• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9147 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 61

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 234 Next
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
August 02 2015 14:46 GMT
#1201
at night i sleep on my back and brace it with a small piece of duvet, it keeps it from sagging in the bed and works really well. so i wake up with a fine, well supported back and don't need to click it into place.
or i sleep on my front
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46493 Posts
August 02 2015 19:19 GMT
#1202
What are some recommended fitness apps for either losing weight or working out?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
August 03 2015 00:17 GMT
#1203
On August 03 2015 04:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
What are some recommended fitness apps for either losing weight or working out?

What do you want the apps to do?
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46493 Posts
August 03 2015 01:34 GMT
#1204
On August 03 2015 09:17 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2015 04:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
What are some recommended fitness apps for either losing weight or working out?

What do you want the apps to do?


I guess some level of day-to-day routines and make it easier and simpler to be accountable/ not be bored.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 03 2015 01:39 GMT
#1205
On August 03 2015 10:34 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2015 09:17 phyre112 wrote:
On August 03 2015 04:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
What are some recommended fitness apps for either losing weight or working out?

What do you want the apps to do?


I guess some level of day-to-day routines and make it easier and simpler to be accountable/ not be bored.


You should be doing pretty much the same every week at the gym. Most apps are fancy internet logs; find one for "starting strength". Progress comes most from doing the basics over and over again.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46493 Posts
August 03 2015 01:42 GMT
#1206
On August 03 2015 10:39 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2015 10:34 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 03 2015 09:17 phyre112 wrote:
On August 03 2015 04:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
What are some recommended fitness apps for either losing weight or working out?

What do you want the apps to do?


I guess some level of day-to-day routines and make it easier and simpler to be accountable/ not be bored.


You should be doing pretty much the same every week at the gym. Most apps are fancy internet logs; find one for "starting strength". Progress comes most from doing the basics over and over again.


Thanks
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
August 03 2015 08:26 GMT
#1207
Logged over 5000 squats on fitocracy as of this week, yay.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 03 2015 13:07 GMT
#1208
On August 03 2015 17:26 zatic wrote:
Logged over 5000 squats on fitocracy as of this week, yay.

Is there a way to see your current number?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Merckinator
Profile Joined December 2009
United States15 Posts
August 03 2015 13:44 GMT
#1209
If anyone is willing, I would appreciate any advice on form/technique for the deadlift. I just uploaded a couple video clips from this morning to my youtube account of the same user name (https://www.youtube.com/user/Merckinator). I suppose I would say that I have been lifting consistently since start of 2014. Really trying to make as much headway as possible on deadlift before my second strongman competition in September. If you haven't tried strongman, it's tons of fun btw! Thank you in advance for any help/guidance!
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
August 03 2015 14:52 GMT
#1210
On August 03 2015 22:44 Merckinator wrote:
If anyone is willing, I would appreciate any advice on form/technique for the deadlift. I just uploaded a couple video clips from this morning to my youtube account of the same user name (https://www.youtube.com/user/Merckinator). I suppose I would say that I have been lifting consistently since start of 2014. Really trying to make as much headway as possible on deadlift before my second strongman competition in September. If you haven't tried strongman, it's tons of fun btw! Thank you in advance for any help/guidance!


Number your videos next time to make it easier to discuss.

An overall comment - I was advised that when doing deadlifts, don't look straight ahead. Keep the neck neutral and in line with the spine, which means looking somewhere towards the floor in front of you. It helps from straining the neck muscles unnecessarily. I've tried it on my recent deadlifts and I think it helps a little bit.

The first video without belt seemed fine. Second video seems to round the back a little bit - the butt is higher than I think it should be. Third video definitely shows the butt rising faster than your upper back. I believe they should rise at the same time to alleviate strain on the lower back, and you straight out the lower back after the legs have completed their motion. Same thing on the fourth vid.

Can someone else help judge the form on the 3rd and 4th vids?


Yargh
Merckinator
Profile Joined December 2009
United States15 Posts
August 03 2015 15:58 GMT
#1211
Thank you for taking a look, JinDesu. I will make sure to number any videos next time!

I hadn't really thought about the head angle, but your suggestion makes sense and I'll try to do that.

I think this is the first time I have recorded myself lifting and I had not realized just how much my ass shoots up before my chest until watching myself. Definitely seems to be something to work on correcting and I should probably record sessions more often.

Thanks again for your comments!
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-03 16:13:10
August 03 2015 16:09 GMT
#1212
so i got 34/100 in this university unit that i gave in and got graded and returned to me
the grade was in my Unit Marks website page up until last week
i decided not to bother to resubmit work for that unit to try to bring the mark up to 40/100
because i didn't resubmit anything they say that my first work grade (the 34/100) doesnt exist and instead i get Non Submission
i just wrote a long email to head of dpt trying to explain that i made the mistake of thinking that i didnt need to resubmit the same piece of work because it had already been graded and the grade inserted into my provisional marks up until last week
....
wish me luck
idk if this fucks me or not but its quite the shock to see i got a Non Submission and the office person was like U SHUD HAVE READ THE SMALLPRINT LAL FO
u literally have to be either in jail or dead to get a non submission
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 03 2015 17:27 GMT
#1213
On August 04 2015 00:58 Merckinator wrote:
Thank you for taking a look, JinDesu. I will make sure to number any videos next time!

I hadn't really thought about the head angle, but your suggestion makes sense and I'll try to do that.

I think this is the first time I have recorded myself lifting and I had not realized just how much my ass shoots up before my chest until watching myself. Definitely seems to be something to work on correcting and I should probably record sessions more often.

Thanks again for your comments!


Nothing wrong with ass shooting up first; it just shows you are starting with your hips too low for a deadlift.

What you really need to work on is on getting ur abs tight before and during the lift, which will cure your lower back rounding. and more important, give you more strength Upper back rounding is acceptable on the deadlift, if you want to avoid it, learn to use your lats like in a clean to straigthen ur back. That said, on max deadlift effort attempts the back is never fully straight.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-03 17:36:30
August 03 2015 17:34 GMT
#1214
Start with your hips higher and stop trying to force them down in my opinion. Maybe work on doing some lighter clean pulls and some stiff legged deadlifts as assistance exercises. It seems like your back is much stronger than your legs, so if you do some stuff to make sure that you get your quads and hamstrings involved I think your DL will look much cleaner. Maybe throw in some sumo deadlifts as well so that you get some more glute/quad/hamstring activation and get some additional power off the floor, or you can just do relatively light deficit deadlifts for the same effect.

It looks like you're leaning a bit too far in front of the bar to me, which then translates to you having to exaggerate the pull backwards. You're also locking out your back faster than your hips. Overall it's not bad, but I think it could contribute to some injuries in the long run if not dealt with.

Edit: Agree with GoTunk about the abs. But your form really isn't bad for a max attempt deadlift. Everyone's going to have imbalances, just learn to work around them and do some prehab stuff so you don't end up fucked up like me haha.
Merckinator
Profile Joined December 2009
United States15 Posts
August 03 2015 18:51 GMT
#1215
Thanks, GoTunk! & MtlGuitarist97!

I have historically slacked on working my abs and recruiting them in lifts, but hearing both of you reiterate their importance definitely means I need to kick those up a notch.

I'll also work on starting with my hips higher and leaning back with the weight more.

I haven't really tried any sumo deadlifts and haven't done as much assistance work; Mainly been just working on the big main lifts.

Also appreciate both of you saying that my form isn't that bad for a heavy lift.

Thanks again!
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
August 03 2015 19:29 GMT
#1216
As a consequence of how low you're trying to force your hips, your center of gravity is VERY far forward for where I think it should be in a deadlift. That means you're going to be using a lot more quad (contributing to that little hitch you have before lockout) and not getti.g a great pull out of your flutes and hamstrings. If you can get your weight back. Bit (.midfoot or heel, looks like its over yourtoes atm) you'll probably have a much easier time off the floor after you get used to it.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 03 2015 19:45 GMT
#1217
I teach all people at my crossfit gym 4 basic steps to move properly; Grab the bar, get tight, jam heels into the floor and squeeze your glutes to lock out.
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
August 03 2015 19:50 GMT
#1218
On August 04 2015 04:45 GoTuNk! wrote:
I teach all people at my crossfit gym 4 basic steps to move properly; Grab the bar, get tight, jam heels into the floor and squeeze your glutes to lock out.


Very solid advice here - glad to have several others weigh in with advice. I always assume that butt shooting up before chest was bad in general, but never understood that it meant the butt was too low.
Yargh
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
August 04 2015 14:05 GMT
#1219
ass up before/faster than chest is typically only an issue in deads with improper starting position. rewatch the vids and pay attention to when his ass comes up in relation to when the bar leaves the floor. Once the bar is where it should have been his shoulders come up properly.

but yeah, gotunk knows his shit, just gonna reiterate that the bar needs to be under the scapula and typically over the center of the foot for a solid pull.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-04 15:31:45
August 04 2015 14:31 GMT
#1220
On August 04 2015 04:50 JinDesu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2015 04:45 GoTuNk! wrote:
I teach all people at my crossfit gym 4 basic steps to move properly; Grab the bar, get tight, jam heels into the floor and squeeze your glutes to lock out.


Very solid advice here - glad to have several others weigh in with advice. I always assume that butt shooting up before chest was bad in general, but never understood that it meant the butt was too low.

It's just a common sense kind of fix honestly. A lot of powerlifters tell you to play up your strengths and try to use them to cover up your weaknesses. Don't neglect weak spots, but if you're built to be back dominant in the deadlift or if your squat is strongest when you lean forward a bit, it's not bad to use that to your advantage.

An update on my lower back: I've been doing that workout every day for four days and I've woken up pain-free the last two days. I'm going to go back to relatively light deadlifts today, hopefully work up to 275 or so, and I guess after that I'll see if my lower back pain gets significantly worse. I don't think it will though, since squatting contributed to the majority of my problems.

Edit: Just pulled 275 for a set of 5 and it went up really fast and pain-free. My lower back doesn't really hurt and just feels like it normally would after deadlifting. I can walk around and bend over fine though with no real pain. Super happy about that.
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes199
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 29m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.