• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:58
CEST 22:58
KST 05:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6836 users

First Hots Beta Patch - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
399 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 20 Next All
Mazzi
Profile Joined August 2012
440 Posts
September 08 2012 00:05 GMT
#121
glad the swarm and warhound got a nerf, lets see if its nerfed eneough tho
Account252508
Profile Joined February 2012
3454 Posts
September 08 2012 00:06 GMT
#122
--- Nuked ---
emc
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-08 00:09:36
September 08 2012 00:09 GMT
#123
good changes, SH needed the nerf and we'll see how effective the nerf to warhounds is. Love that blinding cloud will be strong against everything! but we'll just have to see how that goes.

they made hotkey changes to the exact same hotkeys as mine 0_0
DemigodcelpH
Profile Joined August 2011
1138 Posts
September 08 2012 00:14 GMT
#124
On September 08 2012 08:18 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 08:10 TSL-Lore wrote:
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.


I have the opposite impression (this from a zerg side though).

I feel the Swarmhost has brought a lot more excitement to zvp/zvt imo. We all know current WoL play is zerg has to go hive if they want to win. With the swarmhost being added zerg can be doing aggressive actions all game and not have to turtle - hive tech - get big deathball.

Dunno warhound is boring, I like the battlehellion/widow mine and new toss units just suck.

Watching the swarmhost only makes me wish I had a hots beta account more and more T_T.


Zerg already had a plethora of viable options to win before hive. It's not that Zerg had to go hive, but that they get it for free because creep/mobility gives them map control by default.
Rorschach
Profile Joined May 2010
United States623 Posts
September 08 2012 00:18 GMT
#125
I already have nightmares of chain fungals, now it will be chain fungas AND my all my ranged units won't be able to micro out of blinding cloud - t.t
En Taro Adun, Executor!
sjperera
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada349 Posts
September 08 2012 00:20 GMT
#126
what' Bosonic core?
Stormbringer!!!
Wafflelisk
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada1061 Posts
September 08 2012 00:21 GMT
#127
On September 08 2012 09:20 sjperera wrote:
what' Bosonic core?


Increases starting Oracle energy by.. 25 I think
Waffles > Pancakes
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
September 08 2012 00:25 GMT
#128
On September 08 2012 09:14 DemigodcelpH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 08:18 blade55555 wrote:
On September 08 2012 08:10 TSL-Lore wrote:
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.


I have the opposite impression (this from a zerg side though).

I feel the Swarmhost has brought a lot more excitement to zvp/zvt imo. We all know current WoL play is zerg has to go hive if they want to win. With the swarmhost being added zerg can be doing aggressive actions all game and not have to turtle - hive tech - get big deathball.

Dunno warhound is boring, I like the battlehellion/widow mine and new toss units just suck.

Watching the swarmhost only makes me wish I had a hots beta account more and more T_T.


Zerg already had a plethora of viable options to win before hive. It's not that Zerg had to go hive, but that they get it for free because creep/mobility gives them map control by default.


They really don't have that many options to win before hive. Zvp they could do roach aggression but if toss defends properly they rarely lose the game unless they mess up.

zvt is the same if zerg does a mid game push it HAS to do a ton of damage. If terran defends appropriately then zerg loses unless again terran does a huge mistake.

Now with the swarmhost zerg can do aggression before hive and not be "all in".
When I think of something else, something will go here
emc
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3088 Posts
September 08 2012 00:25 GMT
#129
On September 08 2012 09:21 Wafflelisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 09:20 sjperera wrote:
what' Bosonic core?


Increases starting Oracle energy by.. 25 I think


the only other new upgrade protoss gets besides gravity sling, so yes, it's oracle energy.
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
September 08 2012 00:27 GMT
#130
On September 08 2012 08:31 Snowbear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 08:28 Zergrusher wrote:
Now they just need to make fungul a slowing spell

Increase ultralisk base damage to 20

Undo the 2 nerfs the hydralisk got in the past.

Nerf roach speed to Make roaches move at 2.95.

Burrow charge should be auto cast and make ultras move at a speed of 3 when doing it

For protoss

the tempest needs a buff.

For terran

make haywire missles a upgrade.


I really Hope I get a beta key, because the Hype and the gameplay for HOTS is getting me dizzy with excitement. !



Very objective, LOL. If I would balance the same way as you, I would give my tanks +20 damage, undo the hellion nerf, make marinesplit autosplit and make marines move double as fast. Seriously dude, you are not even in the beta and you decided that the tempest needs a buff?

to be fair

tempest is pretty fuckin garbage T_T
DemigodcelpH
Profile Joined August 2011
1138 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-08 00:37:16
September 08 2012 00:34 GMT
#131
On September 08 2012 09:25 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 09:14 DemigodcelpH wrote:
On September 08 2012 08:18 blade55555 wrote:
On September 08 2012 08:10 TSL-Lore wrote:
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.


I have the opposite impression (this from a zerg side though).

I feel the Swarmhost has brought a lot more excitement to zvp/zvt imo. We all know current WoL play is zerg has to go hive if they want to win. With the swarmhost being added zerg can be doing aggressive actions all game and not have to turtle - hive tech - get big deathball.

Dunno warhound is boring, I like the battlehellion/widow mine and new toss units just suck.

Watching the swarmhost only makes me wish I had a hots beta account more and more T_T.


Zerg already had a plethora of viable options to win before hive. It's not that Zerg had to go hive, but that they get it for free because creep/mobility gives them map control by default.


They really don't have that many options to win before hive. Zvp they could do roach aggression but if toss defends properly they rarely lose the game unless they mess up.

zvt is the same if zerg does a mid game push it HAS to do a ton of damage. If terran defends appropriately then zerg loses unless again terran does a huge mistake.

Now with the swarmhost zerg can do aggression before hive and not be "all in".


Zerg doesn't have to all-in to win or do aggression before hive. This is a flawed mindset popularized by Zergs who think making units before full saturation is "damage" or "all-in".

Zerg has just as many, if not more, options to win in the mid-game compared to the other races. Win upfront with roach/bane, ling/bane, mass muta (Protoss and unprepared Ts), muta/ling/bling, mass seedlings, circumvent defense with drop play, banes, nydus, et cetera.
Aristotle7
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States120 Posts
September 08 2012 00:38 GMT
#132
On September 08 2012 06:17 SarcasmMonster wrote:
A 30% decrease in non-haywire DPS will probably make the Warhound nonviable in TvZ.

It's not 30%, it's 24% reduction.
Master Terran on NA
Jarree
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland1004 Posts
September 08 2012 00:51 GMT
#133
Before anything haywire missiles or what ever they are should not be autocast. I can understand medivac healing being autocast but nothing else.
Ryder.
Profile Joined January 2011
1117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-08 00:58:35
September 08 2012 00:52 GMT
#134
On September 08 2012 08:40 Fig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 08:18 blade55555 wrote:
On September 08 2012 08:10 TSL-Lore wrote:
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.


I have the opposite impression (this from a zerg side though).

I feel the Swarmhost has brought a lot more excitement to zvp/zvt imo. We all know current WoL play is zerg has to go hive if they want to win. With the swarmhost being added zerg can be doing aggressive actions all game and not have to turtle - hive tech - get big deathball.

Dunno warhound is boring, I like the battlehellion/widow mine and new toss units just suck.

Watching the swarmhost only makes me wish I had a hots beta account more and more T_T.

Yeah. I discovered that watching the beta was really fun, but for a completely different reason than I expected.

I usually like to watch Protoss, but I just can't stand it now. Players make the new oracle and do boring shift-click micro, and then play with normal toss units. Or they make tempests and I watch them flail as they try to make the long range units worthwhile. Meanwhile the rest of their army is again the same old same old. It was so boring!

Then I move over to a terran stream, and in between the warhound OP stomps I see unbelievably dynamic games with every terran unit under the sun. Well almost, it was really fun to watch and no one was even using widow mines yet. I get curious and flip on a zerg stream. New units and old units galore mixing and matching and making the gameplay fresh. TvZ is going to go from being the best matchup, to the bestest matchup. The other races not only got units that can be a core part of the game, they also got their underused units redesigned (reaper, battlecruiser, raven, hydra). They even changed something on the infestor!

And what happened to toss? Any current units updated? No. We LOST A UNIT! The carrier, which was used more than the reaper, bc, hydra, and maybe even the raven, gets taken out of the game... I thought this was an expansion... O wait, I forgot that they added on two stargate units to replace the one we lost. Except they are both just gimmicky things that cost 150/200 and 300/300. And they take away the only interesting thing about the oracle (cloak). But wait! There's more! We are giving you a single unit that guards your base with a cannon that costs energy. But we nerfed it's cool energize ability so that it's never useful. And if you ever don't get attacked by cool new units and can actually save up energy, you can recall too! O wait, you could already do that?

I am terribly disappointed that Blizzard would have failed this hard with toss. When you compare the races, it is painfully obvious which one is getting the short end of the stick in this expansion. If things don't get added, there is no way I'll be playing toss. Why play WoL when the other races are playing HotS?

Yes! Exactly sums up what I think, toss have been given no love this beta, either for new or existing units. I recently heard about an upgrade I'd never heard about; Bosonic Core or something, and got excited cause I thought it could have been a cool upgrade to an existing unit, like how Terran and Zerg got all their under used units looked at and adjusted. But NOPE just energy upgrade for mothership core lol, I'll definitely be building a fleet beacon to get that!

I've been watching a lot of streams and oracle entomb shift click is already boring, and I've never seen somebody go Tempest and win unless they had already pretty much won at that stage.

You should post this on the bnet forums, Blizzard needs to have a read of this.

Edit: I forgot they nerfed high ground warp ins, so they haven't forgotten about protoss after all!
Scurvy
Profile Joined March 2012
United States117 Posts
September 08 2012 00:58 GMT
#135
Overall, I like these changes:D simply from what I have seen on streams.
With it or on it.
Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
September 08 2012 01:06 GMT
#136
Maybe I haven't seen enough streams but I thought the blinding cloud looked like it covers way to small of an area because the enemies can simply walk out of it? And they reduce its radius?
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
September 08 2012 01:10 GMT
#137
why do widow mines activate on workers
starleague forever
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
September 08 2012 01:14 GMT
#138
On September 08 2012 06:15 Tao367 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 06:13 purakushi wrote:
I think that the main problem with warhounds is the haywire, not necessarily the main attack. You can just kite stalkers/sentries with its range.


I disagree, even on non mechanical units it beats everything. It destroys bio army's extremely quickly and efficiently.


I like how people went from complaining about warhound's a skilless 1A unit to complaining that the warhound's too good when it's micro'd. Be careful what you wish for I guess.
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
Omnidroid
Profile Joined November 2011
New Zealand214 Posts
September 08 2012 01:15 GMT
#139
On September 08 2012 09:34 DemigodcelpH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 09:25 blade55555 wrote:
On September 08 2012 09:14 DemigodcelpH wrote:
On September 08 2012 08:18 blade55555 wrote:
On September 08 2012 08:10 TSL-Lore wrote:
Does anyone else feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting about the new units in HOTS? I find myself getting really bored of watching HOTS streams even though the beta has only been out for a few days.


I have the opposite impression (this from a zerg side though).

I feel the Swarmhost has brought a lot more excitement to zvp/zvt imo. We all know current WoL play is zerg has to go hive if they want to win. With the swarmhost being added zerg can be doing aggressive actions all game and not have to turtle - hive tech - get big deathball.

Dunno warhound is boring, I like the battlehellion/widow mine and new toss units just suck.

Watching the swarmhost only makes me wish I had a hots beta account more and more T_T.


Zerg already had a plethora of viable options to win before hive. It's not that Zerg had to go hive, but that they get it for free because creep/mobility gives them map control by default.


They really don't have that many options to win before hive. Zvp they could do roach aggression but if toss defends properly they rarely lose the game unless they mess up.

zvt is the same if zerg does a mid game push it HAS to do a ton of damage. If terran defends appropriately then zerg loses unless again terran does a huge mistake.

Now with the swarmhost zerg can do aggression before hive and not be "all in".


Zerg doesn't have to all-in to win or do aggression before hive. This is a flawed mindset popularized by Zergs who think making units before full saturation is "damage" or "all-in".

Zerg has just as many, if not more, options to win in the mid-game compared to the other races. Win upfront with roach/bane, ling/bane, mass muta (Protoss and unprepared Ts), muta/ling/bling, mass seedlings, circumvent defense with drop play, banes, nydus, et cetera.

You're exaggerating the number of options we have. I only see in ZvT mid game either Ling/Bling/Muta or mass sling/infestor against non-mech. And either Roach/muta or roach/infestor with or without dropplay against mech.Roach/bane is good for all in.
Synche
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1345 Posts
September 08 2012 01:20 GMT
#140
Increase in tank damage would be fucking amazing. I hope Bliz sees the light and nerfs or removes the WH and makes tanks like BW tanks.

Then we'd be getting somewhere.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
JuggernautJason96
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 217
Dewaltoss 117
Hyuk 67
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift2049
Counter-Strike
fl0m1554
Fnx 741
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King84
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5391
Khaldor906
crisheroes869
Liquid`Hasu670
Other Games
summit1g7451
FrodaN2553
shahzam416
XBOCT334
KnowMe311
C9.Mang0199
UpATreeSC147
ArmadaUGS116
ZombieGrub42
Trikslyr32
CosmosSc2 23
PPMD20
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV244
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH362
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21004
Other Games
• imaqtpie859
• Shiphtur278
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 2m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 2m
Online Event
14h 2m
FEL
19h 2m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.