• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:51
CEST 05:51
KST 12:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10149 users

The Injuries Thread - Page 56

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 Next
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
February 10 2014 04:40 GMT
#1101
Benching today and I did something wrong and I've got the worst stiff neck right now. Never had anything like this before and it sucks a lot
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-14 02:20:29
February 14 2014 02:20 GMT
#1102
On February 10 2014 13:40 Aveng3r wrote:
Benching today and I did something wrong and I've got the worst stiff neck right now. Never had anything like this before and it sucks a lot


Mobility and soft tissue work. Heat is also good

Make sure you don't crane or put your neck into an otherwise weird position.

See a doc or PT if it bothers you for more than a day or two......
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
March 07 2014 22:26 GMT
#1103
im having this pain just above my right knee, i can walk normally but when i squat it really fucking hurts T_T its been 2 weeks now
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-16 16:21:16
March 16 2014 16:15 GMT
#1104
I have a recurring foot injury that's been a bother (right foot only). I play soccer, and sometimes I'll play through a whole rough game and it'll be fine. Other times I have a minor spill (yesterday I re-injured it just slipping on the ball and doing what seemed to be twisting my ankle.)

The pain occurs in the part of my foot beneath my lower laces. The injury started when I took a rough slide tackle several months ago. Now it occasionally resurfaces. Luckily, it only puts me on the bench for a week or so before it's temporarily better. But I seem to constantly be susceptible to re-injury. Might try going to a doctor at some point, but honestly not sure what treatment could be done. Perhaps I could take a more extended break, but more often than not I can play just fine without re-injuring it.

[image loading]
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
March 16 2014 17:29 GMT
#1105
sounds like it could be a potential lisfranc's ligament injury. go get it checked out
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
March 19 2014 15:31 GMT
#1106
eshlow, anyone else.

I believe I have a baker's cyst? About a week ago (slightly less) I couldn't even walk right I had to limp. My knee hurt and felt like it would lock up if I straighten it. Now my knee is a bit better, doesnt feel like it will lock up, only a bit sore. I have a swollen area on the back of my leg at the bend of the knee. Definitely htink it is a baker's cyst.

I am wondering about what kind of physical activity I can do with this. Just play it by feel and test it out?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 22 2014 20:43 GMT
#1107
On March 17 2014 02:29 LosingID8 wrote:
sounds like it could be a potential lisfranc's ligament injury. go get it checked out


That doesn't sound like lisfranc as the mechanism for lisfranc is different.

Could be some form of plantar fasciitis or something else but we don't know how he injured it so best bet is to see an orthopedic.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 22 2014 20:45 GMT
#1108
On March 20 2014 00:31 travis wrote:
eshlow, anyone else.

I believe I have a baker's cyst? About a week ago (slightly less) I couldn't even walk right I had to limp. My knee hurt and felt like it would lock up if I straighten it. Now my knee is a bit better, doesnt feel like it will lock up, only a bit sore. I have a swollen area on the back of my leg at the bend of the knee. Definitely htink it is a baker's cyst.

I am wondering about what kind of physical activity I can do with this. Just play it by feel and test it out?


Locking up knee you should get to an orthopedic doc. That tends to be meniscus, but it can be some other things. Meniscus can be moved around with some physical therapy joint work so it's not like you need surgery. It's a good sign that it's getting better on its own.

Bakers cysts can be painful, but they don't cause the knee to lock up.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
March 22 2014 21:15 GMT
#1109
On March 23 2014 05:43 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2014 02:29 LosingID8 wrote:
sounds like it could be a potential lisfranc's ligament injury. go get it checked out


That doesn't sound like lisfranc as the mechanism for lisfranc is different.

Could be some form of plantar fasciitis or something else but we don't know how he injured it so best bet is to see an orthopedic.

i respectfully disagree. with the limited history given, he described the pain as beneath his lower laces which would be on the dorsum of his foot around metatarsals 1 and 2. i don't think it's plantar fasciitis.
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
March 23 2014 14:53 GMT
#1110
Hello, I havent done much in terms of lifting in a while but early last week I woke up and had some pain in my neck to mid back on the left side (about to the right part of the left shoulder blade). It didn't go away after a few days and I went to see my Chiropractor to get checked out. Overall it feels better but when I am cold or haven't moved in a while it still causes pain. Once I am up and moving around and the muscles warm up it feels fine with only small amount of discomfort.

Is this something I should worry heavily about? It is rather annoying when I wake up in the morning and the left shoulder region is rather tough to move without mild pain x.x
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 24 2014 16:17 GMT
#1111
On March 23 2014 06:15 LosingID8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2014 05:43 eshlow wrote:
On March 17 2014 02:29 LosingID8 wrote:
sounds like it could be a potential lisfranc's ligament injury. go get it checked out


That doesn't sound like lisfranc as the mechanism for lisfranc is different.

Could be some form of plantar fasciitis or something else but we don't know how he injured it so best bet is to see an orthopedic.

i respectfully disagree. with the limited history given, he described the pain as beneath his lower laces which would be on the dorsum of his foot around metatarsals 1 and 2. i don't think it's plantar fasciitis.


There is only one way to settle this.

how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
lamprey1
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada919 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-24 17:32:00
March 24 2014 17:28 GMT
#1112
On March 23 2014 23:53 Alventenie wrote:
Hello, I havent done much in terms of lifting in a while but early last week I woke up and had some pain in my neck to mid back on the left side (about to the right part of the left shoulder blade). It didn't go away after a few days and I went to see my Chiropractor to get checked out. Overall it feels better but when I am cold or haven't moved in a while it still causes pain. Once I am up and moving around and the muscles warm up it feels fine with only small amount of discomfort.

Is this something I should worry heavily about? It is rather annoying when I wake up in the morning and the left shoulder region is rather tough to move without mild pain x.x


i'm not sure how your health insurance coverage works where you are...
but here is how i do things.

i have an orthopeadic surgeon as my main doctor for sports injuries and he calls all the shots. so i will see a chiro under the direction and schedule of the orthopeadic surgeon. if i see a physiotherapist, again, its under the direction of the orthopod.. etc etc.

if u can, avoid having a chiropractor as your main point of contact.
see an orthopod about this issue and get the injury properly diagnosed.

just my $0.02.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 26 2014 04:23 GMT
#1113
On March 23 2014 06:15 LosingID8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2014 05:43 eshlow wrote:
On March 17 2014 02:29 LosingID8 wrote:
sounds like it could be a potential lisfranc's ligament injury. go get it checked out


That doesn't sound like lisfranc as the mechanism for lisfranc is different.

Could be some form of plantar fasciitis or something else but we don't know how he injured it so best bet is to see an orthopedic.

i respectfully disagree. with the limited history given, he described the pain as beneath his lower laces which would be on the dorsum of his foot around metatarsals 1 and 2. i don't think it's plantar fasciitis.


I just reread when it was not 3 AM my time and not exhausted haha

I think your guess is better than mine, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's something else other than those two
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
March 26 2014 06:40 GMT
#1114
I hurt my shoulder benching somehow. Usually I bench with an arch but I was doing heavy flat bench when I hurt it which I guess puts it in a different position? It fucking hurts buts its only unmanagable in the bottom of the bench press. I can't even bench the bar from my chest without considerable pain. I've still been able to shoulder press and row and basically all the rest of my upper body. Can anyone think of any reason? I've hurt this shoulder before, cracked the knob of one of the little bones playing baseball but I've never had a problem benching... Any advice besides stay off it for a while?
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
lamprey1
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada919 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-26 08:33:15
March 26 2014 08:08 GMT
#1115
On March 26 2014 15:40 n.DieJokes wrote:
I hurt my shoulder benching somehow. Usually I bench with an arch but I was doing heavy flat bench when I hurt it which I guess puts it in a different position? It fucking hurts buts its only unmanagable in the bottom of the bench press. I can't even bench the bar from my chest without considerable pain. I've still been able to shoulder press and row and basically all the rest of my upper body. Can anyone think of any reason? I've hurt this shoulder before, cracked the knob of one of the little bones playing baseball but I've never had a problem benching... Any advice besides stay off it for a while?


find an orthopedic surgeon that runs a sports medicine clinic and get him/her to diagnosis your problem.. the shoulder is a complex joint.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 04 2014 19:57 GMT
#1116
Fell on my outstretched hand in volleyball a week and a half ago. I have full range of motion of the wrist with nearly no pain. It felt like I bruised my scaphoid or whatever is articulating there along with straining ligaments in that area. Specifically it causes pain when I adduct my hand or when my thumb is resisting pressure to adduct. Wrapping my wrist while lifting makes it easier but "heavier" bench and incline pressing is still causing some discomfort. I assumed these things take some time as my last hand tendon strain took a month plus to get normal, just checking I shouldn't be concerned.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Fwmeh
Profile Joined April 2008
1286 Posts
May 29 2014 14:22 GMT
#1117
Have had knee pain for some time now, and I think it is starting to influence my form. Read the post http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2011/05/so-you-hurt-your-knee, did not feel like it applied.

1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts.

http://imgur.com/TxCjlZi

Only the left knee.

2. What exercises hurt? Which shoulder articulations hurt?

Bending or extending the leg hurt. Only on active use, I can lower myself into a pistol squat using my arms without any pain. A proper rep generally hurts. Pain varies. Standard squats only hurt very slightly, or not at all, same with dead lifts.

3. What type of pain is it? Burning? Ache? Tingling? Sharp?

Sharp.

4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.

5 when at the worst, varies a lot though.

5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~6-8 weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?

Roughly 4 weeks, don't remember the exact date, it wasn't severe enough for me to note it in my training log. Almost 100% sure it was not an impact injury. Pain itself seems to be roughly the same during this time, neither better nor worse.

6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?

Same 4 weeks.

7. How deep is the pain? Is it more superficial tissues? Or does it seem to be more inside or around the joint? Describe it.

Does not feel too deep, seems to only be the top of the knee cap and the muscle connecting to it.

8. What have you been doing for recovery purposes?

Nothing.

9. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?

Performing the movement often lessens the pain. After sitting for some time, extending the leg hurt, repeating the extension 3 or 4 times makes the pain go away. Doing regular squats generally allows for a few reps of pistol squats without pain, or with very minor pain. Always feel it in the mornings.

10. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?

Cannot feel any tightness, tenderness or swelling on the surrounding muscles. The top of the knee cap is slightly tender, sometimes hurt when touched, or when hit lightly.

11. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?

Generally it feels better after exercise, worse after being still for extended periods of time.

12. Any previous injury history?

Not in the knee, had low back pain more than a year ago, never felt anything in the back since.

13. How's your posture?

I like to think it is good.

14. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?

Squats and deadlift, no sport.

15. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?

I think it first happened when I changed from lowbar to highbar squats, but I don't remember 100%. I generally have no issues with mobility, used to do weighted pistol squats as assistance training, full range of motion.
A parser for things is a function from strings to lists of pairs of things and strings
ragnasaur
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States804 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-29 18:57:48
May 29 2014 18:53 GMT
#1118
I fell on my skateboard & I think my wrist might be broken. It's not constantly painful but if I turn my wrist like I'm looking at a watch then its pain is over9000. Only the thumbs palm area is swollen. Do these things heal themselves if I just splint it?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) George Forman doesnt have any fingerprints
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17873 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-29 19:52:38
May 29 2014 19:52 GMT
#1119
the drummer of a really crappy band i rent space to claimed he hurt his shoulder 3 weeks ago.

from what i could see he was not favouring the injury in any way while playing the drums,
every drummer i've ever seen with a shoulder injury favours it in some way... but hey i'm no expert.
he was always losing his breath while doing very little on the drums

one of the other band members suggested it might be his heart and told him to get his heart checked.
he never did.

he died this morning of a heart attack at 29.

if you have a shoulder pain that you can't pinpoint and shortness of breath..
see a doctor before posting on this thread.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-29 20:05:50
May 29 2014 20:04 GMT
#1120
On May 30 2014 03:53 ragnasaur wrote:
I fell on my skateboard & I think my wrist might be broken. It's not constantly painful but if I turn my wrist like I'm looking at a watch then its pain is over9000. Only the thumbs palm area is swollen. Do these things heal themselves if I just splint it?

I mean you could go that route but if you actually fractured your radius (likely from a skateboard fall if you did break something) you're going to want an x-ray to a) confirm b) have the fracture reduced properly. You risk complications if it heals wrong with joint alignment stuff etc. I just wouldn't mess with it if I were you.

I understand if you're worried about costs, do you have any medical professionals that would take a look at it (school nurse or athletic trainer...)
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings118
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 247
NeuroSwarm 180
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 162
hero 49
Terrorterran 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1135
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 462
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King188
hungrybox114
Other Games
summit1g9181
Maynarde209
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick418
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 144
• practicex 12
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo981
• Rush732
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 9m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 9m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.