• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:03
CEST 06:03
KST 13:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8593 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 55

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 173 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 04 2014 15:50 GMT
#1081
On April 05 2014 00:24 hjhy wrote:
any reason you'd use the hg ones for oly lifting and rehbands for squatting specifically? I originally bought the rehbands because i was getting some swelling in my knees, the hg sleeves aren't as thick but I hope they'll still do the job.


You were getting swelling in your knees? That's not good. You should look into that. Would use HG ones for oly lifts cause they're thinner. I scrape my kneesleeves sometimes coming past the knee. Also not moving as much weight.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
hjhy
Profile Joined March 2014
7 Posts
April 04 2014 16:14 GMT
#1082
My patellars aren't aligned with my meniscus properly. I did an MRI which seemed to indicate a cyst, followed up with an arthrogram which didn't show any but at least confirmed my patellar wasn't aligned properly, so I assumed that was the cause as it didn't swell or anything when I was squatting 3-5 times a week but only started after I started doing oly lifting and much longer sessions (5 sets of squats vs snatch/cj/squats). Bought the rehbands and its been fine since then, only trouble is I also bulked up so they're really tight nowadays.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 04 2014 19:05 GMT
#1083
On April 04 2014 22:43 mordek wrote:
I cannot wait for my wrist to get better. Seriously holding back my pressing


Didn't you post something like this week(s) ago? Someone suggested getting wrist wraps (EFS ones, 15 bucks) which allow you to press without ligaments probably.

My knee unexplicably healed, I went from limping (wednesday), to sore knees (yesterday), to completely painless free. Still, gonna be careful and prolly do partial squats today, with not much weight.

I'm incredibly happy
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 04 2014 19:13 GMT
#1084
Yeah I've been wrapping it when I lift. Now it only kinda hurts at a reasonable weight instead of at warm-up weights. Plus when I'm randomly doing other stuff throughout the day. But yeah it's been two weeks not but hand ligament stuff takes at least that long, just annoyed.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 04 2014 19:45 GMT
#1085
On April 05 2014 04:13 mordek wrote:
Yeah I've been wrapping it when I lift. Now it only kinda hurts at a reasonable weight instead of at warm-up weights. Plus when I'm randomly doing other stuff throughout the day. But yeah it's been two weeks not but hand ligament stuff takes at least that long, just annoyed.


oh sorry, I'm baffled it can still hurt after wrapping. Are you wraping really tight?
Have you been massaging/applying heat regularly?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-04 21:21:06
April 04 2014 21:20 GMT
#1086
decaf hg sleeves are on preorder! They should be coming in next week, just shipped from china today!

hjhy, the hg knee sleeves are thinner than the rehbands so it will provide less support. Btw Nat has heard of teamliquid because he knows nazgul from poker hahaha.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
hjhy
Profile Joined March 2014
7 Posts
April 05 2014 00:42 GMT
#1087
yeah that's what I'm a bit worried about. I might wait until one you guys gets them and see if you can post a comparison :D
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 05 2014 17:12 GMT
#1088
Yesterday:

BP 145kgx1x3(PR?), close grip 105kgx8
OHP 50kg x8 x7 x5
tricep/curl superset

Today:

Deadlift: 210kgx3x8 (PR)
BB Rows 80kg x10x3
PU BW x9 x7
BB Finger rolls 80kg x12 x10 x13

stronger than ever, knee is ok, I can def squat if I wrap below the joint. I think I should get rehband knee sleeves though ;d
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-06 07:31:51
April 06 2014 07:31 GMT
#1089
I worked 25 hours this weekend so far; cold is gone though. Time to hit chest. Curious as to how it goes.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 06 2014 14:17 GMT
#1090
Swam and did a little rowing yesterday. I think it was Mordek who said swimming made him really sore? It made my triceps and spinal erectors pretty sore, much sorer than I thought.
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
April 06 2014 14:45 GMT
#1091
Bought a pair of Vibram shoes (the ones with your toes being separated from each other). I find them really awesome and fun. Don't know if they are actually better than actualy shoes but yeah.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
April 07 2014 10:45 GMT
#1092
This cold is wrecking my leg strength Only squatted 120x5 today, wat is dis.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 07 2014 12:11 GMT
#1093
On April 06 2014 23:17 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Swam and did a little rowing yesterday. I think it was Mordek who said swimming made him really sore? It made my triceps and spinal erectors pretty sore, much sorer than I thought.

Yeah man, I was wrecked after like 10 laps with breaks XD

On April 06 2014 23:45 Shelke14 wrote:
Bought a pair of Vibram shoes (the ones with your toes being separated from each other). I find them really awesome and fun. Don't know if they are actually better than actualy shoes but yeah.

I like them. You want to ease into them as your foot/legs are usually not accustomed to fore/midfoot striking. It's so nice not having something bulky on your feet. You do have to watch closer for roots and stuff because you can get some awesome bruises in my personal experience
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 07 2014 14:43 GMT
#1094
Got my lab results back, Cholesterol is pretty low at 125 with HDL at 38 (would like this higher) and LDL at 76. Liver is perfectly healthy by some act of god. Win.

Hopefully can get back to normal lifting this week, between being busy + stomach flu last weekend I only lifted like twice
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 07 2014 15:11 GMT
#1095
I went golfing this weekend. First time this year. Did alright, feels good, and I'm getting calluses on all the places the barbell dont reach.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 07 2014 15:42 GMT
#1096
On April 07 2014 23:43 decafchicken wrote:
Got my lab results back, Cholesterol is pretty low at 125 with HDL at 38 (would like this higher) and LDL at 76. Liver is perfectly healthy by some act of god. Win.

Hopefully can get back to normal lifting this week, between being busy + stomach flu last weekend I only lifted like twice

Isn't HDL at 38 really bad? Time to eat more fish!

(I also need to raise HDL and am struggling to include fish in my diet to the amount I want to)
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 07 2014 18:54 GMT
#1097
That HDL is fairly normal. Hard to get your HDL up real high when you have high levels of testosterone.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 07 2014 19:07 GMT
#1098
On April 08 2014 03:54 IgnE wrote:
That HDL is fairly normal. Hard to get your HDL up real high when you have high levels of testosterone.


but we all know decaf is a wuss, so def has blood problems :p
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 07 2014 19:17 GMT
#1099
Yeah everyone on the pitch calls him low-T.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 07 2014 20:07 GMT
#1100
T-lo
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
NeuroSwarm 172
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 283
hero 60
ZergMaN 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 7
Bale 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1179
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 457
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King204
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick462
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 142
• Berry_CruncH59
• practicex 21
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota251
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush1006
• Stunt175
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 57m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.