• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:44
CEST 08:44
KST 15:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8783 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 72

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 173 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 09 2014 12:15 GMT
#1421
Squat 240lb 3x5
Deadlift 305 1x5

Good news: I noticed my form looked really good during warm-up sets of squat. Usually I'm tweaking things here and there which I did but this morning it looked reminiscent of those youtube videos posted here so that was encouraging. Also, I'm getting very close to the weights I was lifting two years ago.

Bad news: Had some form breakdown on squats at the work weight which happens. I was pretty tired by the end of those. Deadlift felt good but the familiar sharp ache came once I was done with the set which is not good. I'll probably take some weight off next week and get video to check form.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
May 09 2014 12:27 GMT
#1422
Hey guys finally managed to record a bench session. This was 95kg 5-3-2. Appreciate any advice, I am still completely stuck at 95 for 2 months now.

+ Show Spoiler +





After another 5 gos at 95kg with zero progress I reset last night to 90kg - which felt pretty easy at least.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 09 2014 12:40 GMT
#1423
Just had a friend link this to me: http://fittish.deadspin.com/vibram-fivefingers-still-stupid-now-culpable-1572955736

I get the humor factor going on here but thought it was hilarious when you read the study and it's conclusion.

Science takes time, and since the advent of Christopher McDougall's best-selling Born to Run (a book based mainly on anecdote that sparked the minimalist footwear revolution), science has discovered that barefoot running can really fuck you up.

"This study showed that increases in bone marrow edema [the precursor to a stress fracture] are more common in subjects who were transitioning to the [Vibram FiveFingers]," concluded this 2013 study.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Akka
Profile Joined August 2010
France291 Posts
May 09 2014 13:14 GMT
#1424
On May 09 2014 21:40 mordek wrote:
Just had a friend link this to me: http://fittish.deadspin.com/vibram-fivefingers-still-stupid-now-culpable-1572955736

I get the humor factor going on here but thought it was hilarious when you read the study and it's conclusion.
Show nested quote +

Science takes time, and since the advent of Christopher McDougall's best-selling Born to Run (a book based mainly on anecdote that sparked the minimalist footwear revolution), science has discovered that barefoot running can really fuck you up.

"This study showed that increases in bone marrow edema [the precursor to a stress fracture] are more common in subjects who were transitioning to the [Vibram FiveFingers]," concluded this 2013 study.


Yeah well, if you've been using super thick soles for all your life and suddenly transition to a super thin sole without any transition period, it doesn't seem strange that you'd get some kind of stress problem. I don't think that it invalidates the idea of using thin soles (I have not had problems with using thinner soles for a very long time whereas I had tons with super thick comfortable top-of-the-notch soles before).
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 09 2014 13:27 GMT
#1425
I completely agree. I found it amusing when it was like "those are stupid, look science ya dumb hippie" and the conclusion is there's a risk to stress fracture if the transition isn't gradual. A truly groundbreaking revelation given to us XD
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 09 2014 13:40 GMT
#1426
Yeah. This is just going to get compounded by that class action lawsuit, people are just going to say "MINIMAL SHOES SO BAD LOOK SCIENCE" when really it's the people that are stupid for transitioning poorly.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 09 2014 13:59 GMT
#1427
On the bright side you can find pairs for a third of what they used to cost
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 09 2014 14:11 GMT
#1428
Yeah...still don't want a pair. They look ridiculous. I could go for a nice pair of zero drop shoes that aren't a creepy glove for my feet though.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 09 2014 14:26 GMT
#1429
I can respect that Currently wearing some NB Minimus and have been happy with them.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
May 09 2014 14:36 GMT
#1430
I love my NB Minimus as well, I have some Adipowers shipping here (From Europe... ) that should be arriving soon and I'll finally have dedicated weightlifting shoes
autoexec
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States530 Posts
May 09 2014 15:20 GMT
#1431
Yeah, I love the NB Minimus. I use it for pretty much anything physical activity related.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 09 2014 18:08 GMT
#1432
@zatic

You are relaxed on the bench, you look to be about to take a nap. First, you need to really get ur upper back tight and arched; have someone put a hand between your scapula, and try to squeeze that hand; that's how your upper back should be arched. Second your breathing, you need to put pressure into your abs, hold your air, and exhale forcefully after the sticking point; it is not about the air, its about maximizing tightness trough the body. Thirdly, I think you need to push out from the bottom as fast as possbile while remaining tight, you are not doing tricep extensions :p

Not sure if you want to learn to drive with your legs, as technique is a bit different, but if you are not, as it seems from vid, you should just be flat footed

And most important, don't lift with help, lower the weight. Missing 1 REP is ok a few times a month, but you are nowhere near where failing reps or lifting with help is productive.

Minimalist shoes or not, I'm not running :p
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
May 09 2014 22:40 GMT
#1433
On May 09 2014 21:27 zatic wrote:
Hey guys finally managed to record a bench session. This was 95kg 5-3-2. Appreciate any advice, I am still completely stuck at 95 for 2 months now.

+ Show Spoiler +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NqhOfPBI0c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIuv3JwEf0E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK4pcC5ask4


After another 5 gos at 95kg with zero progress I reset last night to 90kg - which felt pretty easy at least.

Like GoTunk said, you look pretty comfortable on the bench. I'd focus on getting good leg drive and breaking the bar so your elbows tuck in more.
Official Entusman #21
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 09 2014 23:56 GMT
#1434
I actually think your form looks fine zatic. The problem is something else. If I had to guess I would say you aren't eating enough. What's your chinup/deadlift looking like? Best way to increase bench is put on more mass overall. Your legs are looking skinny.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
May 10 2014 13:51 GMT
#1435
@Zatic you can both get much tighter when you set-up, and eat more. I'd also recommend doing some high rep BB stuff for triceps and chest, that's really helped my bench.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-10 14:36:16
May 10 2014 14:34 GMT
#1436
One week of no carbs complete. This entire day I've felt tired as shit. i drunk my coffee, ate muh sallad and muh fruits and eggs, am not hungry at all but I could probably sleep all weekend.

Also getting pretty sick of chicken. Gonna get some ground beef in there tonight.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
May 10 2014 14:47 GMT
#1437
First week or 2 of keto suck and it feels like you're sick. After that it's glorious and full of bacon. GL.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
May 10 2014 15:29 GMT
#1438
On May 10 2014 23:34 Osmoses wrote:
One week of no carbs complete. This entire day I've felt tired as shit. i drunk my coffee, ate muh sallad and muh fruits and eggs, am not hungry at all but I could probably sleep all weekend.

Also getting pretty sick of chicken. Gonna get some ground beef in there tonight.


If you're predominantly eating chicken, you're doing keto wrong. You should be getting almost as much fat as you're getting proteins, and chicken makes that hard to do.

also wat? fruits are carbs.


IDK if I'm just well adapted to keto, or I'm so tired all the time I don't notice the difference, but I don't feel the same thing other people describe when they quit carbs. If I could afford that much meat, I'd probably eat a CKD pretty much year round.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 10 2014 18:51 GMT
#1439
Yeah I know fruits are carbs but what kind of difference does an apple make really?

I'm eating chicken because I've just bought a whole new livingroom and a car and I'm poor. :p
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
May 10 2014 18:54 GMT
#1440
How hard are you going on Keto? I read the r/keto sub sometimes and there are people going as hard as max 30g carbs per day but that was too sick for me because a single banana already covers that.
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 428
Hyuk 237
Leta 228
Hyun 97
Hm[arnc] 25
Shinee 22
ZergMaN 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 773
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King131
Other Games
summit1g8816
WinterStarcraft507
ArmadaUGS70
Nina64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick778
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream162
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2327
League of Legends
• Rush1413
• Lourlo1138
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 16m
INu's Battles
5h 16m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 16m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 16m
Replay Cast
16h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.