• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:38
CEST 02:38
KST 09:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8841 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 548

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 546 547 548 549 550 730 Next
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
September 03 2011 22:05 GMT
#10941
On September 04 2011 05:48 caruso wrote:
caruso
Age: 23 || Height: 173 cm || Weight: 65 kg
Starting Date: 03.09.2011 || Goal Date: 01.10.2011, 01.11.2011
Weight goals: 62 kg, 59 kg
Misc goals: get fucking sleeping cycle right.


Dang that's really light. Any particular reason you're looking to lose further weight? I know marathoners are usually quite light (geb was 56kg at 165cm), but aside from that..

It's just.. this particular post strikes with me because I'm basically the same height and used to weigh your goal weight (59kg). Actually I was even 57kg at one point. Looking back on my pictures now I'm shocked I was ever that skinny.. like starving-child skinny.
Just wondering the reason for that goal, I can't imagine our frames being too different
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
September 03 2011 22:57 GMT
#10942
Being an intermediate lifter on a caloric deficit sucks, linear progression was so much more fun. My squat is actually decreasing at the moment, I missed 207,5kg today (that was my first missed squat since 18months, and I dumped it safely on the pins, that was actually good for my missing-confidence). Especially strange since my last warm-up set with 170kg felt like paper-weight and 190kg also was very easy. I don't exactly know what is wrong, but I am gonna dump Front Squats for now (since my quads just feel extremely stressed) and will do one weak of light squatting, to counter any possiblity of overtraining.
Well, actually the 30 minutes of Jump Robe yesterday surely didn't help, either, fucking too many variables, but I am not willing to give up my HIIT and intervalls, so it doesn't matter. Anyway, I need to fix my schedule to optimize rest-time and coorperate some less intense lifting days instead of going all out most of the time.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
September 03 2011 23:54 GMT
#10943
First workout in a little over two months, numbers were total crap, but my ankle feels pretty good. In addition to SS I have a 45 minute workout I have to do for my ankle twice a day every day. That combined with two 1 hour sessions with my PT every week means that fitness is going to be a significant portion of my life for the next month or two.
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
September 04 2011 00:05 GMT
#10944
Why only a month or two?

Keep it going yo
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
September 04 2011 00:09 GMT
#10945
Doing PT/SS and 1 1/2 hours of ankle work a day...
Since I started lifting a few weeks ago I have been highly motivated and even I would have a hard time with such a rigorous schedule. 21/2 - 3 hours a day... just take it one day at a time man, im sure you can keep it up.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
September 04 2011 00:09 GMT
#10946
Well the physical therapy will be done by then, after that it is just regular workout.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 00:45:54
September 04 2011 00:45 GMT
#10947
Does anyone do behind neck pull ups? I just started to do them and I really like it. I'm trying to gain extra flexibility in my shoulders so I'm hoping this will help.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 04 2011 00:50 GMT
#10948
On September 04 2011 09:45 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Does anyone do behind neck pull ups? I just started to do them and I really like it. I'm trying to gain extra flexibility in my shoulders so I'm hoping this will help.


You're probably fine for them since you do Oly.

I personally do no like any of the behind the neck lifts (pullups, presses, etc.) nor do I like upright rows. Don't like wide grip pullups either unless your RC is strong. Puts the shoulders in awkward positions.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 04 2011 00:58 GMT
#10949
I eventually want to do clean grip shoulder dislocations! hahaha

btw what does RC stand for?
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 04 2011 01:00 GMT
#10950
On September 04 2011 09:58 AoN.DimSum wrote:
I eventually want to do clean grip shoulder dislocations! hahaha

btw what does RC stand for?


rotator cuff.

All of the above exercises put it in an awkward position. Remember that the shoulder is strongest at the middle of it's range of motion. When you externally rotate the shoulder all of the way there is very little "stability" for the RC. That means if you lose any type of control or when you get tired your potential for injury goes up significantly over other exercises because it's much easier to strain muscles or sprain something
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 04 2011 01:12 GMT
#10951
Can you recomend any rc strengthening exercises? Or does it matter much?
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Steeped
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada87 Posts
September 04 2011 01:16 GMT
#10952
hey guys been awhile since i posted here, thanks to SS i certainly feel way more confident than i did b4 and my shoulder has healed up pretty nicely. I took my squat and deadlift from measly 100lbs to 210lbs and 255lbs respectively. The deadlift i can most definitely do more but the squat is getting tough.Thanks to this thread i've definitely gotten stronger but i feel like i enjoy bodybuilding style more than strength training. For the next few months im gonna try a Layne Norton style hybrid workout because SS made me realize how important strength training is. If anyone has any tips they would be appreciated although i have done a lot of research on my own haha.

Also i have a question about a long distance runners nutrition. My brother is getting into long distance running and he asked me for nutrition advice but im not to sure if weight lifting nutrition would be the same for runners, i feel like it would be different. If anyone here maybe Eshlow can give me some advice on that to i would be very happy. All he needs to know is what type of stuff he should eat and how many calories. I know absolutely nothiing about long distance running haha.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 04 2011 01:19 GMT
#10953
On September 04 2011 10:12 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Can you recomend any rc strengthening exercises? Or does it matter much?


For you probably not much. Oly lifts hit the external rotators well.

Generally, the internals are pretty strong. If anything most people need the externals and you can hit them with the middle part of the cuban press if you want to do some extra. BUt if your shoulders aren't bothering you I'd just ignore it
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 04 2011 01:21 GMT
#10954
On September 04 2011 10:16 Steeped wrote:
hey guys been awhile since i posted here, thanks to SS i certainly feel way more confident than i did b4 and my shoulder has healed up pretty nicely. I took my squat and deadlift from measly 100lbs to 210lbs and 255lbs respectively. The deadlift i can most definitely do more but the squat is getting tough.Thanks to this thread i've definitely gotten stronger but i feel like i enjoy bodybuilding style more than strength training. For the next few months im gonna try a Layne Norton style hybrid workout because SS made me realize how important strength training is. If anyone has any tips they would be appreciated although i have done a lot of research on my own haha.

Also i have a question about a long distance runners nutrition. My brother is getting into long distance running and he asked me for nutrition advice but im not to sure if weight lifting nutrition would be the same for runners, i feel like it would be different. If anyone here maybe Eshlow can give me some advice on that to i would be very happy. All he needs to know is what type of stuff he should eat and how many calories. I know absolutely nothiing about long distance running haha.


Nutrition-wise make sure he is getting enough proteins... good fist size hunk every meal. Otherwise, starchy carbs are quite good for endurance runners.

Depends what distance he's doing if he has to massively eat a lot of carbs or just some.

Non-processed foods are obviously best -- rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Steeped
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada87 Posts
September 04 2011 04:46 GMT
#10955
Thanks eshlow
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 06:04:31
September 04 2011 06:01 GMT
#10956
Today I felt like the biggest boss at the gym. To date my favorite day at the gym. I don't know what it is with me, but I love trying my maxes (I get some arousal from lifting heavy weights). So after working for 2-3 weeks to improve my technique for the 225lb squat I decided to try a 255lb max squat. And was it a cake-walk; 4 beautifully performed squats with energy to spare. And this is for my paper-thin 70kg 5'10 frame. I did what I didn't think would be possible for my body, doing 1.75x my body weight. Anyways I'm loving life, and good to see everyone having improvements here too.

Now time to get my bench up from the measly 145lb... Also my new 4k calorie daily diet seems to be working well, I don't feel fat eating it, and for the whole 3 days I've been eating like this, I don't feel more fat (albeit it is 3 days). And just everyone keep in mind, sleep is so important, getting 9-10 hours of sleep is very good. So if you are from North America, and still awake playing starcraft, shame on you (:

Also I was talking to the fitness trainer at my gym today, and he was commentating how he would recommend me doing the Arnold overhead sitting dumbbell press as opposed to the regular overhead sitting dumbbell press. Thoughts? (for a power-lifting centric workout)
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 04 2011 06:21 GMT
#10957
I've never understood the arnold press, but everyone here seems to do it instead of a regular ohp, DB OHP, push press, anything. It appears to be the vertical movement of choice.

I really just need to say thank you to everyone in this thread tonight. Went out to a big party, hundred or two hundred people, was straight up called "sexy" by girls who didn't know my name three times (twice by gay men) asked to dance, by women, a half dozen times, and I got those "bedroom eyes" I can't even count how many times. In addition, friends have commented on my improved good looks this year, and I've been told that girls in my dorm, behind my back call me "mr. Sexy" - whether that is because I walk to the shower in a towel and underwear, or because I'm looking good, I have yet to determine.

This thread has given me a solid mile and a half of confidence, that I never would have been able to earn (because I never would have stuck to a workout) otherwise. So thanks to each and every one of you. Keep doing what you're doing. Keep being awesome.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 06:28:42
September 04 2011 06:28 GMT
#10958
On September 04 2011 15:21 phyre112 wrote:
I've never understood the arnold press, but everyone here seems to do it instead of a regular ohp, DB OHP, push press, anything. It appears to be the vertical movement of choice.

I really just need to say thank you to everyone in this thread tonight. Went out to a big party, hundred or two hundred people, was straight up called "sexy" by girls who didn't know my name three times (twice by gay men) asked to dance, by women, a half dozen times, and I got those "bedroom eyes" I can't even count how many times. In addition, friends have commented on my improved good looks this year, and I've been told that girls in my dorm, behind my back call me "mr. Sexy" - whether that is because I walk to the shower in a towel and underwear, or because I'm looking good, I have yet to determine.

This thread has given me a solid mile and a half of confidence, that I never would have been able to earn (because I never would have stuck to a workout) otherwise. So thanks to each and every one of you. Keep doing what you're doing. Keep being awesome.


This so many times over!!! Thank you so much Teamliquid, without all of you here I wouldn't have ever given the gym a chance, totally changed my life in a great way. I love you all! <3
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
September 04 2011 06:37 GMT
#10959
lol

this is dumb. I was working out for basic training but its been delayed so long I still haee like 3-4 months

and I can already do what it takes to graduate with honors and then some. this gonna be ezpz
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 04 2011 06:45 GMT
#10960
Today moved my grandma into new assisted living place with uncle.

Scared shit out of grandma, mom, and aunt by lifting heavy safe.

Deadlift is good.
Prev 1 546 547 548 549 550 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2478
Artosis 685
White-Ra 116
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever586
NeuroSwarm201
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv300
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe160
Other Games
summit1g8893
shahzam598
JimRising 575
C9.Mang0316
ArmadaUGS60
RuFF_SC29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream334
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta20
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 22m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 22m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.