• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:22
CEST 19:22
KST 02:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8410 users

TL Fitness Initiative (Weight Loss/Gain) - Page 69

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 119 Next
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 04 2009 17:16 GMT
#1361
On October 01 2009 10:41 jfazz wrote:
Ok, sorry for the huge delay, but I have pictures. Feel free to laugh at my pirate beard
[image loading]

[image loading]

Taken this morning, Oct 21. For completeness, my current body measurements are:
Chest - 96cm (goal 102cm)
Stomach - 70cm (goal 68cm)
Biceps - 28cm (goal 35cm)
Fear my impressive amount of body hair


You need to hit the cardio stuff..

Swimming, running, w/e, you need to lose those love handles~~

But very good.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
October 04 2009 22:15 GMT
#1362
I know I know...ive always had them. hey are the result of years of poor eating, back from when I was a little fat kid I do cardio 3x a week at the moment, but I should probably increase the intensity/length of training. How would you say ill look without the love handles?

WEEKLY UPDATE
Well, the week was again one of mixed results (isnt it always?).
Weight: 69kg (gained 1 kg, YES! progress is been made)
Chest: 97cm (gained 1 cm, only 5 more to goal size)
Stomach: 70cm (static, would like to lose 2, but hard to when putting on weight)
Biceps: 28cm (static...AGAIN...but certainly getting stronger. My flexed bicep size has increased though)

Gym plans this week is to consolidate my bench presses at all three states (incline, decline and flat) and increase my deadlifts. On wednesday ill keep working on increasing my bicep curl weight, while maintaining my skull crushers (though ive gone up a weight, it is REALLY hard going!). Come friday ill try to go up on the weights for my leg exercises. Ill be eating big this week again to try and gain that last kg of weight.

Ill try increasing cardio as well

Keep you guys posted.
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
October 04 2009 22:37 GMT
#1363
i did some sets of 1 arm clean and press
and arms only rope climbing

and im so sore it's awesome. been a while since ive gotten significantly sore
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 05 2009 02:15 GMT
#1364
Hmm doing cardio 5times a week, isn't bad at all, do it often, it will increase your overall perfomance, and you'll overall better and more energy.

CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
October 05 2009 09:42 GMT
#1365
YES! I went for a long hard run today and my shin splints were gone so I ended up running around 10k in 51 minutes which is really good for me. i tried to negative split it (but failed) so my times were 25 minutes going and 26 minutes coming back. It was one of those great runs were you push through the pain and feel great at the end. I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
October 05 2009 10:04 GMT
#1366
well done, thats excellent! keep up the great work - aim for even better next time!
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
October 05 2009 11:41 GMT
#1367
QQ. i feel like a noob now.

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=103140
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
October 05 2009 14:46 GMT
#1368
On October 05 2009 11:15 funkie wrote:
Hmm doing cardio 5times a week, isn't bad at all, do it often, it will increase your overall perfomance, and you'll overall better and more energy.



cardio as in running, swimming, riding a bicycle is awesome for your brain and overall mood. Also very effective way of relieving daily stress. Besides your body will be more fit.

But mix in lifting weights too
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
October 05 2009 14:53 GMT
#1369
On September 28 2009 11:58 jfazz wrote:
Lol then my neck should be huge In the two months since ive come across from Wc3, ive made it to C+ on iccup, and we all know sc skill directly correlates to intelligence.

Well, for example yesterday I had:
-5 weetbix + 2 bananas in the morning
-bowl of chopped carrots and a cupcake in the afternoon
-potato, pumpkin, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower and sausages for dinner
-3 weetbix and 2 banans for a late snack

I was full all day, but thats nowhere near 3000 calories On my workout days its a little easier because I take protein shakes, but im still struggling I dont want to eat fatty foods (like those you mentioned energies) because they will just become body fat and not muscle (at least that is my understanding - you need good calories for muscle growth right? not just any clories?).

Ill get back to you with photos later. Cheers boys, I love this thread


What the hell kind of diet is that. You hardly get any protein at all? You should have a decent protein intake on BOTH workout days and off days. Man, you develop muscle when you rest, not when you work out...

Fatty foods don't turn into body fat unless you eat more calories in a day than you burn doing whatever it is you're doing that day. This goes for WHATEVER you eat, doesn't matter.
Actually fat is needed for anabolic processes in the body; ie building muscle. So I would rather eat around 1g fat/kg weight if I was you. Also get your protein intake up to at least 100 g/day.

I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
October 05 2009 15:02 GMT
#1370
Btw, I would recommend everyone who works out to eat ZMA or make your own ZMA by the very same stuff that's in ZMA:

Magnesium (300-500 mg). Don't get magnesiumoxide; best forms of Magnesium with the highest bio-availabilty are Magnesium-taurate/citrate/aspartate/lactate

Zink (15-30 mg)

Vitamin B6 (10-50 mg)

Helps sleep quite alot. Zink helps building testosterone and semen in your balls. Magnesium is relaxing for your muscles and is involved in over 300 essential processes in your body. B6 is helpful for alot of stuff too. B6 is used in the processing and metabolism of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, while assisting with controlling your mood as well as your behavior.

And these vitamins/minerals are also synergists meaning they together make the combined effect stronger than the individual parts.
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
October 05 2009 15:07 GMT
#1371
I have been doing p90x for intervals these last 3 years, for 4 months in a row, then taking like an 8 month break >_<. Today im starting it again and i hope for longer. With p90x plus in the mix. Seriously, when i did the exercise it was hard as fuck but definitely was worth it. I got much stronger, and a bit bigger. Before I started I couldnt do military push ups to save my life, let alone pullups. Now even after the last 8 months of basically no exercise i can still do 10 pullups in a row and some 20 or so pushups in that style.

I never really cared about the diet too much though. Its not the healthiest possible, but its not so bad. I dont really trust supplements, in the way that i dont really have any reason to use them and dont know how to use them.
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
ThatGuy
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada695 Posts
October 05 2009 22:14 GMT
#1372
Weekly Update:

Initial:
+ Show Spoiler +

Weight: 150 lbs
Squat: 95 lbs
Bench: 40 lbs
Deadlift: 115 lbs
Military: 5 lbs
Rows: 80 lbs


Last Week:
+ Show Spoiler +

Weight: 150 lbs
Squat: 110 lbs
Bench: 50 lbs
Deadlift: 135 lbs
Military: 20 lbs
Rows: 85 lbs


This week:
+ Show Spoiler +

Weight: 151 lbs
Squat: 125 lbs
Bench: 60 lbs
Deadlift: 150 lbs
Military: 25 lbs
Rows: 60 lbs


Hooray, 1 pound gain!

My Squats are progressing at a comfortable pace, and my Bench is starting to gain some momentum, which is great! You'll notice I drastically decreased the weight on my rows, as I felt my form was completely wrong (back rounding, not getting the bar all the way up to my torso as the exercise recommends), so we'll see how that works out for me. My Military Presses are still as brutal as usual, but at least I'm completing the damn sets . I also upped my Deadlift, but I had to skip on them today because I spent all of Saturday and Sunday shovelling A LOT of dirt. I didn't feel my body was well rested enough to go on with them. I'm hoping that I'll be able to dish it out on Friday.

I tried adding dips today but they are much harder than I imagined! I couldn't do more than 5!
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 06 2009 00:00 GMT
#1373
On October 06 2009 00:02 Foucault wrote:
Btw, I would recommend everyone who works out to eat ZMA or make your own ZMA by the very same stuff that's in ZMA:

Magnesium (300-500 mg). Don't get magnesiumoxide; best forms of Magnesium with the highest bio-availabilty are Magnesium-taurate/citrate/aspartate/lactate

Zink (15-30 mg)

Vitamin B6 (10-50 mg)

Helps sleep quite alot. Zink helps building testosterone and semen in your balls. Magnesium is relaxing for your muscles and is involved in over 300 essential processes in your body. B6 is helpful for alot of stuff too. B6 is used in the processing and metabolism of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, while assisting with controlling your mood as well as your behavior.

And these vitamins/minerals are also synergists meaning they together make the combined effect stronger than the individual parts.


It definitely helps sleep.

Also, supplementing with Vitamin D too. I didn't really get good sleep until I started doing ZMA + Vitamin D.

-------------------------------------

And yeah Jfazz you really need to be eating AT LEAST 1g/lbs bodyweight if not 1.5g/lbs bodyweight. And holy crap dude, eat more stuff with fat in it. You're gonna give yourself diabetes if you only eat carbs.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
October 06 2009 00:16 GMT
#1374
All right I would like to request the advice of the exercise pros here again.

I've been doing the Starting Strength program for a while, and I haven't really plateaued, but I'm thinking of shifting my focus to gaining more explosive ability, i.e. running faster, jumping higher. Basically, I'm thinking of doing some plyometrics. My questions are:

1) Should I keep going with the Starting Strength Program, and where's a good place to stop?
2) What programs or exercise routines are good for gaining the explosive power I'm looking for?


For reference, my current lift numbers:
Squat: 255
Dead Lift: 265
Bench Press: 150
Military Press: 90
Row: 150
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 06 2009 01:19 GMT
#1375
On October 06 2009 09:16 Slithe wrote:
All right I would like to request the advice of the exercise pros here again.

I've been doing the Starting Strength program for a while, and I haven't really plateaued, but I'm thinking of shifting my focus to gaining more explosive ability, i.e. running faster, jumping higher. Basically, I'm thinking of doing some plyometrics. My questions are:

1) Should I keep going with the Starting Strength Program, and where's a good place to stop?
2) What programs or exercise routines are good for gaining the explosive power I'm looking for?


For reference, my current lift numbers:
Squat: 255
Dead Lift: 265
Bench Press: 150
Military Press: 90
Row: 150


1. Keep going until you plateau. Then reramp up at least once you should make more progress.

2. The power cleans... which you should be doing with the actual SS program.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
October 06 2009 01:27 GMT
#1376
On October 06 2009 10:19 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2009 09:16 Slithe wrote:
All right I would like to request the advice of the exercise pros here again.

I've been doing the Starting Strength program for a while, and I haven't really plateaued, but I'm thinking of shifting my focus to gaining more explosive ability, i.e. running faster, jumping higher. Basically, I'm thinking of doing some plyometrics. My questions are:

1) Should I keep going with the Starting Strength Program, and where's a good place to stop?
2) What programs or exercise routines are good for gaining the explosive power I'm looking for?


For reference, my current lift numbers:
Squat: 255
Dead Lift: 265
Bench Press: 150
Military Press: 90
Row: 150


1. Keep going until you plateau. Then reramp up at least once you should make more progress.

2. The power cleans... which you should be doing with the actual SS program.


If I wasn't self-learning, then I would try and do the power cleans. But without a real trainer, I'm not gonna do it just yet.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 06 2009 03:11 GMT
#1377
On October 06 2009 10:27 Slithe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2009 10:19 eshlow wrote:
On October 06 2009 09:16 Slithe wrote:
All right I would like to request the advice of the exercise pros here again.

I've been doing the Starting Strength program for a while, and I haven't really plateaued, but I'm thinking of shifting my focus to gaining more explosive ability, i.e. running faster, jumping higher. Basically, I'm thinking of doing some plyometrics. My questions are:

1) Should I keep going with the Starting Strength Program, and where's a good place to stop?
2) What programs or exercise routines are good for gaining the explosive power I'm looking for?


For reference, my current lift numbers:
Squat: 255
Dead Lift: 265
Bench Press: 150
Military Press: 90
Row: 150


1. Keep going until you plateau. Then reramp up at least once you should make more progress.

2. The power cleans... which you should be doing with the actual SS program.


If I wasn't self-learning, then I would try and do the power cleans. But without a real trainer, I'm not gonna do it just yet.


Yeah, then right now just stick with strength and mass.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
October 06 2009 12:27 GMT
#1378
Since I posted up that day, I have started eating a lot better. Id say my protein intake per day is averaging 150grams+, and I am already feeling a lot better for it. Im taking a protein shake every morning and every night to add +70grams basically, which has almost doubled my daily intake. On the days I work out, its closer to 200grams.

Im managing to get 2500+calories a day at the moment, which is nice.

Im going to start doing cardio 5 times a week, at high intensity, to try and burn off some body fat...is this advisable? Is their an ideal intensity to burn fat at, or should I just go at a steady pace? I have been doing 20 minute sessions on an exercise bike, managing about 15.5km in that time (about 10miles i guess).

Thanks!
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13528 Posts
October 06 2009 12:49 GMT
#1379
It's hard to build muscle and cut fat at the same time.

It'd be better to focus on you weightlifting to build the muscle and then cut body fat with the high intensity stuff.

So maybe set yourself a goal weight wise with your lifting and once you reach it, start to cut the body fat. Don't fill up on anything and everything though. Concentrate on eating properly, but just more, more, more.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
October 06 2009 13:21 GMT
#1380
There is always arguments on the best types of cardio, these days my theory is, just do it. Doesn't matter what cardio it is or how, its more important to just do the cardio than to worry about about it. So many people avoid cardio it's ridiculous.

Cardio, squats & deadlifts if your training regime doesn't have those. You fail.

Rowdie is right, you can't really bulk and lose fat at the same time, not efficiently anyway. Just follow the regular bulk and cut phase. Bulk in winter, cut for summer!
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 119 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM660
TKL 256
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 660
ByuN 306
TKL 256
mouzHeroMarine 115
UpATreeSC 77
BRAT_OK 34
MindelVK 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25569
Calm 3301
Shuttle 1141
Horang2 527
Soulkey 196
Rush 132
Dewaltoss 121
Zeus 64
Free 37
Hyun 34
[ Show more ]
sorry 30
Trap 25
Killer 19
ToSsGirL 19
PianO 17
Bale 16
JYJ 16
Rock 15
Aegong 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Hm[arnc] 11
Sacsri 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7086
Dendi1248
League of Legends
KnowMe50
Counter-Strike
fl0m4803
x6flipin836
Fnx 608
pashabiceps422
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Other Games
singsing1924
Liquid`RaSZi1476
Beastyqt591
ceh9501
Khaldor308
C9.Mang0244
dupreeh199
crisheroes183
420jenkins179
IndyStarCraft 143
QueenE96
Trikslyr89
JuggernautJason10
Grubby0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH284
• Hinosc 15
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3324
• WagamamaTV508
League of Legends
• Nemesis2900
• TFBlade585
Other Games
• Shiphtur839
• imaqtpie325
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 39m
INu's Battles
17h 39m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 39m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.