• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9147 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 60

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 234 Next
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
July 29 2015 18:33 GMT
#1181
There's no real "cure" for any kind of addiction in my opinion, it's just a matter of whether or not your life has more to it than getting drunk. Personally I would love to drink beer every single day, but my economy, my job and my desire not to be a good-for-nothing fatass are diametrically opposed to it :p
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 29 2015 18:38 GMT
#1182
On July 30 2015 03:33 Osmoses wrote:
There's no real "cure" for any kind of addiction in my opinion, it's just a matter of whether or not your life has more to it than getting drunk. Personally I would love to drink beer every single day, but my economy, my job and my desire not to be a good-for-nothing fatass are diametrically opposed to it :p


Yeah I definitely get wasted a bit less these days. My first thought is "fuck I'm going to wake up tomorrow $50-100 poorer and feeling like shit at work". I'm more inclined to have a nice craft beer or two and play video games.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 29 2015 19:10 GMT
#1183
common guys you cant possibly think you are more important that the other 6,000,000,000 people exactly like you.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
July 29 2015 19:12 GMT
#1184
I'm... not sure where you're reading that from what we said lol.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
July 29 2015 19:14 GMT
#1185
I'm way better than all those people :D
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 29 2015 19:16 GMT
#1186
blah blah blah existentialism will our species make it off of our planet does it mater if i drink tonight does my $50-100 poorer change my life everyday forever classic crissis. thanks noncafinatedchicken i should just try and make family proud of me till they die.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
July 29 2015 19:25 GMT
#1187
You should probably figure out a way to be proud of yourself first because that seems lacking. Also, you're drunk right now so cut that out nerd.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
July 29 2015 19:44 GMT
#1188
Well, it's easier said than done to "get yourself together", especially if you already have bad self esteem or suffer from depression. Self-distance works for me, don't take yourself or anyone else too seriously, in 100 years we and our ideals will all be dust. Take comfort in that fact rather than despair.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
July 29 2015 19:54 GMT
#1189
I think decaf was just saying that getting wasted and spending $50-100 bucks on drinking that he won't remember is more of a waste of money to him than spending that $50-100 bucks on a couple of craft beers and a video game.
Yargh
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-29 19:58:29
July 29 2015 19:56 GMT
#1190
right but i did the good school and got the most expensive piece of paper and job before i started complaining

also u are right and im sorry and i know i should just be trying to make myself better but its like fuuuuuck man why bother. are we really all going to make it?
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-29 20:48:55
July 29 2015 20:47 GMT
#1191
On July 30 2015 04:56 ComaDose wrote:
right but i did the good school and got the most expensive piece of paper and job before i started complaining

also u are right and im sorry and i know i should just be trying to make myself better but its like fuuuuuck man why bother. are we really all going to make it?


Lol are you drunk right now in an existential crisis?

I just try to do what makes me feel good/happy and I can be proud of. Sometimes that means not getting wasted so I can be productive in my job, passions, etc. The why bother will answer itself on the way to becoming a better you
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-29 22:15:36
July 29 2015 22:08 GMT
#1192
u gotta ask urself what will make u feel like shit and what will make u feel good in the long run

self satisfaction and self love beats the shit out of being drunk, in the long run

and the two are (alas) mutually exclusive

but what makes you CARE about the "long run" tho? some people just don't care , they aren't built for it. (whereas some people are very concerned about their future naturally)

well, the thing is you don't NEED to care about the long run if you find other "short term" things that are enjoyable alternatives to drinking. they become self-fulfilling positive long-runs

find something to be passionate about that is an alternative to drinking and that has both short-term and long-term benefits.

exercise is a good one. i find running really exhilirating (coz i run with epic music) that is actually as exhilirating as getting drunk (believe it or not).

also i picked up guitar a few months ago and found that is a great "short term" occupation coz its a bit like playing video games (mechanically demanding) and also have long term benefit.

idk what job you have but i can imagine that people who find an occupation that they actually care about are a lot better off than everyone else. if you hate your job then fuck it, take a year off and become an artist for video games or whatever you think you'd prefer to do

look i make video the other day
+ Show Spoiler +



you might be star dust, but you can still shine

also start running with sick music its pretty good
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-30 10:29:43
July 30 2015 00:15 GMT
#1193
Part two of my sleep test for sleep apnea tonight. Fitting/calibrating the cpap machine. Pretty excited to have the first good night's sleep of my life after this.

edit: Went from waking up 158 times in 6 hours due to stopping breathing down to none, and from 7 minutes of REM sleep in 6 hours up to about 100 minutes (100 minutes being normal for someone my age). Did wake up a few times just because I'm not used to wearing the CPAP mask, but that should go away over time. Noticing an immediate difference in how I feel today. Can't believe I waited this long to have this test done; actually having the brain activity of sleeping when you have the body activity of sleeping is apparently a big deal. Absolutely worth the trade off of sounding like darth vader at night time.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-30 18:42:59
July 30 2015 18:42 GMT
#1194
what made u think to take the test thing
did ur doc say hey take this slep apnea test
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 30 2015 19:39 GMT
#1195
On July 31 2015 03:42 FFGenerations wrote:
what made u think to take the test thing
did ur doc say hey take this slep apnea test


It runs (incredibly heavily) in both sides of my family. There are more of us that have it than there are that don't. I've been tired all the time as long as I can remember, and it's especially bad now that I do shift work (paramedic) and have to be ready to be in a high stress environment at any time of day, plus I think it's really affecting my memory and attention span, and I cant have that if I'm expecting to go to med school next year. So I asked my doctor, she asked me a couple of questions, said "yup, you're sleepy" and sent me in for the test.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 30 2015 19:52 GMT
#1196
thanks for the advice guys
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 30 2015 20:51 GMT
#1197
On July 31 2015 04:39 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2015 03:42 FFGenerations wrote:
what made u think to take the test thing
did ur doc say hey take this slep apnea test


It runs (incredibly heavily) in both sides of my family. There are more of us that have it than there are that don't. I've been tired all the time as long as I can remember, and it's especially bad now that I do shift work (paramedic) and have to be ready to be in a high stress environment at any time of day, plus I think it's really affecting my memory and attention span, and I cant have that if I'm expecting to go to med school next year. So I asked my doctor, she asked me a couple of questions, said "yup, you're sleepy" and sent me in for the test.

I love reading peoples responses to using a sleep apnea machine for the first time. "HOLY SHIT THIS IS WHAT SLEEP IS???"
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 31 2015 00:00 GMT
#1198
On July 31 2015 05:51 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2015 04:39 phyre112 wrote:
On July 31 2015 03:42 FFGenerations wrote:
what made u think to take the test thing
did ur doc say hey take this slep apnea test


It runs (incredibly heavily) in both sides of my family. There are more of us that have it than there are that don't. I've been tired all the time as long as I can remember, and it's especially bad now that I do shift work (paramedic) and have to be ready to be in a high stress environment at any time of day, plus I think it's really affecting my memory and attention span, and I cant have that if I'm expecting to go to med school next year. So I asked my doctor, she asked me a couple of questions, said "yup, you're sleepy" and sent me in for the test.

I love reading peoples responses to using a sleep apnea machine for the first time. "HOLY SHIT THIS IS WHAT SLEEP IS???"


It's amazing. I've never woken up and not felt like the right thing to do is go back to sleep, before today.
peanuts
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States1225 Posts
August 01 2015 02:12 GMT
#1199
Good news! Found a gym near my hostel in Berlin. Open 24 hours, so I'll probably use it to overcome jetlag the first few days. I have a few days in Paris, so I'm just gonna crank out bodyweight stuff there. Now my only concern is taking in about 2K calories too much from beer alone. xD
Writer"My greatest skill is my enjoyment of the game" - Grubby | @TL_Peanuts
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
August 02 2015 12:58 GMT
#1200
If anyone else is dealing with a lot of lower back pain, this workout seems to be AMAZING for managing my pain. Most mobility stuff only does short term help, but every time I do this I wake up the next morning (nearly) pain free.

Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes199
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 29m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.