• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6049 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 650

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 648 649 650 651 652 730 Next
yeahitsyarn
Profile Joined September 2011
8 Posts
October 21 2011 03:49 GMT
#12981
After missing 2 days due to visiting my sister, I came back and had a terrible workout session could hardly squat. Couldnt press and was so demotivated didnt even try cleaning.

But my next workout which was Wednesday went fantastic, worked on bar position after watching the new platform video on Starting Strength the squats went fantastic they went up quick and easy could honestly have done +20-30 pounds up from 235.
Got my Body weight Bench PR at 195 very easily! nice to be up from struggling at 165 just about one month ago!
Deadlift also was quite lift at 275, all for 5 reps.

I know my Squat and Dead are quite low but SS has a very good effect on balancing the lifts out pretty quickly. Looking forward to that 3 wheels,
Tommorows workout will be

Squat 245
OHP 145 PR
Cleans 135 (finally getting comfortable with form)

I see these going very well for me tomorrow and in a week getting back up to 275 but with proper form hopefully I can keep up with +10 jumps on squats!

and Not that its Med major or anything NEAR that level, but ill be starting paramedic next year thatll be exciting

Good luck to everyone! ill be posting back its always nice to be accountable somewhere!
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 21 2011 04:24 GMT
#12982
man such a shitty workout today
Failed both my squats and bench

Haven't been able to sleep much because of midterms and interviews. 3 midterms and 7 interviews in 1 week lol. Got interviews for a couple of awesome jobs and I hope I get an offer from one of those two!
Official Entusman #21
emjaytron
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia544 Posts
October 21 2011 05:08 GMT
#12983
On October 21 2011 13:24 infinity21 wrote:
man such a shitty workout today
Failed both my squats and bench

Haven't been able to sleep much because of midterms and interviews. 3 midterms and 7 interviews in 1 week lol. Got interviews for a couple of awesome jobs and I hope I get an offer from one of those two!

'
I hear you man. Prac exam central in my physiotherapy course atm, physical examinations, muscle length/strength testing, electrophysical agents etc. I love it but god so much stress
Grubby - SaSe - Oz - Hero
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
October 21 2011 05:36 GMT
#12984
On October 21 2011 12:49 yeahitsyarn wrote:
But my next workout which was Wednesday went fantastic, worked on bar position after watching the new platform video on Starting Strength the squats went fantastic they went up quick and easy could honestly have done +20-30 pounds up from 235.

Which platform video are you talking about? The one that comes with the dvd?
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
October 21 2011 08:45 GMT
#12985
Gah I'm so frustrated with squats. For some reason it's almost easier for me to deadlift 140kg than squat 70kg T.T. I'm not gonna give up though I'll get those bastards eventually.
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
October 21 2011 09:50 GMT
#12986
On October 21 2011 09:34 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 08:34 KOVU wrote:
On October 21 2011 08:09 infinity21 wrote:
On October 21 2011 08:05 KOVU wrote:
I am stupid. Real stupid.

Yesterdays workout was: Squat, OHP, cleans and dips.
Tomorrows workout is: Squat, bench, DL and chins.

But for some stupid reason I decided to go for a run with my dad today. He challenged me for 1km sprint, I won but only barely (he might be 50, but he trains for a marathon and runs 60km a week). Now my glutes are really tired and I don't know if I should squat and dead tomorrow ((

Should I rest tomorrow, just do light weights or what do you think?

You could do a light day or if you have an extra rest day coming up soon, then you can take it now.

I think I will do that. I usually run in between workoutdays, but rarely its balls-to-wall batshit crazy running.

Feel so stupid too, was really looking forward to deadlifting tomorrow.


Make sure you eat enough, do a bit of stretching/foam rolling, and get a great nights sleep. Then tomorrow, you go as hard as you can, but if you honestly can't do it - it's alright. Better to back off and do a light day, than to injure yourself and be out for weeks.

Also, if running 1km is killing your glutes, you might not be engaging them to their full potential on your lifts... there was a previous article in this thread about the glutes, and how they're certainly the KING of athletic performance. If your hamstrings are "taking over" for them, then you aren't getting as much out of the lift as you could be. I know it really helped my squat and my dead to make sure I was engaging them on each lift.

It wasn't only 1km, it was 2km at an okay pace @ 4:15m/km and then 1km at as fast as I possibly could, prolly around 3min/km. And then a km in a casual cooldown pace. I am actually quite used to running and rarely feel really tired after running.

I got 11hours sleep, so thats good. I ate a ton of food last night so I hope I will do fine today.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
October 21 2011 11:40 GMT
#12987
On October 21 2011 17:45 Logros wrote:
Gah I'm so frustrated with squats. For some reason it's almost easier for me to deadlift 140kg than squat 70kg T.T. I'm not gonna give up though I'll get those bastards eventually.


I know exactly what you mean my deadlift is so much better than my squat!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
October 21 2011 12:06 GMT
#12988
On October 21 2011 20:40 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 17:45 Logros wrote:
Gah I'm so frustrated with squats. For some reason it's almost easier for me to deadlift 140kg than squat 70kg T.T. I'm not gonna give up though I'll get those bastards eventually.


I know exactly what you mean my deadlift is so much better than my squat!

I almost squat as much as I deadlift, but deadlift is by far my favorite :D
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
October 21 2011 12:55 GMT
#12989
FML

Yesterday, i was going to do 5x65kg ezz on bench, then some girls come in and start to chat, i miss last rep of last set...before it was so ezzzz...

Today, russian class, i talk my story fast and no stops. Teacher gives me fucking D+ because "she didnt like how i talked". FML

Tomorrow some shit will be destoried and earth will change its orbit.
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 21 2011 13:27 GMT
#12990
On October 21 2011 10:08 [GiTM]-Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2011 18:25 sJarl wrote:
I think you can put a little more effort in recovery before swapping them out. Eating more, foam rolling, taking walks and swimming on off days etc.

When you are squatting 3x / week you basicly live and breathe recovery


Can't you alter squat form to not affect your groin as much


You could try to bring your stance in a little bit or you could try front squats.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
yeahitsyarn
Profile Joined September 2011
8 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 18:21:23
October 21 2011 14:19 GMT
#12991
On October 21 2011 14:36 Advocado wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2011 12:49 yeahitsyarn wrote:
But my next workout which was Wednesday went fantastic, worked on bar position after watching the new platform video on Starting Strength the squats went fantastic they went up quick and easy could honestly have done +20-30 pounds up from 235.

Which platform video are you talking about? The one that comes with the dvd?



http://startingstrength.com/index.php/site/videos

"The Squat - Bar Position"

I found out i was holding it to low and was not having very tight shoulders. Now i feel like the bar is really over my mid foot, felt the bounce out of the bottom and not stress on my shoulder/elbow joints.

Got Done today was a decent day
Squats went Swell.. first set was tough second was was easier as with the third
OHP, these were a HUGE struggle today 145..i hit 5,5,4 so Ill retry this weight next wednesday, and after that I will probably start microloading.
Cleans- I realized i was catching the bar while standing straight up, so I am dropping down just a little bit and, the whole lift felt, no pun intended, cleaner. Very Excited to start seeing what I am able to muster out of this lift.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
October 21 2011 21:13 GMT
#12992
Cottage Cheese. What does it taste like? It's basically all protein.
☺
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 21:40:01
October 21 2011 21:39 GMT
#12993
On October 22 2011 06:13 Release wrote:
Cottage Cheese. What does it taste like? It's basically all protein.


crap. Dunno how can people eat that.

Edit: LOL at below
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
October 21 2011 21:39 GMT
#12994
On October 22 2011 06:13 Release wrote:
Cottage Cheese. What does it taste like? It's basically all protein.

Real, real, real bad. In my opinion at least
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 21 2011 22:50 GMT
#12995
Hit 110 for the first time in weeks thank god. Couldn't catch 115 to save my life though. My pull and speed seemed pretty good though.
Put the 110 in slow-mo too for fun.

how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
RemedySC
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada176 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 00:46:51
October 22 2011 00:21 GMT
#12996
Got a new max again on squats! :D

Squat: 210lbs 3x5
Bench: 140lbs 5-5-4
Pull-up: BW +10lbs 5-5-4
B-Row: 85lbs 3x5

Pretty good day now so far, going to make some supper and eat a ton!

Edit - Also bought some Chuck Taylors All-Stars and wow they feel so much better, but it will take a few workouts to get used to haha.
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
October 22 2011 01:06 GMT
#12997
fucking garbage day in the gym. Had to reset squat because I failed 255 AGAIN. Still can't get 140 3x5 press. Only thing I got done was rows which I haven't done in well over a month because of injuries and fucking around with cleaning for a week or two.

I dunno just shitty day in general. Gonna focus on recovery as much as I can this weekend despite having to work through it. argh.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
October 22 2011 01:42 GMT
#12998
Seems like we've got some good and bad days happening to our lifters, guess I'll try and shift it more towards the good with today's workout. Maxed snatch on Monday at 115lbs and knew I wouldn't be able to break it today so did snatch balance instead, hit 135lbs for 2x1. Not the heaviest lift in the world but, I just overhead squatted what most of the guys in my gym deadlift =p
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
JohnnyBanana
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada493 Posts
October 22 2011 01:47 GMT
#12999
On October 20 2011 13:05 phyre112 wrote:

In the US, you typically do an undergrad degree for four years which can be anything, so long as you take a core set of science courses. Personally, I'm doing biology and Exercise Science with a minor in philosophy for giggles. After that you have a bachelors, and attend medical school (graduate school) to receive an MD.


Yep I know this, but he said he's a med student with a degree in biomechanics and pursuing a physical therapy doctorate.

I don't know of anyone that in a pure MD program who is also pursuing a doctorate separately. Only the MD/PhD program would do something like that.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
October 22 2011 06:17 GMT
#13000
Squat is nearing 150 pounds. Woot.

Unfortunately I'm soo sleep deprived right now with college apps and all.
Prev 1 648 649 650 651 652 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2449
GuemChi 709
Leta 156
Snow 110
Terrorterran 72
Bale 30
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto17
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
summit1g6720
WinterStarcraft354
C9.Mang0276
Sick142
ViBE88
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1306
• Stunt413
Other Games
• Shiphtur394
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 45m
Patches Events
10h 45m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.