• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:55
CEST 21:55
KST 04:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9602 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 73

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 173 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 10 2014 19:04 GMT
#1441
I think ketos are good for losing fat, but if you are doing strength training you should def load on carbs from time to time (1-2 times a week), switching over doing 2 weeks the first time is ok though. I do eat carbs every time I train now though (and a lot), but avoid them on off days.

Yesterday: Squat 205kgx1, 195kgx2x5 (NO BANDAGES, KNEE IS PERFECT), BP 130kgx2x2, 140x2x2, 150x1
Today: DL 250kgx1, 215kgx3x3, 215kgx2x2

My back is so strong is ridic, my left leg was cramped trough all the deadlifts. The single was easy, forced to wear shoes and not on a wooden platform, so I have no doubt I'll smash my 268kg PR at the meet.

Gotta survive 1 more week of hard training.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 10 2014 19:16 GMT
#1442
Yeah I'm not that hardcore lol, I do eat mostly meat and fats but goddamnit there's free fruit where I work, I can't compete with that shit
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
May 10 2014 19:50 GMT
#1443
20g/day isn't that hard to keep under
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-10 22:53:25
May 10 2014 22:52 GMT
#1444
I was doing 30-40g/day, most of which was covered in veggies and a glass or two of whole milk with breakfast, my fish oil and vitamins. A single medium sized apple has about 25g of carbs, so it makes a huge difference depending on your cap number.

@gotunk a TKD (timed ketogenic diet) eats 30-50g of carbs before working in out in order to produce an insulin spike. A CKD (cyclical ketogenic diet) has 1-2 carb refeeds per week to restore glycogen storage and prevent you from getting too burnt out.

I was actually sort of bulking on keto, which was going awesome for me. I'm sure it would have been impossible if I were a decent weight (~100kg) though.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
May 12 2014 13:44 GMT
#1445
Thanks for all the advice on bench guys! I incorporated what I could. Mostly better, more active shoulder setup, breathing, and speed. Started up from 90kg again which felt really easy last night - hopefully I'll finally break through those damn 95.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
May 12 2014 14:50 GMT
#1446
Random Japanese guy doing back lever at my gym

http://www.beastskills.com/back-lever/

Needless to say, I love this gym
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 12 2014 15:04 GMT
#1447
I'm starting to get the itch to do some extra-curriculars. Contemplating doing a sprint triathlon or just doing some bodyweight stuff again.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
May 12 2014 17:31 GMT
#1448
Sooo at my university campus they often run around giving out goodbags (with ton of flyers obviously) including some free samples and I got a bottle of Coke Zero and a can of "Red Bull Zero Calorie" today. Since I was about to head for the gym I thought why not drink the redbull as a "preworkout" and I was stunned when I looked at the nutritional value on the can it said 0 carbs, 0 fats, 0 protein and 2Kcal for 100ml and pretty much the same for the coke zero so I was wondering if that's bullshit ( I guess not since things like that are probably heavily regulated and controlled) or if there are any "hidden" things in that?

Because otherwise I guess I could treat myself to that once or twice a week to satisfy my thirst for anything other than water and coffee.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 12 2014 17:56 GMT
#1449
Pretty much just aspartame and carbonated water with some caffeine and shit.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 12 2014 18:59 GMT
#1450
Delicious
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
May 12 2014 19:00 GMT
#1451
On May 13 2014 02:56 decafchicken wrote:
Pretty much just aspartame and carbonated water with some caffeine and shit.


but I guess if I want to drink stuff like that once a week it's "better" than regular coke or redbull? I think the taste is quite good.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 12 2014 19:22 GMT
#1452
This is a weird discussion. Why are you asking about whether you can drink Coke Zero or not?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 12 2014 19:24 GMT
#1453
Because the fact that it's delicious at least makes me feel like there's gotta be sugar in there :p
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
May 12 2014 19:25 GMT
#1454
Nope, just chemicals. Glorious, decieving chemicals.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 12 2014 19:29 GMT
#1455
Omnom
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
May 12 2014 20:52 GMT
#1456
Better than regular coke certainly. Aspartame > HFCS
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
May 12 2014 21:15 GMT
#1457
On May 13 2014 05:52 tofucake wrote:
Better than regular coke certainly. Aspartame > HFCS


Aspartame > HFCS > Sugar?

I really hate the taste of almost everything "light". Seems like shitty "workaround".

Been lifting 70kg++ Cleans&Jerks, Did some Clean+5Rep Front Squat today.

Snatches with like 25kg, trying to get the movement right, and building up some strength while catching the bar overhead.

Squatted up until 140kg x 2 x 1. Did some sets at 100kg x 5 (like 3 or 4) and then 120kg x 1 x 5.

Been doing a lot of lifting to get back in the game and try to lose fat, Eating healthy as I can.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
May 12 2014 21:37 GMT
#1458
Let's not get too technical gents. Results come with consistency of doing SOMETHING.

Of course, do whatever is comfortable for you. But really it's about not quitting, and being consistent.
TL+ Member
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-12 21:57:48
May 12 2014 21:57 GMT
#1459
On May 13 2014 06:15 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2014 05:52 tofucake wrote:
Better than regular coke certainly. Aspartame > HFCS


Aspartame > HFCS > Sugar?

I really hate the taste of almost everything "light". Seems like shitty "workaround".

Have to agree with you here funkie. Although, my taste for regular soda came at the weirdest time possible. I am not really sure if this is normal or even really what caused this, but I had a terrible fever about a year and 3 or 4 months ago (106 fever which is pretty close to hospitalization I think) and after the fever I just never liked diet soda again. I don't drink tons of soda anymore (mostly just when I go out cause tap water is kind of gross) and have switched to mostly water with a cup of coffee after school or on the weekends to manage my headaches and get some caffeine.

I am not sure why anyone would say Aspartame is better than sugar or anything though. I'd rather take sugar and know what I'm putting into my body and work around that than the shit that they put in aspartame/diet sodas.
autoexec
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States530 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-12 22:33:41
May 12 2014 22:33 GMT
#1460
I just don't drink sodas. That stuff is so bad for you. Three or four times a year though I will cheat with sweet tea, goodness that stuff is amazing!
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason183
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15495
Artosis 824
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 87
Mind 79
Hyun 38
Bale 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2522
420jenkins596
League of Legends
Doublelift1774
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5968
Khaldor1310
Liquid`Hasu1031
MindelVK9
Other Games
summit1g6284
FrodaN1959
B2W.Neo712
byalli346
ToD215
Railgan38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1286
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix8
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie952
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 5m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.