• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9026 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 651

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 649 650 651 652 653 730 Next
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 22 2011 06:27 GMT
#13001
On October 22 2011 15:17 Froadac wrote:
Squat is nearing 150 pounds. Woot.

Unfortunately I'm soo sleep deprived right now with college apps and all.
..........Wh at's... sleep?......
I <3 Plexa.
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 12:04:34
October 22 2011 11:58 GMT
#13002
On October 21 2011 21:55 inimenesc wrote:
FML

Yesterday, i was going to do 5x65kg ezz on bench, then some girls come in and start to chat, i miss last rep of last set...before it was so ezzzz...

Today, russian class, i talk my story fast and no stops. Teacher gives me fucking D+ because "she didnt like how i talked". FML

Tomorrow some shit will be destoried and earth will change its orbit.


Last PRs:
Squat 65kg 5x5
OHP 42.5kg 5x5
deadlift 125kg x1 :/

Today:

squat 70kg 5x5 and 90kg x1 after that
ohp 45kg 5x5
but deadlift couldnt do 130kg x1...guess all that rage went into squats and ohp. 120kg was ez tho for deadlift.

-e- didnt have proper breakfast...maybe even could have done better!!!
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 22 2011 13:57 GMT
#13003
On October 22 2011 15:17 Froadac wrote:
Squat is nearing 150 pounds. Woot.

Unfortunately I'm soo sleep deprived right now with college apps and all.


NICE!!
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 22 2011 14:39 GMT
#13004
Week 7 of Coan coming up.

Getting damned nervous.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Guaska
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil12 Posts
October 22 2011 14:42 GMT
#13005
I have a question to those of you who lift heavy and practice field sports at the same time. I haven't played any in a long time and got called to play soccer with some friends today, but i was also planning on lifting.

So, i was thinking, is it reasonable to go to the gym, squat with lighter weights just to improve technique, do benches and pull-ups as usual and don't deadlift? Or should i just go FUCK IT, do a regular session and probably not manage to run well when playing?

Keep in mind i haven't done any sprinting in a very long while, so i think i'll already be clumsy enough with my new muscle mass even if i'm not really tired.
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
October 22 2011 14:51 GMT
#13006
On October 21 2011 18:50 KOVU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 09:34 phyre112 wrote:
On October 21 2011 08:34 KOVU wrote:
On October 21 2011 08:09 infinity21 wrote:
On October 21 2011 08:05 KOVU wrote:
I am stupid. Real stupid.

Yesterdays workout was: Squat, OHP, cleans and dips.
Tomorrows workout is: Squat, bench, DL and chins.

But for some stupid reason I decided to go for a run with my dad today. He challenged me for 1km sprint, I won but only barely (he might be 50, but he trains for a marathon and runs 60km a week). Now my glutes are really tired and I don't know if I should squat and dead tomorrow ((

Should I rest tomorrow, just do light weights or what do you think?

You could do a light day or if you have an extra rest day coming up soon, then you can take it now.

I think I will do that. I usually run in between workoutdays, but rarely its balls-to-wall batshit crazy running.

Feel so stupid too, was really looking forward to deadlifting tomorrow.


Make sure you eat enough, do a bit of stretching/foam rolling, and get a great nights sleep. Then tomorrow, you go as hard as you can, but if you honestly can't do it - it's alright. Better to back off and do a light day, than to injure yourself and be out for weeks.

Also, if running 1km is killing your glutes, you might not be engaging them to their full potential on your lifts... there was a previous article in this thread about the glutes, and how they're certainly the KING of athletic performance. If your hamstrings are "taking over" for them, then you aren't getting as much out of the lift as you could be. I know it really helped my squat and my dead to make sure I was engaging them on each lift.

It wasn't only 1km, it was 2km at an okay pace @ 4:15m/km and then 1km at as fast as I possibly could, prolly around 3min/km. And then a km in a casual cooldown pace. I am actually quite used to running and rarely feel really tired after running.

I got 11hours sleep, so thats good. I ate a ton of food last night so I hope I will do fine today.


Took your advice phyre112, and I went real hard.

Added 2kg to both my squat, dead and bench, fuck yeah! I ate A LOT tho and slept for 11 hours.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 22 2011 17:18 GMT
#13007
Bench Press (yesterday):

87.5kgx3x2 (5 sec pause at bottom), 95kgx3x2 (5 sec pause at bottom), 102.5kgx3, 110kgx1

Deadlift (Today):

155kgx3, 175kg x2x3

Bench Press at 110kg is really easy now, previous set not so much (like 105kgx3 on thursday), prolly gonna move up to 115 next week. Feels awesome.

Deadlift also felt kinda "light", i've got 4 more hard days before the meet (184x1x3, 184x2x3, 193x1x3, 193x2x3) and I think I can make my estimates, which means I could be opening with something between 205 and 210kg

Also i'm starting creatine on monday, which means even more power :D

Finally, I had my 2nd test of Accountability II (is there anything more boring than accountability?) and completely crushed it. I did study a lot considerng I got 20% on my first one and needed to counter it lol. Expect between 70 and 90% :D

Great day overall. Eating, playing starcraft and watching Rugby finals for day.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 22 2011 17:34 GMT
#13008
On October 22 2011 23:39 sJarl wrote:
Week 7 of Coan coming up.

Getting damned nervous.


Of what?? Crushing some fucking weight like a boss?
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 22 2011 18:42 GMT
#13009
On October 23 2011 02:34 emperorchampion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 23:39 sJarl wrote:
Week 7 of Coan coming up.

Getting damned nervous.


Of what?? Crushing some fucking weight like a boss?


It's a deadlifting program I'm running.

Found out that well fed + bad sleep is better than good sleep + poorly fed. Kinda pissed that I missed today's lift since I got it in week 4.

Vid:


That is why you never stop pulling. I think I could've gotten it if I hadn't pussied out.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 22 2011 18:52 GMT
#13010
On October 23 2011 03:42 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2011 02:34 emperorchampion wrote:
On October 22 2011 23:39 sJarl wrote:
Week 7 of Coan coming up.

Getting damned nervous.


Of what?? Crushing some fucking weight like a boss?


It's a deadlifting program I'm running.

Found out that well fed + bad sleep is better than good sleep + poorly fed. Kinda pissed that I missed today's lift since I got it in week 4.

Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqee9FT2xQ

That is why you never stop pulling. I think I could've gotten it if I hadn't pussied out.


lol u pull like andy bolton.

I think you might hit your weights with a better belt, from the distance that looks like a leather strap.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 22 2011 19:20 GMT
#13011
On October 23 2011 03:42 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2011 02:34 emperorchampion wrote:
On October 22 2011 23:39 sJarl wrote:
Week 7 of Coan coming up.

Getting damned nervous.


Of what?? Crushing some fucking weight like a boss?


It's a deadlifting program I'm running.

Found out that well fed + bad sleep is better than good sleep + poorly fed. Kinda pissed that I missed today's lift since I got it in week 4.

Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqee9FT2xQ

That is why you never stop pulling. I think I could've gotten it if I hadn't pussied out.


Need I repeat
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 22 2011 20:05 GMT
#13012
On October 23 2011 03:52 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2011 03:42 sJarl wrote:
On October 23 2011 02:34 emperorchampion wrote:
On October 22 2011 23:39 sJarl wrote:
Week 7 of Coan coming up.

Getting damned nervous.


Of what?? Crushing some fucking weight like a boss?


It's a deadlifting program I'm running.

Found out that well fed + bad sleep is better than good sleep + poorly fed. Kinda pissed that I missed today's lift since I got it in week 4.

Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqee9FT2xQ

That is why you never stop pulling. I think I could've gotten it if I hadn't pussied out.


lol u pull like andy bolton.

I think you might hit your weights with a better belt, from the distance that looks like a leather strap.
What does a belt do in the first place let alone a better one allowing to lift higher weights?
I <3 Plexa.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 22 2011 20:29 GMT
#13013
On October 23 2011 05:05 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2011 03:52 GoTuNk! wrote:
On October 23 2011 03:42 sJarl wrote:
On October 23 2011 02:34 emperorchampion wrote:
On October 22 2011 23:39 sJarl wrote:
Week 7 of Coan coming up.

Getting damned nervous.


Of what?? Crushing some fucking weight like a boss?


It's a deadlifting program I'm running.

Found out that well fed + bad sleep is better than good sleep + poorly fed. Kinda pissed that I missed today's lift since I got it in week 4.

Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqee9FT2xQ

That is why you never stop pulling. I think I could've gotten it if I hadn't pussied out.


lol u pull like andy bolton.

I think you might hit your weights with a better belt, from the distance that looks like a leather strap.
What does a belt do in the first place let alone a better one allowing to lift higher weights?


Belt help maintain intraabdominal pressure (which your core is supposed to do) to prevent injury.

You don't need one, but they can be useful when lifting maximal weights if you have potential injuries
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
October 22 2011 23:05 GMT
#13014
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/east-coast-gold#utm_campaign=synclickback&source=http://eastcoastgold.org/events/events.php/&medium=9370195

livestream of my meet today

93/110 = 203 total
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 22 2011 23:16 GMT
#13015
So... apparently sleep is good for you. Killed my squats at 245x3x5 and press at 90x3x5.
Failed the DL but found out how to fix my form so I'm happy about that.
Official Entusman #21
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
October 22 2011 23:40 GMT
#13016
On October 23 2011 08:05 AoN.DimSum wrote:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/east-coast-gold#utm_campaign=synclickback&source=http://eastcoastgold.org/events/events.php/&medium=9370195

livestream of my meet today

93/110 = 203 total


Thanks for posting this link
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 22 2011 23:42 GMT
#13017
Thanks eshlow!

So I decided to play a drinking game of a shot of milk every time JP calls Day9 "sean" during the cast for Blizzcon finals and now I'm making a trip to the hospital..
I <3 Plexa.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
October 23 2011 00:19 GMT
#13018
On October 23 2011 08:40 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2011 08:05 AoN.DimSum wrote:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/east-coast-gold#utm_campaign=synclickback&source=http://eastcoastgold.org/events/events.php/&medium=9370195

livestream of my meet today

93/110 = 203 total


Thanks for posting this link



http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18037773
Heres my session, I start snatching at 27:00 and clean and jerks 1:29:00

also watch 1:41:30 for a funny miss LOL
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-23 00:44:50
October 23 2011 00:40 GMT
#13019
Nice lifts dimsum, what's with the taping of the left wrist?

Edit: wait a sec that wasn't you was it... oops now i feel dumb, that definitely wasn't you hahaha
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
October 23 2011 00:56 GMT
#13020
haha there is another lifter about my size, he did 90/125. He has trouble with his thumb so he needs to tape it for now.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Prev 1 649 650 651 652 653 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 832
RotterdaM400
SteadfastSC165
TKL 156
Rex103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 400
ByuN 254
SteadfastSC 165
TKL 156
Rex 103
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33925
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 811
Bisu 623
Horang2 576
Soulkey 477
Stork 299
Mini 298
Larva 243
actioN 240
[ Show more ]
BeSt 220
Soma 201
EffOrt 193
Mong 166
firebathero 158
Last 147
Rush 139
Snow 130
ZerO 121
Zeus 100
Free 80
910 77
Pusan 75
Mind 69
Hyun 65
PianO 55
Shinee 51
Sharp 45
Shine 44
hero 42
Yoon 42
JYJ 33
Sexy 33
Bale 26
sorry 25
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 19
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc2562
Dendi961
canceldota70
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1263
edward6
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King212
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes446
Other Games
gofns58854
singsing2203
Lowko311
B2W.Neo231
DeMusliM201
hiko187
Pyrionflax175
Livibee147
QueenE45
Trikslyr30
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1030
Other Games
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV444
League of Legends
• Jankos1261
Other Games
• Shiphtur585
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 26m
The PondCast
21h 26m
INu's Battles
22h 26m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.