• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:47
CEST 01:47
KST 08:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7423 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 57

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 173 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 10 2014 02:16 GMT
#1121
On April 10 2014 11:03 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 10:48 GoTuNk! wrote:
OHP 75kgx2x7(PR), 75x3 (PR)
PBN 40kgx10x4 (PR)

Upper body keeps getting stronger, skipped front squats cause I'm a pussy and worry about my knees.

Do you have a broken bone or a visible muscle tear??? Just kidding, no shame in being wise / listening to your body or just taking unnecessary risks.


Yeah something felt terribly off, broken joint is a possibility. FS are really optional at this point, I've always made progress with and without em.
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
April 10 2014 03:04 GMT
#1122
Today:

snatch + low hang snatch 145 155 170 180 190 195 200 205x (missed second) 205x
low hang snatch 185x2x2 185x3
Clean + low hang CJ 155 185 205 225 235x 235 225 240
clean w/3 sec pause at knee + jerk 225 230 235
FS 275x2 285x2 295x2 305x2
Klokov press 110x5 115x5 105x5

Klokov press is so fuuuuun.
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
April 10 2014 06:21 GMT
#1123
On April 10 2014 11:03 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 10:48 GoTuNk! wrote:
OHP 75kgx2x7(PR), 75x3 (PR)
PBN 40kgx10x4 (PR)

Upper body keeps getting stronger, skipped front squats cause I'm a pussy and worry about my knees.

Do you have a broken bone or a visible muscle tear??? Just kidding, no shame in being wise / listening to your body or just taking unnecessary risks.


Training around shit instead of skipping out on lifting. That's the way you get PRs!

I'm surprised at that OHP though. It's still impressive - I've only ever seen two or three guys put up more than a plate, but with your bench and core strength I thought it would be higher. Is it not a lift you've spent much time on, or is it just something that's personally challenging to you, or what?
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
April 10 2014 06:58 GMT
#1124
On April 09 2014 05:03 Grobyc wrote:
So I hurt myself somehow yesterday on my last rep of my last set of shoulder dumbbell press at the gym. Did 50x10 -> 55x9 -> 55x8 and on that last rep I felt a small jolt of pain at the base of my neck on the left-ish side, extending halfway up my neck. I've probably never pushed out a rep that hard on that exercise before. My form was perfectly normal and I've never had anything like that happen before. Immediately after I got up my neck felt stiff and pained me every time I twisted or move it more than an inch.

I told myself that I'd go in to the clinic today if it didn't feel better after a night's rest and it feels more or less the same, maybe a tiny bit better, but not by much. So I think I'm gonna go in this afternoon and see what they say. It feels reminiscent of when I spontaneously had a muscle spasm in my neck which was easily the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Doesn't quite as much as that, but a similar area and type of pain.

Anyone gotten something like that before?

+ Show Spoiler +
I didn't bother posting in the injuries thread because I'm going in to the clinic anyways and just wanted some general thoughts

To followup on this,

I felt a lot better yesterday afternoon before heading into town and didn't end up going to the clinic. Took a couple ibuprofen as well and the pain felt 80%+ gone. Woke up today and it's damn near 100% gone. Went to the gym and no problems at all.

Hurray!
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
April 10 2014 11:03 GMT
#1125
Progress pics Here's some progress pics. Been cutting for 5 days now, just gonna say fuck it and bulk again on monday. My photography skills and flexing are atrocious in the front pics, but I think I made some decent progress. 91.9kg in the pics.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-10 14:18:31
April 10 2014 14:15 GMT
#1126
On April 10 2014 15:21 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 11:03 mordek wrote:
On April 10 2014 10:48 GoTuNk! wrote:
OHP 75kgx2x7(PR), 75x3 (PR)
PBN 40kgx10x4 (PR)

Upper body keeps getting stronger, skipped front squats cause I'm a pussy and worry about my knees.

Do you have a broken bone or a visible muscle tear??? Just kidding, no shame in being wise / listening to your body or just taking unnecessary risks.


Training around shit instead of skipping out on lifting. That's the way you get PRs!

I'm surprised at that OHP though. It's still impressive - I've only ever seen two or three guys put up more than a plate, but with your bench and core strength I thought it would be higher. Is it not a lift you've spent much time on, or is it just something that's personally challenging to you, or what?


I used to be bad at overhead press and beyond atrocious at PBN (I had to start with the bar, 30kg hurt my shoulders too much) prolly because I used to bench only until I hit 133kg, because of my technique it doesn't hit shoulders that much; they always hurt though because they were weak, now that I've progressed (abit) this doesn't happen anymore, 75kg was my 1RM.

Also, holy shit

mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 10 2014 14:32 GMT
#1127
On April 10 2014 23:15 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 15:21 phyre112 wrote:
On April 10 2014 11:03 mordek wrote:
On April 10 2014 10:48 GoTuNk! wrote:
OHP 75kgx2x7(PR), 75x3 (PR)
PBN 40kgx10x4 (PR)

Upper body keeps getting stronger, skipped front squats cause I'm a pussy and worry about my knees.

Do you have a broken bone or a visible muscle tear??? Just kidding, no shame in being wise / listening to your body or just taking unnecessary risks.


Training around shit instead of skipping out on lifting. That's the way you get PRs!

I'm surprised at that OHP though. It's still impressive - I've only ever seen two or three guys put up more than a plate, but with your bench and core strength I thought it would be higher. Is it not a lift you've spent much time on, or is it just something that's personally challenging to you, or what?


I used to be bad at overhead press and beyond atrocious at PBN (I had to start with the bar, 30kg hurt my shoulders too much) prolly because I used to bench only until I hit 133kg, because of my technique it doesn't hit shoulders that much; they always hurt though because they were weak, now that I've progressed (abit) this doesn't happen anymore, 75kg was my 1RM.

Also, holy shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JmCOjnsKi4

That is one monster of a man wow. Love the jump at the end.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
April 10 2014 15:36 GMT
#1128
On April 04 2014 00:40 Topin wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 27 2014 23:40 Topin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2014 08:58 Topin wrote:
eating 1500 (aprox) calories a day for little more than a week... i just want to eat a complete KFC *sigh* also im taking more time to recover T_______T

week 2:
another week... not visible results yet.

about diet:
getting used to the deficit (1500 aprox) im eating more fruits in the nights. boiled eggs almost every day, meat/fish and veggies for protein. for carbs i mainly go for potatos, trying to avoid rice b/c of the calories in comparison. if i want to feel full broccoli man, that shit is massive and almost no calories.

about gym:
time of recovery longer, i feel tired more time after every session. cant add more weight so im trying to maintain my currents lifts. personal victory: dips 3x5 completed =D

mind: im getting tired and having doubts.


week 3:
down 2.5kg aprox....78kg now aprox

diet: same thing. not taking breakfast. having a light lunch and eating to complete my calories intake at night. still at 1500

gym: barely keeping my lifts. changed my grip to mixed in DL and scored a PR 180kg i dont think im going to add weight.

mind: hard to keep motivated T_T


week 4:
77kg
started training bjj again, just going one or two days a week, learning how to balance weights and bjj. fucking fat in my lower belly just doesnt go T_T
starting to doubt if i had muscle behind the fat.

diet: im used now to the diet (1500 +/- 100 calories).

gym: squat: 160kg, decided to deload to prevent injuries.
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 10 2014 17:46 GMT
#1129
On April 10 2014 23:32 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 23:15 GoTuNk! wrote:
On April 10 2014 15:21 phyre112 wrote:
On April 10 2014 11:03 mordek wrote:
On April 10 2014 10:48 GoTuNk! wrote:
OHP 75kgx2x7(PR), 75x3 (PR)
PBN 40kgx10x4 (PR)

Upper body keeps getting stronger, skipped front squats cause I'm a pussy and worry about my knees.

Do you have a broken bone or a visible muscle tear??? Just kidding, no shame in being wise / listening to your body or just taking unnecessary risks.


Training around shit instead of skipping out on lifting. That's the way you get PRs!

I'm surprised at that OHP though. It's still impressive - I've only ever seen two or three guys put up more than a plate, but with your bench and core strength I thought it would be higher. Is it not a lift you've spent much time on, or is it just something that's personally challenging to you, or what?


I used to be bad at overhead press and beyond atrocious at PBN (I had to start with the bar, 30kg hurt my shoulders too much) prolly because I used to bench only until I hit 133kg, because of my technique it doesn't hit shoulders that much; they always hurt though because they were weak, now that I've progressed (abit) this doesn't happen anymore, 75kg was my 1RM.

Also, holy shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JmCOjnsKi4

That is one monster of a man wow. Love the jump at the end.

Looked too easy, he coulda done double that np.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-11 16:16:53
April 11 2014 16:16 GMT
#1130
Pulled a rep PR on deadlift today, and it felt easy - probably could have gone for two more, muscle wise, but I'd drank too much water/had too many stimulants and felt nauseous.

Then I fell down the stairs walking out of the gym. Seriously who builds a weight room on a second floor?
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-11 17:25:45
April 11 2014 16:49 GMT
#1131
I went to a gym out of town last week when visiting my dad+stepmom and the weight room was on the second floor as well. It was kind of a maze to get there too, really horrible place for a gym lol
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 11 2014 17:15 GMT
#1132
Managed to find a paragliding school where I can get my license in a city that has one of my gym franchises too. Perfect. Vacation starting tomorrow, the next two weeks will be spent eating a lot, flying all day and gym after lunch in between. Not expecting to break any PRs but it would be nice if I can maintain most over the vacation.

After that it looks grim - Mon-Fri grind work in Greece with 0 free time only to arrive home dead tired Friday night. Hope I can get at least one good workout in on the weekend.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-11 18:51:08
April 11 2014 18:50 GMT
#1133
On April 10 2014 23:15 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 15:21 phyre112 wrote:
On April 10 2014 11:03 mordek wrote:
On April 10 2014 10:48 GoTuNk! wrote:
OHP 75kgx2x7(PR), 75x3 (PR)
PBN 40kgx10x4 (PR)

Upper body keeps getting stronger, skipped front squats cause I'm a pussy and worry about my knees.

Do you have a broken bone or a visible muscle tear??? Just kidding, no shame in being wise / listening to your body or just taking unnecessary risks.


Training around shit instead of skipping out on lifting. That's the way you get PRs!

I'm surprised at that OHP though. It's still impressive - I've only ever seen two or three guys put up more than a plate, but with your bench and core strength I thought it would be higher. Is it not a lift you've spent much time on, or is it just something that's personally challenging to you, or what?


I used to be bad at overhead press and beyond atrocious at PBN (I had to start with the bar, 30kg hurt my shoulders too much) prolly because I used to bench only until I hit 133kg, because of my technique it doesn't hit shoulders that much; they always hurt though because they were weak, now that I've progressed (abit) this doesn't happen anymore, 75kg was my 1RM.

Also, holy shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JmCOjnsKi4



first is was "omg 75 ohp u animal"
then i saw video and jaw dropped.

also zatic can you take people with you when you finished that? wanna fly with me then :D
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 11 2014 19:18 GMT
#1134
On April 12 2014 02:15 zatic wrote:
Managed to find a paragliding school where I can get my license in a city that has one of my gym franchises too. Perfect. Vacation starting tomorrow, the next two weeks will be spent eating a lot, flying all day and gym after lunch in between. Not expecting to break any PRs but it would be nice if I can maintain most over the vacation.

After that it looks grim - Mon-Fri grind work in Greece with 0 free time only to arrive home dead tired Friday night. Hope I can get at least one good workout in on the weekend.

Didn't you fuck your leg up by paragliding? You bettah be caaarefuuul!
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 11 2014 19:22 GMT
#1135
Anyone have the outside of your pinkie fingers get really cold like there's no circulation after lifting? Or know why?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 11 2014 19:27 GMT
#1136
On April 12 2014 04:22 mordek wrote:
Anyone have the outside of your pinkie fingers get really cold like there's no circulation after lifting? Or know why?


Any specific sort of lifting?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-11 19:39:27
April 11 2014 19:30 GMT
#1137
No, I'd just say in general. I'd guess if I didn't do any barbell/dumbbell work it wouldn't happen. I'll notice it while I do heavy dumbbells during the workout.

The more I think about it I think I experience this most of the time but its more noticeable after lifting.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-11 20:06:59
April 11 2014 20:05 GMT
#1138
That sounds mildly troubling; have you informed your doctor? It is very likely nothing but odd sensations of cold/tingling can indicate a variety of nerve issues. The fact that it involves the pinky would lead me to believe that your ulnar nerve might be trapped or irritated somewhere along your arm. Take a rolling pin or something similar to your arm and see if you can't trigger the sensations that way.

The long and short of it is that you should talk to a doctor.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-11 20:20:47
April 11 2014 20:19 GMT
#1139
On April 12 2014 05:05 farvacola wrote:
That sounds mildly troubling; have you informed your doctor? It is very likely nothing but odd sensations of cold/tingling can indicate a variety of nerve issues. The fact that it involves the pinky would lead me to believe that your ulnar nerve might be trapped or irritated somewhere along your arm. Take a rolling pin or something similar to your arm and see if you can't trigger the sensations that way.

The long and short of it is that you should talk to a doctor.

Ok yeah this crossed my mind. I used to have some bad wrist pain that cleared up with some nerve gliding like 2 years ago. I'll ask my doc about it.

I should add it's not a cold sensation, the outside of my pinky fingers are literally colder.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-12 13:02:59
April 12 2014 13:02 GMT
#1140
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Immediately thought of GoTunk.

This was my "goal" weekend. Made some significant progress, but since I can't ever make up my mind I didn't hit 200 lbs, and I didn't hit my lift goals. Still pretty happy with where I am, stayed around the same weight (192, give or take 4 lbs for water) but got a bit leaner. Added weight to every lift, though not as much as I wanted. I think I'm going to wait until the 6 month mark when everyone else is posting progress pics to put them up, especially since my phone doesn't currently have an SD card, so it can't take pics.

I should be able to hit the numbers I had for now by June. 6 months instead of 4 - not a big deal in the long term imo. I knew they were a reach when I wrote them.
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 664
Artosis 543
White-Ra 128
910 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever514
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv125
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe121
PPMD79
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8055
shahzam615
JimRising 438
C9.Mang0328
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.