• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:52
CEST 09:52
KST 16:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8434 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 76

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 173 Next
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-18 16:04:17
May 18 2014 16:03 GMT
#1501
On May 18 2014 19:26 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On June 11 2011 I started lifting, so I'm taking pics then so I can see what I look like 30kg~ heavier. Shall we make it the official date?


I'll be moving around that time, so my pictures might be a few days early or a few days late, but I'm good for "the middle of june" in general. Pics won't have changed much though.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 18 2014 19:08 GMT
#1502
On May 18 2014 19:26 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On June 11 2011 I started lifting, so I'm taking pics then so I can see what I look like 30kg~ heavier. Shall we make it the official date?


I'll post a picture on saturday, the day of the meet. Today I weighted in at 86,5kg, and I need to make below 83kg 2 hours before the actual lifting. Because of the short time I will abstain from cutting much water.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 19 2014 16:08 GMT
#1503
Coached my first weightlifting seminar of about ten people. Had no idea what I was doing pretty sure I did lots of rambling but it went really well, looking forward to doing another!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
May 19 2014 18:27 GMT
#1504
Bought my summer semester membership today. Time to lift even harder!
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
May 19 2014 22:01 GMT
#1505
Last heavy day of my cycle before final max out! Hit 100kg again on the snatch today (third time hitting this weight) and 115kg on the CJ, so thats 100% of my sn and 93% of my CJ. First time following my own programming I think it went pretty good. I don't expect huge PRs (or even a PR at all) but both me and my buddy got way more consistent at heavier weights.

We're doing a meet format for our training on Friday, I'll try to go 93/97/102 and 115/120/125. This is my programming for the rest of the week:

Tuesday - 7 snatches at 70%, 5 CJ at 70%, sn/clean pull 3x3 at 95%
Wednesday - work up to opener snatch, 1x3 around that weight. Work up to 1x1 opener CJ
Thursday - off
Friday - max
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-20 03:23:15
May 20 2014 03:22 GMT
#1506
Squat: 140kgx3x3, 160kgx2, 180x1
Walkout 200kg, 225kg, 245kg x 10 secs (I would pick the weight, walk it back, hold it 10 secs and re rack it)
BP: 120kgx3x3, 140kgx1
BP hold 160kg 172.5kg 10 secs (unrack the weight and hold it at the top)

First taper day, don't feel as shitty as I tought I would
Since saturday I haven't eat any carbs, creatine or sugar and plan to continue untill meet day so I can weight in as light as possible without doing actual weight cut (that is warm water bath/sauna and caffeine pills)

I wanna get drunk as much as I want to compete after 5 weeks sober, I'm tired of fucking waiting :p.

@donkeys that seems to heavy, cut the volume on the first day, lift slightly less on 2nd (90-95%) and take an extra day off if you can. if 7 snatches at 70% means 7 singles, then Tuesday is ok, but I'd suggest switching it with wednesday (you want to drop intensity in 1-2 days, then take time off and then crush it)
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 20 2014 12:34 GMT
#1507
Pretty frustrated with my back. Finally up to weights I was at 2 years ago (!!!) and despite a bunch of assistance work, regular chiro visits my SI joint is flaring up again. Deadlifted 310x5, 5lb off my lifetime max for reps, and it felt easy. Within the next half hour the pain came on and got worse throughout the day. Feels better this morning but I just can't deal with this, its the kinda of nagging deep ache that drives you insane
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
May 20 2014 12:38 GMT
#1508
On May 20 2014 21:34 mordek wrote:
Pretty frustrated with my back. Finally up to weights I was at 2 years ago (!!!) and despite a bunch of assistance work, regular chiro visits my SI joint is flaring up again. Deadlifted 310x5, 5lb off my lifetime max for reps, and it felt easy. Within the next half hour the pain came on and got worse throughout the day. Feels better this morning but I just can't deal with this, its the kinda of nagging deep ache that drives you insane

Man, I have EXACTLY the same issue.

Deadlifted 10kg short of my PR from 18 months ago. Felt heavy, but totally doable, and form felt fine too.

Then about an hour later, after workout was finished I wash my hands and suddenly pain shoots up my lower back. It's better today, but still noticeable. It's worst when I try to put on my shoes.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 20 2014 12:53 GMT
#1509
I'm reading over treatment stuff again but I was really hoping I had put this behind me I even spent 2 months in therapy last year and they weren't much help :\
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 20 2014 13:56 GMT
#1510
@gotunk - employ decaf strategy, get drunk before meet to dehydrate self and lose weight + use alcohol as fuel to set PRs

My SI still nags me a little bit, nothing worse than a light ache or so though. Always feels noticeably better after a couple weeks of planks/core and mobility/lax ball rolling then i get lazy again.

Also I've had some pain in my T-spine basically right on the vertebrae for a couple weeks. Not bad and only feel it sometimes and if i press right on it. Can squat pretty pain free on it but I notice it after I rack the bar. Hope i didn't herniate a disc or anything, gonna have my roommate/chiro look at it and might have to get it checked out. Not sure if from rugby or lifting or both.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-20 15:50:33
May 20 2014 15:50 GMT
#1511
On May 20 2014 22:56 decafchicken wrote:
@gotunk - employ decaf strategy, get drunk before meet to dehydrate self and lose weight + use alcohol as fuel to set PRs

My SI still nags me a little bit, nothing worse than a light ache or so though. Always feels noticeably better after a couple weeks of planks/core and mobility/lax ball rolling then i get lazy again.

Also I've had some pain in my T-spine basically right on the vertebrae for a couple weeks. Not bad and only feel it sometimes and if i press right on it. Can squat pretty pain free on it but I notice it after I rack the bar. Hope i didn't herniate a disc or anything, gonna have my roommate/chiro look at it and might have to get it checked out. Not sure if from rugby or lifting or both.


Jamie Lewis mentions a guy on his book that does getting drunk+coffee, but that it is insane even for his standards. I could easily cut weight but with a 2h weight in is kinda scary.

Whenever I've had SI joint discomfort it as always been because of uneven footing/twisting during Squats, so the first thing I'd do is look that everything below can move properly instead of the SI joint itself (ankles, knees, hips and no tight muscles). You need a chiro who can do that, maybe that might help you mordek
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
May 20 2014 18:04 GMT
#1512
Managed to squat 140kg x 8 yesterday.

My legs are still numb lol. So much fun!
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-20 21:05:45
May 20 2014 21:05 GMT
#1513
On May 21 2014 03:04 funkie wrote:
Managed to squat 140kg x 8 yesterday.

My legs are still numb lol. So much fun!


Takes off from the gym for like a year

Complains about how he's letting himself get fat and being lazy.

Comes back and squats 140kg in no time at all.

Funkie Imba.
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
May 20 2014 21:55 GMT
#1514
@gotunk I did what you recommended, worked on my openers today, gonna do singles at 70% tomorrow then thursday off. Lifts felt suuuper easy, I don't miss squatting haha.

Snatch 205x1x3
CJ up to 255
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 20 2014 23:47 GMT
#1515
On May 20 2014 21:34 mordek wrote:
Pretty frustrated with my back. Finally up to weights I was at 2 years ago (!!!) and despite a bunch of assistance work, regular chiro visits my SI joint is flaring up again. Deadlifted 310x5, 5lb off my lifetime max for reps, and it felt easy. Within the next half hour the pain came on and got worse throughout the day. Feels better this morning but I just can't deal with this, its the kinda of nagging deep ache that drives you insane


Do you wear a belt? How do you brace your core when squatting?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
May 21 2014 01:14 GMT
#1516
On May 21 2014 06:05 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2014 03:04 funkie wrote:
Managed to squat 140kg x 8 yesterday.

My legs are still numb lol. So much fun!


Takes off from the gym for like a year

Complains about how he's letting himself get fat and being lazy.

Comes back and squats 140kg in no time at all.

Funkie Imba.


I actually did 162kg, a couple of days ago.

I'm aiming for a month-versary of 180kg and say fuck to the world. .
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-21 02:25:41
May 21 2014 02:20 GMT
#1517
On May 21 2014 06:55 Donkeys wrote:
@gotunk I did what you recommended, worked on my openers today, gonna do singles at 70% tomorrow then thursday off. Lifts felt suuuper easy, I don't miss squatting haha.

Snatch 205x1x3
CJ up to 255


How it should be. Remember to load on creatine/sugar/carbs the night before maxing, you should wake up feeling completely energized (and if you can weight urself, you should be 2-4 pounds heavier than your regular night weight)
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 21 2014 04:08 GMT
#1518
I don't like two days off before a meet, I try to do something even if it's just bar work or 50% or something just to keep in the groove.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 21 2014 13:28 GMT
#1519
On May 21 2014 08:47 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2014 21:34 mordek wrote:
Pretty frustrated with my back. Finally up to weights I was at 2 years ago (!!!) and despite a bunch of assistance work, regular chiro visits my SI joint is flaring up again. Deadlifted 310x5, 5lb off my lifetime max for reps, and it felt easy. Within the next half hour the pain came on and got worse throughout the day. Feels better this morning but I just can't deal with this, its the kinda of nagging deep ache that drives you insane


Do you wear a belt? How do you brace your core when squatting?

I started wearing a belt while deadlifting, which doesn't quite answer your question.

When squatting I try to set up a neutral spine best I can when I unrack with knees bent. Walk out two steps, deep breath and squeezing butt and abs. Maintain internal pressure throughout the lift. No belt but I should definitely try that.

I know my left knee has less range of motion and my left hamstring is not as strong as my right still despite trying to even that out. I may need to not go as deep since I think I'm compensating for the left knee tightness which I'm not sure there's much I can do to correct that with the new acl.

Right now my plan is being more diligent with planks every day and hip stretches.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-21 13:43:49
May 21 2014 13:43 GMT
#1520
Your body is as broken as mine man. My shoulders and left knee are messed up. Makes lifting that much harder some days. I hate it so much because all you want is for your body to be 100 percent again.
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech169
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 387
Leta 286
Dewaltoss 110
sSak 63
Killer 41
Bale 34
ZergMaN 30
NotJumperer 30
Aegong 27
Shinee 14
[ Show more ]
yabsab 11
Noble 9
Sharp 1
League of Legends
JimRising 541
Reynor43
Counter-Strike
byalli0
Other Games
summit1g10567
olofmeister633
Sick196
Happy162
KnowMe24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick763
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1258
• Jankos645
• Stunt471
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 8m
Replay Cast
15h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.