• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:14
CEST 07:14
KST 14:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6130 users

TL Fitness Initiative (Weight Loss/Gain) - Page 71

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 119 Next
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
October 07 2009 14:16 GMT
#1401
On October 07 2009 22:52 Foucault wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2009 22:45 Energies wrote:
Back to the drawing board it seems.

I have definitely been feeling the strain of doing deadlifts and squats at the same time.

I have fairly powerful legs and back, but I enjoy doing deadlifts/squats/pulls up because they are huge compound exercises. Only time I will start to sweat like I have gone for a run after a set of weights.

I didn't really note it, but I do abs almost every day as they recover so quickly.
--

I'll take your example to mind, I would like to add a couple of extra exercises. I'll come up with a routine and post it for scrutiny.


Yeah, deadlifts and squats on the same workout is not really recommended because you will always be tired doing the one you don't do first. So giving them a day each gives you much more room for improvement/results and building strength. Besides your form may get bad doing them at the same time.

Yeah componds are the best. Sure, I'll take another look at it when you've changed it around. I mean, add biceps/triceps etc if you want. For example biceps monday/triceps wednesday or something if you want to work arms specifically too.

Abs is always good to do because your core is hugely important for alot of exercises, especially the ones you do; deadlifts, squats etc


Oh, I forgot. About the wednesday workout routine I suggestes, sitting row is great too of course.



You can try front squat with deadlift in the same workout instead of back squat.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-07 14:26:03
October 07 2009 14:25 GMT
#1402
On October 07 2009 22:57 madnessman wrote:
And if you're donig abs a lot make sure you work your back (and all the other muscles that make up your core) to make sure that your core is balanced.


Yeah deadlift takes care of that pretty much in this case

The core is very important
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 07 2009 16:43 GMT
#1403
I'd only hit up the deadlifts once a week or so. But increase the weight every time.

Squats or other variations of squats/lower body work can make up the rest of the week's legs work.

I really don't recommend higher reps with that volume, but if that's what you want to do then go for it. But you may have problems with your recovery.

I still subscribe to the 1-2 push, 1-2 pull, 1-2 leg exercise per workout if it's full body. It DOES NOT have to be 2 of each every time to make good progress. Sometimes all you need is one hard set of 5x5. But sometimes if you're feeling good that day you can add a second exercise.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
October 08 2009 12:11 GMT
#1404
Just wanted to say, I had a really good couple of days eating wise. Yay!
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
October 08 2009 12:20 GMT
#1405
well done jfazz. Keep it up and build some body mass, your love handles will vanquish, believe me.

I'm sick...which didn't discourage me from doing back + biceps yesterday. I'm stupid but yeah, I'm resting now. Eating well too, just ate 200 gr sunflower seeds, that shit is good for you. Few foods contain the daily intake for Magnesium in 100 gr.

I hope I can run 5k and lift weights tomorrow, but I doubt I will be running unfortunately (I love running).
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
October 08 2009 13:14 GMT
#1406
lol, note to self. Test your tolerance to caffeine before taking a massive dose.

I was a paranoid, anxiety ridden psychotic today at work. Good times.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
October 08 2009 13:29 GMT
#1407
Sounds like a massive win Energies The paranoid guy is a good title for picking up chicks anyway, they know in advance that youll ned their help for hiding something important.
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
October 08 2009 13:34 GMT
#1408
There are people following me!!

In other news. I have a six pack. Photos up in 4 weeks. I'll post them the night before my flight. And if anyone is going to China for WCG. I'll let you touch them... well. Maybe.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 08 2009 15:49 GMT
#1409
On October 08 2009 21:20 Foucault wrote:
well done jfazz. Keep it up and build some body mass, your love handles will vanquish, believe me.

I'm sick...which didn't discourage me from doing back + biceps yesterday. I'm stupid but yeah, I'm resting now. Eating well too, just ate 200 gr sunflower seeds, that shit is good for you. Few foods contain the daily intake for Magnesium in 100 gr.

I hope I can run 5k and lift weights tomorrow, but I doubt I will be running unfortunately (I love running).


Vitamin D man... Vitamin D. 10,000 IUs for the sickness.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
October 09 2009 09:12 GMT
#1410
Good gym session today, increased weights for all shoulder and leg lifts. Whoo. Protein shake time.
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-09 09:55:59
October 09 2009 09:53 GMT
#1411
crazy workout at my personal fitness class. do this as fast as you can. you should try it. it's "fun" in a horrible way.

1 mile run
50 bench dips
100 sit ups
200 pushups
300 squats
1 mile run

kind of like a murph but you have to do all the bench dips before moving on to the sit ups. all the sit ups before moving on the pushups, etc...

doing this when i'm already sore was killer.
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
October 09 2009 10:04 GMT
#1412
evan is getting stronger!
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
October 09 2009 10:29 GMT
#1413
On October 08 2009 22:14 Energies wrote:
lol, note to self. Test your tolerance to caffeine before taking a massive dose.

I was a paranoid, anxiety ridden psychotic today at work. Good times.


Yeah caffeine is pretty strong in higher doses
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
October 09 2009 10:30 GMT
#1414
On October 09 2009 00:49 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2009 21:20 Foucault wrote:
well done jfazz. Keep it up and build some body mass, your love handles will vanquish, believe me.

I'm sick...which didn't discourage me from doing back + biceps yesterday. I'm stupid but yeah, I'm resting now. Eating well too, just ate 200 gr sunflower seeds, that shit is good for you. Few foods contain the daily intake for Magnesium in 100 gr.

I hope I can run 5k and lift weights tomorrow, but I doubt I will be running unfortunately (I love running).


Vitamin D man... Vitamin D. 10,000 IUs for the sickness.


Alright, I will try it!
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
October 09 2009 10:32 GMT
#1415
On October 09 2009 18:53 madnessman wrote:
crazy workout at my personal fitness class. do this as fast as you can. you should try it. it's "fun" in a horrible way.

1 mile run
50 bench dips
100 sit ups
200 pushups
300 squats
1 mile run

kind of like a murph but you have to do all the bench dips before moving on to the sit ups. all the sit ups before moving on the pushups, etc...

doing this when i'm already sore was killer.


That's some semi-crossfit stuff right there. Looks like a good workout
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-09 11:16:25
October 09 2009 11:16 GMT
#1416
On October 09 2009 18:53 madnessman wrote:
crazy workout at my personal fitness class. do this as fast as you can. you should try it. it's "fun" in a horrible way.

1 mile run
50 bench dips
100 sit ups
200 pushups
300 squats
1 mile run

kind of like a murph but you have to do all the bench dips before moving on to the sit ups. all the sit ups before moving on the pushups, etc...

doing this when i'm already sore was killer.

that's some workout
how long does a workout like that usually take you?? i can't imagine how long it would take to do 200 pushups let alone 300 squats @_@
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
October 09 2009 12:20 GMT
#1417
i think it took me like 47 minutes i'm really not sure. anyway i was quite slow. slowest guy in the group i did it with (but all the other guys were like 4% body fat athletes)... tbh i wasn't really worrying about my time. i just wanted to finish it. this week was probably one of my hardest weeks. i don't have anything planned this weekend but i'm going to do some cardio in the gym tomorrow and i'll take sunday off again.

today-the workout i just posted
thursday-rest day
wednesday-30 minute "easy" run
tuesday-5x800m sprints+some interval training, do as many reps of 5 pushups+10 situps+15 squats in 15 minutes and then 20 burpees.
monday-10km hardrun
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
October 09 2009 12:28 GMT
#1418
How many sets did the 200 pushups take?
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
October 09 2009 13:30 GMT
#1419
On October 09 2009 21:28 Energies wrote:
How many sets did the 200 pushups take?


Yeah I was wondering the same..

200 strict pushups is ALOT for anyone.
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
October 09 2009 14:11 GMT
#1420
woah just 47 minutes to do all that?? man it takes me like 10-15 min just doing 20 chest dips lol
you must have pretty good muscle endurance, what exactly are you training for btw??
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 119 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2449
GuemChi 709
Leta 156
Snow 110
Terrorterran 72
Bale 30
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto17
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
summit1g6720
WinterStarcraft354
C9.Mang0276
Sick142
ViBE88
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1306
• Stunt413
Other Games
• Shiphtur394
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 46m
Patches Events
10h 46m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.