• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:44
CEST 08:44
KST 15:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8783 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 71

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 173 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 07 2014 19:31 GMT
#1401
I think you are trying to achieve too many things at the same time

I've done daily squatting for a few months, I'm 100% sure is doable if you have good technique and have built yourself into it, but just Squat up to a heavy single daily and then do volume on doubles/triples/fives, doing 3 rep/2 rep/1 rep max daily seems torture to me. I did took sundays off.

If you are serious about olympic lifting, learn good technique and practice it regularly, technique is most important; I wasted a ton of time .

I think you can easily bench/overhead/pull ups (pick one) after every squatting session. Up to you if you do it more frequently or less with more assistance (specially the bench).



funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-08 03:21:20
May 08 2014 03:14 GMT
#1402
Went to the gym and did nothing but weights.

Squat: (set x weight x reps)
1 x 60kg x 5
1 x 80kg x 5
2 x 100kg x 5
1 x 120kg x 5

Press:
3 x 60kg x 5

Deadlift:
3 x 100kg x 5

C&J:
1 x 60kg x 3

Then did some sort of crossfit warm up (out?) which left me tired as fuck.
3 x AirSquats
3 x Half Burpee
80m Run

All of that x 6 in 6 minutes.

Edit: wow just thought that if I can squat 120kg x 5 right now, I can probably do 140/150kg x 1 :o! :D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
KaoReal
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada340 Posts
May 08 2014 06:09 GMT
#1403
On May 08 2014 04:31 GoTuNk! wrote:
I think you are trying to achieve too many things at the same time

I've done daily squatting for a few months, I'm 100% sure is doable if you have good technique and have built yourself into it, but just Squat up to a heavy single daily and then do volume on doubles/triples/fives, doing 3 rep/2 rep/1 rep max daily seems torture to me. I did took sundays off.

If you are serious about olympic lifting, learn good technique and practice it regularly, technique is most important; I wasted a ton of time .

I think you can easily bench/overhead/pull ups (pick one) after every squatting session. Up to you if you do it more frequently or less with more assistance (specially the bench).





Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I thought it might be a bit much. Maybe I can alternate heavy squat days with Olympic practice days, adding a piece of torso work after each? I think that might serve the purpose of daily squatting well enough, i.e. not giving myself a chance to get sore.

What do you mean that you wasted time? Were you doing Olympic lifts without really knowing the technique? I feel like I might be in the same boat, but I'm not sure because I'm self-taught. Maybe I can post some recordings for analysis?
Life can only be understood backwards, but must be lived forward
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 08 2014 07:16 GMT
#1404
It's not a waste of time if you learned something. With lifting in particular you can only learn by doing, and once you've done something wrong you'll know why. I'm still struggling with form because my ego keeps telling me I should lift heavier. And then I hurt myself and I start over.

Pain is the best teacher T.T
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-08 13:59:32
May 08 2014 12:26 GMT
#1405
Curious if this could be a side effect of creatine, as I can't think of anything else notable last evening and it's a recent development in the last few weeks. I played ultimate for roughly 1.5 hrs came home and ate dinner and had a post-workout shake (I've taken one with creatine in the evening with nothing unusual happening before). The entire evening I was really warm and my forehead was sweaty even though it wasn't that warm in the house. I felt perfectly normal and fine otherwise and didn't seem sunburnt in the least. Go to bed as normal but I can't fall asleep and I'm uncomfortably warm. Usually an ice pack on my back works like a charm for when I feel too warm to sleep but I didn't fall asleep until sometime around 2:30 I think. I have a night I can't fall asleep night every few months but this one felt different. Blah. I feel fine right now but the crash is coming lol.

edit for grammar
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-08 13:08:52
May 08 2014 13:06 GMT
#1406
On May 08 2014 15:09 KaoReal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2014 04:31 GoTuNk! wrote:
I think you are trying to achieve too many things at the same time

I've done daily squatting for a few months, I'm 100% sure is doable if you have good technique and have built yourself into it, but just Squat up to a heavy single daily and then do volume on doubles/triples/fives, doing 3 rep/2 rep/1 rep max daily seems torture to me. I did took sundays off.

If you are serious about olympic lifting, learn good technique and practice it regularly, technique is most important; I wasted a ton of time .

I think you can easily bench/overhead/pull ups (pick one) after every squatting session. Up to you if you do it more frequently or less with more assistance (specially the bench).





Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I thought it might be a bit much. Maybe I can alternate heavy squat days with Olympic practice days, adding a piece of torso work after each? I think that might serve the purpose of daily squatting well enough, i.e. not giving myself a chance to get sore.

What do you mean that you wasted time? Were you doing Olympic lifts without really knowing the technique? I feel like I might be in the same boat, but I'm not sure because I'm self-taught. Maybe I can post some recordings for analysis?


I mean I tried to add weight instead of focusing on mastering the bar path (which lead to not adding weight). After I took a break I changed my perspective and made enormous progress.

Take vids and ask decaf/dimsum. FWIW I think it's best to learn the power forms at first, and then start catching low (ideally doing both for a while).

@mordek that happens to me somewhat regularly to me lately, try melotonin. I don't think creatine has nothing to do with it.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 08 2014 14:31 GMT
#1407
On May 08 2014 22:06 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2014 15:09 KaoReal wrote:
On May 08 2014 04:31 GoTuNk! wrote:
I think you are trying to achieve too many things at the same time

I've done daily squatting for a few months, I'm 100% sure is doable if you have good technique and have built yourself into it, but just Squat up to a heavy single daily and then do volume on doubles/triples/fives, doing 3 rep/2 rep/1 rep max daily seems torture to me. I did took sundays off.

If you are serious about olympic lifting, learn good technique and practice it regularly, technique is most important; I wasted a ton of time .

I think you can easily bench/overhead/pull ups (pick one) after every squatting session. Up to you if you do it more frequently or less with more assistance (specially the bench).





Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I thought it might be a bit much. Maybe I can alternate heavy squat days with Olympic practice days, adding a piece of torso work after each? I think that might serve the purpose of daily squatting well enough, i.e. not giving myself a chance to get sore.

What do you mean that you wasted time? Were you doing Olympic lifts without really knowing the technique? I feel like I might be in the same boat, but I'm not sure because I'm self-taught. Maybe I can post some recordings for analysis?


I mean I tried to add weight instead of focusing on mastering the bar path (which lead to not adding weight). After I took a break I changed my perspective and made enormous progress.

Take vids and ask decaf/dimsum. FWIW I think it's best to learn the power forms at first, and then start catching low (ideally doing both for a while).

@mordek that happens to me somewhat regularly to me lately, try melotonin. I don't think creatine has nothing to do with it.


You'll want to do technique work before your exhausted from heavy squats. And yeah that 3rm -> 2rm -> 1rm looks insane, just work up to a 1RM and then back off sets of 2 -3 reps is fine if you're squatting very often. Olympic lifts are hard to do on your own but not impossible to learn, video analysis will help a lot. We'd be more than happy to help you out there.

It's easiest to learn the power forms first because most people have less issue with the pull and extend part of the lift versus the transition under the bar. For that reason I usually emphasize work under the bar a lot more than the power stuff. And yeah it will take a lot of work at lighter weights to see big gains in technique (and there for bigger numbers later).

@mordek - yeah doesnt sound like a creatine problem to me. And +1 for melatonin.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 08 2014 14:33 GMT
#1408
I honestly am out like a light every night between 10-10:30. Just felt weird yesterday evening and couldn't think of anything else noteable other than it was the warmest its been playing ultimate.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 08 2014 14:37 GMT
#1409
Duh you probably forgot to have a cold beer after.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 08 2014 14:41 GMT
#1410
Shoot, I did forget that Might have helped lol
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
May 08 2014 17:12 GMT
#1411
Ok, so I've been having a tightness in this one particular muscle for a while and I can't figure out how to get it to go away, mostly because I'm not exactly sure what it is. It's hard to put in words, so here's a picture to help.

[image loading]

Ok, so from this position, , If I was to take my left knee and move it to the side while keeping the sole of my foot touching the other foot, I would create a kind of figure four type of shape with my knee up. Now, there is a yoga pose where you would be bringing the other foot the opposite direction whie keeping the feet touching (reclined goddess). I can do this alright, but there is a tightness in my right hip, so i can't extend all the way to the floor. In fact, I have been having a problem with this area of my body after runs; there is a dull pain where my leg meets my pelvis on the right side. I noticed the issue I'm asking about cropping up around the same time.

Now, on the other hand, if I were to move my right knee toward the left knee on the ground, I experience large jolt of pain and discomfort just below my glutes. It feels like there are two muscles connected there and I'm about to pull one completely free from the other; it's just a big knot of uncomfortable. I can do the opposite motion completely fine (right knee to ground, bringing my left toward the ground to meet the right). I'm spending every night doing work with this tightness; stretching just to the point of discomfort, holding for 30 secs/min, resting and then trying again with a deeper stretch until I can get the right knee to just about touch my left. Every night, though, it seems to revert to the same big knot, and it doesn't seem to be getting any looser.

I've done some googling, and can't really figure out what it is, and what my problem could be. The closest I got on the problem after my runs was hip flexor tightness; I don't know if I got that wrong and the two problems are related, or if they are two completely separate problems.

Anyone have any experience with anything like this?
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 08 2014 17:20 GMT
#1412
It's pretty tough to understand what you're saying, can you use externally or internally rotation of your hips to help describe it?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
May 08 2014 17:37 GMT
#1413
I guess interior rotation. Another way to understand where the tightness is, it to take your right knee and bring it up toward your chest. If I'm bringing it toward my right shoulder, I'm fine. If I try to bring it toward my opposite shoulder, however, I get a lot of discomfort and tightness on the inside of my right hip and just below my ass on my right hamstring (but only toward the top of the hamstring).

"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
KaoReal
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada340 Posts
May 08 2014 18:09 GMT
#1414
So I just bloodied up my Pendlay bar for the first time... What can I do to clean it? I'm worried about rusting it up if I use any sort of moisture, but the knurling is quite fine and I don't want blood hanging out in there.
Also, as a prevention method, are high socks the general solution?
Life can only be understood backwards, but must be lived forward
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
May 08 2014 19:03 GMT
#1415
@Arisen first issue sounds like hip flexor tightness/cramping, second issue sounds like piriformis. Both are extremely common in people who spend a lot of time sitting down and dont regularly stretch to take care of them.

@kaoreel I would just get a short bristled brush and try to get it out like you would old chalk? If that doesn't work, I would maybe wipe it down with WD-40?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 08 2014 19:12 GMT
#1416
I don't think you're supposed to use wd-40, but that might be for the bearings. But yeah i've usually been able to get it out with with just a brush or paper towel and water or generic cleaner (make sure you dry it).
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
May 08 2014 20:07 GMT
#1417
You can probably use an alcohol pad. Alcohol evaporates much quicker and more cleanly than water does.

Also, @Mordek, I don't know if this is at all related to what your problem is but I've heard that adenosine is what causes your body to regulate your sleep patterns (when residual adenosine is built up in your blood, you start to feel sleepy). Maybe the creatine has altered your adenosine levels and now you can't sleep as well? I'm sure melatonin would work like GoTuNk suggested, but this is more of a possible explanation for why you couldn't sleep. Idk, this is mostly conjecture and bs I've heard, so I wouldn't really take it as scientific.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 08 2014 22:02 GMT
#1418
It's not the creatine.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 08 2014 22:43 GMT
#1419
Thanks all, I figured as much but I really have no idea why I felt so weird. Hopefully tonight is better
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 09 2014 01:26 GMT
#1420
BP: (3 sec pause) 130kgx2x2, 140x2x2, (1sp) 150kgx1

5kg Fatigued PR, 2kg less than my lifetime PR. I've always hit 9-10kg PR at my meets over my fatigued PR's, which is pretty cool. Bar went pretty fast aswell.
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 428
Hyuk 237
Leta 228
Hyun 97
Hm[arnc] 25
Shinee 22
ZergMaN 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 773
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King131
Other Games
summit1g8816
WinterStarcraft507
ArmadaUGS70
Nina64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick778
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream162
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2327
League of Legends
• Rush1413
• Lourlo1138
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 16m
INu's Battles
5h 16m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 16m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 16m
Replay Cast
16h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.