• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:28
CEST 18:28
KST 01:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9455 users

Anger after losses - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
May 08 2010 11:20 GMT
#21
I just pent up my frustration and take it out after a few loses by building 2 gateways in the other guy's base.
Snowfield
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1289 Posts
May 08 2010 11:22 GMT
#22
You need a healthy amount of spine crawlers to beat the MMM ball timing push
Steamboatlol
Profile Joined April 2010
United States161 Posts
May 08 2010 11:26 GMT
#23
oh man I totally know what that guy meant who said it's tempting to cheese after a couple losses, or when you lose to a build that just feels impossible to beat so you're just like fuck it early 2 gate zealot aggression. To be honest my win/loss ratio isn't bad I'm something like 61/49, but when I lose 2 games in a row I get soooo mad. I think the hardest losses to take are the one's where you had the game but made a single stupid decision or mistake. It's just like, I know whats done is done and I know I won't do it again, but that loss just stings really hard.

(ex. in PVZ I scout that I can easily mow him down when I have like 3 immortals + a decent ground force and he has roaches and a few speedlings, after I push out the speed lings zip by me I take out as many as I can but they proceed to rape my mineral line and I end up losing)
Tiwo
Profile Joined March 2009
Netherlands306 Posts
May 08 2010 11:30 GMT
#24
Lucky I never rage
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
May 08 2010 11:34 GMT
#25
I always rage :[
even when I play my worst race.
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
MarGeta
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden18 Posts
May 08 2010 11:46 GMT
#26
I don't rage as much playing sc now days I usually just get really gloomy, I rage superhard while playing fighting games tho.
You're nothing but stuffed toys!
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
May 08 2010 11:49 GMT
#27
When i'm feeling angry after a loss, i usually use that force to watch the replay thinking "I'll never lose to that shit again !"
If the loss came from poor mechanics from me, then i have to take a break.
Like in poker, don't play when you are on TILT
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
May 08 2010 11:53 GMT
#28
On May 08 2010 20:46 MarGeta wrote:
I don't rage as much playing sc now days I usually just get really gloomy, I rage superhard while playing fighting games tho.


I raged hard trying to beat Seth in SF IV ;O
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
MorroW
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden3522 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-08 11:58:41
May 08 2010 11:57 GMT
#29
its all about mind set
if u manage to change it u will never be angry after a loss again, other feelings will come but anger is not 1 of them. and if u manage to do this ur improvement will skyrocket, trust me on that one )

there r always great temporary solutions like take a few deep breaths or take a break but inside u will be angry even if u dont punch things.

eventually the more u lose u will slowly learn that its something u must lose to keep playing, else its not healthy to play at all imo
Progamerpls no copy pasterino
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
May 08 2010 12:26 GMT
#30
On May 08 2010 19:15 Steamboatlol wrote:Anyways my question is how do you guys keep from raging after losses (note: I'm not bad mannered to other players just sort of hard on myself)? I mean I try to take a lesson away from each loss but I just get so damn mad and it's stressful.
Even if I had a really dumb loss, even if I feel the other one just won because he was lucky I type GG before I leave the game.

It's a kind of mental attitude to be mannered no matter what.

It's fun to have some emotion in it: If I win a tight game, I really scream "Yesss! YES!!!" If I loose a game which I should have won, typing "GG" calms me somewhat down already.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
SirGlinG
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden933 Posts
May 08 2010 12:32 GMT
#31
Some of the answers here was right in many ways. Of course you need to deal with it, be able to stay calm enough to not stab the screen with your keyboard.

But remember this. It's a natural feeling, when you've lost and feel dissapointed in yourself for not performing at your peak then it's simply the way it is. Now is the time to do something constructive of it, try to learn from your mistakes if you want to improve.

It's a simple thought but the function behind it all.
If you didn't play as good as you can.
- What made you play bad?
Are you tired?
Is there something on your mind?
Was your opponent simply better than you?
(if so then there's nothing you could have done, and nothing to be mad at)

There's always a logic in what we can do and can not. Why should I be angry with myself for failing to climb mount everest if I'm struggling with a small hill? Implement this thinking after a loss, it'll hopefully ease your rage if it's uncalled for and perhaps you can just laugh at it.

Enjoy your victories, learn from your losses. Allow yourself to be human and feel what you feel. but don't take it out on others who don't deserve it or yourself as a person.
Not my chair. Not my problem. That's what I say
RRated
Profile Joined May 2010
United States18 Posts
May 08 2010 12:32 GMT
#32
A loss feels bad to me when I missed something obvious, so I usually repeat whatever it was I think did me in to myself and possibly to my opponent after saying GG. Like "well, I guess I didn't prepare for that enough" or "I should have scouted that, nice job." Even while I'm thinking to myself "I would have steamrolled him if I had just..."

Oh, does anyone else think the matching system often tells you your opponent is slightly favored even when he isn't? Sort of like a placebo to make you think you're doing better than you are. I got to 5th in my platinum league and I can't ever recall seeing myself even slightly favored.
ghosthunter
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States414 Posts
May 08 2010 12:38 GMT
#33
Honestly, if I get angry I can't play anymore, that's pretty much why I let a little bit of my rage out before quitting, so I can just watch my replay and queue up again. I don't think rage is unhealthy at all, so long as you let it out in appropriate ways.

Now, if I ever actually competed in a tournament or something, I'd opt to not be a doucehbag. But currently just laddering up and down, I think we all can understand each others feelings and that it's nothing personal.
Demand2k
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Norway875 Posts
May 08 2010 12:40 GMT
#34
On May 08 2010 19:29 SmoKim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2010 19:15 Steamboatlol wrote: Now I've played FPS games for quite some time but I've always taken losses in stride there and kept on playing.


Suprising for me to hear that if you get angry over RTS, if i personally are getting angry(more or less never have) its always in either a intense FPS game or some DotA-like team work game. I can't get angry in and RTS because im all on my own, unlike the team play

not really sure what to suggest


I really don't believe this, unless there's a condition causing it.
SiNiquity
Profile Joined April 2010
United States734 Posts
May 08 2010 12:54 GMT
#35
On May 08 2010 20:01 SVN-ShaS wrote:
When you lose, just keep thinking "The more i lose, the more I improve"

And you just cant improve when u keeping raping noob ....


But what happens when you keep losing to noob?
'i' before 'e' except after 'c' ~ it's scientifically proven.
Schnake
Profile Joined September 2003
Germany2819 Posts
May 08 2010 13:03 GMT
#36
On May 08 2010 19:26 Tidesson wrote:
The rage comes when you fail to realize the reason why you lost. Believe it or not, theres always a reason. You can't expect to always win and losing is a core part of the game, when it happens the best thing you can do is go watch the replay and see why you lost. At that point is when you are really learning the game, as winning games will not teach you anything. When you learn how to make your losses constructive then you will start moving forward. Sometimes when you play for too long you will build up a lot of stress, its the nature of starcraft, as your senses will get saturated. When that happens just go take a break.

I am also angry when I know the reason why I lost.
"Alán Shore" and "August Terran" @ LoL EUW - liquidparty
bubusls
Profile Joined March 2010
Romania61 Posts
May 08 2010 13:12 GMT
#37
Hm, my biggest problem is the adrenaline rush before or at the beginning of the game, I just hate it, and it makes me play allot less on the ladder. I watched Day[9]'s vod and it's so true, he's absolutely right, the stress because of the unknown is really getting to me. It's like going into an exam, you're stressed before you take it, but after you set in, and start writing, you calm down and know what you need to do. I don't understand why I'm like that, I've played starcraft ever since it came out, I mostly played rts in my life so I can play competitively. I can beat all my friends, no problem, so that's why I play online, to get some competition. Plus in sc1 I always knew why I lost, sc2 is still a beta so I'm having trouble understanding how come 20 apm players have no trouble pushing against me and wining some times. But I don't hate losing, I'm really calm and content when I'm about to lose, but I'm just nervous about going into the game. Thought I was the only one, thanks DayNine.
Could I use the term " lings " to refer to ducklings ?
-Iron-
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany27 Posts
May 08 2010 13:13 GMT
#38
The more rage the more fun for stream watchers. So follow Idras example :D
Terran are the most volatile romp n' stomp habanero chili boomshakalaka slam dunk descendants from Spartan warriors while drinking blood of roman gladiators bad ass race out there. If you don't play Terran you can never call yourself a real man. - Mentat
Knap4life
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Slovenia333 Posts
May 08 2010 13:15 GMT
#39
Looking at this post and i know that i dont have the problem with my rage control. My problem is that i dont even dare to play ladder matches because i am to scared , to be honest i dont really know why maybe its because you play against an unknown player and since people are known to fear the unknown i think its understandable.


But if i dare to do a ladder match i feel so intense feeling like i am playing against a god of rts and i start to become paranoid so much about what hes going to do when i am not scouting.

i have no clue how to really remove my fear in ladder matches ;s .
bubusls
Profile Joined March 2010
Romania61 Posts
May 08 2010 13:20 GMT
#40
On May 08 2010 22:15 Knap4life wrote:
Looking at this post and i know that i dont have the problem with my rage control. My problem is that i dont even dare to play ladder matches because i am to scared , to be honest i dont really know why maybe its because you play against an unknown player and since people are known to fear the unknown i think its understandable.


But if i dare to do a ladder match i feel so intense feeling like i am playing against a god of rts and i start to become paranoid so much about what hes going to do when i am not scouting.

i have no clue how to really remove my fear in ladder matches ;s .


Yeah, like I said, same here. Plus, with all the frequent ladder resets, it discourages me to even try to climb the ladder at all.
Could I use the term " lings " to refer to ducklings ?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 32
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1101
Mini 932
Shuttle 825
Soma 596
actioN 492
Rush 354
Light 311
Larva 304
Stork 271
ggaemo 249
[ Show more ]
BeSt 236
Horang2 211
Snow 176
Dewaltoss 131
hero 129
firebathero 127
Barracks 76
Aegong 74
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 51
Sexy 36
Shinee 36
Sharp 34
Shine 31
JYJ 31
soO 25
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 23
sorry 16
zelot 16
Trap 14
Terrorterran 11
Rock 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8975
qojqva2109
Dendi866
420jenkins168
Counter-Strike
fl0m1323
Fnx 770
x6flipin643
edward59
pashabiceps3
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5604
Grubby1494
Other Games
singsing1399
B2W.Neo1002
byalli454
ceh9333
Mlord316
Khaldor260
Beastyqt210
DeMusliM197
ArmadaUGS166
Liquid`VortiX160
KnowMe132
Trikslyr51
BRAT_OK 40
Railgan16
TKL 9
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV260
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH250
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile123
• Reevou 2
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• blackmanpl 5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV411
League of Legends
• Nemesis2564
• TFBlade814
Other Games
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 33m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 33m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.