• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6034 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 649

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 647 648 649 650 651 730 Next
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 20 2011 04:12 GMT
#12961
Hmm, so since I can't do squats anymore for a while because of my groin strain what are your guy's opinion of doing deadlifts 3x a week instead? Keep in mind that they don't affect my groin strain at all and I do deadlifts once a week but I need more leg work, thoughts?
I <3 Plexa.
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
October 20 2011 04:19 GMT
#12962
Being in a thread full of PhD and MD hopefuls makes me feel so inferior with my future RN degree hahaha. However, this thread and the people make me feel happy about the next generation of doctors and "experts" who may contribute to the end of the mass amounts of misinformation currently provided to the general public. That would certainly make my job easier =D
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
October 20 2011 05:13 GMT
#12963
On October 20 2011 13:19 MeShiet wrote:
Being in a thread full of PhD and MD hopefuls makes me feel so inferior with my future RN degree hahaha. However, this thread and the people make me feel happy about the next generation of doctors and "experts" who may contribute to the end of the mass amounts of misinformation currently provided to the general public. That would certainly make my job easier =D


This is a bit offtopic from your post, but I'm studying Aeronautical Engineering and my class (~23 students) is probably the fittest in my entire school, which is odd considering we have an order of magnitude more class per week on top of our thesis and military training.

Jackedness breeds excellence
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 20 2011 08:41 GMT
#12964
So then, how long does it take to get a MD degree in the States? Here you just apply, take an entrance exam and if you are in the top 48 you get in and get to spend your next 6 years in school lol.

I remember doing gross anatomy and remembering types of epithelial cells last year...dull as fuck.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
October 20 2011 09:12 GMT
#12965
On October 20 2011 13:12 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
Hmm, so since I can't do squats anymore for a while because of my groin strain what are your guy's opinion of doing deadlifts 3x a week instead? Keep in mind that they don't affect my groin strain at all and I do deadlifts once a week but I need more leg work, thoughts?

Your situation is literally 100% like mine. I picked up a groin strain which made squats damn painful, so I swapped deadlifts and squats around in SL. Now I do 3x deadlifts every session, and one set of squats every second session. I'm sure it's not ideal, but it's allowed me to continue doing leg work without worrying about the strain. The only things to remember is to increase DLs more slowly (if you continue increasing it by 5kgs a session 3x a week, you'll fail very quickly), and that deadlifts generally take longer than squats (at least for me), so your sessions might get a bit longer.
Moderator
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 20 2011 09:25 GMT
#12966
I think you can put a little more effort in recovery before swapping them out. Eating more, foam rolling, taking walks and swimming on off days etc.

When you are squatting 3x / week you basicly live and breathe recovery
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
October 20 2011 13:16 GMT
#12967
A little report on last weekend's competition:

The event was held in a huge indoor facility. A lot of people came and cheered, which was really cool. 2 workouts Saturday, 1 workout and the finale for the top 8 teams Sunday.
So the first 2 workouts were pure cardio, no skill required.

workout 1:
8 min. as many rounds of possible of:
8 DL (90 kg.)
8 burpee box jumps (80 cm box, chest must touch ground before jumping onto it)
I competed in the team competition, which meant me and my buddy took turns completing 1 round. Intense workout since you got a little breather in between rounds and then attacked it again.

workout 2 is hard to explain, but whatever, it wasn't very hard as we had to take turns throwing some weight over our heads (and it couldn't be too heavy as the girls were there too)

We were in 8th place after the first 2. Only the top 8 teams made it to the finals, so we had to do well in workout 3.

Workout 3:
The team must complete a total of:
120 thrusters (45 kg) (a thruster is a front squat which turns into a push press at the top)
180 toes to bar (hang from a rack and throw your toes up and touch the bar)

Really fun workout, we got 3rd place on that. Which meant we went in the final, yay :-D

Final:
400 m. run
50 m. over and under hurdles
150 m. run
20 muscle ups
200 m. buddy carry
30 pullups each
50 m. walking lunge
150 m. run

So the hard part of this workout was obviously the muscle ups. 1 of the girls from my team knew she couldn't even do 1, so that left 3 of us doing them. But when it came down to it, the other girl failed her muscle ups and the other guy only did 2, lol. Good thing muscle ups are my forte :-D
First I banged out 11 in a row, then the other guy did 2, and then I did the remaining 7.

We got second place in the finals but ended 4th place because of the results from the earlier workouts. Which was better than expected to be honest, we were just happy to be in the finals. Overall it was a really fun weekend with lots of nice people.

I hope to get some pictures from the event that you can see.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 20 2011 13:34 GMT
#12968
18 muscle-ups after all that shit? Mad stuff man!

Congrats on the results
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 20 2011 13:42 GMT
#12969
I fucked up myself yesterday.

Cramp on my right abductor.

it seriously sucked to be me. Riced it up, and I'm feeling 100% better. Will rice up again, and hit Squat and deadlift tomorrow, really, really fucking hard.

Motherfucker I'm coming for you!
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 20 2011 15:16 GMT
#12970
On October 20 2011 18:12 Daigomi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2011 13:12 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
Hmm, so since I can't do squats anymore for a while because of my groin strain what are your guy's opinion of doing deadlifts 3x a week instead? Keep in mind that they don't affect my groin strain at all and I do deadlifts once a week but I need more leg work, thoughts?

Your situation is literally 100% like mine. I picked up a groin strain which made squats damn painful, so I swapped deadlifts and squats around in SL. Now I do 3x deadlifts every session, and one set of squats every second session. I'm sure it's not ideal, but it's allowed me to continue doing leg work without worrying about the strain. The only things to remember is to increase DLs more slowly (if you continue increasing it by 5kgs a session 3x a week, you'll fail very quickly), and that deadlifts generally take longer than squats (at least for me), so your sessions might get a bit longer.
Alright thanks, will do!
I <3 Plexa.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-20 15:48:04
October 20 2011 15:40 GMT
#12971
On October 20 2011 17:41 sJarl wrote:
So then, how long does it take to get a MD degree in the States? Here you just apply, take an entrance exam and if you are in the top 48 you get in and get to spend your next 6 years in school lol.

I remember doing gross anatomy and remembering types of epithelial cells last year...dull as fuck.


eight years school plus residency is what's typically expected. It can be longer depending on the program you go into - most types of surgery especially.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 20 2011 16:38 GMT
#12972
On October 21 2011 00:40 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2011 17:41 sJarl wrote:
So then, how long does it take to get a MD degree in the States? Here you just apply, take an entrance exam and if you are in the top 48 you get in and get to spend your next 6 years in school lol.

I remember doing gross anatomy and remembering types of epithelial cells last year...dull as fuck.


eight years school plus residency is what's typically expected. It can be longer depending on the program you go into - most types of surgery especially.


Ah ok. Then it comes out as the same since you start uni 2 years earlier than we do.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
October 20 2011 21:22 GMT
#12973
damn i love deadlifts and chins <3

my grip strenght is a bit weak so it hurts so bad (so good) at the end of my workouts
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
October 20 2011 23:05 GMT
#12974
I am stupid. Real stupid.

Yesterdays workout was: Squat, OHP, cleans and dips.
Tomorrows workout is: Squat, bench, DL and chins.

But for some stupid reason I decided to go for a run with my dad today. He challenged me for 1km sprint, I won but only barely (he might be 50, but he trains for a marathon and runs 60km a week). Now my glutes are really tired and I don't know if I should squat and dead tomorrow ((

Should I rest tomorrow, just do light weights or what do you think?
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 20 2011 23:09 GMT
#12975
On October 21 2011 08:05 KOVU wrote:
I am stupid. Real stupid.

Yesterdays workout was: Squat, OHP, cleans and dips.
Tomorrows workout is: Squat, bench, DL and chins.

But for some stupid reason I decided to go for a run with my dad today. He challenged me for 1km sprint, I won but only barely (he might be 50, but he trains for a marathon and runs 60km a week). Now my glutes are really tired and I don't know if I should squat and dead tomorrow ((

Should I rest tomorrow, just do light weights or what do you think?

You could do a light day or if you have an extra rest day coming up soon, then you can take it now.
Official Entusman #21
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
October 20 2011 23:34 GMT
#12976
On October 21 2011 08:09 infinity21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 08:05 KOVU wrote:
I am stupid. Real stupid.

Yesterdays workout was: Squat, OHP, cleans and dips.
Tomorrows workout is: Squat, bench, DL and chins.

But for some stupid reason I decided to go for a run with my dad today. He challenged me for 1km sprint, I won but only barely (he might be 50, but he trains for a marathon and runs 60km a week). Now my glutes are really tired and I don't know if I should squat and dead tomorrow ((

Should I rest tomorrow, just do light weights or what do you think?

You could do a light day or if you have an extra rest day coming up soon, then you can take it now.

I think I will do that. I usually run in between workoutdays, but rarely its balls-to-wall batshit crazy running.

Feel so stupid too, was really looking forward to deadlifting tomorrow.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 00:35:04
October 21 2011 00:34 GMT
#12977
On October 21 2011 08:34 KOVU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 08:09 infinity21 wrote:
On October 21 2011 08:05 KOVU wrote:
I am stupid. Real stupid.

Yesterdays workout was: Squat, OHP, cleans and dips.
Tomorrows workout is: Squat, bench, DL and chins.

But for some stupid reason I decided to go for a run with my dad today. He challenged me for 1km sprint, I won but only barely (he might be 50, but he trains for a marathon and runs 60km a week). Now my glutes are really tired and I don't know if I should squat and dead tomorrow ((

Should I rest tomorrow, just do light weights or what do you think?

You could do a light day or if you have an extra rest day coming up soon, then you can take it now.

I think I will do that. I usually run in between workoutdays, but rarely its balls-to-wall batshit crazy running.

Feel so stupid too, was really looking forward to deadlifting tomorrow.


Make sure you eat enough, do a bit of stretching/foam rolling, and get a great nights sleep. Then tomorrow, you go as hard as you can, but if you honestly can't do it - it's alright. Better to back off and do a light day, than to injure yourself and be out for weeks.

Also, if running 1km is killing your glutes, you might not be engaging them to their full potential on your lifts... there was a previous article in this thread about the glutes, and how they're certainly the KING of athletic performance. If your hamstrings are "taking over" for them, then you aren't getting as much out of the lift as you could be. I know it really helped my squat and my dead to make sure I was engaging them on each lift.
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
October 21 2011 01:08 GMT
#12978
On October 20 2011 18:25 sJarl wrote:
I think you can put a little more effort in recovery before swapping them out. Eating more, foam rolling, taking walks and swimming on off days etc.

When you are squatting 3x / week you basicly live and breathe recovery


Can't you alter squat form to not affect your groin as much
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
October 21 2011 02:23 GMT
#12979
Haven't had any diet soda or sugar free gum in over 5 weeks!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Yes, this is a major accomplishment for me.
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
October 21 2011 02:48 GMT
#12980
Didn't know we had so many med majors in here :D

Gotta lift tomorrow. But I dunno what I'm going to do. Im scheduling all my appointments tomorrow, so I'll be getting into a PT sometime soon. Tomorrow session is OH Press but I'm holding off on all shoulder movements beside bench.

Prehab/rehab work? Anyone know of any good premade routines to do :D

If not, well then. I'll figure something out haha
Victory Loves Preparation
Prev 1 647 648 649 650 651 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2449
GuemChi 709
Leta 156
Snow 110
Terrorterran 72
Bale 30
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto17
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
summit1g6720
WinterStarcraft354
C9.Mang0276
Sick142
ViBE88
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1306
• Stunt413
Other Games
• Shiphtur394
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 45m
Patches Events
10h 45m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.