• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:38
CEST 23:38
KST 06:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7736 users

First Hots Beta Patch - Page 6

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
399 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 20 Next All
TSL-Lore
Profile Joined January 2009
United States412 Posts
September 07 2012 23:10 GMT
#101
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.
I want to become stronger. -Shindou Hikaru
Snowbear
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)1925 Posts
September 07 2012 23:14 GMT
#102
On September 08 2012 08:10 TSL-Lore wrote:
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.


I agree. I am a huge defender of sc2, and I always hope for sc2 to be the best esports title, but I am kinda losing faith in it. Playing HOTS feels really really boring to me. Everything feels 1a, and I am not really amazed by the pros
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
September 07 2012 23:17 GMT
#103
On September 08 2012 08:14 Snowbear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 08:10 TSL-Lore wrote:
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.


I agree. I am a huge defender of sc2, and I always hope for sc2 to be the best esports title, but I am kinda losing faith in it. Playing HOTS feels really really boring to me. Everything feels 1a, and I am not really amazed by the pros


It's the second day of the beta, talk about jumping to conclusions. o_O
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-07 23:18:56
September 07 2012 23:18 GMT
#104
On September 08 2012 08:10 TSL-Lore wrote:
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.


I have the opposite impression (this from a zerg side though).

I feel the Swarmhost has brought a lot more excitement to zvp/zvt imo. We all know current WoL play is zerg has to go hive if they want to win. With the swarmhost being added zerg can be doing aggressive actions all game and not have to turtle - hive tech - get big deathball.

Dunno warhound is boring, I like the battlehellion/widow mine and new toss units just suck.

Watching the swarmhost only makes me wish I had a hots beta account more and more T_T.
When I think of something else, something will go here
TSL-Lore
Profile Joined January 2009
United States412 Posts
September 07 2012 23:21 GMT
#105
On September 08 2012 08:18 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 08:10 TSL-Lore wrote:
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.


I have the opposite impression (this from a zerg side though).

I feel the Swarmhost has brought a lot more excitement to zvp/zvt imo. We all know current WoL play is zerg has to go hive if they want to win. With the swarmhost being added zerg can be doing aggressive actions all game and not have to turtle - hive tech - get big deathball.

Dunno warhound is boring, I like the battlehellion/widow mine and new toss units just suck.

Watching the swarmhost only makes me wish I had a hots beta account more and more T_T.


I'm zerg as well, and I've been watching pro zerg streams. The Swarm Host, imo, is the most boring of all. It results in these long drawn out pushes with expendable slow moving units. There's no explosiveness like the Lurker from SCBW. Everything seems to promote turtle-based play. It's like the "turtle to hive - get big deathball" thing you described except its even slower now.

I dont know, I just wish they'd bring back something like the Lurker. Maybe make the Swarm Host more like it.
I want to become stronger. -Shindou Hikaru
urashimakt
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1591 Posts
September 07 2012 23:22 GMT
#106
On September 08 2012 08:10 TSL-Lore wrote:
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.

The Warhound is the only unit I've feel that way about so far. The battle hellion, the widow mine, and all of the protoss and zerg units excite me.
Who dat ninja?
Zergrusher
Profile Joined November 2011
United States562 Posts
September 07 2012 23:28 GMT
#107
Now they just need to make fungul a slowing spell

Increase ultralisk base damage to 20

Undo the 2 nerfs the hydralisk got in the past.

Nerf roach speed to Make roaches move at 2.95.

Burrow charge should be auto cast and make ultras move at a speed of 3 when doing it

For protoss

the tempest needs a buff.

For terran

make haywire missles a upgrade.


I really Hope I get a beta key, because the Hype and the gameplay for HOTS is getting me dizzy with excitement. !

Sroobz
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1377 Posts
September 07 2012 23:29 GMT
#108
On September 08 2012 08:21 TSL-Lore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 08:18 blade55555 wrote:
On September 08 2012 08:10 TSL-Lore wrote:
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.


I have the opposite impression (this from a zerg side though).

I feel the Swarmhost has brought a lot more excitement to zvp/zvt imo. We all know current WoL play is zerg has to go hive if they want to win. With the swarmhost being added zerg can be doing aggressive actions all game and not have to turtle - hive tech - get big deathball.

Dunno warhound is boring, I like the battlehellion/widow mine and new toss units just suck.

Watching the swarmhost only makes me wish I had a hots beta account more and more T_T.


I'm zerg as well, and I've been watching pro zerg streams. The Swarm Host, imo, is the most boring of all. It results in these long drawn out pushes with expendable slow moving units. There's no explosiveness like the Lurker from SCBW. Everything seems to promote turtle-based play. It's like the "turtle to hive - get big deathball" thing you described except its even slower now.

I dont know, I just wish they'd bring back something like the Lurker. Maybe make the Swarm Host more like it.


Completely disagree. The best part of the beta BY FAR is the swarm host. It makes more positional wars and ZvZ and ZvT are like BW TvT now. It's like watching chess. Just wait until we start seeing muta ---> swarm host+hydra/roach or the other way around. The swarm host is slight too powerful (which is why it's getting a nerf). Currently people are learning how powerful units are and what is good against what. Yesterday it seemed like TvT was just going to be Warhound vs Warhound. Today, I've seen Terran pros RAPING warhounds with bio or bio+tank. Protoss is the only shitty part of Hots. Still boring as fuck rofl
Flash---Taeja---Mvp---Byun---DRG
Snowbear
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)1925 Posts
September 07 2012 23:31 GMT
#109
On September 08 2012 08:28 Zergrusher wrote:
Now they just need to make fungul a slowing spell

Increase ultralisk base damage to 20

Undo the 2 nerfs the hydralisk got in the past.

Nerf roach speed to Make roaches move at 2.95.

Burrow charge should be auto cast and make ultras move at a speed of 3 when doing it

For protoss

the tempest needs a buff.

For terran

make haywire missles a upgrade.


I really Hope I get a beta key, because the Hype and the gameplay for HOTS is getting me dizzy with excitement. !



Very objective, LOL. If I would balance the same way as you, I would give my tanks +20 damage, undo the hellion nerf, make marinesplit autosplit and make marines move double as fast. Seriously dude, you are not even in the beta and you decided that the tempest needs a buff?
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
September 07 2012 23:36 GMT
#110
I agree with others that the problem of warhound isn't its op-ness, but rather its design (both the form and the function). I tried them on and they look like bunch of walking match boxes. And they basically do the exact same thing marauders do as of now, only difference being that they come out of factories instead of rax.
Fig
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1324 Posts
September 07 2012 23:40 GMT
#111
On September 08 2012 08:18 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 08:10 TSL-Lore wrote:
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.


I have the opposite impression (this from a zerg side though).

I feel the Swarmhost has brought a lot more excitement to zvp/zvt imo. We all know current WoL play is zerg has to go hive if they want to win. With the swarmhost being added zerg can be doing aggressive actions all game and not have to turtle - hive tech - get big deathball.

Dunno warhound is boring, I like the battlehellion/widow mine and new toss units just suck.

Watching the swarmhost only makes me wish I had a hots beta account more and more T_T.

Yeah. I discovered that watching the beta was really fun, but for a completely different reason than I expected.

I usually like to watch Protoss, but I just can't stand it now. Players make the new oracle and do boring shift-click micro, and then play with normal toss units. Or they make tempests and I watch them flail as they try to make the long range units worthwhile. Meanwhile the rest of their army is again the same old same old. It was so boring!

Then I move over to a terran stream, and in between the warhound OP stomps I see unbelievably dynamic games with every terran unit under the sun. Well almost, it was really fun to watch and no one was even using widow mines yet. I get curious and flip on a zerg stream. New units and old units galore mixing and matching and making the gameplay fresh. TvZ is going to go from being the best matchup, to the bestest matchup. The other races not only got units that can be a core part of the game, they also got their underused units redesigned (reaper, battlecruiser, raven, hydra). They even changed something on the infestor!

And what happened to toss? Any current units updated? No. We LOST A UNIT! The carrier, which was used more than the reaper, bc, hydra, and maybe even the raven, gets taken out of the game... I thought this was an expansion... O wait, I forgot that they added on two stargate units to replace the one we lost. Except they are both just gimmicky things that cost 150/200 and 300/300. And they take away the only interesting thing about the oracle (cloak). But wait! There's more! We are giving you a single unit that guards your base with a cannon that costs energy. But we nerfed it's cool energize ability so that it's never useful. And if you ever don't get attacked by cool new units and can actually save up energy, you can recall too! O wait, you could already do that?

I am terribly disappointed that Blizzard would have failed this hard with toss. When you compare the races, it is painfully obvious which one is getting the short end of the stick in this expansion. If things don't get added, there is no way I'll be playing toss. Why play WoL when the other races are playing HotS?
Can't elope with my cantaloupe
obsid
Profile Joined November 2008
United States389 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-07 23:45:53
September 07 2012 23:41 GMT
#112
Got to say I LOVE THESE CHANGES! I cant imagine a much better patch right now, lets see how it works out!

I knew they needed to decrease the swarm host DPS, but I really wish they increased the hp/armor or something at the same time (and decreased the dps some more).
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
September 07 2012 23:43 GMT
#113
The oracle ability is dumb as well. I wonder if Blizzard thought toss players need more macro practice or something. Basically you just block the mineral patches like clockwork. You just have to remember to do it over and over again. It's kind of like larva inject.
Danzo
Profile Joined March 2011
2820 Posts
September 07 2012 23:43 GMT
#114
On September 08 2012 06:18 Hider wrote:
Absolutely stupid. Blizzard chooses to "balance" the warhound instead of redesigning it. They have zero clue wtf they are doing.

I'm pretty certain at this point I'm not going to hold my breath about the Warhound. Time to accept the modern rts style and how the warhound plays the role of Starcraft.
Getting too old for this..
Sufinsil
Profile Joined January 2011
United States760 Posts
September 07 2012 23:45 GMT
#115
Servers just shut down now.
Kireak
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden358 Posts
September 07 2012 23:47 GMT
#116
They should just go out with a message that the will bring down the beta to redesign 50% of the new units and abilites from scratch. The game is heading in the wrong direction.
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
September 07 2012 23:53 GMT
#117
On September 08 2012 08:08 monkybone wrote:
I actually feel like the siege tank needs a damage increase in light of the new changes, in particular vs armored units, and perhaps a slightly wider distribution of aoe.

I think bliz is so hesitant on buffing the siege tank for tvp cause it will totally mess up tvz. Tanks are really good vs roaches and taking down infestors / blings. With the warhound, battle hellion, buffed tank and the thor as an option mech would be unstoppable in tvz. And that's ignoring the fact that you would probably end up mixing some of t's air arsenal into your mech composition.
Jaedong.
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
September 07 2012 23:57 GMT
#118
On September 08 2012 08:21 TSL-Lore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 08:18 blade55555 wrote:
On September 08 2012 08:10 TSL-Lore wrote:
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.


I have the opposite impression (this from a zerg side though).

I feel the Swarmhost has brought a lot more excitement to zvp/zvt imo. We all know current WoL play is zerg has to go hive if they want to win. With the swarmhost being added zerg can be doing aggressive actions all game and not have to turtle - hive tech - get big deathball.

Dunno warhound is boring, I like the battlehellion/widow mine and new toss units just suck.

Watching the swarmhost only makes me wish I had a hots beta account more and more T_T.


I'm zerg as well, and I've been watching pro zerg streams. The Swarm Host, imo, is the most boring of all. It results in these long drawn out pushes with expendable slow moving units. There's no explosiveness like the Lurker from SCBW. Everything seems to promote turtle-based play. It's like the "turtle to hive - get big deathball" thing you described except its even slower now.

I dont know, I just wish they'd bring back something like the Lurker. Maybe make the Swarm Host more like it.

Lurkers were generally used to hold out till hive in bw. Yes if you saw an opportunity you would jump in and rape everything with your baller spines / burrow ability, but if your opponent was any little bit competent / playing standard the lurkers would be used to delay the opponent's push till hive (looking at zvt here especially).
Jaedong.
ArtemisKnives
Profile Joined March 2010
United States210 Posts
September 08 2012 00:01 GMT
#119
From playing about 20 hours of the beta so far as protoss... My thoughts were that the warhound pushes were extremely strong. The swarm host pushes were extremely strong as well. I think the changes they made for them will make them much more manageable.

For the oracle, I feel like I can really only use the new units in PvP at high level play. Any time I tried a transition into the new units pre-4 base in the other matchups, I got clobbered because of it. The tempests tickle damage needs to be addressed. It only shines in PVP during the typical war of the worlds mexican stand off point. Basically immortal + tempest > 2 collosus now in PVP since they are the same gas cost. Other than that, I couldn't figure out how to get the tempest to work against zerg unless I had already put my opponent in a wheelchair and the same goes for terran. Overall good changes, excited to see how things go moving forward.
Masters/GM S1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 Macro Toss // twitch.tv/artemisknives [1080p stream]
DuckNuked
Profile Joined June 2012
France60 Posts
September 08 2012 00:02 GMT
#120
Well, well, well.

Nerf the warhound, but keep killing mech playstyle.

Switch to zerg => Viper/swarm Host will be more mechlike than terran mech.
Terran Forum "TvP HELP", Protoss Forum "PvZ HELP!", Zerg Forum: "What use for Hydra???"
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech154
JuggernautJason84
ViBE8
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 212
Dewaltoss 93
Hyuk 68
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm25
League of Legends
Doublelift2963
Counter-Strike
Fnx 839
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King87
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5581
Khaldor851
Liquid`Hasu804
Other Games
summit1g7740
FrodaN2535
shahzam435
KnowMe287
C9.Mang0142
ArmadaUGS113
UpATreeSC113
Trikslyr51
ZombieGrub51
PPMD39
CosmosSc2 23
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream70
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH354
• davetesta3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21365
Other Games
• imaqtpie953
• Shiphtur222
Upcoming Events
OSC
22m
CranKy Ducklings
12h 22m
Online Event
13h 22m
FEL
18h 22m
AI Arena Tournament
19h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.