• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:55
CEST 21:55
KST 04:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9609 users

TL Fitness Initiative (Weight Loss/Gain) - Page 83

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 119 Next
biomedical
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
235 Posts
October 24 2009 17:35 GMT
#1641
On October 25 2009 02:19 Foucault wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2009 02:14 biomedical wrote:
Foucault you are a bit similar to meeeeeeee altho i think much better. do you have thinner wrists than all girls? and your lower arm goes on forrrreevvverrrr? ill try to get a picture online somehow, maybe i can email it from my phone. wheres your body hair dude?????

energies does your body itch much after that?


lol yeah, i got really thin wrists...I wish they were fatter though :D And my lower arms do go on forever

I don't do body hair I guess.


maybe you should join my 3500kcal/day white turd crusade (btw i checked last night my turds were a healthy brown you'll be pleased to hear)
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-24 17:40:29
October 24 2009 17:40 GMT
#1642
On October 25 2009 02:35 biomedical wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2009 02:19 Foucault wrote:
On October 25 2009 02:14 biomedical wrote:
Foucault you are a bit similar to meeeeeeee altho i think much better. do you have thinner wrists than all girls? and your lower arm goes on forrrreevvverrrr? ill try to get a picture online somehow, maybe i can email it from my phone. wheres your body hair dude?????

energies does your body itch much after that?


lol yeah, i got really thin wrists...I wish they were fatter though :D And my lower arms do go on forever

I don't do body hair I guess.


maybe you should join my 3500kcal/day white turd crusade (btw i checked last night my turds were a healthy brown you'll be pleased to hear)


why the hell would I want to hear about the color of your turds wtf man lol

I can't workout heavy right now, but I will try to put on some weight once my back is aight.

I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-24 23:46:29
October 24 2009 23:46 GMT
#1643
On October 25 2009 01:55 Foucault wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2009 01:43 eshlow wrote:
On October 25 2009 00:41 Foucault wrote:
Energies you gangsta you

impressive fat loss. I'm thinking of ways to get rid of the skin, I think it will tighten up soon!

This is me btw. I want to put on some weight because I only weigh about 75-76 kg now and I'm 187 cm. However I'm having trouble with my back so heavy weight lifting is out of the picture for now.


What's your injury?

There's always work arounds... but depending on what happened you should also do rehab work and such.


I'm not sure. I've been at this rehab guy and he gave me some exercises to use for my core-area. It's probably a combination of me working out alot (running/lifting weighs 5-6 days a week for a long time), and running alot with worn out runner's shoes.

I don't know to be honest. Got any ideas?


Where does it hurt? (google a pic and mark it)

What movements hurt?

Any other details would be helpful.

On October 25 2009 02:14 biomedical wrote:
Foucault you are a bit similar to meeeeeeee altho i think much better. do you have thinner wrists than all girls? and your lower arm goes on forrrreevvverrrr? ill try to get a picture online somehow, maybe i can email it from my phone. wheres your body hair dude?????

energies does your body itch much after that?

today:
+ Show Spoiler +

shitty tiny busy gym is shitty so i decided to start with deadlift rather than wait 20 mins to do squats. i regret this, however, coz when i came to do my squats i TOTALLY failed!!!! pretty sure i gave myself enough resting time.... im beginning to understand why people cycle/rotate now.

1. deadlift 50, 60, 65 . will be careful next session and probably wont move up

2. bench press 32.5, 45, 47.5

3. squat 40, 45, struggled to do maybe a dozen at 45

pendlay barbell rows - asked another guy for help with these and i think ive finally got the right technique..... will probably resume these at 20kg

military press machine - had a go at some military standings for the first time but went back to the machine since atm its such a perfect weight to strain against for 3x5.

leg raises (abs) - i look like a douche doing these, can do like 4 with retarded form

incline weighted situps - i do ~3 every 15 minutes i suppose, so like 18 total....

biceps curl, "try" to do 3x5 12.5kg near/at end of workout. started laughing today when i saw a guy LITERALLY swinging them like a swing to bounce them up every time. was lol (fucker was bigger than me tho)


is my method of training abs acceptable? "incline weighted situps - i do 3-4 (to failure) every 15 minutes i suppose, so like 18 total.... "

i see people using crunch tool and doing dozens and dozens of situps but im 99% sure thats "wrong".

but bare in mind i have absolutely no muscle there, so would it be better to do more repetitions (more than ~3) for some reason?


Is there a reason you're breaking up your abs sets?

Leg raises are good as well as weighted situps. Do them like you would do your other sets. Rest a couple minutes then go again. You can use higher reps for these if you want... 10-15 or so. Abs like the calves tend to respond a bit better to higher volume.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
October 25 2009 00:10 GMT
#1644
I think I can safely say I have adjusted to the new diet - I just went through a cardio and abs session and my energy levels were fine. My stomach isnt really any smaller, but it is certainly feeling firmer, so that will have to do for now
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
October 25 2009 01:54 GMT
#1645
On October 25 2009 02:14 biomedical wrote:
Foucault you are a bit similar to meeeeeeee altho i think much better. do you have thinner wrists than all girls? and your lower arm goes on forrrreevvverrrr? ill try to get a picture online somehow, maybe i can email it from my phone. wheres your body hair dude?????

energies does your body itch much after that?


No, shaving is what causes itching because it causes your hair to go course and come out in all directions. Waxing you just have to deal with the damn spots for a week.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
October 25 2009 02:36 GMT
#1646
Just finished reading on the anabolic diet, it pretty much sounds like Atkins except you cycle carbs into your weekends. My diet is very similar although, and I don't know much about fats to tell what different effects it will have, but the fats I consume are almost entirely poly and monounsaturated rather than animal fat. While the anabolic diet tends to suggest a lot of fats from red meat.

The anabolic diet touts itself as a long term diet or a lifestyle diet. Maintaining my weight will be absolutely no issue, I am confident that I can increase my intake to 3000-3500 calories a day and stay lean. What I am chasing at the moment is the most efficient way of losing fat while maintaining my muscles, which I believe I have perfected as I am getting significantly leaner by the day, but only losing 1-2lb a month.

My problem is just being able to do it faster..

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 25 2009 04:18 GMT
#1647
I need help.


I need to build a shitload of willpower, to even do my runs, I need to wake up at 5am, and it's kind of fucked up, since I work from 9:30 to 6:30, and get home pretty late, and I'm way to tired to run in the nights.

So what are good things to build willpower, some motivational post by someone plz? Or just good guides, or tips or anything that will make the wake up at 5am not a bitch.

CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
October 25 2009 04:30 GMT
#1648
Just made my first batch of homemade protein bars. Ill write in the results soon.
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
October 25 2009 05:24 GMT
#1649
Very happy with them. Super yummy and packed full of goodness - I used a modified recipe from RowdierBob that is terrific. At least as good as the ones I buy, and the work out at about $1.25AUD, compared to the 4-5AUD I would normally have to pay.
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 25 2009 06:00 GMT
#1650
On October 25 2009 14:24 jfazz wrote:
Very happy with them. Super yummy and packed full of goodness - I used a modified recipe from RowdierBob that is terrific. At least as good as the ones I buy, and the work out at about $1.25AUD, compared to the 4-5AUD I would normally have to pay.


What's the recipe? I think I may have to start making some for myself as well.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
October 25 2009 06:13 GMT
#1651
On October 25 2009 14:24 jfazz wrote:
Very happy with them. Super yummy and packed full of goodness - I used a modified recipe from RowdierBob that is terrific. At least as good as the ones I buy, and the work out at about $1.25AUD, compared to the 4-5AUD I would normally have to pay.

care to share the recipe??
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
October 25 2009 07:02 GMT
#1652
All credit to RowdierBob for the recipe (ill write my mods at the end)

Ingredients.
-2 large bananas (300grams)
-1 tsp. ground cinnamon
-2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
-3 large raw egg whites
-4 oz. nonfat milk
-200 grams of rolled oats
-1/3 c. Splenda
-1 tbsp. olive oil
-60 grams of protein powder
-peppermint essence

Directions.
1) mix ingredients in a large bowl, pour in to non-stick cake pan
2) bake at 150C for 25 minutes (test for firmness in centre at 20mins, should be somewhat moist still)
3) cut into 8 portions, but you can increase the ingredients to make larger serves (I made a double batch)

They do taste really good - better than most protein bars I have tried!

I changed the following:
-I used whole eggs; it has more fat, but also more protein (no added carb). This suits my needs fine, but just keep in mind that most of the fat (and calories) in an egg comes from the yolk.
-I used 80grams of protein powder; this gives my version slightly higher protein content. The added bulk of ingredients is countered by using the whole eggs, so they are still moist.
-I used a different sugar replacement instead of Splenda. The one I bought has added fibre, a slightly lower carb content and a slightly higher protein content. Win.
-I didnt add the peppermint essence because...I forgot it while at the supermarket...

As near as I can calculate, the bars I made work out at:
-200 calories
-13 grams of carb
-15 grams of protein

So, perhaps not quite the same concentration of protein as in the professionally made ones, but much less sugar, natural ingredients, and rather cheap (at least for me, im not sure how the ingredient costs would vary in each country).

I made a double batch (16 bars) for just on $20AUD (so $1.25AUD/bar). The equivalent retail for $4-5AUD here.

Again, all credit to RowdierBob, his recipe and ingenuity, I just hope in passing it on, that it helps everyone.
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
October 25 2009 07:22 GMT
#1653
thanks guys!
kudos to you both

im gonna try this out as soon as i get a new tub of protein powder.
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
October 25 2009 08:17 GMT
#1654
On October 25 2009 13:18 funkie wrote:
I need help.


I need to build a shitload of willpower, to even do my runs, I need to wake up at 5am, and it's kind of fucked up, since I work from 9:30 to 6:30, and get home pretty late, and I'm way to tired to run in the nights.

So what are good things to build willpower, some motivational post by someone plz? Or just good guides, or tips or anything that will make the wake up at 5am not a bitch.





this worked for me during x-country. i just played back the image of the father pushing his son in the night and think "this is nothing compared to what he's doing".
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
October 25 2009 09:37 GMT
#1655
Ive been a good boy today.
-180 grams of protein
-80 grams of carb
-1900 calories

Should I cut down on calories more to drop fat? I must confess to not truly understanding the 'cutting diet' - I think for my size/weight I am allowed 2600 calories to maintain weight (though this seems really high), so with a 700 calorie daily deficit, I should lose about 1kg of fat/week?

To anyone who can correct my ignorance, thanks
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-25 09:55:31
October 25 2009 09:46 GMT
#1656
Does anyone know much about Zinc helping in the production of testosterone. And on the other side Aspirin reducing the production of estrogen, or rather inhibiting the production of prostaglandin which are used to manufacture estrogen?

I need to do some research but I don't think it will hurt experimenting with 100mg of aspirin and 50mg of Zinc a day.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
October 25 2009 10:22 GMT
#1657
On October 25 2009 18:46 Energies wrote:
Does anyone know much about Zinc helping in the production of testosterone. And on the other side Aspirin reducing the production of estrogen, or rather inhibiting the production of prostaglandin which are used to manufacture estrogen?

I need to do some research but I don't think it will hurt experimenting with 100mg of aspirin and 50mg of Zinc a day.


Yep, zinc has alot of interesting effects on the body, especially if you are working out. Zinc helps creating semen in your balls and also testosterone. I don't know the specifics about zinc unfortunately but it's a pretty major player along with magnesium and vitamin B6 for many bodily processes.

Btw if you supplement zinc, do take magnesium and vitamin B6 as well. It will be a homemade ZMA. These work synergistic and are generally good for you.
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-25 10:29:39
October 25 2009 10:28 GMT
#1658
Eshlow: It hurts if I pick something up from the ground. It hurts doing any rows and deadlifts etc, which I've stopped doing completely. It hurts when I sneeze

[image loading]



edit: sorry for the pic size ;P
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
October 25 2009 12:02 GMT
#1659
Glad to see they came out good Jfazz. Although I can't claim credit for the recipe (except the peppermint essence!) as I juts pulled it from Google. BTW guys if you do add peppermint, just use half a teaspoon as it's pretty potent stuff.

I'm making a high protein banana bread tonight so I'll let you all know how it goes.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
October 25 2009 12:05 GMT
#1660
Looks like sciatic problems Foucault. If it's giving you pain doing basic things like bending or sneezing, I'd see a physio asap.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 119 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason183
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15495
Artosis 824
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 87
Mind 79
Hyun 38
Bale 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2522
420jenkins596
League of Legends
Doublelift1774
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5968
Khaldor1310
Liquid`Hasu1031
MindelVK9
Other Games
summit1g6284
FrodaN1959
B2W.Neo712
byalli346
ToD215
Railgan38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1286
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix8
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie952
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 5m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.