• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:05
CEST 06:05
KST 13:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8266 users

TL Fitness Initiative (Weight Loss/Gain) - Page 44

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 119 Next
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-16 11:17:08
July 16 2009 11:15 GMT
#861
Start Weight: 165lbs
Goal Weight: 150lbs


January Weight: 165lbs
May Weight: 160lbs
June Weight: 154lbs
Current Weight: 147lbs

Whee goal accomplished with 3 month delay rofl.

Using a adaptation of Energies' diet + Travis' workout that he posted back in December.

Don't care about weight anymore, only body fat percent + "looks and feel" lol.

Need to actually intake more protein, b/c I don't have a blender (yet) and I've never actually used protein powder X_X. Gotta fix that, I doubt I'm getting more than like 80grams/day if that, prolly more like 50ffs and I need to be taking in at least 150. (like 6 eggwhites + 4'ish portions of fish/chicken)

edit: Rofl now that I realize, this is basically my weight back in sophomore yr of HS when I was in the best condition of my life. Prolly more muscle in my upperbody and MUCH less in the legs though.
gds
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Iceland1391 Posts
July 16 2009 11:48 GMT
#862
2.5g/kg of protein per day are for people who workout hard like bodybuilders...
I dont know what's travis workout but if it's only soft things like push ups, pull ups etc.. you dont need 150g/day.
Not mentioning that your weight:147lbs aka super skinny...
Stick with 1.2 to 1.5g/kg until you go to the gym and/or do a real workout.

thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 16 2009 11:57 GMT
#863
I'm only 5'7 or so, so prolly not quite in the super skinny range but I get ur point ^_^

Not really looking to be super huge anyways (just kinda lean/cut), thanks for the advice~
gds
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Iceland1391 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-16 12:33:02
July 16 2009 12:32 GMT
#864
Could you give me the link of the travis' workout post please, i cant find it.
btw congrats for losing weight & starting workout, it's never easy.
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
July 16 2009 13:59 GMT
#865
I'm looking to get back into top shape - lean and tone. I don't want to get big. The first four months were fairly easy, but now comes the hard part where I have to really cram down in order to get the last pit of results.

Currently I'm 5'10 158 lb. (178 cm 72 kg)
Three months ago I was 170 lb (78 kg).

My target weight is around 154 lb. (70 kg). It's only a few more pounds, but I think I still have a little bit more fat to shed. It's still noticeable around the thighs and a little over the abdominal area.

My current fitness programme on a weekly basis is:
3 miles open-water swim (4 times a week) (100 minutes)
10 miles flat-terrain run (twice times a week) (90 minutes)
4 games of beach volleyball (once a week) (60 minutes)

I've ramped up to this level for about 2 weeks now.
Otherwise I'm sedentary thanks to my job

I pretty much eat whatever I've wanted to, but it's largely healthy. I've never really eaten much junk food.
yogurt, cereal, and fruit for breakfast
salad or deli sandwich for lunch
some kind of entry for dinner - usually with tofu, rice, or pasta
I snack on fruit during the day, usually peaches or plums.
on occasion I drink a protein shake, but never consistently
but I do have a habit of drinking two or more cups of coffee a day.

Any suggestions on additional work outs that I should swap in? I think I can keep my current program, so any suggestions would probably replace something I'm already doing.

In addition, during the winter, open water swimming and running are rather difficult. I can handle swimming in a pool, but I just hate running on a treadmill. Any thoughts for what I could swap in during the winter?
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-16 14:40:15
July 16 2009 14:06 GMT
#866
StorrZerg
Age: 20 Height: 5'5
Current Weight: 135
Goal Weight: 125
Starting Date: July 3rd
Goal Date: End of 09



I'm working out every morning for 30 mins to an hour.

I've been using the rowing machine, doing 25 mins, or doing a 2k sprint (9 mins OUCH)


I'm Decently Fit as it is, played sports all throughout my life and kinda just stopped in College so i put some fat on

So My goal is to lose some of that fat then bulk up a bit.
And to get my 2k score below 8:00 mins

anyone here that can help on that?
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
July 16 2009 14:25 GMT
#867
TanGeng you could possibly swap running indoors for rowing indoors

But there is nothing stopping you from running out in the cold, as long as its not below freezing.

Some warmer cloths, running when the sun is out for sure
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-16 15:13:57
July 16 2009 15:12 GMT
#868
On July 16 2009 21:32 gds wrote:
Could you give me the link of the travis' workout post please, i cant find it.
btw congrats for losing weight & starting workout, it's never easy.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=76759

Def not a "full workout" by any means, but hoenstly if I did a proper workout I'd be utterly useless during work the next day ^^. Plus I tend to go overboard (go for the glory and crash and burn), so the real test for me is to really keep at this long term~ Seeing this thread be bumped periodically actually helps my discipline believe it or not

On July 16 2009 22:59 TanGeng wrote:
In addition, during the winter, open water swimming and running are rather difficult. I can handle swimming in a pool, but I just hate running on a treadmill. Any thoughts for what I could swap in during the winter?


Agree with StorrZerg here (well I was a rower for a short period of time so I'm biased ), rowing is a full body workout (only thing that it doesnt have is a "push" motion I think) and should be relatively similar to swimming in terms of muscle use? (dont quote me lol) IIRC it's the 2nd most efficient form of cardio next to crosstraining (though this might only be "equipment" related exercize - ie no swimming included)

On July 16 2009 23:06 StorrZerg wrote:
StorrZerg
Age: 20 Height: 5'5
And to get my 2k score below 8:00 mins

anyone here that can help on that?


Hmm I'm like 5'7 and my best 2k time was 7.5 mins last yr april'ish.

The only real weight training I was doing were leg presses and ... er wtf are those things called... I was lying stomach down on a bench, arms down grab the bar, pull with back/shoulder/tricepts... I guess it was a rowing motion lol. As well are 7 forms of core 1min each 5 second rest in between - front plank / sideplank x2 / dying bug / superman / "taps" / crunches.

2k is basically a sprint, and you may be better served to do stuff like 20 second sprint 15 second rest instead of like 10k ergs. Set a split time you want to maintain throughout and keep it for your 8 mins. Form is prolly going to be the most important thing though...

Btw if you have friends (ie your crew) screaming at you the whole time, your time drops by like 15 seconds LOL

def doable though, our captain was like 5'5 but his 2k was like 6:30 fucking monster X__X

edit: shorter height -> shorter legs means your stroke rate will necessarily be higher... I dont remember how light exactly but prolly in the neighborhood of 30?
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-16 16:56:26
July 16 2009 16:13 GMT
#869
On July 17 2009 00:12 thedeadhaji wrote:
The only real weight training I was doing were leg presses and ... er wtf are those things called... I was lying stomach down on a bench, arms down grab the bar, pull with back/shoulder/tricepts... I guess it was a rowing motion lol.

A bench-pull? I've heard it called that.

On July 16 2009 23:25 StorrZerg wrote:
But there is nothing stopping you from running out in the cold, as long as its not below freezing.

Some warmer cloths, running when the sun is out for sure

Unfortunately, there is plenty of snow most of the time.

On July 16 2009 23:25 StorrZerg wrote:
TanGeng you could possibly swap running indoors for rowing indoors


The erg machine is a great idea. I've forgotten all about it. I think I did 2k's in college and 1k's in high school, and my form sucks. I was never a rower and I've never gotten anyone to correct me. Do you have an idea of what a 60-minute workout on the erg machine might look like? I'll ask a trainer about proper form, and I'll probably do some abs, dips, and lower-back exercises to supplement.

My best 2k's were around like 7:15's with some rest and I think I might be able to hold a few 8:00's with 2:00 rest now. Perhaps I could do 6 -2k's. I'll have to try it out some day.

On July 17 2009 00:12 thedeadhaji wrote:
Agree with StorrZerg here (well I was a rower for a short period of time so I'm biased ), rowing is a full body workout (only thing that it doesnt have is a "push" motion I think) and should be relatively similar to swimming in terms of muscle use? (dont quote me lol) IIRC it's the 2nd most efficient form of cardio next to crosstraining (though this might only be "equipment" related exercize - ie no swimming included)

Swimming works the upper body in the forearm, shoulders, chest, back, biceps, and triceps. Most of the workload is focused in the shoulders and triceps. I think the rowing is largely an upper-back exercise - so focused in biceps and upper-back. But it's still very good in its own way. The leg action is completely different from swimming, so that will complement, nicely.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-16 16:41:41
July 16 2009 16:39 GMT
#870
Nah, rowing is DEFINITELY full body. Very good to bring up strength in the back especially if you're having posture issues (from say the computer or such).

If you're overweight I'd say if you can get on a C2 because it's going to be non-impact on your joints much like swimming except you can ramp up intensity faster. Only problem with running is that if you're heavy your joints take a beating.

If you're looking to build muscle or lose fat you're probably better off doing intervals for rowing much like you would do for running or swimming. 500m sprint as fast as possible, rest 3-5 mins, 500m sprint, etc. until you can't maintain under a certain time or something like that. Great workout.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
starflash
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
190 Posts
July 16 2009 19:50 GMT
#871
anyone got moar pictures? they are the most inspiring

i wish i had takeen phhoto of my arms 6 months ago when i (we) started all this

i am tall lanky skinny and had NOTHING on my arms but as the months have gone on i am REALLY pleased which what has emerged, been impressing collegauues etc who have seen the change
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-16 21:26:57
July 16 2009 21:25 GMT
#872
This is a pic of me. I know I'm not that ripped or have a superior physique. Just pointing out what effect strict exercise and nutrition can have.

I've been running alot and doing some swimming/spinning. I also lift weights 2-3 times a week. For further reference on working out, read my earlier blog:

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=94480

[image loading]
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
starflash
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
190 Posts
July 17 2009 08:44 GMT
#873
do you shave your chest (does anyone?) i keep seeing bodybuilders with nice shiney chests and was wondering if i should do it myself (i still hae zero muscle on my chest fyi)
Foucault
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden2826 Posts
July 17 2009 09:16 GMT
#874
On July 17 2009 17:44 starflash wrote:
do you shave your chest (does anyone?) i keep seeing bodybuilders with nice shiney chests and was wondering if i should do it myself (i still hae zero muscle on my chest fyi)


Nah there just doesn't grow anything on my chest. Don't shave it lol unless you've got a huge rug
I know that deep inside of you there's a humongous set of testicles just waiting to pop out. Let 'em pop bro. //////////////////// AKA JensOfSweden // Lee Yoon Yeol forever.
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-17 11:29:32
July 17 2009 10:00 GMT
#875
i wouldnt shave it unless ur ripped as fuck
[image loading]

if i had any more, i'd probably shave/trim it tho :/
from experience, women love to rub that shit ;|
+ Show Spoiler +
and bears love that shit
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
July 17 2009 22:29 GMT
#876
Looking healthy keep up the weekly workout routine.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
July 17 2009 23:44 GMT
#877
Ha.ck wtf why do you want to lose weight, you are a beast at 150-160 id stay there man. I weigh 150 and am toned but not that ripped as you are.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
July 18 2009 05:37 GMT
#878
Age: 20
Height: 5"11'
Current Weight: 152 ~8-10% body fat
Goal Weight: 160-170 5-6% body fat
Starting Date: July 17
Goal Date: November 1

Basically trying to get back into my prime at the end of senior year football before I had to cut weight to wrestle.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 18 2009 07:11 GMT
#879
On July 18 2009 14:37 Hurricane wrote:
Age: 20
Height: 5"11'
Current Weight: 152 ~8-10% body fat
Goal Weight: 160-170 5-6% body fat
Starting Date: July 17
Goal Date: November 1

Basically trying to get back into my prime at the end of senior year football before I had to cut weight to wrestle.


pics gogo~
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-18 07:36:04
July 18 2009 07:35 GMT
#880
For as long as I can remember, i have been less flexible than everyone I have encountered and I should probably do something about it before i get too old..
Any tips on how to improve flexibility? Maybe do the traditional Touch Your Toes a few times a day? Are there really any major advantages to being flexible? Im in pretty bad shape (i can barely go past the knees rofl?)
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 119 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 218
SpeCial 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2032
Snow 44
NaDa 31
Bale 30
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
Counter-Strike
taco 560
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1430
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1094
WinterStarcraft675
Other Games
summit1g8980
Doublelift2535
JimRising 686
PiGStarcraft276
ArmadaUGS187
C9.Mang0183
Maynarde138
ViBE84
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick807
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• practicex 22
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki170
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1228
• Rush478
• Stunt263
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 55m
OSC
8h 55m
Stellar Fest
8h 55m
OSC
19h 55m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.