• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:08
CEST 12:08
KST 19:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9168 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1052

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 5162 Next
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 29 2014 15:08 GMT
#21021
On January 30 2014 00:04 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 00:03 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On January 30 2014 00:01 Cixah wrote:
I mean I just watch cameras and get to tell my technicians to go help these poor stupid people. The only legit shitty job is if there is a fatality because then I get to suffer through finding where they died. It is not at all pleasant to see a dead body, on camera or otherwise.


:/

Blech.

I didn't even end up wanting to make a joke about this. That does suck. I hope there are some decent perks.


don't worry, I'm sure teut or scip will be here soon to make a less than tasteless joke

On January 30 2014 00:07 Slayer91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 00:01 Cixah wrote:
I mean I just watch cameras and get to tell my technicians to go help these poor stupid people. The only legit shitty job is if there is a fatality because then I get to suffer through finding where they died. It is not at all pleasant to see a dead body, on camera or otherwise.


some necrophiliacs would disagree with you

Europeans are terrible people.
It's your boy Guzma!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 15:09 GMT
#21022
On January 30 2014 00:07 Slayer91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 00:01 Cixah wrote:
I mean I just watch cameras and get to tell my technicians to go help these poor stupid people. The only legit shitty job is if there is a fatality because then I get to suffer through finding where they died. It is not at all pleasant to see a dead body, on camera or otherwise.


some necrophiliacs would disagree with you
+ Show Spoiler +

on request, no ban plx


spoiler made me giggle
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
January 29 2014 15:12 GMT
#21023
You kinda get used to seeing dead people.

Never really, but kinda.


I'll assure you though, it's easier to only see them on video.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 29 2014 15:13 GMT
#21024
Pretty content only going to bone saw labs as opposed to the cadaver labs like some people do around here.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
January 29 2014 15:14 GMT
#21025
On January 29 2014 23:49 JonGalt wrote:
http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

this is a pretty cool short story. definitely worth 5-10 minutes of your time.


I could see where this was going, I've heard things like this before. Still don't agree with it in the least but then I don't know if that's the point of the story and I certainly don't want to get into a debate about it. A quasi-religious debate would probably give everyone who comes to this thread for fun a heart attack anyways.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 29 2014 15:14 GMT
#21026
I will say I'd rather find them on video than in person, but I'd rather not at all. The worst is motorcycles, Finding pieces is much harder than finding whole beings.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 15:15 GMT
#21027
On January 30 2014 00:12 Dandel Ion wrote:
You kinda get used to seeing dead people.

Never really, but kinda.


I'll assure you though, it's easier to only see them on video.


I was thinking the same thing, but I imagine it would be harder to do if it was your job to watch a crash that just happened and you were the one person who had to watch to see when/where/how they died
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
January 29 2014 15:22 GMT
#21028
@req sign me up for req's tour of the internet 2015 please. I'd like a January appointment if possible.

@phyvo the author (in an AMA) said he doesn't believe that but it stemmed from an argument with his aunt and he wanted to create a universe where it was fair to everyone.

being a necrophiliac seems like it would be pretty easy actually. just work at a morgue. also I feel like you'd be able to find a significant other with your passion in this day and age. hell you could start a funeral home together.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
January 29 2014 15:25 GMT
#21029
must suck to think dead guys get more pussy than you
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
January 29 2014 15:29 GMT
#21030
at least you're still able to suck and think, dead people can't do that.

stay positive yo
A backwards poet writes inverse.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 29 2014 15:34 GMT
#21031
I just lost an hour and a half of work ughhh. Save early and often but if you save it before it's done it gets screwed up. Thanks for the timing out warning, oh wait :\
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Kyrie
Profile Joined June 2013
1594 Posts
January 29 2014 15:35 GMT
#21032
this is a weird conversation

anybody know how ranks in hearthstone match up to league? like legend = diamond, rank 5 = plat, etc. i have no idea if these guesses are even close, just throwing them out there
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
January 29 2014 15:39 GMT
#21033
I've seen "The Egg" pop up way too often over the years, and I must say, it is not a very good story at all. Poor writing, meaningless concept, all wrapped up in a nice little package of pseudo-intellectual masturbatory philosophizing. Did I mention it was terrible writing?

I wouldn't care if not for the fact that it gets reposted and brought up every couple weeks on Reddit, at which point legions of plebeians who have never read anything more worthwhile than Harry Potter assemble to heap undeserving praise on it. Sickening.
TranslatorBaa!
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
January 29 2014 15:39 GMT
#21034
On January 30 2014 00:34 mordek wrote:
I just lost an hour and a half of work ughhh. Save early and often but if you save it before it's done it gets screwed up. Thanks for the timing out warning, oh wait :\


#thingsIveLearnedFromRPGs
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 15:42 GMT
#21035
On January 30 2014 00:39 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 00:34 mordek wrote:
I just lost an hour and a half of work ughhh. Save early and often but if you save it before it's done it gets screwed up. Thanks for the timing out warning, oh wait :\


#thingsIveLearnedFromRPGs


#thingsIveLearnedFromMakingTheSameDamnMistake
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 29 2014 15:44 GMT
#21036
The trick is to copy the text just in case it timed out without alerting you. I neglected this trick today and failed
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Kyrie
Profile Joined June 2013
1594 Posts
January 29 2014 15:51 GMT
#21037
On January 30 2014 00:39 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
I've seen "The Egg" pop up way too often over the years, and I must say, it is not a very good story at all. Poor writing, meaningless concept, all wrapped up in a nice little package of pseudo-intellectual masturbatory philosophizing. Did I mention it was terrible writing?

I wouldn't care if not for the fact that it gets reposted and brought up every couple weeks on Reddit, at which point legions of plebeians who have never read anything more worthwhile than Harry Potter assemble to heap undeserving praise on it. Sickening.

i think the last question is a better execution of a (somewhat) similar concept
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 29 2014 15:55 GMT
#21038
On January 30 2014 00:39 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
I've seen "The Egg" pop up way too often over the years, and I must say, it is not a very good story at all. Poor writing, meaningless concept, all wrapped up in a nice little package of pseudo-intellectual masturbatory philosophizing. Did I mention it was terrible writing?

I wouldn't care if not for the fact that it gets reposted and brought up every couple weeks on Reddit, at which point legions of plebeians who have never read anything more worthwhile than Harry Potter assemble to heap undeserving praise on it. Sickening.

Eh, I found the concept itself pretty neat, however it's thrown out there, incomplete, rather than explored or even just left to interpretation so you can't really call it deep. It had potential, but as is it felt a bit shallow in the end: "the guy finds the meaning of life question dumb but refuses to say anything of them; also he spends his raising a child/incubating an egg in his own words; why does he tell the chick he's not like them and wouldn't understand, when he actually admits at the end that he is, just at an early stage of development", etc.

I mean, leaving this kind of details out often makes sense, if not symbolically then at least not to clog the story with superfluous details. But in cases like this it feels like oversights instead, and it hurts the value of whatever concept he's developing.
I wouldn't criticise the writing too much if the goal was to explore a concept over telling a story, though.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
January 29 2014 16:03 GMT
#21039
On January 29 2014 23:24 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2014 23:20 Shelke14 wrote:
Guy is just bad! "Rez me" - soniv 2014


You're just salty that I'm better than you at TF2 =P


This is true. I'm not very good at that game!
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
January 29 2014 16:04 GMT
#21040
Snowing pretty hard, driving down the highway and police vehicles and ambulance going the other way... Hopefully no one was hurt but if it shuts down the highway I'm going to lose it
Prev 1 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 779
Soma 538
BeSt 443
Light 349
Horang2 327
910 325
Hyuk 279
Jaedong 257
Stork 143
EffOrt 123
[ Show more ]
Pusan 111
Dewaltoss 94
Soulkey 63
ZerO 55
Shinee 50
Killer 48
Rush 42
Mong 41
Mind 40
Snow 33
Bale 27
Sharp 26
ggaemo 21
hero 20
sorry 20
yabsab 18
ZergMaN 16
Creator 11
Terrorterran 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 4
Mini 1
Dota 2
Gorgc1171
XcaliburYe196
League of Legends
JimRising 352
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1355
pashabiceps1006
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2452
Khaldor649
Other Games
gofns30307
singsing1366
ceh9676
XBOCT331
Pyrionflax184
DeMusliM158
Mew2King104
ArmadaUGS36
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick597
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream239
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH288
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2226
League of Legends
• Jankos1192
• Stunt435
Other Games
• WagamamaTV177
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
52m
Stellar Fest
2h 52m
The PondCast
23h 52m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.