08 2010 21:14 GMT
#108
you invest a lot of yourself into every game of starcraft, both physically and mentally so it's very humbling when you lose despite how brilliant and fast you fancy yourself. if you are not used to brutal, instant feedback (win/loss) it can be a huge shock to the ego. this is why rts players are so incredibly prone to blaming 'cheese' and imbalance! it's a defense mechanism that you have to learn to resist.
Moderatorsloppy little slug
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
May 08 2010 21:17 GMT
#109
On May 09 2010 04:45 Mentat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2010 03:31 arb wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:22 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:08 Steamboatlol wrote:
On May 09 2010 00:53 Mentat wrote:
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.


I may get angry at starcraft, but I don't get angry at trolls. I think trolls are qt's.


I'm a troll now because I'm stating the obvious truth ?

mkay, sure. You keep thinking that, lol.

no youre a fucking retarded troll, everyone gets mad at losing not just at starcraft in general. find me someone who says "oh look i lost a game im so happy!!" without it being yourself for the sake of finding someone, because ill give youa hint you wont.


getting mad over forum posts is a new low

just when I thought getting mad at video games was bad, lol.


banhammer of total annihilation please...
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
May 08 2010 21:18 GMT
#110
Perhaps Artosis should have a look at this topic.
connoisseur
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8194 Posts
May 08 2010 21:21 GMT
#111
On May 09 2010 06:17 heishe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2010 04:45 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 03:31 arb wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:22 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:08 Steamboatlol wrote:
On May 09 2010 00:53 Mentat wrote:
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.


I may get angry at starcraft, but I don't get angry at trolls. I think trolls are qt's.


I'm a troll now because I'm stating the obvious truth ?

mkay, sure. You keep thinking that, lol.

no youre a fucking retarded troll, everyone gets mad at losing not just at starcraft in general. find me someone who says "oh look i lost a game im so happy!!" without it being yourself for the sake of finding someone, because ill give youa hint you wont.


getting mad over forum posts is a new low

just when I thought getting mad at video games was bad, lol.


banhammer of total annihilation please...

I don't think he should be banned. It's hard to admit but in a way he is right, raging at a video game or even in a forum discussion is childish and a bit ridiculous, even if it's human and it happened to all of us.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
Papvin
Profile Joined May 2009
Denmark612 Posts
May 08 2010 21:41 GMT
#112
On May 09 2010 06 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              09 2010 06      end_of_the_skype_highlighting:21 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2010 06:17 heishe wrote:
On May 09 2010 04:45 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 03:31 arb wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:22 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:08 Steamboatlol wrote:
On May 09 2010 00:53 Mentat wrote:
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.


I may get angry at starcraft, but I don't get angry at trolls. I think trolls are qt's.


I'm a troll now because I'm stating the obvious truth ?

mkay, sure. You keep thinking that, lol.

no youre a fucking retarded troll, everyone gets mad at losing not just at starcraft in general. find me someone who says "oh look i lost a game im so happy!!" without it being yourself for the sake of finding someone, because ill give youa hint you wont.


getting mad over forum posts is a new low

just when I thought getting mad at video games was bad, lol.


banhammer of total annihilation please...

I don't think he should be banned. It's hard to admit but in a way he is right, raging at a video game or even in a forum discussion is childish and a bit ridiculous, even if it's human and it happened to all of us.

Unless you think raging over anything is ridiculous (which can be true in theory), I think you are quite wrong. If you care for something like starcraft and want to be good at it, it's so natural to rage when things doesn't go your way. I'm not saying you should just embrace the rage and crash your keyboard and monitor every time you get cheesed, but I'm saying that you thinking people are silly raging "just cause it's a videogame", you should be agree that it's silly to rage at any interest you have. Which I don't think you'd agree on.
"It's criminally negligent to dismiss Rock's contributions to other people's careers", Dukethegold
Mentat
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada74 Posts
May 08 2010 21:47 GMT
#113
On May 09 2010 06:41 Papvin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2010 06 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              09 2010 06      end_of_the_skype_highlighting:21 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On May 09 2010 06:17 heishe wrote:
On May 09 2010 04:45 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 03:31 arb wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:22 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:08 Steamboatlol wrote:
On May 09 2010 00:53 Mentat wrote:
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.


I may get angry at starcraft, but I don't get angry at trolls. I think trolls are qt's.


I'm a troll now because I'm stating the obvious truth ?

mkay, sure. You keep thinking that, lol.

no youre a fucking retarded troll, everyone gets mad at losing not just at starcraft in general. find me someone who says "oh look i lost a game im so happy!!" without it being yourself for the sake of finding someone, because ill give youa hint you wont.


getting mad over forum posts is a new low

just when I thought getting mad at video games was bad, lol.


banhammer of total annihilation please...

I don't think he should be banned. It's hard to admit but in a way he is right, raging at a video game or even in a forum discussion is childish and a bit ridiculous, even if it's human and it happened to all of us.

Unless you think raging over anything is ridiculous (which can be true in theory), I think you are quite wrong. If you care for something like starcraft and want to be good at it, it's so natural to rage when things doesn't go your way. I'm not saying you should just embrace the rage and crash your keyboard and monitor every time you get cheesed, but I'm saying that you thinking people are silly raging "just cause it's a videogame", you should be agree that it's silly to rage at any interest you have. Which I don't think you'd agree on.


there's nothing natural about getting angry and "raging" over something you play to have fun. What we have there is life without moderation. The problem arises when one takes games so seriously that it affects their emotional health.

once again, people who get angry over video games have issues greater than their inability to play the game, which is only a symptom of their anger.

argue against this, use unsolicited references to try and justify your position. Either way you're failing to acknowledge that you have a problem.
Fumi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
529 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-08 22:10:36
May 08 2010 22:09 GMT
#114
On May 09 2010 06:47 Mentat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2010 06:41 Papvin wrote:
On May 09 2010 06 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              09 2010 06      end_of_the_skype_highlighting:21 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On May 09 2010 06:17 heishe wrote:
On May 09 2010 04:45 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 03:31 arb wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:22 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:08 Steamboatlol wrote:
On May 09 2010 00:53 Mentat wrote:
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.


I may get angry at starcraft, but I don't get angry at trolls. I think trolls are qt's.


I'm a troll now because I'm stating the obvious truth ?

mkay, sure. You keep thinking that, lol.

no youre a fucking retarded troll, everyone gets mad at losing not just at starcraft in general. find me someone who says "oh look i lost a game im so happy!!" without it being yourself for the sake of finding someone, because ill give youa hint you wont.


getting mad over forum posts is a new low

just when I thought getting mad at video games was bad, lol.


banhammer of total annihilation please...

I don't think he should be banned. It's hard to admit but in a way he is right, raging at a video game or even in a forum discussion is childish and a bit ridiculous, even if it's human and it happened to all of us.

Unless you think raging over anything is ridiculous (which can be true in theory), I think you are quite wrong. If you care for something like starcraft and want to be good at it, it's so natural to rage when things doesn't go your way. I'm not saying you should just embrace the rage and crash your keyboard and monitor every time you get cheesed, but I'm saying that you thinking people are silly raging "just cause it's a videogame", you should be agree that it's silly to rage at any interest you have. Which I don't think you'd agree on.


there's nothing natural about getting angry and "raging" over something you play to have fun. What we have there is life without moderation. The problem arises when one takes games so seriously that it affects their emotional health.

once again, people who get angry over video games have issues greater than their inability to play the game, which is only a symptom of their anger.

argue against this, use unsolicited references to try and justify your position. Either way you're failing to acknowledge that you have a problem.

You don't seem to understand people aren't like you. You fail to see some people here are in not only for the fun, but also for the competition. People don't get angry at the videogame, they get angry because of the competition. I don't get angry myself because I'm bad at the game, and I don't have any interest in playing the game seriously, so it's only natural that I don't care as much about my losses. It's not a problem, it's different reasons to play the game. You shouldn't take your own feelings and opinions as the standard.
Flash, Stats, Reach, Tossgirl <> Boxer, Nestea, MC, Foxer fangirl | http://osu.ppy.sh/u/181432
Mentat
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada74 Posts
May 08 2010 22:31 GMT
#115
On May 09 2010 07:09 Fumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2010 06:47 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 06:41 Papvin wrote:
On May 09 2010 06 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              09 2010 06      end_of_the_skype_highlighting:21 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On May 09 2010 06:17 heishe wrote:
On May 09 2010 04:45 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 03:31 arb wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:22 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:08 Steamboatlol wrote:
On May 09 2010 00:53 Mentat wrote:
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.


I may get angry at starcraft, but I don't get angry at trolls. I think trolls are qt's.


I'm a troll now because I'm stating the obvious truth ?

mkay, sure. You keep thinking that, lol.

no youre a fucking retarded troll, everyone gets mad at losing not just at starcraft in general. find me someone who says "oh look i lost a game im so happy!!" without it being yourself for the sake of finding someone, because ill give youa hint you wont.


getting mad over forum posts is a new low

just when I thought getting mad at video games was bad, lol.


banhammer of total annihilation please...

I don't think he should be banned. It's hard to admit but in a way he is right, raging at a video game or even in a forum discussion is childish and a bit ridiculous, even if it's human and it happened to all of us.

Unless you think raging over anything is ridiculous (which can be true in theory), I think you are quite wrong. If you care for something like starcraft and want to be good at it, it's so natural to rage when things doesn't go your way. I'm not saying you should just embrace the rage and crash your keyboard and monitor every time you get cheesed, but I'm saying that you thinking people are silly raging "just cause it's a videogame", you should be agree that it's silly to rage at any interest you have. Which I don't think you'd agree on.


there's nothing natural about getting angry and "raging" over something you play to have fun. What we have there is life without moderation. The problem arises when one takes games so seriously that it affects their emotional health.

once again, people who get angry over video games have issues greater than their inability to play the game, which is only a symptom of their anger.

argue against this, use unsolicited references to try and justify your position. Either way you're failing to acknowledge that you have a problem.

You don't seem to understand people aren't like you. You fail to see some people here are in not only for the fun, but also for the competition. People don't get angry at the videogame, they get angry because of the competition. I don't get angry myself because I'm bad at the game, and I don't have any interest in playing the game seriously, so it's only natural that I don't care as much about my losses. It's not a problem, it's different reasons to play the game. You shouldn't take your own feelings and opinions as the standard.


by your logic it's equally as appropriate to become enraged when watching starcraft replays and tournament streams.

Sorry but no.
BADSMCGEE
Profile Joined March 2010
United States94 Posts
May 08 2010 22:31 GMT
#116
my secret is to leave my house on occasion
Sephy90
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1785 Posts
May 08 2010 22:38 GMT
#117
i've learned to actually get less mad more often now in general. usually there really is no point whatsoever to get mad, it's just a waste of your own emotion. now, saying this doesn't mean i don't get mad when i lose, i just get "less" mad when i do haha. the only thing that i can think of now is to prepare yourself because YOU WILL LOSE GAMES!
"So I turned the lights off at night and practiced by myself"
Chronopolis
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1484 Posts
May 08 2010 22:39 GMT
#118
On May 08 2010 19:24 DennizR wrote:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6708513


Day9 has some tips for you


lol that therapy can cure ANYONE!
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
May 08 2010 23:28 GMT
#119
On May 09 2010 06:47 Mentat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2010 06:41 Papvin wrote:
On May 09 2010 06 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              09 2010 06      end_of_the_skype_highlighting:21 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On May 09 2010 06:17 heishe wrote:
On May 09 2010 04:45 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 03:31 arb wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:22 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:08 Steamboatlol wrote:
On May 09 2010 00:53 Mentat wrote:
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.


I may get angry at starcraft, but I don't get angry at trolls. I think trolls are qt's.


I'm a troll now because I'm stating the obvious truth ?

mkay, sure. You keep thinking that, lol.

no youre a fucking retarded troll, everyone gets mad at losing not just at starcraft in general. find me someone who says "oh look i lost a game im so happy!!" without it being yourself for the sake of finding someone, because ill give youa hint you wont.


getting mad over forum posts is a new low

just when I thought getting mad at video games was bad, lol.


banhammer of total annihilation please...

I don't think he should be banned. It's hard to admit but in a way he is right, raging at a video game or even in a forum discussion is childish and a bit ridiculous, even if it's human and it happened to all of us.

Unless you think raging over anything is ridiculous (which can be true in theory), I think you are quite wrong. If you care for something like starcraft and want to be good at it, it's so natural to rage when things doesn't go your way. I'm not saying you should just embrace the rage and crash your keyboard and monitor every time you get cheesed, but I'm saying that you thinking people are silly raging "just cause it's a videogame", you should be agree that it's silly to rage at any interest you have. Which I don't think you'd agree on.


there's nothing natural about getting angry and "raging" over something you play to have fun. What we have there is life without moderation. The problem arises when one takes games so seriously that it affects their emotional health.

once again, people who get angry over video games have issues greater than their inability to play the game, which is only a symptom of their anger.

argue against this, use unsolicited references to try and justify your position. Either way you're failing to acknowledge that you have a problem.


While you do have a problem when rageing, it isn't due to what you describe. Would you say that the elite athletes who cry after having lost a match are also having a mental problem? Or those who slam a wall in the locker room? Sure some bottle it up, but EVERYONE get these feelings where they just have to get away and can't handle taking question/talking about their sport. If they didn't act like that they wouldn't be elite athletes because they wouldn't be competetive enough, BUT equally, if they didn't move on, they wouldn't improve either.

My point? It is fine to feel angry, heck it is natural if you are in any way competetive (not the swarmlike rage known from WoW), but you should also learn yourself to let it go so that it doesn't interfere with your game.

But how do you do that?
A) Saying "it's just a game" might work for some, personally it doesn't, not when I play SC, not when I play badminton.
B) Realise that if you want to play up to your max, you have to calm yourself as you play better that way
C) Take it out on an absurd imaginary thing. My badmintoncoach taught me, before I participated in my first major tournament that the best way to psych an opponent is to stay calm no matter what happens. Then you can take it out afterwards by biting the lockerroom door. And this is where the imaginary thing comes in. The thought of a door with bitemarks all over always seemed so hilarious to me that I simply couldn't get/stay angry.

So to sum up, don't get angry at yourself for getting angry - it's natural if you are a die-hard competitor, instead accept it, channel it (sounds idiotic I know, but it can actually be used to get more in "the zone" during a game (i.e. I get pissed when I see 6-rax reaper, so I promise myself that he won't kill more than 2 of my workers) and then move on when.

This is obviously all speaking from my own experience, and obviously I use a mix of the 3, A mostly for when I'm nervous and in the sense "I'll just play like it was a training match", B and C for actually "bad loser" issues. I can't guarentee that it'll work for everyone, but having talked with some of our national badmintonplayers it seems like the "happy-place" (C) is pretty common.
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8194 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-08 23:49:41
May 08 2010 23:47 GMT
#120
On May 09 2010 06:41 Papvin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2010 06 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              09 2010 06      end_of_the_skype_highlighting:21 Biff The Understudy wrote:
On May 09 2010 06:17 heishe wrote:
On May 09 2010 04:45 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 03:31 arb wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:22 Mentat wrote:
On May 09 2010 01:08 Steamboatlol wrote:
On May 09 2010 00:53 Mentat wrote:
Getting angry while playing video games

lol

you have bigger problems than just being bad at the game.


I may get angry at starcraft, but I don't get angry at trolls. I think trolls are qt's.


I'm a troll now because I'm stating the obvious truth ?

mkay, sure. You keep thinking that, lol.

no youre a fucking retarded troll, everyone gets mad at losing not just at starcraft in general. find me someone who says "oh look i lost a game im so happy!!" without it being yourself for the sake of finding someone, because ill give youa hint you wont.


getting mad over forum posts is a new low

just when I thought getting mad at video games was bad, lol.


banhammer of total annihilation please...

I don't think he should be banned. It's hard to admit but in a way he is right, raging at a video game or even in a forum discussion is childish and a bit ridiculous, even if it's human and it happened to all of us.

Unless you think raging over anything is ridiculous (which can be true in theory), I think you are quite wrong. If you care for something like starcraft and want to be good at it, it's so natural to rage when things doesn't go your way. I'm not saying you should just embrace the rage and crash your keyboard and monitor every time you get cheesed, but I'm saying that you thinking people are silly raging "just cause it's a videogame", you should be agree that it's silly to rage at any interest you have. Which I don't think you'd agree on.

Yes yes yes, obviously, it's ridiculous to rage on anything.

Point is, I think people rage at Starcraft because it is an ego issue to them. If they lose or win means something. That's what I find a little silly. Even if you really like Starcraft and spend a lot of time playing, it is such an unsignificant thing to win or lose a game compare to soooo many things in life.

So raging because you girlfriend has slept with your best friend is somehow more understandable than breaking your keyboard because you couldn't do anything about that dt.

Obviously all this doesn't apply to people who really play starcraft very competitively such as top foreigners and pro-gamers, who have more interest involved than their pride or their ego.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE143
Nina 118
Nathanias 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16303
White-Ra 355
Artosis 197
ToSsGirL 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever345
NeuroSwarm100
League of Legends
Doublelift3398
Counter-Strike
fl0m1327
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox468
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1906
Liquid`Hasu1368
Trikslyr53
Other Games
summit1g6330
Grubby3387
ArmadaUGS1286
shahzam550
C9.Mang0237
JimRising 213
ZombieGrub51
Mew2King45
Railgan21
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 38
• davetesta21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1095
• Scarra1014
• Shiphtur265
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 47m
OSC
14h 47m
Stellar Fest
14h 47m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.