• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:41
CEST 23:41
KST 06:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8187 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 65

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 173 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 26 2014 16:39 GMT
#1281
On April 26 2014 11:28 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2014 10:46 decafchicken wrote:
Lol I actually press more than you even though you out bench me by a lotttt. Weird.


nah, jerk/push press/ohp are super correlated

OHP doesn't correlate much with bench (as one might think), I think it's good to keep shoulders healthy more than anything. Quit rugby, qualify to the olympics btw, stop being a sissy.


Jerk and ohp are not correlated. There's people like klokov that push press their jerk and then people like Caleb that press 70 and jerk 200.

Hitting people is too fun to quit Rugby. Besides I'd have to sn /cj like 180/220 to qualify.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
April 26 2014 17:20 GMT
#1282
On April 27 2014 01:39 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2014 11:28 GoTuNk! wrote:
On April 26 2014 10:46 decafchicken wrote:
Lol I actually press more than you even though you out bench me by a lotttt. Weird.


nah, jerk/push press/ohp are super correlated

OHP doesn't correlate much with bench (as one might think), I think it's good to keep shoulders healthy more than anything. Quit rugby, qualify to the olympics btw, stop being a sissy.


Jerk and ohp are not correlated. There's people like klokov that push press their jerk and then people like Caleb that press 70 and jerk 200.

Hitting people is too fun to quit Rugby. Besides I'd have to sn /cj like 180/220 to qualify.



Are you still 105 or back down to 94 these days??

Also, first weightlifting meet today :D:D:D:D (Trident Classic in Tacoma, WA if anyone's from around here, I'm the novice 77 with a beard lifting pretty light weights if anyone shows up )
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-26 18:00:46
April 26 2014 17:59 GMT
#1283
On April 27 2014 01:39 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2014 11:28 GoTuNk! wrote:
On April 26 2014 10:46 decafchicken wrote:
Lol I actually press more than you even though you out bench me by a lotttt. Weird.


nah, jerk/push press/ohp are super correlated

OHP doesn't correlate much with bench (as one might think), I think it's good to keep shoulders healthy more than anything. Quit rugby, qualify to the olympics btw, stop being a sissy.


Jerk and ohp are not correlated. There's people like klokov that push press their jerk and then people like Caleb that press 70 and jerk 200.

Hitting people is too fun to quit Rugby. Besides I'd have to sn /cj like 180/220 to qualify.


lol at caleb
meh, that's like 50kg to your total? I don't see how that is no doable if you stop drinking (so lose fat weight) and stop wasting energy on activities that take longer than 5 second to perform.

aren't those numbers too high? I'm quite sure I a saw a bunch of lifters at 94 and 105 doing worse than that.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-26 18:17:09
April 26 2014 18:16 GMT
#1284
Hahahaha I wish I was totalling 350. And I'd have to put up a higher Sinclair than Kendrick Farris, Ian Wilson, norik vardanian, etc.

And I'm around 102kg. #fat
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
April 27 2014 03:34 GMT
#1285
PR GONG

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=497603803695066&set=vb.173575382764578&type=2&theater
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
April 27 2014 14:21 GMT
#1286
On April 11 2014 00:36 Topin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2014 00:40 Topin wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 27 2014 23:40 Topin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2014 08:58 Topin wrote:
eating 1500 (aprox) calories a day for little more than a week... i just want to eat a complete KFC *sigh* also im taking more time to recover T_______T

week 2:
another week... not visible results yet.

about diet:
getting used to the deficit (1500 aprox) im eating more fruits in the nights. boiled eggs almost every day, meat/fish and veggies for protein. for carbs i mainly go for potatos, trying to avoid rice b/c of the calories in comparison. if i want to feel full broccoli man, that shit is massive and almost no calories.

about gym:
time of recovery longer, i feel tired more time after every session. cant add more weight so im trying to maintain my currents lifts. personal victory: dips 3x5 completed =D

mind: im getting tired and having doubts.


week 3:
down 2.5kg aprox....78kg now aprox

diet: same thing. not taking breakfast. having a light lunch and eating to complete my calories intake at night. still at 1500

gym: barely keeping my lifts. changed my grip to mixed in DL and scored a PR 180kg i dont think im going to add weight.

mind: hard to keep motivated T_T


week 4:
77kg
started training bjj again, just going one or two days a week, learning how to balance weights and bjj. fucking fat in my lower belly just doesnt go T_T
starting to doubt if i had muscle behind the fat.

diet: im used now to the diet (1500 +/- 100 calories).

gym: squat: 160kg, decided to deload to prevent injuries.


week 5 and 6:
77kg... hmmm i have been getting more protein (meat/tuna) maybe because of that i haven lose weight idk T_T
belly fat still there, started to do some ab work once a week (Knee/Hip Raise On Parallel Bars) ... i thought this would be "easy" but i got doms the next day, it really surprised because i do squats every week.

gym: will be deloading DL to 160... yesterday i felt awful with 180. also deloaded bech to 100 from 110.
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
April 27 2014 18:56 GMT
#1287
Anyone using myfitnesspal app to track macros?

I'm a little confused. After I typed in my stats and my goals and if it's telling me that my daily goal is for instance 1800 calories, will I reach my goals if I eat around 1800 or do I have to add the ~ -500 calorie deficit?

Also what's a good food source for sodium? Not sure if the table salt I use for my eggs is enough for the daily requirement.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
April 27 2014 20:08 GMT
#1288
I just use it to track calories/macros and ignore the goals it tells me, or you can make up inputs until the requirements meet what your aiming for. I find I have to eat over the recommended amount in order to gain weight, but it's different for everyone. It can be a good baseline while you find out what works for you though. Not really sure about the sodium, I'm surprised you aren't getting enough since that's like the one thing everyone is getting too much of.
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
April 27 2014 20:32 GMT
#1289
On April 28 2014 05:08 Najda wrote:
I just use it to track calories/macros and ignore the goals it tells me, or you can make up inputs until the requirements meet what your aiming for. I find I have to eat over the recommended amount in order to gain weight, but it's different for everyone. It can be a good baseline while you find out what works for you though. Not really sure about the sodium, I'm surprised you aren't getting enough since that's like the one thing everyone is getting too much of.


yeah I just noticed that I did a few mistakes entering the numbers and now I'm close to the recommended amount of sodium, I also don't calculate my salt i spice my eggs and sometimes lunches with so it should be good with that ^^
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
April 27 2014 23:38 GMT
#1290
Use this to estimate how many calories you should be eating http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ and then use myfitnesspal to follow them. Then you can adjust how many calories you should be eating based on how your weight changes over several weeks.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
April 28 2014 04:16 GMT
#1291
you can change the percentages on the website too (carbs / protein / fat).
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
April 28 2014 10:20 GMT
#1292
'nother squat PR: 130 for 5 solid ass reps. Bulking is going well too so time to beast it up for another 3 weeks of bulking, then cutting to 8%.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 28 2014 12:25 GMT
#1293
On April 26 2014 04:48 IgnE wrote:
45 degree angle is preferable. Looking across the plane of the bench obscures some things.

Is that from the side aiming 45 degree down, or from one of the back corners of the bench, if that makes any sense?

Did take a 4 day break from lifting and will record the session today.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
April 28 2014 12:59 GMT
#1294
29 years old now. A night of heavy drinking sets me back so damn much. Drank too much Saturday, completely wasted Sunday, feeling sorry for myself, eating pizza to get over hangover, etc. Monday morning I still have a headache when I exert myself doing my workout. Still completed it at around 75% of my normal lifts. Trying to lose weight, but due to the pizza/beer/drunk food I gained 3 kg (water weight mostly I guess).

Man, I wish I could stop doing this to myself. Every month I repeat the cycle of "why the fuck do I drink?" into not drinking for 2-3 weeks, repeat. Hard when all my friends are drunkards.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 28 2014 13:09 GMT
#1295
On April 28 2014 21:59 SoleSteeler wrote:
29 years old now. A night of heavy drinking sets me back so damn much. Drank too much Saturday, completely wasted Sunday, feeling sorry for myself, eating pizza to get over hangover, etc. Monday morning I still have a headache when I exert myself doing my workout. Still completed it at around 75% of my normal lifts. Trying to lose weight, but due to the pizza/beer/drunk food I gained 3 kg (water weight mostly I guess).


Same age, same goals, same Saturday night. You're not alone :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
April 28 2014 13:21 GMT
#1296
Baby steps, stop with either the pizza or the booze first! (Probably pizza, i know its damn yummy but no just stop!)
Trustworthy-Tony
Profile Joined March 2014
Tanzania187 Posts
April 28 2014 13:27 GMT
#1297
I just found out I missed Klokov visiting a local gym two weeks ago. fml would've loved to go see him lift some weights and shake his hand
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
April 28 2014 13:27 GMT
#1298
When I drink I eat a fuck load. I can't stop. There's a reason I used to weigh 250~ pounds (these days I'm around 180-190 depending on how much I care about my diet). I used to drink a lot, then smash pizzas, sub sandwiches, poutines, etc. Saturday night we just kept ordering meat at a Korean BBQ place with more and more beer/soju... then went to a convenience store and snacks, chocolate bars, beer kept coming. I would rather stop drinking beer than stop eating pizza. Actually, we hadn't had pizza in a month but my wife was hungry, I was hungry/hungover. It just happens sometimes.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 28 2014 16:46 GMT
#1299
On April 28 2014 21:59 SoleSteeler wrote:
29 years old now. A night of heavy drinking sets me back so damn much. Drank too much Saturday, completely wasted Sunday, feeling sorry for myself, eating pizza to get over hangover, etc. Monday morning I still have a headache when I exert myself doing my workout. Still completed it at around 75% of my normal lifts. Trying to lose weight, but due to the pizza/beer/drunk food I gained 3 kg (water weight mostly I guess).

Man, I wish I could stop doing this to myself. Every month I repeat the cycle of "why the fuck do I drink?" into not drinking for 2-3 weeks, repeat. Hard when all my friends are drunkards.


Replace beer with hard liquior (whisky/vodka with diet coke is ok) and skip the pizza. You will be more drunk and keep leaning out.

Leave a 1-2L water bottle in the middle of your bed, so you drink it no matter what, reducing your hangover substantially.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 28 2014 18:27 GMT
#1300
I can say no to candy, fizzy drinks and fast food... But not beer.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 167
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14821
Dewaltoss 172
ZZZero.O 143
firebathero 107
Hyuk 87
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
febbydoto57
NeuroSwarm26
League of Legends
Doublelift3795
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6561
Other Games
summit1g6578
FrodaN2624
fl0m812
mouzStarbuck365
KnowMe255
ToD249
ArmadaUGS156
Mew2King47
Railgan45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1124
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 43
• musti20045 36
• Adnapsc2 15
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen105
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 19m
INu's Battles
14h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.