• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:03
CEST 06:03
KST 13:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8593 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 56

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 173 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 08 2014 00:45 GMT
#1101
Squat: 190kgx1, 172.5kgx3x8 (PR)
BP 140kgx2x3, 100kgx10 x7 x4 (LOL)
tricep pushdowns

My small nephew added me on fb, he has goku as his profile pic. never been so proud
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
April 08 2014 02:04 GMT
#1102
Today:

am session:
snatch + high hang snatch up to 190
high hang snatch 185x2x2 190x2 195x2 200x
high hang CJ 225 235 240 245 250
clean + high hang CJ 225 235 240

pm session:
320x5 330x4 315x5 300x5
OHP 130x5x2 120x5

That 5th rep with 330 keeps eluding me.
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 08 2014 03:17 GMT
#1103
Blah felt so slow and tired today.

Snatch doubles 90 100 110 115 120 123 125 128x singles at 128 130x
Clean and jerk 70 100 120 140x 140 150 (no jerk)

On April 08 2014 04:07 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2014 03:54 IgnE wrote:
That HDL is fairly normal. Hard to get your HDL up real high when you have high levels of testosterone.


but we all know decaf is a wuss, so def has blood problems :p


First thing doctor said when she walked in was "6'1, 225, covered in blood and bruises from rugby. Your test levels may be dangerously low".
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ii.blitzkrieg
Profile Joined November 2006
Canada1122 Posts
April 08 2014 05:25 GMT
#1104
Finally got my bf% tested, 16.2%. Not far off from my eyeball test of 18%, it's also been a couple weeks and i've dropped a couple pounds so pretty close. Now just have to get that # down a few points.

All in all not bad for bulking ~7 months I guess? So fucking sore/tired right now I just wanna go back to bulking -.-
iloveoov / Flash / Fantasy / Midas / Boxer -BW forever
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
April 08 2014 07:50 GMT
#1105
On April 08 2014 04:17 mordek wrote:
Yeah everyone on the pitch calls him low-T.


I can confirm, anyone who's big enough to play flanker and still chooses to be a back must have low t.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 08 2014 12:19 GMT
#1106
Moved 15 tons of weight last week (Thanks fitocracy stats). Feels good to get back into shape!

Also finally got my Intermediate Bench achievement http://ftcy.me/7YRt5F Now on to 100kg!

I did more shoulder mobilization, ate more, and added incline bench and close grip bench to my program. It is probably a combination of all, but finally my bench is progressing again.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 08 2014 13:57 GMT
#1107
On April 08 2014 16:50 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2014 04:17 mordek wrote:
Yeah everyone on the pitch calls him low-T.


I can confirm, anyone who's big enough to play flanker and still chooses to be a back must have low t.


Hey, I'm playing 8 man this season! (only because the giant Fijian we were bringing over to play 8 man fucked up his visa)
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 08 2014 14:01 GMT
#1108
On April 08 2014 21:19 zatic wrote:
Moved 15 tons of weight last week (Thanks fitocracy stats). Feels good to get back into shape!

Also finally got my Intermediate Bench achievement http://ftcy.me/7YRt5F Now on to 100kg!

I did more shoulder mobilization, ate more, and added incline bench and close grip bench to my program. It is probably a combination of all, but finally my bench is progressing again.

Great to hear, keep it up!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-08 20:14:55
April 08 2014 20:03 GMT
#1109
So I hurt myself somehow yesterday on my last rep of my last set of shoulder dumbbell press at the gym. Did 50x10 -> 55x9 -> 55x8 and on that last rep I felt a small jolt of pain at the base of my neck on the left-ish side, extending halfway up my neck. I've probably never pushed out a rep that hard on that exercise before. My form was perfectly normal and I've never had anything like that happen before. Immediately after I got up my neck felt stiff and pained me every time I twisted or move it more than an inch.

I told myself that I'd go in to the clinic today if it didn't feel better after a night's rest and it feels more or less the same, maybe a tiny bit better, but not by much. So I think I'm gonna go in this afternoon and see what they say. It feels reminiscent of when I spontaneously had a muscle spasm in my neck which was easily the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Doesn't quite as much as that, but a similar area and type of pain.

Anyone gotten something like that before?

+ Show Spoiler +
I didn't bother posting in the injuries thread because I'm going in to the clinic anyways and just wanted some general thoughts
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-09 01:05:34
April 08 2014 21:14 GMT
#1110
On April 09 2014 05:03 Grobyc wrote:
So I hurt myself somehow yesterday on my last rep of my last set of shoulder dumbbell press at the gym. Did 50x10 -> 55x9 -> 55x8 and on that last rep I felt a small jolt of pain at the base of my neck on the left-ish side, extending halfway up my neck. I've probably never pushed out a rep that hard on that exercise before. My form was perfectly normal and I've never had anything like that happen before. Immediately after I got up my neck felt stiff and pained me every time I twisted or move it more than an inch.

I told myself that I'd go in to the clinic today if it didn't feel better after a night's rest and it feels more or less the same, maybe a tiny bit better, but not by much. So I think I'm gonna go in this afternoon and see what they say. It feels reminiscent of when I spontaneously had a muscle spasm in my neck which was easily the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Doesn't quite as much as that, but a similar area and type of pain.

Anyone gotten something like that before?

+ Show Spoiler +
I didn't bother posting in the injuries thread because I'm going in to the clinic anyways and just wanted some general thoughts


aply heat and rub your neck regularly,
do NOT skip gym, see what you can do painlessly, most (all?) movements do not require looking to the side.
I once had something similar, woke up with my entire right side stiff on the neck. Looking to either side cause it to cramp up and hurt; it was cured after a heavy squat session.
Take into consideration I am half insanse and believe broken joints/bones and visible muscle tears (that is, you see blood on the skin) are the only justification for skipping a particular movement (I see nothing wrong with squatting with an arm cast, for example, or doing overhead presses with a fucked up a knee if you wrap it tightly)
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 08 2014 22:19 GMT
#1111
On April 09 2014 06:14 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 05:03 Grobyc wrote:
So I hurt myself somehow yesterday on my last rep of my last set of shoulder dumbbell press at the gym. Did 50x10 -> 55x9 -> 55x8 and on that last rep I felt a small jolt of pain at the base of my neck on the left-ish side, extending halfway up my neck. I've probably never pushed out a rep that hard on that exercise before. My form was perfectly normal and I've never had anything like that happen before. Immediately after I got up my neck felt stiff and pained me every time I twisted or move it more than an inch.

I told myself that I'd go in to the clinic today if it didn't feel better after a night's rest and it feels more or less the same, maybe a tiny bit better, but not by much. So I think I'm gonna go in this afternoon and see what they say. It feels reminiscent of when I spontaneously had a muscle spasm in my neck which was easily the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Doesn't quite as much as that, but a similar area and type of pain.

Anyone gotten something like that before?

+ Show Spoiler +
I didn't bother posting in the injuries thread because I'm going in to the clinic anyways and just wanted some general thoughts


aply heat and rub your neck regularly,
do NOT skip gym, see what you can do painlessly, most (all?) movements do not require looking to the side.
I once had something similar, woke up with my entire right side stiff on the neck. Looking to either said cause it to cramp up and hurt; it was cured after a heavy squat session.
Take into consideration I am half insanse and believe broken joints/bones and visible muscle tears (that is, you see blood on the skin) are the only justification for skipping a particular movement (I see nothing wrong with squatting with an arm cast, for example, or doing overhead presses with a fucked up a knee if you wrap it tightly)


You skip lifts for broken bones? Weak.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 09 2014 01:07 GMT
#1112
On April 09 2014 07:19 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 06:14 GoTuNk! wrote:
On April 09 2014 05:03 Grobyc wrote:
So I hurt myself somehow yesterday on my last rep of my last set of shoulder dumbbell press at the gym. Did 50x10 -> 55x9 -> 55x8 and on that last rep I felt a small jolt of pain at the base of my neck on the left-ish side, extending halfway up my neck. I've probably never pushed out a rep that hard on that exercise before. My form was perfectly normal and I've never had anything like that happen before. Immediately after I got up my neck felt stiff and pained me every time I twisted or move it more than an inch.

I told myself that I'd go in to the clinic today if it didn't feel better after a night's rest and it feels more or less the same, maybe a tiny bit better, but not by much. So I think I'm gonna go in this afternoon and see what they say. It feels reminiscent of when I spontaneously had a muscle spasm in my neck which was easily the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Doesn't quite as much as that, but a similar area and type of pain.

Anyone gotten something like that before?

+ Show Spoiler +
I didn't bother posting in the injuries thread because I'm going in to the clinic anyways and just wanted some general thoughts


aply heat and rub your neck regularly,
do NOT skip gym, see what you can do painlessly, most (all?) movements do not require looking to the side.
I once had something similar, woke up with my entire right side stiff on the neck. Looking to either said cause it to cramp up and hurt; it was cured after a heavy squat session.
Take into consideration I am half insanse and believe broken joints/bones and visible muscle tears (that is, you see blood on the skin) are the only justification for skipping a particular movement (I see nothing wrong with squatting with an arm cast, for example, or doing overhead presses with a fucked up a knee if you wrap it tightly)


You skip lifts for broken bones? Weak.


I have never broken a bone, I'm too strong for that

PC & PP: 80kgx3x5 (PR) (was feeling like shit and I'm still wary of my knee, decided to avoid getting under)
Clean Pulls: 130kgx3x5
PU BW x10 x10 x8
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 09 2014 15:35 GMT
#1113
On April 09 2014 10:07 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 07:19 decafchicken wrote:
On April 09 2014 06:14 GoTuNk! wrote:
On April 09 2014 05:03 Grobyc wrote:
So I hurt myself somehow yesterday on my last rep of my last set of shoulder dumbbell press at the gym. Did 50x10 -> 55x9 -> 55x8 and on that last rep I felt a small jolt of pain at the base of my neck on the left-ish side, extending halfway up my neck. I've probably never pushed out a rep that hard on that exercise before. My form was perfectly normal and I've never had anything like that happen before. Immediately after I got up my neck felt stiff and pained me every time I twisted or move it more than an inch.

I told myself that I'd go in to the clinic today if it didn't feel better after a night's rest and it feels more or less the same, maybe a tiny bit better, but not by much. So I think I'm gonna go in this afternoon and see what they say. It feels reminiscent of when I spontaneously had a muscle spasm in my neck which was easily the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Doesn't quite as much as that, but a similar area and type of pain.

Anyone gotten something like that before?

+ Show Spoiler +
I didn't bother posting in the injuries thread because I'm going in to the clinic anyways and just wanted some general thoughts


aply heat and rub your neck regularly,
do NOT skip gym, see what you can do painlessly, most (all?) movements do not require looking to the side.
I once had something similar, woke up with my entire right side stiff on the neck. Looking to either said cause it to cramp up and hurt; it was cured after a heavy squat session.
Take into consideration I am half insanse and believe broken joints/bones and visible muscle tears (that is, you see blood on the skin) are the only justification for skipping a particular movement (I see nothing wrong with squatting with an arm cast, for example, or doing overhead presses with a fucked up a knee if you wrap it tightly)


You skip lifts for broken bones? Weak.


I have never broken a bone, I'm too strong for that

PC & PP: 80kgx3x5 (PR) (was feeling like shit and I'm still wary of my knee, decided to avoid getting under)
Clean Pulls: 130kgx3x5
PU BW x10 x10 x8


Same, unless you count my nose. That's more of a rearranging parts of my face though.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 09 2014 19:18 GMT
#1114
Today as I was warming up there was a personal trainer next to me, telling two girls in their twenties to eat more salt because most people don't get enough of it.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 09 2014 19:43 GMT
#1115
Where did they possibly hear that haha
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19257 Posts
April 09 2014 20:43 GMT
#1116
Daily recommended intake of salt is like 3 pounds, isn't it? Clearly we all need more salt.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 09 2014 22:18 GMT
#1117
On April 10 2014 05:43 tofucake wrote:
Daily recommended intake of salt is like 3 pounds, isn't it? Clearly we all need more salt.

Maybe if you're a whale and you can't control how much salt water you intake
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 10 2014 01:48 GMT
#1118
OHP 75kgx2x7(PR), 75x3 (PR)
PBN 40kgx10x4 (PR)

Upper body keeps getting stronger, skipped front squats cause I'm a pussy and worry about my knees.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
April 10 2014 01:53 GMT
#1119
On April 10 2014 04:18 Osmoses wrote:
Today as I was warming up there was a personal trainer next to me, telling two girls in their twenties to eat more salt because most people don't get enough of it.


Sometimes you hear things that are just so facepalm stupid it makes it hard not to be that guy that always gives unsolicited advice.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 10 2014 02:03 GMT
#1120
On April 10 2014 10:48 GoTuNk! wrote:
OHP 75kgx2x7(PR), 75x3 (PR)
PBN 40kgx10x4 (PR)

Upper body keeps getting stronger, skipped front squats cause I'm a pussy and worry about my knees.

Do you have a broken bone or a visible muscle tear??? Just kidding, no shame in being wise / listening to your body or just taking unnecessary risks.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
NeuroSwarm 172
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 283
hero 60
ZergMaN 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 7
Bale 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1179
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 457
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King204
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick462
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 142
• Berry_CruncH59
• practicex 21
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota251
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush1006
• Stunt175
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 57m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.