• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:10
CEST 22:10
KST 05:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8090 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 551

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 549 550 551 552 553 730 Next
BBWsuperstar
Profile Joined June 2011
74 Posts
September 05 2011 02:38 GMT
#11001
I know no one will ever read this because it's so low on the list, but i just wanted to write mine up.

BBW/Mark
age-20
height-5'10
weight-120

I'm not weak, just thin. I used to be able to run 6 miles, but then my apendix ruptured, and i spent 33 days out of 3 monthes in the hospital. (i didn't figure out it ruptured for 5 days, then i had complications.)
Anyway, now i can barely run 2. It's kind of sad. It's really hard for me to start this up again. I also work at 6am, so i'm in bed pretty early, so i don't know when to run or lift or anything.

I don't really have goals, i just want to be able to run if i need to.
All time is all time. It does not change. It does not lend itself to warnings or explanations. It simply is. Take it moment by moment, and you will find that we are all, as I've said before, bugs in amber.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 05 2011 02:43 GMT
#11002
On September 05 2011 11:38 BBWsuperstar wrote:
I know no one will ever read this because it's so low on the list, but i just wanted to write mine up.

BBW/Mark
age-20
height-5'10
weight-120

I'm not weak, just thin. I used to be able to run 6 miles, but then my apendix ruptured, and i spent 33 days out of 3 monthes in the hospital. (i didn't figure out it ruptured for 5 days, then i had complications.)
Anyway, now i can barely run 2. It's kind of sad. It's really hard for me to start this up again. I also work at 6am, so i'm in bed pretty early, so i don't know when to run or lift or anything.

I don't really have goals, i just want to be able to run if i need to.

Wow. That's really thin.

In one sense, I figure it's no good telling people who come here for running or whatnot to lift.

But I came into the thread fairly debilitated, and lifting has been immensely helpful. Running and everything. Went from 2 to 4.5 miles with very little running involved lol.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
September 05 2011 02:48 GMT
#11003
Had 1 meal today. 1lb wings, a large poutine, and a pint of beer. Definitely over 2k calories.
Intermittent fasting ftw? lmao
Official Entusman #21
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 02:50:54
September 05 2011 02:49 GMT
#11004
On September 05 2011 11:36 phyre112 wrote:
Thanks dimsum, helps to have examples. I'll post videos in a bit - i've only tried jerks once so far, so I would like to practice a touch first.



np, if thats your first time, I wouldnt even use the bar. Practice splitting with your feet without anything first. Front leg should have at least the shin perpendicular to the floor. Back leg can be either bent or straight, this is a preference I think. You have to figure this out yourself.
The toes should be pointed inward. (see below picture) This will keep you balanced.

[image loading]
This would be for a left handed person, since usually they will have their right foot out first..



@bbw, when do you get off work? surely you would have a little time for yourself!
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
September 05 2011 04:09 GMT
#11005
On September 05 2011 11:29 AoN.DimSum wrote:
I have trouble dipping and driving straight up. It has been getting better so my jerk has been improving a lot. I am starting to squat jerk again too lol. I have a tendency to move my feet too wide when I power jerk heavy, so I am forcing myself to drop lower instead of spreading my legs too far apart.

Heres my teammate: 69kg lifter
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=276520612362754


so sick...

in other news, I reset all my lifts after being sick for 10 days, form is better for everything now with full motion (i think).

Still no 6pack though!
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 05 2011 04:18 GMT
#11006
^^

For reference I have what could be vaguely construed as a six pack.

it's a sign I"m not eating enough >.>
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 05:04:30
September 05 2011 04:22 GMT
#11007
On September 05 2011 13:09 thedeadhaji wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 11:29 AoN.DimSum wrote:
I have trouble dipping and driving straight up. It has been getting better so my jerk has been improving a lot. I am starting to squat jerk again too lol. I have a tendency to move my feet too wide when I power jerk heavy, so I am forcing myself to drop lower instead of spreading my legs too far apart.

Heres my teammate: 69kg lifter
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=276520612362754


so sick...

in other news, I reset all my lifts after being sick for 10 days, form is better for everything now with full motion (i think).

Still no 6pack though!



O god (nvm link doesnt work)
115 POWER CLEAN AND JERK LOL

he was only doing 110 clean and jerk about 2 months ago!!!!
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
September 05 2011 04:45 GMT
#11008
^ looks like we dont have permission
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 05 2011 05:05 GMT
#11009
ah sorry, it was the same guy doing a easy 115 power clean and jerk.

I will be training with him tomorrow so hopefully ill get some videos.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 07:02:31
September 05 2011 07:01 GMT
#11010
On September 05 2011 10:00 Advocado wrote:
Speaking of zyzz, has anyone tried his routine? Looks pretty insane. I'm getting kinda tired of being SS and not making any progress.


From what I've learned recently from Lyle's articles, I'd say that the problem with his routine is that it doesn't train the same muscles twice a week.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/training-frequency-for-mass-gains.html

I recently switched to a modification of Lyle's bulking routine (a bit like glurio's routine), which has two workouts for upper and lower body per week.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 05 2011 07:24 GMT
#11011
@dimsum, I had permission for the last video... he must have just changed it.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 08:26:22
September 05 2011 07:28 GMT
#11012
btw guys, we finally got our own forum, so post in it!!

MOD EDIT pssssht

maybe add it to the op, eshlow
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 07:32:53
September 05 2011 07:32 GMT
#11013
On September 05 2011 11:49 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 11:36 phyre112 wrote:
Thanks dimsum, helps to have examples. I'll post videos in a bit - i've only tried jerks once so far, so I would like to practice a touch first.



np, if thats your first time, I wouldnt even use the bar. Practice splitting with your feet without anything first. Front leg should have at least the shin perpendicular to the floor. Back leg can be either bent or straight, this is a preference I think. You have to figure this out yourself.
The toes should be pointed inward. (see below picture) This will keep you balanced.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

This would be for a left handed person, since usually they will have their right foot out first..



@bbw, when do you get off work? surely you would have a little time for yourself!


hm, is there a reason for this? i'm right-handed but i never though about putting the left foot out first... right seemed just more natural to me. maybe I should try it with the left foot out
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Resent
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia938 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 08:26:32
September 05 2011 07:57 GMT
#11014
On September 05 2011 16:28 Zafrumi wrote:
btw guys, we finally got our own forum, so post in it!!

maybe add it to the op, eshlow

How the heck can you even navigate to it?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
September 05 2011 08:27 GMT
#11015
On September 05 2011 16:57 Resent wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 16:28 Zafrumi wrote:
btw guys, we finally got our own forum, so post in it!!

maybe add it to the op, eshlow

How the heck can you even navigate to it?

You don't, as it is not supposed to be public yet. Needs some more work on the guides and stickies. I'll publish it as soon as its done don't worry.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
September 05 2011 08:46 GMT
#11016
oops sorry
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 11:37:19
September 05 2011 11:36 GMT
#11017
was going for 2x72.5kg c&j today and missed the second jerk after a very sloppy clean (
but then I murdered 110kg squat (5-5-5)! getting closer to my old PB
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 13:23:17
September 05 2011 13:14 GMT
#11018
Two things started to worry me today(no training, just eating+squats theory)

Firstly, i eat in the morning 2-3 sandwiches(with real bread, not that white crap) and next time i eat around 12.00 for a little snack and then 18.00 for a big meal again, when gym day then something before gym. My mother is worried that i dont eat enought at the day time and my meals are too far apart...is that a problem? At the mornings i couldnt eat more, i am thinking of making some more sandwiches for school

Secondly, all my friends, ALL of them are telling me to not do full squats but half squats...but i remember here that full squats are better half squats
BUT
this ( http://stronglifts.com/how-to-squat-with-proper-technique-fix-common-problems/ ) tells me:
Many idiot personal trainers and "highly educated" (but dumb) doctors will tell you to do half Squats to keep your knees safe. This is the WORST advice ever - you'll HURT your knees if you do what they say.

"Your knees should never go past your toes." I find it impossible to do without losing balance with weight on my back, lack of hip movement? I did my low workout(did all 5 exercises to get used to the gym) and i just couldnt help letting those knees go over toes... :/. Lack of tehnique, i dont think so it is because i am very tall, i think my upper body is in the wrong position and goes way foward. Any other things i should look at and improve when i am having this problem?


-e- just checked, it is about an inch over or a bit more while squating.
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
September 05 2011 13:35 GMT
#11019
On September 05 2011 22:14 inimenesc wrote:
Two things started to worry me today(no training, just eating+squats theory)

Firstly, i eat in the morning 2-3 sandwiches(with real bread, not that white crap) and next time i eat around 12.00 for a little snack and then 18.00 for a big meal again, when gym day then something before gym. My mother is worried that i dont eat enought at the day time and my meals are too far apart...is that a problem? At the mornings i couldnt eat more, i am thinking of making some more sandwiches for school

Secondly, all my friends, ALL of them are telling me to not do full squats but half squats...but i remember here that full squats are better half squats
BUT
this ( http://stronglifts.com/how-to-squat-with-proper-technique-fix-common-problems/ ) tells me:
Many idiot personal trainers and "highly educated" (but dumb) doctors will tell you to do half Squats to keep your knees safe. This is the WORST advice ever - you'll HURT your knees if you do what they say.

"Your knees should never go past your toes." I find it impossible to do without losing balance with weight on my back, lack of hip movement? I did my low workout(did all 5 exercises to get used to the gym) and i just couldnt help letting those knees go over toes... :/. Lack of tehnique, i dont think so it is because i am very tall, i think my upper body is in the wrong position and goes way foward. Any other things i should look at and improve when i am having this problem?


-e- just checked, it is about an inch over or a bit more while squating.

Most of my days I go something like this:

07:15 Breakfast
09:00 Snack
11:00-12:00 Lunch (big meal)
14:00-15:00 Snack
18.00 Dinner
20:00 Workout

Around the workout I have some caffine/sugar/protein mix and after the workout I usually have a big shake (1k+ cals)
So yes, I eat most of the day lol.

Half-squats are more likely to ruin your knees than full squats, just tell them a guy on the internet told you that and laugh at their reactions.

Knees can go over the toes but that is dependant on if you know how to squat properly at all.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 13:44:11
September 05 2011 13:43 GMT
#11020
On September 05 2011 16:32 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 11:49 AoN.DimSum wrote:
On September 05 2011 11:36 phyre112 wrote:
Thanks dimsum, helps to have examples. I'll post videos in a bit - i've only tried jerks once so far, so I would like to practice a touch first.



np, if thats your first time, I wouldnt even use the bar. Practice splitting with your feet without anything first. Front leg should have at least the shin perpendicular to the floor. Back leg can be either bent or straight, this is a preference I think. You have to figure this out yourself.
The toes should be pointed inward. (see below picture) This will keep you balanced.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

This would be for a left handed person, since usually they will have their right foot out first..



@bbw, when do you get off work? surely you would have a little time for yourself!


hm, is there a reason for this? i'm right-handed but i never though about putting the left foot out first... right seemed just more natural to me. maybe I should try it with the left foot out


No clue, its what most people do. It should be what naturally comes out first, so if your left foot comes out first, thats fine. Did anyone ever test you to see which is your lead leg?

Thanks zatic for the new forum! :D
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Prev 1 549 550 551 552 553 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 791
Dewaltoss 108
firebathero 81
Zeus 64
910 38
Trap 36
NaDa 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 18
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6562
420jenkins274
monkeys_forever99
Counter-Strike
edward92
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS149
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2222
Other Games
summit1g5576
Grubby2837
B2W.Neo679
Beastyqt639
shahzam415
byalli411
KnowMe158
TKL 144
C9.Mang0143
ToD107
Railgan16
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 35
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 50m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 50m
Stellar Fest
16h 50m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.