• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9559 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 70

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 173 Next
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
May 04 2014 19:35 GMT
#1381
On May 04 2014 11:17 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2014 11:00 Akka wrote:
What do you do on the day following a big workout to help with muscle soreness?


Workout again.

The muscle soreness stops happening if you workout consistently for a couple of weeks. But when I do feel it, I actually really enjoy it so it's win/win.


I know right! :D

I love that shit.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 04 2014 19:37 GMT
#1382
There are no winners in the game of shred
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
ludic123
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway161 Posts
May 04 2014 20:11 GMT
#1383
Hi eshlow. I bought your book on bodyweight training and in it you recommend training the L-sit on the floor. Thing is, I'm not able to push my body off the floor without equipment but I can do it if I'm using push-up stands. Should I continue trying on the floor or should I train it on the stands until I'm strong enough to do it on the floor?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 04 2014 21:02 GMT
#1384
Hi ludic, you'll have a better chance of your question being answered here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sports/288386-bodyweight-training
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
ludic123
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway161 Posts
May 05 2014 00:02 GMT
#1385
On May 05 2014 06:02 mordek wrote:
Hi ludic, you'll have a better chance of your question being answered here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sports/288386-bodyweight-training


All right. Thanks.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 05 2014 07:08 GMT
#1386
On May 05 2014 02:03 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2014 01:11 Osmoses wrote:
Another weekend spent playing golf and drinking beer at me bro's (blood) place. Thinking about spending all of May on a keto diet to get glorious abs before I go ham completely, but I just dunno if I can take a month without carbs.

We'll see.

I´m up for a shred contest. Gonna start my cut in two weeks; ending when I can cut paper with my abs. Are you game?

You probably have nicer stuff beneath your fat but I'm game. Never done a shred before so any tips are welcome. All I know is stay away from carbs (and salt a week before the finish).
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
May 05 2014 07:20 GMT
#1387
On May 05 2014 16:08 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2014 02:03 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On May 05 2014 01:11 Osmoses wrote:
Another weekend spent playing golf and drinking beer at me bro's (blood) place. Thinking about spending all of May on a keto diet to get glorious abs before I go ham completely, but I just dunno if I can take a month without carbs.

We'll see.

I´m up for a shred contest. Gonna start my cut in two weeks; ending when I can cut paper with my abs. Are you game?

You probably have nicer stuff beneath your fat but I'm game. Never done a shred before so any tips are welcome. All I know is stay away from carbs (and salt a week before the finish).

I would also like some input. Not determined at all yet but I might have little option to gain much more the next couple of months because of work/travel. I have little idea how a cut even works, would love to get a breakdown.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 05 2014 07:55 GMT
#1388
My opinion is that unless you are carrying around a lot of fat you shouldn't cut unless you have a lot of lean body mass. You are probably going to lose a lot of mass and strength and you probably won't look nearly as good as you think, so that by the end all you will have accomplished is setting yourself back a number of months.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Akka
Profile Joined August 2010
France291 Posts
May 05 2014 09:10 GMT
#1389
On May 04 2014 11:17 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2014 11:00 Akka wrote:
What do you do on the day following a big workout to help with muscle soreness?


Workout again.

The muscle soreness stops happening if you workout consistently for a couple of weeks. But when I do feel it, I actually really enjoy it so it's win/win.


It turns out a good Thai massage before the next workout helps a lot too :p
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-05 09:32:07
May 05 2014 09:31 GMT
#1390
On May 05 2014 16:08 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2014 02:03 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On May 05 2014 01:11 Osmoses wrote:
Another weekend spent playing golf and drinking beer at me bro's (blood) place. Thinking about spending all of May on a keto diet to get glorious abs before I go ham completely, but I just dunno if I can take a month without carbs.

We'll see.

I´m up for a shred contest. Gonna start my cut in two weeks; ending when I can cut paper with my abs. Are you game?

You probably have nicer stuff beneath your fat but I'm game. Never done a shred before so any tips are welcome. All I know is stay away from carbs (and salt a week before the finish).

I just take out 300grams of carbs from my diet and I drop fat pretty fast. That means I still have carbs left though (currently bulking on 4900). I add in some cardio. Rest of diet as well as training remains the same, although I might not go as HAM on training (no more triple dropsets on squats).
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 05 2014 10:04 GMT
#1391
On May 05 2014 16:55 IgnE wrote:
My opinion is that unless you are carrying around a lot of fat you shouldn't cut unless you have a lot of lean body mass. You are probably going to lose a lot of mass and strength and you probably won't look nearly as good as you think, so that by the end all you will have accomplished is setting yourself back a number of months.

I fear you may be right, but I'm only planning on going for a month and trying stuff for yourself is the only way to know the truth =)
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 05 2014 14:31 GMT
#1392
On May 05 2014 18:31 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2014 16:08 Osmoses wrote:
On May 05 2014 02:03 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On May 05 2014 01:11 Osmoses wrote:
Another weekend spent playing golf and drinking beer at me bro's (blood) place. Thinking about spending all of May on a keto diet to get glorious abs before I go ham completely, but I just dunno if I can take a month without carbs.

We'll see.

I´m up for a shred contest. Gonna start my cut in two weeks; ending when I can cut paper with my abs. Are you game?

You probably have nicer stuff beneath your fat but I'm game. Never done a shred before so any tips are welcome. All I know is stay away from carbs (and salt a week before the finish).

I just take out 300grams of carbs from my diet and I drop fat pretty fast. That means I still have carbs left though (currently bulking on 4900). I add in some cardio. Rest of diet as well as training remains the same, although I might not go as HAM on training (no more triple dropsets on squats).


Ah i remember the days of 5k calories a day then dropping straight to 3500 for summer. Haven't been that ripped since

On May 05 2014 18:10 Akka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2014 11:17 phyre112 wrote:
On May 04 2014 11:00 Akka wrote:
What do you do on the day following a big workout to help with muscle soreness?


Workout again.

The muscle soreness stops happening if you workout consistently for a couple of weeks. But when I do feel it, I actually really enjoy it so it's win/win.


It turns out a good Thai massage before the next workout helps a lot too :p


I could definitely use these on a daily basis. Especially after rugby. I swear i spent half the game tackling this 300 pound samoan giant on saturday.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 05 2014 14:34 GMT
#1393
I don't know how you do it decaf, I spend 2hr playing ultimate and feel wrecked for the next day or two XD
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
May 05 2014 18:03 GMT
#1394
I got a rather aggressive massage a few days back.(4) My back still is very very sore. Is this at all normal?
autoexec
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States530 Posts
May 05 2014 22:34 GMT
#1395
That subtle brag by decaf there about his rugby game
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 06 2014 01:43 GMT
#1396
On May 06 2014 03:03 Froadac wrote:
I got a rather aggressive massage a few days back.(4) My back still is very very sore. Is this at all normal?


weird, massage should reduce soreness.

Squat 205kgx1, 185kgx3x5(PR)
BP 2sec pause 125x3x2, 135x3x2(PR), 1sp 145kgx1
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
May 06 2014 03:32 GMT
#1397
On May 06 2014 03:03 Froadac wrote:
I got a rather aggressive massage a few days back.(4) My back still is very very sore. Is this at all normal?


I wouldn't put your back and "normal" in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence.

That said, yeah it could be.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
May 06 2014 03:43 GMT
#1398
On May 06 2014 12:32 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2014 03:03 Froadac wrote:
I got a rather aggressive massage a few days back.(4) My back still is very very sore. Is this at all normal?


I wouldn't put your back and "normal" in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence.

That said, yeah it could be.

Haha, you're righ t. It's all muscular though, not skeletal which is where my issues have been as of late.

Things improved today, I was really knotted up and it was effectively destroyed.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 06 2014 03:59 GMT
#1399
On May 06 2014 07:34 autoexec wrote:
That subtle brag by decaf there about his rugby game


There's nothing subtle about the giant lump on my head i took from someones elbow. Or the 40 point loss. Hence all the defense I was playing

Got the clean grip snatch up to 105 a couple times again today but couldn't get 108 to save my life. Don't get why it's so hard!
Cleans up to 152..highest since my wrist injury.
Quick back squat up to 200, felt so heavy even though i did 225 twice last week
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
KaoReal
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada340 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-07 18:11:18
May 07 2014 18:08 GMT
#1400
I'm sort of torn between routines that I want to do: Daily squatting heavy (i.e. Nemesis) and the 3x/week reverse pyramid approach (Leangains). I've been doing Nemesis for a while, but I've noticed that I'm not really satisfied with my upper body aesthetics anymore, so I'm looking to add some heavy benching and chins. I don't want to give up daily squatting because it seems like if I don't squat for a few days, I feel destroyed for a few days after squatting, and that's a cycle I don't like. I'm mostly after aesthetics, but being super strong is awesome, too, and those things go hand in hand. I want to be leaner than I am now, hopefully while gaining strength. With those things in mind, here is what I've come up with:

Day 1: Squat to 1RM (Volcano style: find 3RM, find 2RM, find 1RM) add intensifier (back off sets)
Day 2: Squat to 1RM (Volcano style: find 3RM, find 2RM, find 1RM) add intensifier (back off sets), bench press reverse pyramid
Day 3: Squat to 1RM (Volcano style: find 3RM, find 2RM, find 1RM) add intensifier (back off sets)
Day 4: Squat to 1RM (Volcano style: find 3RM, find 2RM, find 1RM) add intensifier (back off sets), weighted chin ups reverse pyramid
Day 5: Squat to 1RM (Volcano style: find 3RM, find 2RM, find 1RM) add intensifier (back off sets)
Day 6: Squat to 1RM (Volcano style: find 3RM, find 2RM, find 1RM) add intensifier (back off sets), cleans/snatches/deadlifts reverse pyramid for deadlift or volcano style for olympics
Day 7: Squat to 1RM (Volcano style: find 3RM, find 2RM, find 1RM) add intensifier (back off sets)

As per this calculator: http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ I will be treating squat-only days as rest days.
On squat-only days I'll be looking to eat a ~20% calorie deficit, ~25/75 carbs/fat split with 1g/lb bodyweight in protein. On double-duty days, I will be eating a ~20% calorie surplus, ~75/25 carbs/fat split, same protein as before. All this will be done with intermittent fasting. My net calories for the week will be a slight deficit, so I should be losing fat. The higher intake on heavier days, especially with a carb-cycle focused on replenishing glycocen, will hopefully allow me to continue gaining strength, or at least maintaining.

My concerns are that I might be a little pooched after low-calorie days because I will still be squatting heavy, and I'm not sure what lift to do on day 6. I really don't do enough olympic lifting, but I feel like I can't fit daily olympic lifting into my schedule. I don't want to give it up entirely, though. Deadlifts would be good for posterior training, but I heard it messes with olympic lift programming (is that an issue for someone doing olympic lifting as infrequently as me?). Cleans and power cleans, I imagine, work a lot of the same muscles as deadlifts. I like snatches for the shoulder health and flexibility, plus they are just plain fun, and I feel like they're decently hard on the posterior chain.

What are your guys' thoughts on this?
Life can only be understood backwards, but must be lived forward
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 3m
INu's Battles
8h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 3m
Replay Cast
19h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.