• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:24
CEST 21:24
KST 04:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7658 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 549

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 547 548 549 550 551 730 Next
caruso
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany733 Posts
September 04 2011 06:52 GMT
#10961
On September 04 2011 07:05 JeeJee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 05:48 caruso wrote:
caruso
Age: 23 || Height: 173 cm || Weight: 65 kg
Starting Date: 03.09.2011 || Goal Date: 01.10.2011, 01.11.2011
Weight goals: 62 kg, 59 kg
Misc goals: get fucking sleeping cycle right.


Dang that's really light. Any particular reason you're looking to lose further weight? I know marathoners are usually quite light (geb was 56kg at 165cm), but aside from that..

It's just.. this particular post strikes with me because I'm basically the same height and used to weigh your goal weight (59kg). Actually I was even 57kg at one point. Looking back on my pictures now I'm shocked I was ever that skinny.. like starving-child skinny.
Just wondering the reason for that goal, I can't imagine our frames being too different


Guess I've just got light bones. I'm quite chubby, actually.
Zurachi
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada289 Posts
September 04 2011 07:00 GMT
#10962
Age: 22 || Height: 5'9" || Weight: 200lbs
Starting Date: 29/08/11 || Goal Date: 31/12/11
Weight goals -- 180 By the end of this December. 170 is the main milestone.
Training goals -- Being able to stick to a scheduled routine without taking days off or cutting corners. Increase workout frequency and intensity monthly.
Nutrition goals -- Completely cut fast food out of my diet. Start cooking at home everyday. Smaller and more frequent meals.
Misc goals -- I want to have MORE energy! More energy means more starcraft, amirite? :D

On September 04 2011 01:58 glurio wrote:
Aim for one pound a week.


I think thats actually a good, patient mentality to have. I'll go with it. Thanks!
@ZurachiTV | www.youtube.com/ZurachiTV | "Satisfaction is the beginning of regression."
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
September 04 2011 11:56 GMT
#10963
I just played a game of indoor soccer and got raped due to lack of conditioning.

What do people do for interval training? I'm thinking I'll keep it basic and do hill sprints. 20-30m up a steep gradient and just repeat until I get tired. I'll do this once or twice a week.
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
September 04 2011 12:41 GMT
#10964
On September 04 2011 20:56 Ludrik wrote:
I just played a game of indoor soccer and got raped due to lack of conditioning.

What do people do for interval training? I'm thinking I'll keep it basic and do hill sprints. 20-30m up a steep gradient and just repeat until I get tired. I'll do this once or twice a week.


The program I did was 30 seconds of high intensity followed by 60 seconds of low intensity. It went something like this:

1.) 2 minute warmup with light-moderate intensity
2.) 30 seconds of high intensity
3.) 60 seconds of low intensity
4.) (Repeat 2 and 3 six to eight times)
5.) 2 minute cooldown with low intensity

Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
September 04 2011 13:04 GMT
#10965
On September 04 2011 21:41 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 20:56 Ludrik wrote:
I just played a game of indoor soccer and got raped due to lack of conditioning.

What do people do for interval training? I'm thinking I'll keep it basic and do hill sprints. 20-30m up a steep gradient and just repeat until I get tired. I'll do this once or twice a week.


The program I did was 30 seconds of high intensity followed by 60 seconds of low intensity. It went something like this:

1.) 2 minute warmup with light-moderate intensity
2.) 30 seconds of high intensity
3.) 60 seconds of low intensity
4.) (Repeat 2 and 3 six to eight times)
5.) 2 minute cooldown with low intensity


I think something along those lines would suit me really well. Do you feel as though it was effective for you?
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
Snapplecakes
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway78 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 14:29:33
September 04 2011 13:30 GMT
#10966
im just redoing my post for some more background information.. this is a huge deal for me and i want to make it justice.. ill repost soon





SQUATS AND OATS!
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
September 04 2011 13:38 GMT
#10967
Great work man! There's a huuuge difference between the before and after photos.
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
September 04 2011 13:41 GMT
#10968
@Dimsum

I've got a question about "maxing."

John Broz says that you should make six max attempts for a lift every session. What exactly does that mean? If I hit a new PR, do I try to move the weight up a little and hit another PR? If I fail on a lift, do I try again right after? I'm not completely certain what I'm supposed to be doing here, and as of late I've just been making one PR attempt in all of my lifts before backing off.

@Ludrik

Yeah, it was effective for me. Even more important was there was a study comparing HIIT to normal cardio using this format, and the HIIT group beat the normal cardio group significantly in weight loss.
edzwoo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States469 Posts
September 04 2011 13:49 GMT
#10969
Hey guys, I'm new to this thread and working out in general. I just started a version of SS about 3 weeks ago and I've been trying to get my form down by myself. I've got a video of me doing my third set of squats and pendlay rows which are the ones I'm most concerned with my form.

I kinda found out recently that starting strength's book revolves around low bar squatting, but I was actually doing my squats with the bar positioned on my traps while trying to follow the instructions in the book, so that probably hasn't been very good for my back .

Rows I'm just not really sure what to look for since there isn't much material on it on SS. I've just been youtubing videos and reading forums/articles.

If it matters at all I'm 6' and 167lb.

Here's my third set of squats.
+ Show Spoiler +


3rd set of rows. Crappy makeshift elevation solution. Maybe not the best idea because the iron plates aren't very good for stacking... but I'll probably go and buy some more mats later.
+ Show Spoiler +


If I have to drop down weights or something to get form right, that's okay. I'm a total newbie so go easy on me!
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
September 04 2011 14:19 GMT
#10970
Great work @ Snapplecakes (although I don't know why you edited your post out). Losing 20kg+ in 5 months is quite an accomplishement. Don't know how you manage to only eat 1400kcal on off-days. I would starve to death.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Ohnoes92
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden76 Posts
September 04 2011 14:20 GMT
#10971
@Snapplecakes:
Holy shit! Couch potato to general awesomness and great progress on the lifts.
Ohai!
kurrysauce
Profile Joined October 2010
272 Posts
September 04 2011 14:25 GMT
#10972
Hey , I posted my problem here before . Was wondering if anybody had experience dealing with muscle tightness .

I went to a sports practitioner couple weeks ago because my left upper back muscles were tight and hurting like a bitch. Been having this pain for a couple months now. He told me its because they were tight and advised me to stop doing such high intensity work. ( I was doing Texas method at that time , with great success I might add )

Unfortunately , I'm a poor student who can't afford to receive treatment from him until I save enough money. Any of you guys know how to relieve upper back pain or tightness?
Snapplecakes
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway78 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 15:11:01
September 04 2011 14:56 GMT
#10973
heres some background information that not everyone might want to read, its about my journey from 135kg to where i am now !

+ Show Spoiler +

so its time for the biggest update in my life!

i wanna start out with some background story as this goes back to my teens!

all through my life ive been overweight, ive been what you would call a nerd and an emotional eater.. i used to sit infront of my comp and game WOW 14 hours a day, i dropped out of school
and just basically lived my life through the monitor. i can still remember the day i went on the scale and it clocked in at 135kg and i still managed to tell myself that "its allright dude
youre just a big guy with a big build, atleast youre strong and got charm!"

[image loading]

yeeeeahh.. i wouldnt exactly call this charming in any sense of the word haha


the big turning point for me came at a point where i was basically playing games til 10 am in the morning and sleeping til close to midnight just to get up again and game even more, i got seriously ill
the spring of 2008 after dropping out of school AGAIN to game even more.. i got some sort of arthritis that they never managed to diagnose completely, to put it short i was constantly nauseus,
my foot swelled up and i was in serious bad mental condition and got admitted to the hospital to find out what was wrong with me.. i made a slow recovery and decided that now is the time to do
something with my life, i started as chef trainee at a hotel and started losing weight rapidly (just from actually being active)

[image loading]

after this i started to notice my weight loss and decided to cut out all kinds of soda and candy, i however still ate pretty much what i wanted for dinner etc and never had any fixed meals
after 6 months of this i looked something like this at roughly 95kg

[image loading]


however relapses were bound to happend after i moved from a mountain resort and to the big city and i still remember that detrimental day when i decided to buy just *one* bar of chocolate at the store
the rest is history as i slowly gained 10 kg over the following year and a half. i was suddenly back to 105kg

i started working at one of the best gourmet restaurants in oslo, living a hectic lifestyle where just craming chocolate down my throat to not pass out from the 16 hour/6 days a week shifts and HEAVY amounts
of after shift drinking (chefs lifestyle eh?) pretty much as drugs, alcohol and rock'n'roll you can get.. after finally burning out from this i started to work lunch and thats when i had a talk with a good firned
of mine that i ironically met through playin WoW several years ago talking to me about this book he had read about fitness and how hes been working out steadily through the last few years, being a small guy that he was
i was impressed with the progress he had made and thought to myself that "hey, i have enough time on my hands.. i should do this myself!"

the book he gave me was by Tom Venuto and i still thing its a great book except for some of the outdated broscience in there, it still helped me get into the mental state i had to get into to start

i went down to my local gym, signed up and started doing cardio 3 times a week and lifting 2 times a week, dropped down to 98kg.. also went on the good old 5 meals a day to stoke my metabolism(haha).. this lasted a wonderfull 1 month before
i caught a cold and that was enough for me to pussy out and telling myself i needed to eat more to recover, burned out on the running and i didnt want to go back!

meanwhile the friend i mentioned earlier had discovered the leangains site, i was curious and he linked it to me.. over the next week i sat and read every single article and link posted on the sitre, i was hooked and back for vengeance!

then i went to trondheim to visit my training buddy, had a great starting session with him again and i was fired up, weighed 105.5kg and this time i was gonna make it.. do or die!


which brings back to where i am now, after much experimenting with the amount of kcals to eat on offdays and workout days i ended up with what ive been doing for 5 months now


Starting date: 27/03/2011


here are my starting pictures the day i started working out:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


stats:


Age: 23 weight: 232.1 lbs/105.5 kg height: 182 cm


Lifts when i started:

Deadlift: 50 kg
Squats: 40 kg
Bench press: 40 kg
Flies: 6 kg dumbell (laying down)
"chinups" on the pulldown machine: 55 kg
dips: 45 kilo assisted


sooo what ive been doing is basically 1400 kcal on my low kcal days with macros roughly 15/45/40 and 1800 on my workout days doing 50/40/10 carbs/protein/fat and one day a week i had what i call my "sanity" day where i ate what i wanted aslong as i got enough protein and was under 2500kcal..

i didnt do a paleo style diet, ive been eating bread, oats and the occational processed crap on my days off but ive kept it as clean as possible (ie no BK or mcdonalds like i used to before when i was fatter)

ive been doing the compound lifts with dips, flies and chinups added to the cycle going 3x3x3 on deadlift and the rest 5(reps)x3(sets)!

finished first cut stats: 04/09/2011

Weight: 82.0kg

lifts:

Deadlift: 147.5 x3 then doing reverse pyramid 135kg x4 125kg x6
squats 102.5kg 5x3
bench press: 77.5kg 5x3
flies: 24kg 7x3
chinups: BW+ 18.75kg 5x3
dips BW+ 28.75kg 5x3


as for weight i went from 105.5kg to 82.0 kg from the end of march til 04.09.2011

and here are the update pics from today, sadly i dont have any of me flexing when i started out but tbh there was very little there to even flex LOL

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


wanna give a shoutout to martin berkhan aswell for helping the community and developing the leangains approach, also for all the work and research he puts into his articles! lengains changed my life

ive been dieting since march and im pretty sick of it now and decided to bulk til after xmas and then cut down for the final results for the summer :D!

just want to give a huge shoutout to my rocky coach/maverick sinep for getting me into training and a healthy lifestyle! thanks alot man, i wouldnt be here without you!



SQUATS AND OATS!
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
September 04 2011 15:01 GMT
#10974
On September 04 2011 20:56 Ludrik wrote:
I just played a game of indoor soccer and got raped due to lack of conditioning.

What do people do for interval training? I'm thinking I'll keep it basic and do hill sprints. 20-30m up a steep gradient and just repeat until I get tired. I'll do this once or twice a week.

I do 8 sets of 20 sec sprint/10 sec rest. You get tired ridiculously fast even though it's just a 4 minute workout. Personally I find that running hard 2x as much as you rest gives you really great exhaustion.

If you like the hill sprints keep doing them, they're kickass. Try and get them in at least twice a week.
Sup.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
September 04 2011 15:19 GMT
#10975
Holy shit Snapple. This is awesome.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
September 04 2011 15:23 GMT
#10976
On September 05 2011 00:19 sJarl wrote:
Holy shit Snapple. This is awesome.

second that, awesome gains in lifts and awesome weight/looks change.
our first success story for new subforum..mods!!!

Had only 2h and 45min sleep tonight....i am dead...kill me please.

GOGOGOGO onwards friends.
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
September 04 2011 16:38 GMT
#10977
On September 05 2011 00:19 sJarl wrote:
Holy shit Snapple. This is awesome.


I don't know any other way to put it...

Amazing work!
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
September 04 2011 17:21 GMT
#10978
On September 05 2011 00:23 inimenesc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 00:19 sJarl wrote:
Holy shit Snapple. This is awesome.

second that, awesome gains in lifts and awesome weight/looks change.
our first success story for new subforum..mods!!!

Had only 2h and 45min sleep tonight....i am dead...kill me please.

GOGOGOGO onwards friends.


take a nap :-)
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
September 04 2011 17:45 GMT
#10979
On September 05 2011 00:23 inimenesc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 00:19 sJarl wrote:
Holy shit Snapple. This is awesome.

second that, awesome gains in lifts and awesome weight/looks change.
our first success story for new subforum..mods!!!

Had only 2h and 45min sleep tonight....i am dead...kill me please.

GOGOGOGO onwards friends.


Sounds like lots of my workout days Stupid military school and their disregard for sleep...

On another note, I did a workout yesterday consisting of squats and sprints (really awesome way to change things up), and then a..less conventional..partner workout at night.

My core, legs, and glutes are so sore
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 17:53:06
September 04 2011 17:52 GMT
#10980
sore as fuck today...not sure if its from the rugby game or the ensuing jello wrestling against two girls afterwards :D

First exhibition game of the season next week and the week after is a pretty decent sized oly lifting meet. Need to get ready!

Amazing progress snapple!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 547 548 549 550 551 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 521
UpATreeSC 110
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 960
Dewaltoss 120
firebathero 83
Zeus 69
Trap 43
910 39
Bale 23
NaDa 19
ToSsGirL 19
JYJ 17
[ Show more ]
zelot 14
Shine 12
Dota 2
Gorgc5940
420jenkins234
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1230
Fnx 918
edward66
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS133
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1896
Other Games
summit1g4752
Grubby3068
Beastyqt701
B2W.Neo607
byalli413
C9.Mang0164
KnowMe160
TKL 148
shahzam90
BRAT_OK 67
Chillindude14
Railgan14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV261
BasetradeTV251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream115
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur377
• WagamamaTV290
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 36m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 36m
Stellar Fest
17h 36m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.