• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:15
CEST 21:15
KST 04:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7817 users

The Injuries Thread - Page 53

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 58 Next
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
September 26 2013 18:52 GMT
#1041
Nah there's no way I'm just going to sit around. I can't even lift the plates without aggravating it so I'll just stick to machines for legs and try to do core workouts. Then I'll hop on the treadmill for some mileage. It just blows not being able to use a barbell. ;_;
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-27 03:14:14
September 27 2013 03:13 GMT
#1042
so knee pain, locking, crunching and popping, particularly when twisting or bending the knee in a squatting position is almost always miniscus tear huh? this shit sucks.
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
September 27 2013 14:48 GMT
#1043
http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/03/cracking-and-popping-and-clicking-oh-my/
May be of interest to you.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-30 10:17:39
September 30 2013 10:17 GMT
#1044
On August 08 2013 00:29 eshlow wrote:
Sigh. Hence the problem of self diagnosis. See an ortho, seriously!


Was tested positive for exertional compartment syndrome. I'm actually very relieved because it means there's finally a possibility of being able to run and jump normally again. Unfortunately I was only tested positive in the right leg with 49, the left leg was around 22. The line for diagnosis and operation is apparently at 30. I had a cold so I couldn't load my legs very hard the days before, they said it could be a possibility why I only got diagnosed for one leg. Also, the test they do here is one where you simply push your toes up on a band, the pain scale is very very low for me there compared to actual jumping. I had a friend do this test and he said he almost cried because of how intense the pain was.
I feel that it's meaningless to only operate the right left as the pain is just as severe in the left. But apparently the call is up to the local orthopedic doctor I only met briefly... So potentially I have to go meet him in two months then get another time for testing in three and then two more months for another time with him and then around six more months for the surgery. Sweden's medical welfare is a terrible joke which requires so much patience.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
October 03 2013 22:50 GMT
#1045
Got diagnosed with a torn labrum that will hopefully be remedied if I go forward with this ortho-surgeon who has recommended I get a Bankart repair done. Not quite thrilled with all this.
The universe created an audience for itself.
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
October 04 2013 00:02 GMT
#1046
im having this problem while DL but just the first lift. i feel really dizzy, i think i almost pass out today after the 1st one but once the barbell touched the floor the rest were normal :s
i thought it was dehydratation but no, also im breathing a lot before start so idk what it could be, maybe i should deload ... better safe than sorry
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-04 03:34:36
October 04 2013 03:33 GMT
#1047
On September 27 2013 03:52 Snuggles wrote:
Nah there's no way I'm just going to sit around. I can't even lift the plates without aggravating it so I'll just stick to machines for legs and try to do core workouts. Then I'll hop on the treadmill for some mileage. It just blows not being able to use a barbell. ;_;

if it's your elbows that hurt, can you do pistols to workout your legs? it'll help keep up your strength in a more functional way than machines.

Topin - maybe it's your diet? getting enough iron?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-04 07:25:42
October 04 2013 07:20 GMT
#1048
On October 04 2013 09:02 Topin wrote:
im having this problem while DL but just the first lift. i feel really dizzy, i think i almost pass out today after the 1st one but once the barbell touched the floor the rest were normal :s
i thought it was dehydratation but no, also im breathing a lot before start so idk what it could be, maybe i should deload ... better safe than sorry


My best guess is Blood Pressure. It happens to me on quite a few lifts - when you have sudden whole body muscle contractions, as in the first rep of a deadlift, your body takes a moment to adapt and in that moment your blood pressure and intra cranial pressure changes drastically. changes what's going on in your brain for a moment, and you lose track of your senses. I typically lose touch first, then my sight goes black, then my tongue goes numb, I get a ringing in my ears, and finally lose my balance.

It happens to me when doing shrugs about half the time, occasionally on deadlifts, when kicking DBs up for incline press almost every time, occasionally on push presses, and almost always when rowing on an erg. It also happens when I haven't eaten much in a day and make any position changes at all. At first I thought it was cool, because the sensation doesn't always go all the way - so often I would get through the tingling body/sight blackout, come back around and not be able to feel anything in my muscles, and just pump out reps like no tomorrow. Then I realized what was going on.

The good news is there are a few things you can do to help. Staying hydrated is good. Eating something an hour or so before you workout will help. Approach movements like deadlifts slowly, don't just yank the bar off the ground, get your body set and your back and hamstrings tight/flexed beforehand. I'm working about as hard from the second I grab the bar right through the hardest part of the lift, to my lockout. Once you get used to the pattern, you'll be able to tell if things are going badly enough that you need to bail on a lift. Be careful getting to that point though, this has been happening to me in my daily life for like eight years. In that time I've only actually passed out three times, although one of them did result in full convulsions/seizure-like episode.

PS this is all personal experience and what you're dealing with may not be the same thing. Even though this is the injuries thread, I'm certainly not the doctor - and if this were something that affected me on squats, I would immediately stop the set. far more dangerous than deadlifting or pressing with it.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
October 04 2013 11:57 GMT
#1049
On October 04 2013 07:50 Mortal wrote:
Got diagnosed with a torn labrum that will hopefully be remedied if I go forward with this ortho-surgeon who has recommended I get a Bankart repair done. Not quite thrilled with all this.

I'm actually kinda familiar with that procedure. Best of luck, hope it fixes everything up!

If you're the kind of person that's in to the details here's a surgical technique (using a particular product).
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
October 04 2013 17:15 GMT
#1050
On October 04 2013 20:57 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2013 07:50 Mortal wrote:
Got diagnosed with a torn labrum that will hopefully be remedied if I go forward with this ortho-surgeon who has recommended I get a Bankart repair done. Not quite thrilled with all this.

I'm actually kinda familiar with that procedure. Best of luck, hope it fixes everything up!

If you're the kind of person that's in to the details here's a surgical technique (using a particular product).

Pretty interesting. I also received a series of links/videos from my surgeon outlining exactly what he'd be doing.
The universe created an audience for itself.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
October 04 2013 20:16 GMT
#1051
On October 05 2013 02:15 Mortal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2013 20:57 mordek wrote:
On October 04 2013 07:50 Mortal wrote:
Got diagnosed with a torn labrum that will hopefully be remedied if I go forward with this ortho-surgeon who has recommended I get a Bankart repair done. Not quite thrilled with all this.

I'm actually kinda familiar with that procedure. Best of luck, hope it fixes everything up!

If you're the kind of person that's in to the details here's a surgical technique (using a particular product).

Pretty interesting. I also received a series of links/videos from my surgeon outlining exactly what he'd be doing.

That's a good sign. I don't think they all do that... but could be normal practice /shrug
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
October 10 2013 08:04 GMT
#1052
When I (try to) squat low with weights, my hip acts a bit strange, it feels as if I'm hitting a nerve and I become numb in my leg for a moment, is this anything to worry about?
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 10 2013 19:55 GMT
#1053
On October 10 2013 17:04 Shauni wrote:
When I (try to) squat low with weights, my hip acts a bit strange, it feels as if I'm hitting a nerve and I become numb in my leg for a moment, is this anything to worry about?


Could be a mobility or flexibility issue, could also be something else.

If you can gain access to a foam roller + stretching I would suggest working on the glutes max/med, It band, hip flexors, quads, adductors and then following it up with some asian squat mobility work
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 10 2013 19:56 GMT
#1054
On October 04 2013 07:50 Mortal wrote:
Got diagnosed with a torn labrum that will hopefully be remedied if I go forward with this ortho-surgeon who has recommended I get a Bankart repair done. Not quite thrilled with all this.


The bright side is you get your injured fixed and can move on with your life of fitness
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
October 13 2013 00:41 GMT
#1055
Arm wrestled my friend last week. I felt nothing after or the next day, but on Monday when I was benching it felt weird. Couldn't do more than 135 and it started to hurt. Couldn't even squat since I couldn't move my arm into the correct position. Rested it... it's in the "inner elbow" area; partially in the lower bicep. Looking it up it's a common injury with arm wrestling. A friend said it happened to him once and it took him 3 weeks to recover. I hope it doesn't take me that long.
BenKen
Profile Joined August 2009
United States860 Posts
October 13 2013 02:18 GMT
#1056
Sorry to hear that man.

I've heard too many horror stories about arm wrestling, so I won't do it now, even if I know i'm twice as strong as the other guy. You never know if someone is just going to be an asshole and do something stupid. Not saying your friend meant to hurt you at all, but in general arm wrestling is a high risk/low reward kind of thing for me.
I deadlift for Aiur
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
October 14 2013 14:46 GMT
#1057
On October 11 2013 04:56 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2013 07:50 Mortal wrote:
Got diagnosed with a torn labrum that will hopefully be remedied if I go forward with this ortho-surgeon who has recommended I get a Bankart repair done. Not quite thrilled with all this.


The bright side is you get your injured fixed and can move on with your life of fitness

That's what I keep reminding myself. I putted around with an injury for way too long, so at least I finally get to progress. Now if only my knee worked...
The universe created an audience for itself.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-16 16:21:56
October 16 2013 16:21 GMT
#1058
On October 13 2013 09:41 SoleSteeler wrote:
Arm wrestled my friend last week. I felt nothing after or the next day, but on Monday when I was benching it felt weird. Couldn't do more than 135 and it started to hurt. Couldn't even squat since I couldn't move my arm into the correct position. Rested it... it's in the "inner elbow" area; partially in the lower bicep. Looking it up it's a common injury with arm wrestling. A friend said it happened to him once and it took him 3 weeks to recover. I hope it doesn't take me that long.


Never ever ever ever arm wrestle. I've seen more injuries from arm wrestling from my friends than from any other physical exercise

Non-painful mobility and soft tissue work to the area would probably be a good idea and very light isolation exercises as well if you can handle that without pain. progress back towards compounds as it improves
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
October 18 2013 17:44 GMT
#1059
I broke my collar bone pretty badly about 2.5-3 years ago which ended up healing pretty quickly within a few weeks and I'm wondering if that's the cause of this pain that I get when I do this one shoulder exercise. I only broke my collar bone on the left side of my body.

I don't know the technical name of the exercise but it's where you lay down on a bench what your head at the end, both hands grab one end of a dumbbell and you dip it down past your head at the end of the bench then bring it back over your face as your straighten your arms out.

This is the only exercise I get this kind of pain with, and it feels like a grinding feel where the collar bone connects to the shoulder bone(s). I get it on both sides of my shoulder even though I only broke the collar bone on the left side. It's not a sore feeling, and I don't feel anything when I have the weight above my face, but it's pretty painful when I go to dip it down back behind my head and bring it back up. I've tried using significantly smaller weights but it still happens, I'm pretty sure I'm not just overextending myself. I've had a couple people look at my form and they say there's nothing wrong with it. I stopped doing them last month because of it, but is this something I should be worried about?
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Mondieu
Profile Joined November 2011
Romania803 Posts
October 21 2013 09:29 GMT
#1060
Hey Grobyc, it's called a Dumbbell Pullover I think. I do those sometimes and it kills my shoulders, I am certainly going to stop doing them. I also have good form on it . It stresses the rotator cuff too much for people with weak shoulders I guess. I advise you to stop doing the exercise all together if pain only comes from that one exercise.

How do you guys deal with shoulder injuries? I get this weird pain in my shoulder, it keeps coming and going. Are there any exercises meant to strengthen your shoulders? Sometimes I feel like the way I sleep on my sides affect them. Some other times I blame the old doors in the house and the way you have to pull them around to actually close them. I am getting extremely paranoid about this. Am thinking of taking a week off. (can't even squat since I read it can lead to shoulder injuries).

tl;dr: need help with shoulder recovery/strengthening . Right now I'm using an anti inflamatory gel, but I'm not sure if it's working, thus I'll just take a break.
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM916
TKL 326
TaKeTV 309
IndyStarCraft 211
BRAT_OK 99
ZombieGrub47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 916
TKL 326
IndyStarCraft 211
MaxPax 165
BRAT_OK 99
UpATreeSC 90
ZombieGrub47
JuggernautJason44
Nathanias 34
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 697
ggaemo 160
White-Ra 136
firebathero 92
Barracks 64
910 51
Killer 27
Bale 25
Trap 24
Shine 21
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 15
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva5457
Counter-Strike
Fnx 762
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8416
crisheroes1946
Liquid`Hasu1612
Trikslyr72
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4047
summit1g2252
singsing1382
Beastyqt924
ceh9605
shahzam439
B2W.Neo357
C9.Mang0180
ArmadaUGS145
KnowMe124
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream396
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 172
• Reevou 7
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 23
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade941
Other Games
• Shiphtur326
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 45m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.