• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:29
CEST 11:29
KST 18:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8226 users

Latency [Tested] - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Jakalo
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Latvia2350 Posts
March 11 2010 22:04 GMT
#121
On March 12 2010 03:38 CowGoMoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2010 06:23 violett wrote:
i did a test on europe sc2 server with capture video method.

sc2(europe server) 110ms
bw(iccup) with lan latency 110ms
bw(europe server) without lan latency 420ms

i captured at 20 fps with camtasia on bnet/iccup vs computer, the single frames i watched with megui, i took the average of 5 actions.

I assumed this post was accurate.

Are people having lots of delay on the EU servers? Sounds like a lot of people on EU are not, which is good.


It is quite compareable to BW ICCUP latency actually.
Otherwise I have noticed freezes and fast forwards after that, but my internet connection isnt that great so thats probably the issue.
Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be.
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
March 11 2010 22:10 GMT
#122
Yupp, definantly seems like US servers got more latency, or its simply beacuse of the US connection being inferior to most european ones.

Just speculating though, but playing on europe is very low latency.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
PANSSY
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5 Posts
March 12 2010 06:19 GMT
#123
Well, I am currently in Sri Lanka, and the internet here is pretty shit. I am running on a 512 Kbps connection and I can play the game fairly well. I feel a bit of lag with some micro, but nothing absurd considering I am on the other side of the world with a bad connection. When talked with my friend in california (where I am originally from) him and I get about the same amount of lag.... strange....
Jarvs
Profile Joined December 2009
Australia639 Posts
March 12 2010 08:00 GMT
#124
On March 12 2010 15:19 PANSSY wrote:
Well, I am currently in Sri Lanka, and the internet here is pretty shit. I am running on a 512 Kbps connection and I can play the game fairly well. I feel a bit of lag with some micro, but nothing absurd considering I am on the other side of the world with a bad connection. When talked with my friend in california (where I am originally from) him and I get about the same amount of lag.... strange....


Unfortunately that is incredibly subjective when we're talking about fractions of a second. What is your actual ping to the sc2 server in ms? What is your friends?

Many members in the War3 Australian community have pointed out the delay to the US server being similar to that of the War3 Battle.net. Garena (similar program to Hamachi which implements LAN latency) has become completely essential for the Aus/NZ War3 community to even play competitively and SC2 seems far from the LAN latency experienced there.
Qiin
Profile Joined February 2010
Australia102 Posts
March 12 2010 08:13 GMT
#125
On March 12 2010 17:00 Jarvs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2010 15:19 PANSSY wrote:
Well, I am currently in Sri Lanka, and the internet here is pretty shit. I am running on a 512 Kbps connection and I can play the game fairly well. I feel a bit of lag with some micro, but nothing absurd considering I am on the other side of the world with a bad connection. When talked with my friend in california (where I am originally from) him and I get about the same amount of lag.... strange....


Unfortunately that is incredibly subjective when we're talking about fractions of a second. What is your actual ping to the sc2 server in ms? What is your friends?

Many members in the War3 Australian community have pointed out the delay to the US server being similar to that of the War3 Battle.net. Garena (similar program to Hamachi which implements LAN latency) has become completely essential for the Aus/NZ War3 community to even play competitively and SC2 seems far from the LAN latency experienced there.



Delay here in Aus for SC2 is very bad. If you are a subscriber to lowerping (www.lowerping.com) it helps a little.
Lets just hope that we do end up getting LAN latency by default
http://adeptguild.com/ - In the rear with the gear
Gandalf
Profile Joined August 2004
Pakistan1905 Posts
March 12 2010 11:47 GMT
#126
I'm playing from Pakistan and I would guess my latency is in the region of 1.5 to 2 seconds. Its basically quite a bit worse than extra high latency on bnet for SC1. On HoN, I ping around 200-220ms for European servers and 320-400ms for US servers, and both are very, very playable. On LoL (league of legends), I ping around 300ms for their European servers, and the game is perfectly playable. On SC1 I never had issues with lag, plus I could play on iccup with LAN lat turned on. When I did play iccup, I played some 2/2 games with an American friend of mine, if that matters.

If someone lets me know the IP/URL for the bnet servers to ping, I'll post my results here. I'm pretty sure I saw this information somewhere but I cant find it again.

And oh, I'm playing SC2 on the US servers. It sucks that I have access to the beta but can't really enjoy it, haha.
TyrantGuardian
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden76 Posts
March 12 2010 15:10 GMT
#127
Huh, I play from Sweden and I can confirm that there is definitely a noticable delay in the game. There is NO comparison to iCCup, which pretty much felt like playing Single Player in it's responsiveness. B.net 2.0 feels exactly like WC3 and BW did on b.net. I've ran network tests and there appears to be no issue with my connection at all, so either there's no server near Sweden yet or there's built-in latency like in b.net to improve stability.

If it's the latter, Blizzard REALLY needs to fix this if they are hoping for b.net 2 becoming a de facto competitive platform with proper tournaments and such. As many people have already stated - look at HoN and iCCup for awesome netcode.
FortuneSyn
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1826 Posts
March 12 2010 18:50 GMT
#128
On March 13 2010 00:10 TyrantGuardian wrote:
Huh, I play from Sweden and I can confirm that there is definitely a noticable delay in the game. There is NO comparison to iCCup, which pretty much felt like playing Single Player in it's responsiveness. B.net 2.0 feels exactly like WC3 and BW did on b.net. I've ran network tests and there appears to be no issue with my connection at all, so either there's no server near Sweden yet or there's built-in latency like in b.net to improve stability.

If it's the latter, Blizzard REALLY needs to fix this if they are hoping for b.net 2 becoming a de facto competitive platform with proper tournaments and such. As many people have already stated - look at HoN and iCCup for awesome netcode.


This.

Everyone needs to stop stating that EU has no problems with delay, because it does for many people.
Qiin
Profile Joined February 2010
Australia102 Posts
March 17 2010 14:11 GMT
#129
anyone feel a difference in latency since the servers came back up?
http://adeptguild.com/ - In the rear with the gear
Tray
Profile Joined March 2010
United States122 Posts
March 17 2010 14:22 GMT
#130
I don't get how this thread is still around. Does no one who plays video games have ANY concept of how lag works? Blizzard isn't lagging your computer. It simply has to do with the distance between your computer and the "Hub." They may, and I believe Blizzard has stated that they do put a minimum lag into the game to help balance this out so that people who live near the servers don't have a significant advantage over those who are further away, but this number is not going to be anywhere remotely close to 200-300ms. It's likely 110ms, which is still retardedly high for today's internet connections.

When playing Dota, as a listchecker host, most people I would play with would be around the southwest United States would ping to me at 15ms or lower. League of Legends put it a floor lag at I believe 60ms or maybe 100ms for this same reason. However, this level of lag is hardly noticable unless you're very used to playing on a LAN.

Anyway, likely what is happening is that lots of people have crappy connections or are very far from the region hub and simply don't understand how the internet works.
Qiin
Profile Joined February 2010
Australia102 Posts
March 17 2010 14:48 GMT
#131
On March 17 2010 23:22 Tray wrote:
I don't get how this thread is still around. Does no one who plays video games have ANY concept of how lag works? Blizzard isn't lagging your computer. It simply has to do with the distance between your computer and the "Hub." They may, and I believe Blizzard has stated that they do put a minimum lag into the game to help balance this out so that people who live near the servers don't have a significant advantage over those who are further away, but this number is not going to be anywhere remotely close to 200-300ms. It's likely 110ms, which is still retardedly high for today's internet connections.

When playing Dota, as a listchecker host, most people I would play with would be around the southwest United States would ping to me at 15ms or lower. League of Legends put it a floor lag at I believe 60ms or maybe 100ms for this same reason. However, this level of lag is hardly noticable unless you're very used to playing on a LAN.

Anyway, likely what is happening is that lots of people have crappy connections or are very far from the region hub and simply don't understand how the internet works.


Try playing HON or Starcraft on the Iccup servers and you will understand what we mean.
The minimum lag blizzard implemented in the game is 250ms not 110 which means your latency + 250.
http://adeptguild.com/ - In the rear with the gear
PokePill
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1048 Posts
March 17 2010 16:51 GMT
#132
On March 17 2010 23:22 Tray wrote:
I don't get how this thread is still around. Does no one who plays video games have ANY concept of how lag works? Blizzard isn't lagging your computer. It simply has to do with the distance between your computer and the "Hub." They may, and I believe Blizzard has stated that they do put a minimum lag into the game to help balance this out so that people who live near the servers don't have a significant advantage over those who are further away, but this number is not going to be anywhere remotely close to 200-300ms. It's likely 110ms, which is still retardedly high for today's internet connections.

When playing Dota, as a listchecker host, most people I would play with would be around the southwest United States would ping to me at 15ms or lower. League of Legends put it a floor lag at I believe 60ms or maybe 100ms for this same reason. However, this level of lag is hardly noticable unless you're very used to playing on a LAN.

Anyway, likely what is happening is that lots of people have crappy connections or are very far from the region hub and simply don't understand how the internet works.


You are misinformed.

The delay IS 250 ms or higher. Everyone here knows what latency is, the point is that Blizzard adds artificial delay. I get 30 MS to War3 Azeroth, yet ladder games have almost a half second delay. In case you didn't know, a half second is 500 ms, not 30 ms.

In Starcraft 2 the delay is just as bad, and is not a result of peoples' "crappy internet connections."
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
March 19 2010 00:41 GMT
#133
i notice more lag spikes today than normal. anyone else feel this? my connection seems to be fine but i just want to see if anyone confirms.. possibly because there's a lot more people online today due to all the invites?
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
prOxi.swAMi
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Australia3091 Posts
March 19 2010 00:58 GMT
#134
On March 05 2010 18:54 Kiante wrote:
i feels like this for me as well. I had assumed it was just because i was australian...but i guess not.

Sooo, who's gonna write a LL plugin for sc2 ^_^

Yeah I thought the same thing man but then I realised I play ICCup with LAN latency all the time without a problem. I don't see why Blizzard can't at least make it configurable.
Oh no
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7988
Rain 3592
Leta 2445
Soulkey 404
Soma 335
BeSt 302
soO 259
Rush 231
firebathero 169
Barracks 154
[ Show more ]
Stork 130
Sexy 65
Killer 37
Shinee 34
Shine 27
Sacsri 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Sharp 15
sorry 12
yabsab 11
Noble 7
zelot 6
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc3991
XcaliburYe186
League of Legends
JimRising 496
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
gofns28303
WinterStarcraft686
singsing456
Pyrionflax187
Sick153
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 66
• Sammyuel 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2210
• WagamamaTV0
League of Legends
• Jankos2443
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
32m
Patches Events
5h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 32m
OSC
13h 32m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.