• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:23
CEST 20:23
KST 03:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10388 users

Anger after losses - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
May 08 2010 13:21 GMT
#41
I'm angriest when I lost to something I know that I should've scouted and could've defended easily, but I feel depressed when I lost a game that I should've won.
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
ymirheim
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden300 Posts
May 08 2010 13:23 GMT
#42
On May 08 2010 22:15 Knap4life wrote:
Looking at this post and i know that i dont have the problem with my rage control. My problem is that i dont even dare to play ladder matches because i am to scared , to be honest i dont really know why maybe its because you play against an unknown player and since people are known to fear the unknown i think its understandable.


But if i dare to do a ladder match i feel so intense feeling like i am playing against a god of rts and i start to become paranoid so much about what hes going to do when i am not scouting.

i have no clue how to really remove my fear in ladder matches ;s .

Oh my friends are just like this too which is a real problem for me
They don't want to play starcraft, warcraft 3 or starcraft 2 against other people at all, not on the internet and not on lan because they don't want to loose. They just want to play against the computer. The solution is actually simple I just cannot convince them to give it a shot. The solution is as in so many other situations to play a lot. You still get mad from loosing certain games ofcourse no matter how good you are, I think thats healthy. But the more games you play the less you start to "care" about loosing. Its just something natural that happens and you can focus on calmly figuring out why.
The only thing you should feel when you shoot someone... is the recoil
Back
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada505 Posts
May 08 2010 13:24 GMT
#43
Have you tried losing on purpose? This is the beta after all. Technically your ranking doesn't really matter. Next time you're playing a game where you are sure to win, try your hardest to lose. Might put everything in perspective.
hoovehand
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom542 Posts
May 08 2010 13:25 GMT
#44
ragequit and then watch some porn and beat one out.
Champi
Profile Joined March 2010
1422 Posts
May 08 2010 13:37 GMT
#45
Yeah like some people have mention, a good thing to do is watch the replay and see what the opponent did, and watch for whatever u were doing at that time, it helps to understand what you could have been doing differently, and its a good way to learn and get better, because you're less likely to get beaten by the same thing twice.
Papillon
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany131 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-08 13:43:35
May 08 2010 13:41 GMT
#46
shit happens sometimes you loose
this even can happen when you thought you had the game or you might be on par but your opponent had the better playstyle
however mostly skill decides so you shouldnt be too angry when loosing
lowlypawn
Profile Joined January 2009
United States241 Posts
May 08 2010 13:48 GMT
#47
One day I got so pissed at WC3 I put the CD in the microwave…

Two months later I re-bought WC3 again and have since learned to not get that angry. Don’t get me wrong, I still get annoyed right after a loss but now that only lasts for maybe 15 seconds tops. I get up grab a glass of water and by the time I get back to the computer I’ve already completely forgotten about the loss.

The funny thing is the wins are never satisfying enough, I can win 3 in a row and I still want more. But one loss wipes out all my wins for the day. I think that’s just the way the human brain is wired, we remember the bad much better then the good.

The last advice that helps is always type “GG” and then F10-S. Even if you are steaming mad because you fell for some lame cheese strategy, the fact you were able to maintain game etiquette will make you immediately feel better.
lowlypawn
Profile Joined January 2009
United States241 Posts
May 08 2010 13:53 GMT
#48
On May 08 2010 22:24 Back wrote:
Have you tried losing on purpose? This is the beta after all. Technically your ranking doesn't really matter. Next time you're playing a game where you are sure to win, try your hardest to lose. Might put everything in perspective.


I just wanted to quote this because this is really good advice.
stroggos
Profile Joined February 2009
New Zealand1543 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-08 13:59:25
May 08 2010 13:58 GMT
#49
i never get mad when i lose at starcraft, however when i play poker and have a -25buy in swing over a couple days i will get really fucking mad
hi
Zeht
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1 Post
May 08 2010 14:02 GMT
#50
On May 08 2010 22:15 Knap4life wrote:
Looking at this post and i know that i dont have the problem with my rage control. My problem is that i dont even dare to play ladder matches because i am to scared , to be honest i dont really know why maybe its because you play against an unknown player and since people are known to fear the unknown i think its understandable.


But if i dare to do a ladder match i feel so intense feeling like i am playing against a god of rts and i start to become paranoid so much about what hes going to do when i am not scouting.

i have no clue how to really remove my fear in ladder matches ;s .


i have sort of the same issue. I'm a really calm person but pretty competitive. I hardly ever rage. I have some really bad anxiety problems irl and it seems to transfer over to some games. just thinking about laddering i will get physically nauseous and stressed out. Getting nauseous at the start of every game is just not a good feeling.. once im settled into the game its not so bad, but it picks right back up at or near the end of a match.

Sc2 Ladder, havent even played my placement matches, I play with friends and its not as bad

WoW Pug Raids and Arena. Raids with my guild i have no problems. BG's and LFD are also no problem. But Pug raids and doing arena give me so much anxiety i just avoid them altogether much like sc2 ladder. and before LFD i would avoid pug heriocs.

FPS I can play with no problems... but this is also the genre im best at so i have a lot of faith in my abilities

I know some of this maybe silly to others. it's even silly to me. so im on a mission to find out how to conquer my sc2 anxiety! and use that experience to help overcome other anxiety related issues. we'll see..
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
May 08 2010 14:03 GMT
#51
I get like that when I lose several times to cheese. It's something you just need to let out once in a while, but don't let it get to you so much. Go do something else for a while (Like Day9 says) and clear it out and go back to playing if you really feel like it.

There are plenty of other things that you can do to release the energy than be angry. :x I try to watch something; anything that makes me forget about it for a while. Then talk to my friends about how silly that cheese was or something.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
May 08 2010 14:09 GMT
#52
On May 08 2010 21:40 Demand2k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2010 19:29 SmoKim wrote:
On May 08 2010 19:15 Steamboatlol wrote: Now I've played FPS games for quite some time but I've always taken losses in stride there and kept on playing.


Suprising for me to hear that if you get angry over RTS, if i personally are getting angry(more or less never have) its always in either a intense FPS game or some DotA-like team work game. I can't get angry in and RTS because im all on my own, unlike the team play

not really sure what to suggest


I really don't believe this, unless there's a condition causing it.


??? Of course there's a condition causing it. It's easier to get mad when you have someone to blame for your loss, ESPECIALLY in public games without friends.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
cartoon]x
Profile Joined March 2010
United States606 Posts
May 08 2010 14:16 GMT
#53
those emotions are the things that drive good players to get better and eventually dominate. Just make sure to keep your head and try to meticulously analyze the places that you messed up.
It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.
Steamboatlol
Profile Joined April 2010
United States161 Posts
May 08 2010 14:20 GMT
#54
On May 08 2010 23:09 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2010 21:40 Demand2k wrote:
On May 08 2010 19:29 SmoKim wrote:
On May 08 2010 19:15 Steamboatlol wrote: Now I've played FPS games for quite some time but I've always taken losses in stride there and kept on playing.


Suprising for me to hear that if you get angry over RTS, if i personally are getting angry(more or less never have) its always in either a intense FPS game or some DotA-like team work game. I can't get angry in and RTS because im all on my own, unlike the team play

not really sure what to suggest


I really don't believe this, unless there's a condition causing it.


??? Of course there's a condition causing it. It's easier to get mad when you have someone to blame for your loss, ESPECIALLY in public games without friends.


I disagree, I think the reason I take SC losses harder is first of all, it's longer. At any time in an FPS either me or my opponent can just pop eachother in the head. SC games can be quite long and when you're losing you just have to watch all your units explode while you're going nonono. In an FPS sometime's you'll die and just be like hmm nice shot or the guy gets a lucky spray/spam. in SC your loss directly stems from a series or maybe just one choice that you made that was just flat out wrong. Its just more mentally draining.
MercerX
Profile Joined December 2009
United States32 Posts
May 08 2010 14:22 GMT
#55
Ya this happens when you first start playing games competivively. It's different than anything else. Transcedence above the rage doesn't come easily or quickly.
E-Harmony : We make ugly babies
Sensator
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia377 Posts
May 08 2010 14:23 GMT
#56
I get the same feeling as the OP after losses. I play Zerg an at the moment TvZ and PvZ matchups are extremely hard for the Zerg. It's not so much that I don't know what I did wrong it's just that I don't know how to win. Like Phoenix spam into Zealots, somehow I spam hydras into roaches whilst getting ridiculously low larva count due to no queen? And TvZ, somehow I go mutas into banelings to beat massive deathballs on 1 base because of helion + marauder rush?

I'm pretty crap but it's those sort of things that piss me off the most. If Zerg doesn't get buffed soon I think I might switch races, it's bad for my health the amount of anger I gain from losing to ludicrous shit.
TwilightStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States649 Posts
May 08 2010 14:32 GMT
#57
I have this problem too. If I get a little too angry (losing a few games in succession), I go play chess... I never rage on that!
(5)Twilight Star.scx --------- AdmiralHoth: There was one week when I didn't shave for a month.
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-08 15:25:28
May 08 2010 15:23 GMT
#58
On May 08 2010 22:15 Knap4life wrote:
Looking at this post and i know that i dont have the problem with my rage control. My problem is that i dont even dare to play ladder matches because i am to scared , to be honest i dont really know why maybe its because you play against an unknown player and since people are known to fear the unknown i think its understandable.


But if i dare to do a ladder match i feel so intense feeling like i am playing against a god of rts and i start to become paranoid so much about what hes going to do when i am not scouting.

i have no clue how to really remove my fear in ladder matches ;s .

i know what this feels like, and to get over it i recommend that for your first 3 ladder games, 5pool (or in sc2 it's 8pool) and just watch how human your opponents are as they scramble to react. you don't even have to win, just seeing them panic and have to micro really hard makes you realize it's just another newbie nerd sitting on the other end!

and it sounds dumb but yeah ALWAYS saying gg at the end at least for me helps a lot when i'm annoyed at a loss. it gives you a sense of 'well that's over with', instead of the usual AIJSGOIAS DFHDSFASHFAHOIAJ
Moderatorsloppy little slug
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
May 08 2010 15:31 GMT
#59
On May 08 2010 19:15 Steamboatlol wrote:
Anyways my question is how do you guys keep from raging after losses (note: I'm not bad mannered to other players just sort of hard on myself)? I mean I try to take a lesson away from each loss but I just get so damn mad and it's stressful.


Be really careful with that. You dont wanna end up being like Idra. Im not kidding.
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
pyr0ma5ta
Profile Joined May 2010
United States458 Posts
May 08 2010 15:33 GMT
#60
Embrace the rage. It will make you a better player. The madder you are at losing, the less likely you are to continue losing. Just don't lose sight of the goal and tilt.
"I made you a zergling, but I eated it." - Defiler
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 733
SteadfastSC486
IntoTheiNu 466
EnkiAlexander 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 486
UpATreeSC 160
BRAT_OK 56
JuggernautJason44
PtitDrogo 42
MindelVK 21
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35271
Soulkey 300
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 114
Liquid`Ret 68
Mind 43
Killer 34
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 20
Dota 2
Dendi1053
qojqva868
Counter-Strike
fl0m1135
Fnx 755
shoxiejesuss386
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2655
Khaldor1784
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
Grubby3557
ArmadaUGS1596
ceh9579
B2W.Neo500
byalli427
KnowMe153
C9.Mang0146
QueenE94
Chillindude52
Trikslyr47
Railgan22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• blackmanpl 18
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade960
Other Games
• imaqtpie984
• Scarra370
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 37m
OSC
18h 37m
Stellar Fest
18h 37m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.