• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:46
CEST 08:46
KST 15:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10671 users

The Injuries Thread - Page 58

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 24 2014 15:12 GMT
#1141
On November 22 2014 11:21 ii.blitzkrieg wrote:
I saw the doc a couple weeks ago for my left bicep. Been hurting whenever I do BO rows or wide grip pull ups really bad, other than that usually feels fine. I stopped doing those and but kept on with main lifts for a couple months and no improvement so anyway, she said I strained the tendon and it was getting inflamed when I slept that's why it hurt in the morning sometimes. She put me on naproxen for a couple weeks and it felt better but now it's still not 100% though I've been resting for some time. She wrote me a referral for acupuncture, said that tendons often respond well to it. Anyone have experience with it?


Find an athlete recommended massage therapist to work on it, as well as doing rehab stretches and strengthening work.
http://www.summitmedicalgroup.com/library/adult_health/sma_biceps_tendonitis_exercises/
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
March 10 2015 13:08 GMT
#1142
I am having a weird issue with my chest right now. I have pain pretty much right in the center of my chest, feels like it's somewhere on the rib cage. It's not that noticeable usually, but during dips yesterday it really hurt like hell.

I can also make that spot on my rib cage audibly crack by overextending my upper back. Anyone an idea what that could be?
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
EpidemicSC
Profile Joined January 2012
United States70 Posts
March 17 2015 09:12 GMT
#1143
On March 10 2015 22:08 zatic wrote:
I am having a weird issue with my chest right now. I have pain pretty much right in the center of my chest, feels like it's somewhere on the rib cage. It's not that noticeable usually, but during dips yesterday it really hurt like hell.

I can also make that spot on my rib cage audibly crack by overextending my upper back. Anyone an idea what that could be?


Not a doctor, but have experienced something similar to what you are talking about. From my experience I would experience that pain when A) I was getting a little sloppy with my form because of tiredness or laziness w/e, putting undue pressure on my chest. Before doing dips make sure to warm up with some close-grip pushups or close-grip bench press. Also make sure your elbows never create less than a 90 degree angle (dont sink too low into your dip) and make sure that you keep your back straight and arms close into your torso (not bowing them out over the dip bars).

OR B) Overworking extension muscles on the front part of your body, and neglecting the flexors. Before, or supersetting your dips, try doing some wide grip pullups, also try and just add them into more of your workouts and it may correct the problem.

The cracking is usually a tendon/ligament being forcibly moved over a bone, although again I'm not sure about this :/

Sorry, hopefully something I said is helpful to you!
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17873 Posts
March 17 2015 13:28 GMT
#1144
On March 17 2015 18:12 EpidemicSC wrote:
The cracking is usually a tendon/ligament being forcibly moved over a bone, although again I'm not sure about this :/
Sorry, hopefully something I said is helpful to you!


i do not think a tendon can cause a cracking noise.
not sure about ligaments though.

what tendons are in that area of the body any way?
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Ero-Sennin
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States756 Posts
March 25 2015 14:09 GMT
#1145
On March 10 2015 22:08 zatic wrote:
I am having a weird issue with my chest right now. I have pain pretty much right in the center of my chest, feels like it's somewhere on the rib cage. It's not that noticeable usually, but during dips yesterday it really hurt like hell.

I can also make that spot on my rib cage audibly crack by overextending my upper back. Anyone an idea what that could be?


Could be the costal cartilage of the ribs making that sound. Sometimes that area can get inflamed which is then referred to as costochondritis, but I doubt it's at that point already if you are just now experiencing some discomfort. I'd just watch what you do in the gym and if you're doing anything that makes it hurt worse than what it already is, just back off for now.

If you notice any difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, or any other symptoms pop up, you may want to get it checked out but I think you'll be fine once you take it easy a bit.
Luck makes talent look like genius.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 13 2015 13:34 GMT
#1146
Curious if anyone has any thoughts on this. I've been working on hip/SI region discomfort stuff for awhile. Been working on pelvic stability and glute activation etc.

I've found I can create the "bad feeling" in my SI region by loading my left leg and then leaning left like you see people doing those side bends or whatever, so not straight hinging on my left hip but curling over. Pretty consistently creates the irritation so I'm going to stop now. Does that tell anyone anything? Just curious as I try to pinpoint this stuff. By the way doing this with the right leg has no problems.

Also, a weighted sidelying clamshell movement (like trying to move heavy sheets with your leg in bed lol) feels pretty similar to how my hips feel after going to hard playing ultimate, like the bad muscle lockdown feeling.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 56 57 58
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 173
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 643
hero 564
BeSt 272
Hyuk 83
Mind 35
Bale 24
Noble 18
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1027
XaKoH 225
League of Legends
JimRising 611
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g9360
ceh9238
Livibee69
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick530
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH369
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Rush1363
• Stunt564
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 14m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 14m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.