• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:41
CEST 06:41
KST 13:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11229 users

The Injuries Thread - Page 55

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 58 Next
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
November 24 2013 00:41 GMT
#1081
Thanks big relief to hear that... Glad to know it's nothing serious, the stuff I read off random forums have no structure nor anybody who has established themselves as being educated like you.

Of course the first person I go to is my PT buddy but him being busy with studying he nonchalantly tells me to sit on my hand and turn in the opposite direction of the pain and listen to my shoulder 2x 30sec every hour and I'd be fine. Me being in pain I literally thought that a disc had popped and that mobility work was not gonna cut it lol.

I asked him again today after my initial post and he said it could have been from being so exhausted after we went for 1RM on the bench press, continued to bench press for an hour to failure. I don't even understand how that even works. How do I prevent strains from happening?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 24 2013 20:16 GMT
#1082
Thanks eshlow!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
November 24 2013 23:01 GMT
#1083
On November 24 2013 09:41 Snuggles wrote:
Thanks big relief to hear that... Glad to know it's nothing serious, the stuff I read off random forums have no structure nor anybody who has established themselves as being educated like you.

Of course the first person I go to is my PT buddy but him being busy with studying he nonchalantly tells me to sit on my hand and turn in the opposite direction of the pain and listen to my shoulder 2x 30sec every hour and I'd be fine. Me being in pain I literally thought that a disc had popped and that mobility work was not gonna cut it lol.

I asked him again today after my initial post and he said it could have been from being so exhausted after we went for 1RM on the bench press, continued to bench press for an hour to failure. I don't even understand how that even works. How do I prevent strains from happening?


Read my strains article it answers that too:

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/01/on-muscle-strains/

Generally when muscles are fatigued or put into awkward positions. Most specifically in the neck if you deviate it away from neutral with a craned back head during exercises
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
November 24 2013 23:21 GMT
#1084
So I've had a problem with my leg for about 8 years. Back then, I ran track-- I'll assume most of you guys know that on of the risks associated with track is getting spiked, e.g. getting your lower legs or whatever torn up by the spikes on the bottom of track shoes when accidents happen. Anyways, I was running either 200 or 400 and there was a big trip-up and long story short, I got spiked pretty bad across my right shin.

I kept running track until about Junior year in high school when I quit due to academics and stuff. I began to do a little recreational running and stuff, but I began to notice that my shin would feel like it would fall asleep if I ran for a little while. The time for the sensation to start occurring varies quite a bit. If I go running, it starts in like 10 minutes. One day while playing basketball it kicked in pretty fast, but another day it didn't. I feel like it might be getting worse though.

Any suggestion what it might be? Should I go in and see a doctor?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
November 25 2013 04:23 GMT
#1085
Thank you eshlow!!!
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
November 25 2013 06:28 GMT
#1086
On November 25 2013 08:21 ticklishmusic wrote:
So I've had a problem with my leg for about 8 years. Back then, I ran track-- I'll assume most of you guys know that on of the risks associated with track is getting spiked, e.g. getting your lower legs or whatever torn up by the spikes on the bottom of track shoes when accidents happen. Anyways, I was running either 200 or 400 and there was a big trip-up and long story short, I got spiked pretty bad across my right shin.

I kept running track until about Junior year in high school when I quit due to academics and stuff. I began to do a little recreational running and stuff, but I began to notice that my shin would feel like it would fall asleep if I ran for a little while. The time for the sensation to start occurring varies quite a bit. If I go running, it starts in like 10 minutes. One day while playing basketball it kicked in pretty fast, but another day it didn't. I feel like it might be getting worse though.

Any suggestion what it might be? Should I go in and see a doctor?


I'd get it evaluated by an orthopedic doc

Could be any number of nerve related or blood flow related things that you would want to have checked out
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
November 27 2013 01:33 GMT
#1087
Recently (the past month or so) I've been getting a pain in my lower back, right above the ass but usually off to the right side, when lifting the bar out of the rack to squat. My squat isn't affected (I don't think) but it's a quick, sharp (not too severe) pain and I'd like to... avoid it. I think maybe it's my way of unracking the bar, but I get my body as tight as I can and stand up out of the rack. The bar is about 2-3 inches above my nipples. I wonder if that's too low/high and that affects it? I also wonder if I'm unbalancing the bar with my hand position/body position if I usually only feel it on my right side... :S Hmm.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
November 27 2013 06:49 GMT
#1088
On November 27 2013 10:33 SoleSteeler wrote:
Recently (the past month or so) I've been getting a pain in my lower back, right above the ass but usually off to the right side, when lifting the bar out of the rack to squat. My squat isn't affected (I don't think) but it's a quick, sharp (not too severe) pain and I'd like to... avoid it. I think maybe it's my way of unracking the bar, but I get my body as tight as I can and stand up out of the rack. The bar is about 2-3 inches above my nipples. I wonder if that's too low/high and that affects it? I also wonder if I'm unbalancing the bar with my hand position/body position if I usually only feel it on my right side... :S Hmm.


Over the SI joint area?

Google marked pic would help as well as answering the questions in the OP.

Mobility work may be needed. If you have a jolting impact within the past month or two that could also contribute
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
November 27 2013 07:25 GMT
#1089
Ah sorry ill post a pic when i get home from work.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
December 06 2013 01:39 GMT
#1090
Bleh, slipped on the ice at work today carrying my tools and rolled my ankle while falling backwards. Skipped gym today cause I was planning on today legs today. Doesn't feel like it needs any special care, but there's definitely some pain in the ankle when putting weight on my left foot. Figure it'll be feeling better in a couple of days? I don't want to take too many days off but I don't want to be squatting and leg pressing with a bad ankle. Maybe I'll just rotate and do arms or something...
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
December 06 2013 19:34 GMT
#1091
The safe default response is pain-free movement with the affected area. Move your foot around often to help with the healing as long as it's not painful.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
December 10 2013 05:49 GMT
#1092
Anyone ever get RSI or something like that in their left elbow (kb arm) from playing sc2? I never had this before, maybe something to do with my position lately.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 10 2013 20:17 GMT
#1093
On December 10 2013 14:49 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Anyone ever get RSI or something like that in their left elbow (kb arm) from playing sc2? I never had this before, maybe something to do with my position lately.


Nerve glides, massage your muscles, and work on your mobility and pain free ROM
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
January 11 2014 15:01 GMT
#1094
the last 12 hours i have been having pain in both of my knees, today i have gym sessions and idk if i should squat normally or maybe dont do squats and do something else. im in SL btw
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
January 11 2014 16:39 GMT
#1095
Eshlow, I kind of have a question on how to prevent future injuries in my neck. I have cervical scoliosis because of eye problems. It's an unrelated condition, but it caused me to tilt my head as a kid to block one of my eyes and let my dominant eye take over. This causes me to tweak my neck pretty often when I do exercises like overhead pressing. Do you know of any stretches/exercises that could correct this?
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
January 20 2014 05:11 GMT
#1096
Welp, I think I've given myself some RSI tightness in my neck and traps from mouse use. Probably will just stop for a few days.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
r1flEx
Profile Joined October 2012
Belgium256 Posts
January 29 2014 20:13 GMT
#1097
don't know if this is an injury or what it is:
when i play starcraft 2 (left hand keyboard, right hand mouse). after 1 game, my right shoulder feels numb.
I can still do anything with my shoulder but it feels so heavy while moving it

doesn't anyone know what this might be?
i've had this for a while now
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
January 30 2014 23:51 GMT
#1098
On January 12 2014 01:39 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Eshlow, I kind of have a question on how to prevent future injuries in my neck. I have cervical scoliosis because of eye problems. It's an unrelated condition, but it caused me to tilt my head as a kid to block one of my eyes and let my dominant eye take over. This causes me to tweak my neck pretty often when I do exercises like overhead pressing. Do you know of any stretches/exercises that could correct this?


Depends on what type of scoliosis you have.. there's lots of different types, Generally speaking you want to aim for good posture so stretching your neck whatever way to get you into a better or more neutral position without aggravating your neck
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
January 30 2014 23:53 GMT
#1099
On January 20 2014 14:11 Jerubaal wrote:
Welp, I think I've given myself some RSI tightness in my neck and traps from mouse use. Probably will just stop for a few days.


Good posture all the time! And get up and move around during games.

Make sure you're not in an awkward position when playing as well

On January 30 2014 05:13 r1flEx wrote:
don't know if this is an injury or what it is:
when i play starcraft 2 (left hand keyboard, right hand mouse). after 1 game, my right shoulder feels numb.
I can still do anything with my shoulder but it feels so heavy while moving it

doesn't anyone know what this might be?
i've had this for a while now


Same thing as above. You're probabyl in a weird position. You don't want your shoulder to be way forward reaching for the mouse. Put everything in a neutral position.

Check out Kelly Starrett's google presentation on desk posture
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
-VapidSlug-
Profile Joined June 2012
United States108 Posts
February 04 2014 18:58 GMT
#1100
On January 12 2014 01:39 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Eshlow, I kind of have a question on how to prevent future injuries in my neck. I have cervical scoliosis because of eye problems. It's an unrelated condition, but it caused me to tilt my head as a kid to block one of my eyes and let my dominant eye take over. This causes me to tweak my neck pretty often when I do exercises like overhead pressing. Do you know of any stretches/exercises that could correct this?


I would suggest doing as many exercises as possible with a mirror in front of you. It can be EXTREMELY difficult to adjust posture while on the fly, but if you reduce the weight it often allows you to concentrate more on the form.

If necessary, mark two spots on the ground so you know you are facing perfectly perpendicular to the wall, then ensure your head is perfectly straight in the mirror all through the motion--really pay attention to what it feels like to maintain that posture. Personally, after a few weeks of this, I managed to correct a very painful issue in my right shoulder by paying careful attention to its position at all times through an overhead dumbbell press (found out I was adducting my shoulder along transverse plane while externally rotating my hand).

Or.. you could always do the Mike Tyson neck bridges if you are incredibly brave...
Rotting organs ripping grinding, Biological discordance, Birthday equals self abhorrence, Years keep passing aging always, Mutate into vapid slugs
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings134
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 173
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 195
hero 103
sorry 36
Mind 29
Terrorterran 20
Bale 19
ZergMaN 13
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1007
League of Legends
JimRising 709
Counter-Strike
taco 442
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King183
Other Games
summit1g9655
Maynarde201
RuFF_SC2177
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick504
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH261
• Hupsaiya 126
• practicex 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota297
League of Legends
• Rush1268
• Stunt279
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 19m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.