• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8486 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 64

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 173 Next
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-23 23:46:44
April 23 2014 23:46 GMT
#1261
Ugh, I felt like shit today. I went to the gym to work out and I did a quick warmup on the ergometer for 3x500m at around a 2:08 pace. I finished my last 500m and went straight to the bathroom and almost vomited. Gave myself a migraine and couldn't do anything for the rest of the day. Feeling better now, but I hate getting headaches
autoexec
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States530 Posts
April 24 2014 00:50 GMT
#1262
Yesterday at the gym, I was doing walking bar lunges and I have 265 lbs on there. Some guy I didn't know came up to me and said only two words, "Respect bro", as a was in the middle of my set. First compliment I have ever gotten like that in the gym and it made me realize that I am made some pretty good gains in the past few months :D
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 24 2014 19:50 GMT
#1263
New OHP PR. Hit 110 lbs today for OHP @~146 lbs bodyweight.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 25 2014 08:02 GMT
#1264
I am really out of ideas what to do about my bench. On April 4th I had my first try at 95kg, been stuck there to this day.

- I eat and weigh more than ever in my life
- I have not skipped a workout since Christmas
- I sleep 7+ hours per night
- For a month I have been doing accessory dips, incline bench, and close grip bench
- I have tried resetting only to be stuck at the same weight again
- I have done tons of mobilization and stretching

It actually feels like I am getting weaker every week. Almost a month ago I did 5-5-4 @ 95kg. Yesterday, on a day that couldn't have been more perfect for lifting I couldn't even do 3 reps.
It took me 6 weeks to get past 92.5kg, and now I am already stuck at the next increase for almost as long.

Everything else is progressing reasonably well. Just bench seems impossible.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
April 25 2014 08:40 GMT
#1265
Did you post any form check vids? Maybe you could try a different set/rep scheme.
Official Entusman #21
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 25 2014 12:29 GMT
#1266
On April 25 2014 17:40 infinity21 wrote:
Did you post any form check vids? Maybe you could try a different set/rep scheme.

This. You've probably got some spare kilos to gain just in technique improvements. Also you might be ready to move on to a new template to see some gains
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-25 13:50:16
April 25 2014 13:48 GMT
#1267
Hey guys, I don't think I've posted in the 2014 thread yet so happy new year and good luck with your goals.

Have any of you guys tried ZMA before? And if so do you think it's worth it, currently I take a cheap multivitamin and a fish oil capsule daily. I'm pretty meticulous with my diet so my calorie and protein intake is good, but I definitely should eat more fruit and veg and am trying to work those into my meals more.

I think I'm going to get some blood work done to see if I do have any deficiencies, if it turns out I don't is it still worth using ZMA?

@zatic do you do any pause bench? It's a really nice assistance exercise for bench, I have some friends with very high benches who almost exclusively train with a pause and use pauseless as an assistance exercise.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 25 2014 14:35 GMT
#1268
I take ZMA and melatonin before i go to bed. Helps me sleep better.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
April 25 2014 14:52 GMT
#1269
On April 25 2014 17:02 zatic wrote:
I am really out of ideas what to do about my bench. On April 4th I had my first try at 95kg, been stuck there to this day.

- I eat and weigh more than ever in my life
- I have not skipped a workout since Christmas
- I sleep 7+ hours per night
- For a month I have been doing accessory dips, incline bench, and close grip bench
- I have tried resetting only to be stuck at the same weight again
- I have done tons of mobilization and stretching

It actually feels like I am getting weaker every week. Almost a month ago I did 5-5-4 @ 95kg. Yesterday, on a day that couldn't have been more perfect for lifting I couldn't even do 3 reps.
It took me 6 weeks to get past 92.5kg, and now I am already stuck at the next increase for almost as long.

Everything else is progressing reasonably well. Just bench seems impossible.

Maybe take a deload and then continue? I know that really strong benchers cycle bench in the same way many heavy squatters cycle ttheir squats. Don't just go heavy 24/7.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 25 2014 15:38 GMT
#1270
On April 25 2014 21:29 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2014 17:40 infinity21 wrote:
Did you post any form check vids? Maybe you could try a different set/rep scheme.

This. You've probably got some spare kilos to gain just in technique improvements. Also you might be ready to move on to a new template to see some gains

What angle would be best to record from? I'd really appreciate advice, sure.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 25 2014 16:21 GMT
#1271
from a 45 degree angle i imagine. Gotunk and igne and some of the other people that bench should be able to help, i'm only good for getting things over your head :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 25 2014 17:49 GMT
#1272
On April 26 2014 00:38 zatic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2014 21:29 decafchicken wrote:
On April 25 2014 17:40 infinity21 wrote:
Did you post any form check vids? Maybe you could try a different set/rep scheme.

This. You've probably got some spare kilos to gain just in technique improvements. Also you might be ready to move on to a new template to see some gains

What angle would be best to record from? I'd really appreciate advice, sure.


Sideways. While technique should help, you should know how to make constant progress regardless.

Don't do sets of 5 anymore. do 2-4 weeks of doubles or triples, then the assisance you feel like, and then then tricep pushdowns (10x3, 15x2) every benching session. I assume you bench twice a week and OHP the other.

Start with triples (3x5) at you current 5 rep max, follow with doubles 5 kg heavier (2x5) next session; do not fail any set, if 3x5 is too heavy make it 3x3 etc. After you've done those two session, repeat by adding 2.5kg or by adding more sets (up to 8-10 depending on preference). That should help you PR pretty soon.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 25 2014 19:48 GMT
#1273
45 degree angle is preferable. Looking across the plane of the bench obscures some things.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
April 25 2014 23:43 GMT
#1274
Go higher. fuck 95, go the full 100.

That happened to me a lot. It was mental weight not allowing me to go up from 100kg. I ended up trying 110kg, and finished at 182.

.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 26 2014 00:37 GMT
#1275
Squat 200kgx1, 180kgx3x5(PR)
BP 145kgx1x3, 105kgx12
OHP 50kgx10x2(PR), 6x1
tricep pushdown/hammer curl super set

squatting without pain is incredibly easy, will keep doing all the lame drills/stretchs/muscle massages
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 26 2014 00:45 GMT
#1276
GoTuNk, what's your max OHP? That seems really low for someone with your strength.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 26 2014 01:34 GMT
#1277
On April 26 2014 09:45 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
GoTuNk, what's your max OHP? That seems really low for someone with your strength.


haven't maxed in a while, 75kg for a bunch of triples, 77.5 for a bunch of doubles

yes I am very bad at OHP =(
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-26 01:46:21
April 26 2014 01:46 GMT
#1278
Lol I actually press more than you even though you out bench me by a lotttt. Weird.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 26 2014 02:28 GMT
#1279
On April 26 2014 10:46 decafchicken wrote:
Lol I actually press more than you even though you out bench me by a lotttt. Weird.


nah, jerk/push press/ohp are super correlated

OHP doesn't correlate much with bench (as one might think), I think it's good to keep shoulders healthy more than anything. Quit rugby, qualify to the olympics btw, stop being a sissy.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 26 2014 15:36 GMT
#1280
Quick product review: the Vanilla flavor ON Performance Whey is atrocious for spoon mixing. You get like vanilla pudding at the bottom without fail. I had zero issues with the chocolate. If you use a blender its fine of course.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 257
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 257
BRAT_OK 67
JuggernautJason19
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25423
Mini 428
Hyuk 192
firebathero 175
ggaemo 131
Dewaltoss 68
Mong 47
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 22
Dota 2
Gorgc10023
febbydoto2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
crisheroes1076
Liquid`Hasu766
Other Games
Grubby3125
FrodaN2486
fl0m1079
Beastyqt743
mouzStarbuck189
KnowMe186
Livibee161
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King52
Trikslyr43
ToD33
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• StrangeGG 51
• Adnapsc2 24
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8605
• WagamamaTV299
Other Games
• imaqtpie602
• Shiphtur307
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 38m
INu's Battles
17h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.