• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9549 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 69

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 173 Next
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-02 14:43:13
May 02 2014 14:41 GMT
#1361
You didn't say how you're girlfriend reacted to him so maybe she already did, but if she tells him he makes her uncomfortable and she wants him to leave her alone it'll probably do more than anything you can say. Most guys like that have fragile egos based almost entirely on how others see them so a good ego bruising might help get rid of him. If it still doesn't she can go to the owners, the gym's management will take it much more seriously if she complains about him.

I think you handled it well though, you don't wanna escalate with a guy like that but you also don't want to do nothing or he'll walk all over you.

---------

I'd like some advice on programming. I'm currently running babylover's starting strength mod, which is

+ Show Spoiler +
Day A
3*5 back squats
3*5 bench
3 sets of chin ups
3*5 Pendlay rows / 5*3 power cleans (depending on how I feel/ if any good oly lifters are in since I'm still not great at them)
+ some bicep/back assitance stuff

Day B
3*5 front squats
3*5 miltary press
1*5 deadlift
+tricep assistance stuff


I just run the days back to back and rest when I feel like I need it, which is usually every 3 days. But I'm starting to run into some problems where my 3rd day of squats is just too much and I'll fail sets at weights I should be able to get. Since it's only the intensity of the squats I'm having trouble with I'm reluctant to drop to 2 days in a row so I don't know how I should adapt the routine to make the squat portion less intent.

I was thinking I could either squat only every other day, possibly dropping the front squats entirely or at least doing them less frequently than back squats. Or I could maybe switch the 3rd day to a lighter set, maybe with ~80% of my 5RM. What do you guys think?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 02 2014 15:07 GMT
#1362
On May 02 2014 23:41 Eufouria wrote:
You didn't say how you're girlfriend reacted to him so maybe she already did, but if she tells him he makes her uncomfortable and she wants him to leave her alone it'll probably do more than anything you can say. Most guys like that have fragile egos based almost entirely on how others see them so a good ego bruising might help get rid of him. If it still doesn't she can go to the owners, the gym's management will take it much more seriously if she complains about him.

I think you handled it well though, you don't wanna escalate with a guy like that but you also don't want to do nothing or he'll walk all over you.

---------

I'd like some advice on programming. I'm currently running babylover's starting strength mod, which is

+ Show Spoiler +
Day A
3*5 back squats
3*5 bench
3 sets of chin ups
3*5 Pendlay rows / 5*3 power cleans (depending on how I feel/ if any good oly lifters are in since I'm still not great at them)
+ some bicep/back assitance stuff

Day B
3*5 front squats
3*5 miltary press
1*5 deadlift
+tricep assistance stuff


I just run the days back to back and rest when I feel like I need it, which is usually every 3 days. But I'm starting to run into some problems where my 3rd day of squats is just too much and I'll fail sets at weights I should be able to get. Since it's only the intensity of the squats I'm having trouble with I'm reluctant to drop to 2 days in a row so I don't know how I should adapt the routine to make the squat portion less intent.

I was thinking I could either squat only every other day, possibly dropping the front squats entirely or at least doing them less frequently than back squats. Or I could maybe switch the 3rd day to a lighter set, maybe with ~80% of my 5RM. What do you guys think?


Once you have been at the gym for more than 1-2 months, if you are gonna squat 3x a week you should constantly change weights/rep/sets. That will allow you to keep making gains without "deloads", PRs in the 2-3-6-8 rep range are still PRs (as is doing 5x5, then 5x7 for example, adding 2 extra sets).

Additionally you just might had a shit day, which happens. On those days just lower the weights and do a bit more volume, you should feel great again on your next workout so no need to change anything.

Also, if you do cleans do them first on your workout, as they are the more technically demanding movement. Decaf, Donkeys and Dimsum are exelent oly lifters.
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
May 02 2014 17:23 GMT
#1363
I'll stick to my current volume for another week, but lets say it happens again what rep/set ranges would you recommend I introduce on what days as a starting point? I think once I start introducing different rep/set ranges I'll be able to adjust to what feels good, but I don't really know where to begin in terms of when I should be doing heavier low rep days and when I should be doing lower weight higher rep days. Is there any good reading material you can recommend for me to look more into this myself?

I'll consider moving the power cleans to the start of my workout once I start moving around real weights. Right now my form needs a lot of work so I've just been doing the pendlay rows and then practicing the cleans at the end with lighter weights. Luckily I know a couple of pretty high level oly lifters, at least by UK standards, who train around the same time as me on most days so I can often get in person coaching.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
May 02 2014 18:37 GMT
#1364
Things about today:

bad:
1.- Tired as fuck, but I guess that'll go away with time.
2.- I end up starving so bad, what are some good post-workout meals? I'm going to be working out at 12 to 1:30pm.

good:
1.- Crossfit people are generally good people, they know how to motivate you.
2.- Very open minded people about me doing Oly Lifts in the back of the room.
3.- They complimented my form and told if I competed before or something.
4.- CrossFitBitches are fit as fuck, and sexy-skinny. But they yell too much.
5.- Gym is pretty well equiped with ROGUE stuff, which is nice to lift and throw around.

I love lifting, don't know why I stopped.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 02 2014 19:00 GMT
#1365
About time funkie.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 02 2014 19:16 GMT
#1366
seriously funkie took you long enough.

Last couple days (wrist still hurting which eliminates FS, jerk, and snatch but i can still kind of clean and do clean grip snatch)
Tues
Only had time to squat up to 215

Wed
Clean Grip Snatches - singles and doubles up to 95
Cleans - 100 110 120 130 140 - feels real weird after the CGS lol
BB rows - 3x8 @ 90kg
Clean pulls - 160x3 170x3 175x2x3
Some 10kg weighted planks

Thurs
CGS - Worked up to 105 (over bodyweight, whee!), failed a few attempts at 110
Squats - Up to a quick 200

Today
Squats up to 225 (second time this week!) fail at 230 (should have gone for 227.5 would have gotten it)
DB Rows - 90lb 3x8
Some rotator cuff dumbell work and planks
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-02 19:34:00
May 02 2014 19:32 GMT
#1367
On May 03 2014 02:23 Eufouria wrote:
I'll stick to my current volume for another week, but lets say it happens again what rep/set ranges would you recommend I introduce on what days as a starting point? I think once I start introducing different rep/set ranges I'll be able to adjust to what feels good, but I don't really know where to begin in terms of when I should be doing heavier low rep days and when I should be doing lower weight higher rep days. Is there any good reading material you can recommend for me to look more into this myself?

I'll consider moving the power cleans to the start of my workout once I start moving around real weights. Right now my form needs a lot of work so I've just been doing the pendlay rows and then practicing the cleans at the end with lighter weights. Luckily I know a couple of pretty high level oly lifters, at least by UK standards, who train around the same time as me on most days so I can often get in person coaching.


Go by feel, triples and fives should be your main work sets though. When I feel particuarly strong I just mimic my last workout and add more weight or 1-3 sets, on normal days. I just switch the rep range and try to hit a PR on that new rep range (again, in some sort of weight/rep/set) combination. Btw, sometimes you just feel like doing a particular set so just go and do that (like you really want to do triples for some reason, like today ). When I feel like shit I do sets of 8 with not much weight.

For example, say you hit 100kgx5x5 and felt you were about to die, next time you do back squats do 105kgx3x7, and from there prolly try 110kgx2x8, followed by 110kgx3x5. Now should prolly be good to do 105kgx5x3 at least, and prolly 105kgx5x5. Then 115kgx2x5, etc...
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
May 03 2014 05:01 GMT
#1368
Thursday:

Work from blocks:
2 sn pull + power sn 115x2 135x2 150x2 160x2 170x2
2 cl pull + power clean + dip 155 170 185 195 205

I really like doing blocks now! Using stacked plates is annoying though. I went to a lumber yard and talked to the guy there, he knew weightlifting lol, I can have a pair of low pulling blocks made for like 70 bucks. Pretty good deal!

Friday:

Snatch 135 155 175 185 195 205 210 215x (2) 220x 200 205 210 215x 200 205 210 215x 220x
CJ 185x2 205x2 225 245 250 260x 260 265x 265 275x 275x

Got up to 210 which is my 95% pretty easily with no misses, couldn't stick 215 lol. Still got a good number of reps at 90% or above. I was glad with my CJs, third time I jerk 265 and the jerk felt better than the other times.
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 03 2014 06:41 GMT
#1369
Don't get too cozy with the blocks, if you feel better off the blocks than off the floor than you have some things to work on!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-03 11:02:49
May 03 2014 11:01 GMT
#1370
I just read an article when checking my email that says that some of the mud used in tough mudders contains animal feces in it, and that it can cause bad diarrhea. Just a heads up if any of you guys are thinking about doing it.
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
May 03 2014 11:44 GMT
#1371
On May 03 2014 04:32 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2014 02:23 Eufouria wrote:
I'll stick to my current volume for another week, but lets say it happens again what rep/set ranges would you recommend I introduce on what days as a starting point? I think once I start introducing different rep/set ranges I'll be able to adjust to what feels good, but I don't really know where to begin in terms of when I should be doing heavier low rep days and when I should be doing lower weight higher rep days. Is there any good reading material you can recommend for me to look more into this myself?

I'll consider moving the power cleans to the start of my workout once I start moving around real weights. Right now my form needs a lot of work so I've just been doing the pendlay rows and then practicing the cleans at the end with lighter weights. Luckily I know a couple of pretty high level oly lifters, at least by UK standards, who train around the same time as me on most days so I can often get in person coaching.


Go by feel, triples and fives should be your main work sets though. When I feel particuarly strong I just mimic my last workout and add more weight or 1-3 sets, on normal days. I just switch the rep range and try to hit a PR on that new rep range (again, in some sort of weight/rep/set) combination. Btw, sometimes you just feel like doing a particular set so just go and do that (like you really want to do triples for some reason, like today ). When I feel like shit I do sets of 8 with not much weight.

For example, say you hit 100kgx5x5 and felt you were about to die, next time you do back squats do 105kgx3x7, and from there prolly try 110kgx2x8, followed by 110kgx3x5. Now should prolly be good to do 105kgx5x3 at least, and prolly 105kgx5x5. Then 115kgx2x5, etc...

Alright thanks a lot man I'll try this out.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
May 03 2014 14:01 GMT
#1372
On May 03 2014 20:01 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I just read an article when checking my email that says that some of the mud used in tough mudders contains animal feces in it, and that it can cause bad diarrhea. Just a heads up if any of you guys are thinking about doing it.

I've done it twice and i'm certain there's human faeces in it. Who gives a shit though.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
May 03 2014 14:12 GMT
#1373
On May 03 2014 23:01 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2014 20:01 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I just read an article when checking my email that says that some of the mud used in tough mudders contains animal feces in it, and that it can cause bad diarrhea. Just a heads up if any of you guys are thinking about doing it.

I've done it twice and i'm certain there's human faeces in it. Who gives a shit though.

Humans, apparently
Official Entusman #21
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
May 03 2014 14:34 GMT
#1374
Oh man, the DOMS. so good yet so good. :D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 03 2014 19:27 GMT
#1375
DL 245kgx1, 225kgx2x5, BB Rows 85kgx10x3, 8 pull ups and had to stop, felt my body was about to blow up.

Almost died, I guess I'm being too ambitious. If I add 5kg to my 3x8 rep max, with same technique that's at leaast a 10kg increase in my 1RM so that's all that I need. Will prolly do 215kgx3x8 and decide later for my last heavy deadlift sess.
Technique feels off though, I don't feel as tight as I used to despite being stronger in general.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 04 2014 00:33 GMT
#1376
On May 03 2014 23:12 infinity21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2014 23:01 ShadeR wrote:
On May 03 2014 20:01 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I just read an article when checking my email that says that some of the mud used in tough mudders contains animal feces in it, and that it can cause bad diarrhea. Just a heads up if any of you guys are thinking about doing it.

I've done it twice and i'm certain there's human faeces in it. Who gives a shit though.

Humans, apparently

There was one in the area last year where half the people caught a stomach flu and had vomit and diarrhea for a week.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Akka
Profile Joined August 2010
France291 Posts
May 04 2014 02:00 GMT
#1377
What do you do on the day following a big workout to help with muscle soreness?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
May 04 2014 02:17 GMT
#1378
On May 04 2014 11:00 Akka wrote:
What do you do on the day following a big workout to help with muscle soreness?


Workout again.

The muscle soreness stops happening if you workout consistently for a couple of weeks. But when I do feel it, I actually really enjoy it so it's win/win.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 04 2014 16:11 GMT
#1379
Another weekend spent playing golf and drinking beer at me bro's (blood) place. Thinking about spending all of May on a keto diet to get glorious abs before I go ham completely, but I just dunno if I can take a month without carbs.

We'll see.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
May 04 2014 17:03 GMT
#1380
On May 05 2014 01:11 Osmoses wrote:
Another weekend spent playing golf and drinking beer at me bro's (blood) place. Thinking about spending all of May on a keto diet to get glorious abs before I go ham completely, but I just dunno if I can take a month without carbs.

We'll see.

I´m up for a shred contest. Gonna start my cut in two weeks; ending when I can cut paper with my abs. Are you game?
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.