• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:22
CEST 19:22
KST 02:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8346 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 653

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 651 652 653 654 655 730 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 24 2011 05:08 GMT
#13041
No matter how much masculinity i wake up and piss every morning, i could go without shaving for two weeks and only have a scraggly neck beard for my troubles :-/ It's the only thing i can't do no matter how hard i try.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
October 24 2011 08:48 GMT
#13042
woo 18, tomorrow weights will get raped.

Goals:

Squats 70kg 5x5
BP: 67kg 5x5
Clean: 65kg 3-3-3-3-3

I am thinking of changing my lifting habits, madcow looks like a good idea, is there any programm that uses only free weights onwards? I think madcow had chinups and i am too lazy to change floors when i could do my freeweight workouts.
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 24 2011 09:07 GMT
#13043
Happy birthday inimenesc! Protip as a present: find a program and stick to it damn it! You need to stay with something for a time to get everything you want from it.

@Decaf: Sucks that your team is on a losing streak. Your efforts won't go unnoticed, keep killing them.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Jupiter
Profile Joined November 2009
Australia73 Posts
October 24 2011 13:26 GMT
#13044
On October 23 2011 23:39 KOVU wrote:

Sick gains man, really good job! When did you decide to move onto madcows?



I decided to move onto madcows after I stalled on Starting Stength.

If I remember correctly I de-loaded my squat 3 times (around 120 then 135 then 145 made it up to 155 after that) So I would definitely recommend de-loading so you can get as much out of the program as possible.

I was either going to do Texas Method or Madcows after Starting Strength. I read a lot about them and ended up going with Madcows. Just liked the look of it better.

Also having this calculator has been really helpful - http://www.vicjg.com/aspx/madcowint.aspx

Are you thinking of doing the program? How are your lifts going?


On October 24 2011 17:48 inimenesc wrote:
woo 18, tomorrow weights will get raped.

Goals:

Squats 70kg 5x5
BP: 67kg 5x5
Clean: 65kg 3-3-3-3-3

I am thinking of changing my lifting habits, madcow looks like a good idea, is there any programm that uses only free weights onwards? I think madcow had chinups and i am too lazy to change floors when i could do my freeweight workouts.


Happy Birthday dude!

How much do you weigh?

With your current lifts I think you could see more gains from a beginners routine (which it seems you are on currently) rather than an intermediate routine like madcows.




mum says I cant play games against Zerg
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
October 24 2011 13:38 GMT
#13045
On October 24 2011 17:48 inimenesc wrote:
woo 18, tomorrow weights will get raped.

Goals:

Squats 70kg 5x5
BP: 67kg 5x5
Clean: 65kg 3-3-3-3-3

I am thinking of changing my lifting habits, madcow looks like a good idea, is there any programm that uses only free weights onwards? I think madcow had chinups and i am too lazy to change floors when i could do my freeweight workouts.

Bill Star

It's basically Madcow with cleans instead of rows
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
InfC.AnatoLiy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States154 Posts
October 24 2011 13:59 GMT
#13046
Day 70 update: Broke the 200 pound barrier. At 198.4 and a total of 24 pounds lost thus far. Legs are SO sore after soccer yesterday. Been working out the past three weeks with dumbbell and non dumbbell workouts in my room, progressing more and more. Going to start going to the gym today.

Next goal: Going under 180. Every 5 pounds is going to be a mini milestone for me though.
Twitch.tv/D3AnatoLiy
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
October 24 2011 14:11 GMT
#13047
I am about 200 pounds at 6 8"

Yeh ill continue my SS then, and not going to go to 3x5 yet i think.
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
October 24 2011 14:49 GMT
#13048
Happy birthday Inimenesc! Your username is hard to spell

Also, congrats anatoliy. Mini milestones = awesome. I did that when I first start losing weight too :D Keep it up man.
Victory Loves Preparation
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 15:43:00
October 24 2011 15:41 GMT
#13049
I haven't posted as much in this thread as I told myself I would, but it is time to be accountable.

For background, I am on IF and my macros are 180p / 200c / 20f WO, 180p / 50c / 50f RD.

This past week I took two days off from work and cycled 250km over a day and a half. I maintained the fast over the first day, ate breakfast the second day, but basically drank 8 beers both days that was paired up with some junk food. Following that I came home, got back on my diet for 4 days, but that beer taste lingered in my mouth and the past Sun / Mon I have enjoyed too many beers while breaking the fast and ruining my macros.

While I finished my workouts, did my hockey practices, and banked those calories with the cycling, I am still afraid that I spoiled my last two week cycle with this binge.

I am writing this in order to be accountable, and to pledge that from today (Mon) to my next weigh in day (Mon) I will hit my macros.

edit - I am also going to stop being lazy and answer my PMs. Sorry Fishball!
ModeratorGodfather
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
October 24 2011 16:05 GMT
#13050
I notice that some people can lift about the same weight at BP and Squats, while others can Squat almost double the weight they lift at BP. I'm in the first group. Why is that? Bad form? Long history of weak exercising on the legs?

Also, I Injured my right leg (or something related to it) last week Tried a single rep of Squat earlier today to check it out and it hurt pretty bad. Im going to see a doctor this afternoon and check it out, hopefully I can still train upper body no problem, but i'm really disappointed with the setback
For the Swarm!
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 16:27:59
October 24 2011 16:23 GMT
#13051
On October 25 2011 01:05 Raidern wrote:
I notice that some people can lift about the same weight at BP and Squats, while others can Squat almost double the weight they lift at BP. I'm in the first group. Why is that? Bad form? Long history of weak exercising on the legs?

Also, I Injured my right leg (or something related to it) last week Tried a single rep of Squat earlier today to check it out and it hurt pretty bad. Im going to see a doctor this afternoon and check it out, hopefully I can still train upper body no problem, but i'm really disappointed with the setback


Could be injury. For most people their squat should be stronger than their bench. However, bro doctrine dictates that one focuses on arms and chest, so this is generally the reason. Of course anthropometry plays a role, but it shouldn't make too large of a difference.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 24 2011 16:27 GMT
#13052
Obnoxious to hear, but "sucks to suck" decaf. Our D1 team is in the same situation right now, we're 1 - 5. We have a very strong group of forwards, but it seems every five meters we gain scrumming and mauling, we lose seven in poor passing, or we get it to the outside, run in alone, there is no one to ruck and BOOM, turnover. I think I have seen two tries by our D1 backs all season, compared to ten by our pack.

Not that im in any position to talk shit, as far as i have come to understand, "Offense" and "ruck" ate the same word.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 24 2011 16:47 GMT
#13053
On October 25 2011 01:05 Raidern wrote:
I notice that some people can lift about the same weight at BP and Squats, while others can Squat almost double the weight they lift at BP. I'm in the first group. Why is that? Bad form? Long history of weak exercising on the legs?

Also, I Injured my right leg (or something related to it) last week Tried a single rep of Squat earlier today to check it out and it hurt pretty bad. Im going to see a doctor this afternoon and check it out, hopefully I can still train upper body no problem, but i'm really disappointed with the setback


Usually history of not working the legs. Even with bad form, the squats are using some BIG muscles. If youre moving anything close to similar weight on squat/dead vs bench, you're probably not on the best routine you could be, depending on your goals.

Got my cousin to the gym witg me this weekend - i took him through a stronglifts workout, and i think he really likes the idea of lifting heavy... so i think i found a new convert. He also plays sc2, but not competitively, so i dont think he would be on to check out TL. We did also watch the mma/mvp gsl finals and i think he liked that... who knows.

Also, maybe i'll attempt to grow a beard for my end of november progress pictures. I was going to do a no-shave november anyway.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
October 24 2011 17:07 GMT
#13054
So I have access to both cold (18C) and hot (40C) baths after my work outs. What should I do with them? I read that shunting (switching between the two) is good, but some say hot, and some say cold, too much information!!
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 18:10:25
October 24 2011 18:10 GMT
#13055
My bench/squat are relatively close which is weird considering in highschool I was squatting like 2.5-3x my bench and deadlifting more.

I think working labor 6-7 days a week / having done pushups+situps+pullups only for 2 months / being injured taking squat+dl out of my routine for a month all affected my lifts. Upper body has 2 months of BW work more than my legs and then my legs get next to no recovery time.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 19:02:58
October 24 2011 18:42 GMT
#13056
On October 25 2011 02:07 Cambium wrote:
So I have access to both cold (18C) and hot (40C) baths after my work outs. What should I do with them? I read that shunting (switching between the two) is good, but some say hot, and some say cold, too much information!!


For recovery or refreshing yourself: Start with cold, end with cold Or just do cold.

For hypertrophy: hot only


There's some evidence going into a sauna after workouts helps with hypertrophy. Check out some studies in pubmed on that (haven't looked at the research in about a year but there was some when I last looked). I think the hypothesized mechanism was heat shock proteins.

edit: here's one of the studies. No weight training + heat stress to quadriceps (though 8hr/day) = increases in hypertrophy and strength
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20803152

search boolean:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=hypertrophy heat stress skeletal NOT cardiac NOT epilepsy

Most of the other studies are in animals so far.

Honestly, I'm not sure how MUCH it helps with hypertrophy though. Maybe minimals amounts cumulating in decently bigger gains after a while. Not sure.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 20:45:36
October 24 2011 20:38 GMT
#13057
gym was weird today. I was feeling pretty light headed at times and later in the workout I was even starting to feel like i would vomit. I dunno what happened.

Good News I finally got to squat my body weight !(255lbs)

edit - might as well do a decent update

After a month of SL

Squats = 115lbs to 255lbs
OHP= 85lbs to 125lbs
BP =135lbs to 185lbs
Rows = 95lbs to 135lbs
DL = 135lbs to 205lbs

My diet has been pretty non existent though. I did go from 265 to 255.. My goal was 250 but now that seems too easy considering I haven't even took dieting seriously yet
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
October 24 2011 20:41 GMT
#13058
Hey guys I did some dealifts this morning, would you be able to critique them? I think my technique is decent on the 1st and 3rd reps. I think my initial setup from stop is good...But I struggle from top down as seen on my 2nd rep. Any tips or comments would be appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 24 2011 20:57 GMT
#13059
On October 25 2011 05:41 Mementoss wrote:
Hey guys I did some dealifts this morning, would you be able to critique them? I think my technique is decent on the 1st and 3rd reps. I think my initial setup from stop is good...But I struggle from top down as seen on my 2nd rep. Any tips or comments would be appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIdii7pU_v8


Looked pretty good. Try to keep your lower back a bit flatter but it doesn't look bad. Don't bounce the weight off the floor, it's called a DEADlift because you put the bar down and let it be at a complete stop before pulling it again.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
BzzY
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom18 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-24 21:14:20
October 24 2011 21:13 GMT
#13060
On October 25 2011 05:41 Mementoss wrote:
Hey guys I did some dealifts this morning, would you be able to critique them? I think my technique is decent on the 1st and 3rd reps. I think my initial setup from stop is good...But I struggle from top down as seen on my 2nd rep. Any tips or comments would be appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIdii7pU_v8


You are rounding your lower back FAR too much. You need to find that neutral spinal positioning otherwise your lumbar will be compromised. Do a number of bw hip hinge movements against a wall for practice to emphasise activation of the hamstrings and glutes.

When you reach the top, i dont think your squeezing your glutes enough either. Just imagine there is a penny locked between your cheeks and when you hit the top of a rep, squeeze it.

Your spinal positioning is also quite awkward on the way down but i would put that down to being new to the weight or lack of hip mobility.
Prev 1 651 652 653 654 655 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM660
TKL 256
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 660
ByuN 306
TKL 256
mouzHeroMarine 115
UpATreeSC 77
BRAT_OK 34
MindelVK 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25569
Calm 3301
Shuttle 1141
Horang2 527
Soulkey 196
Rush 132
Dewaltoss 121
Zeus 64
Free 37
Hyun 34
[ Show more ]
sorry 30
Trap 25
Killer 19
ToSsGirL 19
PianO 17
Bale 16
JYJ 16
Rock 15
Aegong 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Hm[arnc] 11
Sacsri 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7086
Dendi1248
League of Legends
KnowMe50
Counter-Strike
fl0m4803
x6flipin836
Fnx 608
pashabiceps422
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Other Games
singsing1924
Liquid`RaSZi1476
Beastyqt591
ceh9501
Khaldor308
C9.Mang0244
dupreeh199
crisheroes183
420jenkins179
IndyStarCraft 143
QueenE96
Trikslyr89
JuggernautJason10
Grubby0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH284
• Hinosc 15
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3324
• WagamamaTV508
League of Legends
• Nemesis2900
• TFBlade585
Other Games
• Shiphtur839
• imaqtpie325
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 38m
INu's Battles
17h 38m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 38m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.