• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:41
CEST 23:41
KST 06:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8165 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 67

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 173 Next
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-28 23:15:33
April 28 2014 23:14 GMT
#1321
On April 29 2014 08:04 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2014 08:02 farvacola wrote:
You'll be fine autoexec; MtlGuitarist is just being a Debbie downer.

I'm not trying to turn him away from it. I just think that if someone's going to make a decision about using a substance, they should at least know the possible side effects of it. George Leeman posted pictures of his back after he took something as *seemingly* harmless as testosterone and it caused some pretty terrible scarring. I think that weed is perfectly fine as long as you're responsible, but worrying about your strength should be an after thought.

In that case, you ought to include weed's potential to make bulking and sleeping a lot easier
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 28 2014 23:20 GMT
#1322
On April 29 2014 08:04 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2014 08:02 farvacola wrote:
You'll be fine autoexec; MtlGuitarist is just being a Debbie downer.

I'm not trying to turn him away from it. I just think that if someone's going to make a decision about using a substance, they should at least know the possible side effects of it. George Leeman posted pictures of his back after he took something as *seemingly* harmless as testosterone and it caused some pretty terrible scarring. I think that weed is perfectly fine as long as you're responsible, but worrying about your strength should be an after thought.


I very much doubt that his back went from pristine to deeply scarred just because he used "testosterone" which I take to mean testosterone.

[image loading]
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-29 00:13:06
April 28 2014 23:23 GMT
#1323
3/8 Cannabis users will be assassinated.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-28 23:44:10
April 28 2014 23:43 GMT
#1324
So this just in: InfiniteElgintensity was banned for copyright infringement.

Thoughts? Comments? He's the one that always made those voice over videos of CrossFitters being...well CrossFitters.. He talked a lot of shit for someone that wasn't nearly as strong as some of the people he made fun of, but I don't necessarily disagree with his viewpoints.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-28 23:55:59
April 28 2014 23:51 GMT
#1325
It's well known that Youtube has a 'shoot first ask questions later and probably never' policy on Copyright Infringement. In some cases, it's even an automated process with no questions asked.

The Reddit mentality group think sometimes became unbearable, but 90% of the criticisms he made were well deserved.

On April 29 2014 08:43 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
So this just in: InfiniteElgintensity was banned for copyright infringement.

Thoughts? Comments? He's the one that always made those voice over videos of CrossFitters being...well CrossFitters.. He talked a lot of shit for someone that wasn't nearly as strong as some of the people he made fun of, but I don't necessarily disagree with his viewpoints.


Worst argument ever.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 28 2014 23:56 GMT
#1326
I wasn't trying to make an argument. He just called a lot of them shitty athletes then proceeded to 'shrug" and call himself different variations of names that revolved around the word traps (his traps aren't even that big).

Calling someone a shitty athlete for deadlifting 360 lbs sounds reasonable at first, until you realize that he deadlifted 420 lbs (with not so great form I may add) which isn't really that impressive. It's more of a kettle, meet pot type of situation. I don't necessarily think he was wrong either, but making fun of people for their lifts and doing nothing but adding toxicity to the community while not even being that great of a lifter yourself is pretty pathetic.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
April 29 2014 00:14 GMT
#1327
I don't know how someone could watch those videos and come to that conclusion. Calling Froning a hypocrite for not using CrossFit Methodology for the CrossFit games does not require a base strength threshold.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 29 2014 00:20 GMT
#1328
On April 29 2014 09:14 Jerubaal wrote:
I don't know how someone could watch those videos and come to that conclusion. Calling Froning a hypocrite for not using CrossFit Methodology for the CrossFit games does not require a base strength threshold.

What? He's made videos calling basically every CrossFitter a shitty athlete. I never said anything about his calling Froning a hypocrite. Actually, I was more referring to his comments about Castro's deadlifting and squatting, but whatever. I don't like Castro either and I think he's an arrogant prick, but voicing over videos and barely posting videos helping people is a bit retarded. He should've focused on his own lifts and improving himself, not on constantly whining about CrossFitters and how bad they are at lifting.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
April 29 2014 00:49 GMT
#1329
On April 29 2014 09:20 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2014 09:14 Jerubaal wrote:
I don't know how someone could watch those videos and come to that conclusion. Calling Froning a hypocrite for not using CrossFit Methodology for the CrossFit games does not require a base strength threshold.

What? He's made videos calling basically every CrossFitter a shitty athlete. I never said anything about his calling Froning a hypocrite. Actually, I was more referring to his comments about Castro's deadlifting and squatting, but whatever. I don't like Castro either and I think he's an arrogant prick, but voicing over videos and barely posting videos helping people is a bit retarded. He should've focused on his own lifts and improving himself, not on constantly whining about CrossFitters and how bad they are at lifting.


I think you're watching a different reality from me.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
April 29 2014 01:03 GMT
#1330
Well, for a few weeks I'm pretty much grounded. My car is going to be in the shop so I'll be without it for 2 weeks or so; as I live close enough to work to bike there I can avoid paying for a rental.

Now, my gym is ~30 mins drive away from me, so there's no realistic way that I could go to the gym at anywhere near the frequency I could before until I get my vehicle back. So in the meantime, what can I do?

I mean, there's probably not a lot I can be doing to increase my squats or cleans, etc without a set of weights, but are there other things I can do? I have access to a local park; I have seen some people doing crazy body weight training, but I can't even do a pull up on my own yet (started at 260, down to 212, still very weak in the arms/back) so I don't know if that's really an option....

I'm continuing to do my regular cardio (4.25 miles walk in the morning 5-6 days a week, run 3 times a week).

Any tips would be great
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 29 2014 02:03 GMT
#1331
WTF happened to this thread

on the bulking/dieting down thing, I think the biggest concern should be that trying to gain muscle is not an excuse for becoming a fatass. Without being on gear, putting anything above 20 pounds of lean mass a year is almost impossible (unless you are a motivated 6 foot 160 pound noob or smth). Therefore, your calory surplus should match that and not much more.

I've been doing lean "bulking" for a few weeks and can def done, but I'm centering all my life around it. last week I quit booze until my next powerlifting meet (may 27) and I basically want to get down to 10% bf, mantain weight, and gain as much strength as possible.

Elegant was very funny and a reasonable guy, he never called Fronning a bad athlete (he said he was a sick athlete, but most likely on gear and def not doing crossfit programing from his training)
Nothing wrong with shitting on Castro, making fun of kipping pull ups, or some of the crossfit gyms that resemble planet fitness and Mark Cheng or smth.
The guy didn't pretend to be an incredible powerlifter or anything, he made fun of stuff that was painfully ridiculous.

BP: 137.5kgx3x3 (PR), 100kg x10 x7 x4
Squat: 190kgx1, 170kgx5x5(PR)
10 mins on a bench like this
[image loading]

Tricep push down/curl superset
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
April 29 2014 04:01 GMT
#1332
I want my 182kg back squat again.

.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 29 2014 04:08 GMT
#1333
Quit being a bum and take it then. Got a light sprain in my wrist after catching a clean funny then having a 125kg rugby player crush it with his knee later that day.

Today
Squatz - 70 120 150 170 190 200 210 220 225 228x (flew out of the hole on this one but got owned by the sticking point) then 200x3 205x2 (fail 3rd) 200x3
Some light clean and jerks up to 100 as my wrist allowed
Clean grip snatches up to 80kg
BB Row 3x8 @ 90kg
Weighted planks 10kgx3x60sec

CG snatches are fun and challenging and don't bother my wrist too much. Might do them for a bit just to keep my speed and mobility up while wrist heals
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-29 09:13:55
April 29 2014 09:13 GMT
#1334
On April 29 2014 13:01 funkie wrote:
I want my 182kg back squat again.

.

How much are you squatting currently? And Elginsentisy has every fucking right to point out when pro scrossfitters don't hit depth or can't do a regulation deadlift. That has nothing to do with his PRs.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 29 2014 22:07 GMT
#1335
Very interesting take on the ridiculous grind Hollywood actors have to go through these days:

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/print-view/building-a-bigger-action-hero-20140418
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-30 02:27:05
April 30 2014 01:04 GMT
#1336
I started training this guy from my gym, I have him doing a version of the LSUS cycle. He has really good athletic background (national champ in steeplechase) so he's very disciplined in that sense, and he was starting to get pretty decent at crossfit. Only on week 2 but he claims he has always had really good recovery, so far he's proving it lol. He wants to get to the Crossfit Games, so we made a long term plan for him: for the first year we're gonna focus on building a solid strength/weightlifting base. We basically dropped all cardio longer than 7 min, just doing short high intensity workouts 2-3 times a week for him to maintain his skills (HSPU, muscle ups, etc). Excited to see how it goes!

Yesterday:

Snatch 170x2 185 195 205x (2) 195 200 205x 195 200 205 200 205 210 220x 220x
CJ 220 235 250 260x 235 245 235 245x 235 245
Clean pull 295x3x3

Today:

a.m.
Squat 265 295 315 340x3 325x3 315x3
Sn pull + power snatch 135 x 6 sets
Power clean + 4 push press 185x3 sets

p.m.
sn pull + 5 sec negative + sn + high hang sn 135 155 165 185 200x

http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 30 2014 02:13 GMT
#1337
On April 30 2014 07:07 zatic wrote:
Very interesting take on the ridiculous grind Hollywood actors have to go through these days:

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/print-view/building-a-bigger-action-hero-20140418


Meh. People do very close to that and don't even get paid millions of dollars to do it. It's so tragic to hear about dieting stars who get paid to drop all the extra fat they've been carrying around.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 30 2014 02:36 GMT
#1338
On April 30 2014 11:13 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2014 07:07 zatic wrote:
Very interesting take on the ridiculous grind Hollywood actors have to go through these days:

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/print-view/building-a-bigger-action-hero-20140418


Meh. People do very close to that and don't even get paid millions of dollars to do it. It's so tragic to hear about dieting stars who get paid to drop all the extra fat they've been carrying around.


Yeah, I'd do it for free if they gave me a support crew and the food/supplements.

PC & PP: 95kgx1, 100kgx1 (PR), 90 x1 x2 x1 (tired as shit)

Clean High pulls 100kgx3x3
Clean Deadlift 120kgx5x3
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
April 30 2014 03:17 GMT
#1339
On April 29 2014 18:13 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2014 13:01 funkie wrote:
I want my 182kg back squat again.

.

How much are you squatting currently? And Elginsentisy has every fucking right to point out when pro scrossfitters don't hit depth or can't do a regulation deadlift. That has nothing to do with his PRs.


Nothing, haha.

Haven't squatted in so long. Gonna join a crossfit gym and slowly abuse their equipment to do oly lifts .
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 30 2014 04:02 GMT
#1340
On April 30 2014 10:04 Donkeys wrote:
I started training this guy from my gym, I have him doing a version of the LSUS cycle. He has really good athletic background (national champ in steeplechase) so he's very disciplined in that sense, and he was starting to get pretty decent at crossfit. Only on week 2 but he claims he has always had really good recovery, so far he's proving it lol. He wants to get to the Crossfit Games, so we made a long term plan for him: for the first year we're gonna focus on building a solid strength/weightlifting base. We basically dropped all cardio longer than 7 min, just doing short high intensity workouts 2-3 times a week for him to maintain his skills (HSPU, muscle ups, etc). Excited to see how it goes!

Yesterday:

Snatch 170x2 185 195 205x (2) 195 200 205x 195 200 205 200 205 210 220x 220x
CJ 220 235 250 260x 235 245 235 245x 235 245
Clean pull 295x3x3

Today:

a.m.
Squat 265 295 315 340x3 325x3 315x3
Sn pull + power snatch 135 x 6 sets
Power clean + 4 push press 185x3 sets

p.m.
sn pull + 5 sec negative + sn + high hang sn 135 155 165 185 200x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4STPybiDVs&feature=youtu.be


Strong tights. Post a couple side angle views of your lifts, want to see why you're jumping forward on the snatch (less so on the clean). Coaching a couple lifters myself (except i'm making up the programming lol). Hoping at least one can qualify for the american open this year and the other has a shot to qualify for nationals if she lifts at a meet in time.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 167
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14821
Dewaltoss 172
ZZZero.O 143
firebathero 107
Hyuk 87
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
febbydoto57
NeuroSwarm26
League of Legends
Doublelift3795
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6561
Other Games
summit1g6578
FrodaN2624
fl0m812
mouzStarbuck365
KnowMe255
ToD249
ArmadaUGS156
Mew2King47
Railgan45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1124
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 43
• musti20045 36
• Adnapsc2 15
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen105
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 19m
INu's Battles
14h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.