• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:10
CEST 09:10
KST 16:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8771 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1051

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 5162 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 29 2014 13:15 GMT
#21001
Sounds like it's pretty crazy down south Cixah, are ppl just ditching there cars and walking in Texas?

Also, 75% confident I'm available for Friday night festivities :D
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 13:23 GMT
#21002
On January 29 2014 22:15 mordek wrote:
Sounds like it's pretty crazy down south Cixah, are ppl just ditching there cars and walking in Texas?

Also, 75% confident I'm available for Friday night festivities :D


I'm kinda just giggling to myself looking at all the pictures on Reddit. Obviously it's not all too funny for them, but schadenfreude is making me enjoy how stupid southerners are in this weather.

And yes, I obviously know the cities aren't well equipped for this weather and that plays a big factor. But people also drive like morons in snow. I'm glad I live somewhere that people actually have some experience with snow (although many do also drive like morons here)
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 29 2014 14:00 GMT
#21003
Sorry if people were waiting on me for Magika last night, I took a nap on the couch for 13 hours. Whoops.
It's your boy Guzma!
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
January 29 2014 14:02 GMT
#21004
I have never heard the term "directed numbers" before. It sounds dumb.
TranslatorBaa!
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
January 29 2014 14:05 GMT
#21005
You sound dumb for not having heard of it.
Hey! How you doin'?
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 14:11 GMT
#21006
On January 29 2014 23:00 Requizen wrote:
Sorry if people were waiting on me for Magika last night, I took a nap on the couch for 13 hours. Whoops.


No worries - shelke and I played for a little and then switched over to TF2
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 14:13:14
January 29 2014 14:12 GMT
#21007
On January 29 2014 23:05 Zdrastochye wrote:
You sound dumb for not having heard of it.


No I don't.

On January 29 2014 23:11 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2014 23:00 Requizen wrote:
Sorry if people were waiting on me for Magika last night, I took a nap on the couch for 13 hours. Whoops.


No worries - shelke and I played for a little and then switched over to TF2


I got your PM late and I was engaged in getting owned at Starbow, sorry!
TranslatorBaa!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 14:16 GMT
#21008
You guys would have just missed me struggling for the first half wondering why I couldn't heal myself - only to realize that since I had Cyber Robes on, lightning healed me (which subsequently became OP as fuck)
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
January 29 2014 14:20 GMT
#21009
Guy is just bad! "Rez me" - soniv 2014
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 14:24 GMT
#21010
On January 29 2014 23:20 Shelke14 wrote:
Guy is just bad! "Rez me" - soniv 2014


You're just salty that I'm better than you at TF2 =P
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 29 2014 14:33 GMT
#21011
If his liver lives up to his self-hype, it shouldn't take too long Friday till he takes the lead though.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
January 29 2014 14:42 GMT
#21012
yeah I never heard directed numbers until I came here. they use British English and British exams (COSC) so it must be from that.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
January 29 2014 14:49 GMT
#21013
http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

this is a pretty cool short story. definitely worth 5-10 minutes of your time.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 29 2014 14:55 GMT
#21014
On January 29 2014 22:15 mordek wrote:
Sounds like it's pretty crazy down south Cixah, are ppl just ditching there cars and walking in Texas?

Also, 75% confident I'm available for Friday night festivities :D


No quite to ditching cars status, but bumper cars if more the correct term. We had a 6 car pile up on a southbound lane at 6am before the "sleet' even started. Then when the officer arrived on site they all blamed the snow. I was so entertained by the situation.

It's not a matter of stupidity most of the time. The roads during this kind of weather simply aren't kept like they are in the north. We don't have plows or salt trucks or any of that, the infrastructure and need for those things simply doesn't exist because most years we don't need it. The stupidity comes in when people try to still pull 70 over a bridge that hasn't been touched by anyone in 48 hours and is an ice cube.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 29 2014 14:55 GMT
#21015
Galt, I know you're out of trends over in Africa, but that story's been around for probably a couple years now.

It's ok. When you get back, we'll take you all around the internet, showing you things that you've missed.
It's your boy Guzma!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 14:57 GMT
#21016
On January 29 2014 23:55 Cixah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2014 22:15 mordek wrote:
Sounds like it's pretty crazy down south Cixah, are ppl just ditching there cars and walking in Texas?

Also, 75% confident I'm available for Friday night festivities :D


No quite to ditching cars status, but bumper cars if more the correct term. We had a 6 car pile up on a southbound lane at 6am before the "sleet' even started. Then when the officer arrived on site they all blamed the snow. I was so entertained by the situation.

It's not a matter of stupidity most of the time. The roads during this kind of weather simply aren't kept like they are in the north. We don't have plows or salt trucks or any of that, the infrastructure and need for those things simply doesn't exist because most years we don't need it. The stupidity comes in when people try to still pull 70 over a bridge that hasn't been touched by anyone in 48 hours and is an ice cube.


Yeah I can imagine you're having a blast right now.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 29 2014 15:01 GMT
#21017
I mean I just watch cameras and get to tell my technicians to go help these poor stupid people. The only legit shitty job is if there is a fatality because then I get to suffer through finding where they died. It is not at all pleasant to see a dead body, on camera or otherwise.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
January 29 2014 15:03 GMT
#21018
On January 30 2014 00:01 Cixah wrote:
I mean I just watch cameras and get to tell my technicians to go help these poor stupid people. The only legit shitty job is if there is a fatality because then I get to suffer through finding where they died. It is not at all pleasant to see a dead body, on camera or otherwise.


:/

Blech.

I didn't even end up wanting to make a joke about this. That does suck. I hope there are some decent perks.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 15:04 GMT
#21019
On January 30 2014 00:03 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 00:01 Cixah wrote:
I mean I just watch cameras and get to tell my technicians to go help these poor stupid people. The only legit shitty job is if there is a fatality because then I get to suffer through finding where they died. It is not at all pleasant to see a dead body, on camera or otherwise.


:/

Blech.

I didn't even end up wanting to make a joke about this. That does suck. I hope there are some decent perks.


don't worry, I'm sure teut or scip will be here soon to make a less than tasteless joke
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23436 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 15:07:58
January 29 2014 15:07 GMT
#21020
On January 30 2014 00:01 Cixah wrote:
I mean I just watch cameras and get to tell my technicians to go help these poor stupid people. The only legit shitty job is if there is a fatality because then I get to suffer through finding where they died. It is not at all pleasant to see a dead body, on camera or otherwise.


some necrophiliacs would disagree with you
+ Show Spoiler +

on request, no ban plx
Prev 1 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 144
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 291
actioN 145
910 104
Yoon 45
ZergMaN 41
Bale 31
NotJumperer 24
yabsab 17
Icarus 10
League of Legends
JimRising 672
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King207
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor436
crisheroes72
Other Games
summit1g7937
WinterStarcraft402
ceh9387
Happy359
PiGStarcraft261
Sick221
Livibee168
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick623
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream289
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2375
League of Legends
• Stunt510
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 51m
Stellar Fest
5h 51m
The PondCast
1d 2h
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.