• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:52
CEST 09:52
KST 16:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8434 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 75

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 173 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 15 2014 18:20 GMT
#1481
On May 16 2014 02:45 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
So I need to survive untill wednesday. If I do that I will graduate with a 3.7 or 3.8 and internships at E&Y+Deutsche Bank lined up. Studying 90+ hours a week for the last 5 weeks has taken a toll on my lifting, I don't even really get that psyched for it anymore. Kind of feels like everything is less enjoyable when you're chronically tired. Anyone got some tips? I'm really falling apart physically, struggling to stay focussed and write coherently.



and stimulants
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
May 15 2014 18:30 GMT
#1482
if I calculate my macros and Calories required to lose fat in the IIFYM.calculator and it for instance says I need 2,2k calories daily to lose fat, do I have to recalculate them after I've dropped a certain amount of weight or do I just keep eating 2.2k?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-15 18:43:50
May 15 2014 18:33 GMT
#1483
@gotunk i agree to a point with that vid, fight as much as you can and hard as you can but at some point your body/brain needs to recover in some way or another.

On May 16 2014 02:45 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
So I need to survive untill wednesday. If I do that I will graduate with a 3.7 or 3.8 and internships at E&Y+Deutsche Bank lined up. Studying 90+ hours a week for the last 5 weeks has taken a toll on my lifting, I don't even really get that psyched for it anymore. Kind of feels like everything is less enjoyable when you're chronically tired. Anyone got some tips? I'm really falling apart physically, struggling to stay focussed and write coherently.


Your brain needs food and sleep to keep running, take a rest day or sneak in power naps if you need. On the bright side, working out is probably helping your brain get through all the studying. I know you had brain surgery but can you take any stimulants/nootropics?

Speaking of which, anyone have any experience with L-theanine? Apparently it works great with caffeine to increase focus and reduce any side effects and seems safe (naturally occurring in tea). Also anyone have any experience with noopept? Seen a lot of positive reviews and pat mendes just started pimping it on his instagram / the average broz store as a CNS recovery aid and focus enhancer(the only other things he sells are beta alinine and bcaas so it's not like he puts up a bunch of BS products).
http://examine.com/supplements/Theanine/
http://examine.com/supplements/Noopept/

(that site is awesome)
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 15 2014 18:50 GMT
#1484
I've taken piracetam/aniracetam/oxiracetam before but not noopept. They have subtle but noticeable effects over a longer period of time.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
May 15 2014 18:59 GMT
#1485
I was personally very underwhelmed by the nootropics I've taken, but I've a "hard head" so to speak so I can't speak for others. Just be careful.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-15 19:30:34
May 15 2014 19:27 GMT
#1486
On May 16 2014 03:33 decafchicken wrote:
@gotunk i agree to a point with that vid, fight as much as you can and hard as you can but at some point your body/brain needs to recover in some way or another.

Show nested quote +
On May 16 2014 02:45 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
So I need to survive untill wednesday. If I do that I will graduate with a 3.7 or 3.8 and internships at E&Y+Deutsche Bank lined up. Studying 90+ hours a week for the last 5 weeks has taken a toll on my lifting, I don't even really get that psyched for it anymore. Kind of feels like everything is less enjoyable when you're chronically tired. Anyone got some tips? I'm really falling apart physically, struggling to stay focussed and write coherently.


Your brain needs food and sleep to keep running, take a rest day or sneak in power naps if you need. On the bright side, working out is probably helping your brain get through all the studying. I know you had brain surgery but can you take any stimulants/nootropics?

Speaking of which, anyone have any experience with L-theanine? Apparently it works great with caffeine to increase focus and reduce any side effects and seems safe (naturally occurring in tea). Also anyone have any experience with noopept? Seen a lot of positive reviews and pat mendes just started pimping it on his instagram / the average broz store as a CNS recovery aid and focus enhancer(the only other things he sells are beta alinine and bcaas so it's not like he puts up a bunch of BS products).
http://examine.com/supplements/Theanine/
http://examine.com/supplements/Noopept/

(that site is awesome)


There's noopept in my cannibal genius. It's not a "focus aid" in the same way that adderall helps you focus/study, but if I take it regularly (1 pill, 2-3 times/day) for a week, there's a definite boost in my ability to say "here's what I need to get done" and then just make myself do it. Nothing in the short term, and I can't imagine it would have much, if any effect on lifting or recovery. I think I've noticed an increase in my ability to recall details rather than just concepts after studying as well, but nothing that I could quantify so it may just be placebo.

There is also theanine in cannibal genius, and i typically take it alongside a 200mg caffeine pill. Again, nothing I notice in the short term, other than the general stimulant effects, but I feel like genius in general has a decent cumulative effect. I'm not sure what side effects of caffeine you might be talking about.

On May 16 2014 03:30 AsnSensation wrote:
if I calculate my macros and Calories required to lose fat in the IIFYM.calculator and it for instance says I need 2,2k calories daily to lose fat, do I have to recalculate them after I've dropped a certain amount of weight or do I just keep eating 2.2k?


Those calculators are very general. No matter how good the formula they run on is, they can't account for every person everywhere. Eat what it tells you, as a starting point. If you lose weight at the proper rate, great. If you don't lose, drop 100-250 calories per day from that number. If you lose too fast, add 100-250 calories from that number. Repeat as necessary. When weight loss slows, you won't need to bother going through that calculation again - just drop another 100-250 calories from what you were eating when you were losing and carry on.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 15 2014 21:16 GMT
#1487
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2062601-5-star-georgia-recruit-nick-chubb-looks-ridiculously-athletic

What the fuck. 10.62 100m @ 5'11 216

I want better genes.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ragnasaur
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States804 Posts
May 15 2014 23:25 GMT
#1488
Macy's has a sale on jeans right now!

HIIT: 10 mins
DumbBench: 25lbsx10, 30x8, 35x6, 40x6, 45x5x2
Deadlift: 40kgx6, 54x5, 69x5, 82x4, 92x3, 100x4, 109x4
Swimming
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) George Forman doesnt have any fingerprints
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
May 16 2014 00:40 GMT
#1489
Just got a new 45 lb kettlebell! Looking forward to using this for some swings, goblet squats, cleans, snatches, etc.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 16 2014 01:18 GMT
#1490
Last heavy SQ/BP session before the meet.

BP (2sp) 132.5kgx2, 140kgx2, 147.5kgx2(PR), 155kgx1 (PR)



SQ: 200kgx2x2(PR), 140kgx3x3

Almost died on the squats, used every bit of energy I have left.
autoexec
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States530 Posts
May 16 2014 02:00 GMT
#1491
I have discovered the amazing weight gaining ability that is eating a 2 pound burrito every day in addition to what I normally eat. I'm enjoying every bit of it
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 16 2014 12:07 GMT
#1492
Sick lifts gotunk.

When are progress pics due by
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
May 16 2014 13:47 GMT
#1493
On May 16 2014 21:07 mordek wrote:
Sick lifts gotunk.

When are progress pics due by

Let's make it June 11.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 16 2014 14:47 GMT
#1494
What happens on june 12th? :p
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 16 2014 14:52 GMT
#1495
Obviously he took a picture Jan 11
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
May 17 2014 01:39 GMT
#1496
We trained at another gym today, they have 30mm Rogue bars, which is like the cheapest bar they sell... It really irritates me how crossfit gyms here go for the cheaper things, including my gym. Anyway, grip felt weird, it was all good up to 185, 195 but when I put 200+ on for the snatch I felt the turnover weird. Couldn't grip it as I normally do a 28mm.

Snatch 135 155x2 175x2 185 195 205x 205x 205 210x 185x1x4 195x1x2
CJ 185x2 205x2 225x2 235 245 255 265x (foot slipped on the jerk) 265x (missed jerk behind)
Clean + fs + jerk 225 225 225 235 235
Snatch pull 235x3x3

Didn't go really heavy so I added some extra down sets. Ok session.
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
May 18 2014 10:26 GMT
#1497
On June 11 2011 I started lifting, so I'm taking pics then so I can see what I look like 30kg~ heavier. Shall we make it the official date?
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 18 2014 10:50 GMT
#1498
Sure, why not
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
May 18 2014 13:41 GMT
#1499
Crossfit gyms go for Rogue for 2 reasons:
1. Rogue is a CF sponsor and gives discounts to gyms
2. When someone starts a gym, they usually can't afford to invest in all of the best equipment (45 bars are expensive enough, plus plates, kettlebells, dumb bells, ergs, etc)

It usually takes a while for a gym to become profitable, at which point the good ones start upgrading what they can.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
May 18 2014 15:48 GMT
#1500
Got in three rounds of golf this weekend and finally managed to lower my handicap. From 44 to 43, #baylife
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech169
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 387
Leta 286
Dewaltoss 110
sSak 63
Killer 41
Bale 34
ZergMaN 30
NotJumperer 30
Aegong 27
Shinee 14
[ Show more ]
yabsab 11
Noble 9
Sharp 1
League of Legends
JimRising 541
Reynor43
Counter-Strike
byalli0
Other Games
summit1g10567
olofmeister633
Sick196
Happy162
KnowMe24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick763
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1258
• Jankos645
• Stunt471
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 8m
Replay Cast
15h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.