• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:02
CEST 01:02
KST 08:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10422 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1050

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 5162 Next
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 29 2014 04:03 GMT
#20981
I will try, it all depends on if my roommates are willing to cooperate or not. She maybe out of town, and the other will most likely be at FNM or playing with us so we'll see.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
January 29 2014 04:05 GMT
#20982
On January 29 2014 13:02 WaveofShadow wrote:
Are we streaming drunk games night?

Since certain people cannot actually consume alcohol and therefore cannot actually participate, this would by greatly appreciated. :D :D :D :D :D
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
January 29 2014 04:08 GMT
#20983
On January 29 2014 13:05 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2014 13:02 WaveofShadow wrote:
Are we streaming drunk games night?

Since certain people cannot actually consume alcohol and therefore cannot actually participate, this would by greatly appreciated. :D :D :D :D :D


Multiple people have already said it's cool to come and not drink, and just play games. I think the playing games part is more of the idea than anything else, Soniv and Shelke and Cixah threw the drinking part in as a side bet because Shelke believes his Canadian liver to be bigger/faster/strong/more efficient/more awesome/more likely to be mistaken for camouflage in a picture.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 29 2014 04:09 GMT
#20984
On January 29 2014 13:08 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2014 13:05 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On January 29 2014 13:02 WaveofShadow wrote:
Are we streaming drunk games night?

Since certain people cannot actually consume alcohol and therefore cannot actually participate, this would by greatly appreciated. :D :D :D :D :D


Multiple people have already said it's cool to come and not drink, and just play games. I think the playing games part is more of the idea than anything else, Soniv and Shelke and Cixah threw the drinking part in as a side bet because Shelke believes his Canadian liver to be bigger/faster/strong/more efficient/more awesome/more likely to be mistaken for camouflage in a picture.


For sure, I'm not leaving anyone out. You are more than welcome to come into the games and get those of us who are drinking completely hammered by tipping the scales in either direction.

In fact I encourage this. Please come do this.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
January 29 2014 04:09 GMT
#20985
On January 29 2014 13:08 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2014 13:05 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On January 29 2014 13:02 WaveofShadow wrote:
Are we streaming drunk games night?

Since certain people cannot actually consume alcohol and therefore cannot actually participate, this would by greatly appreciated. :D :D :D :D :D


Multiple people have already said it's cool to come and not drink, and just play games. I think the playing games part is more of the idea than anything else, Soniv and Shelke and Cixah threw the drinking part in as a side bet because Shelke believes his Canadian liver to be bigger/faster/strong/more efficient/more awesome/more likely to be mistaken for camouflage in a picture.

I'm pretty sure the drinking is the main idea.
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
January 29 2014 04:19 GMT
#20986
Gonna get fuckedddddddddddd uppppppppp
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 04:19 GMT
#20987
On January 29 2014 13:02 WaveofShadow wrote:
Are we streaming drunk games night?


I've been trying to decide if this is a good idea or not
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 29 2014 04:22 GMT
#20988
On January 29 2014 13:19 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2014 13:02 WaveofShadow wrote:
Are we streaming drunk games night?


I've been trying to decide if this is a good idea or not


It is the best idea. In fact I'm saving it as a recording too. It'll be fantastic.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 04:34 GMT
#20989
My biggest stipulation of the people who are playing and aren't drinking - it's all in good fun, so don't sabotage games to make us drink more. That's no fun for anyone cuz then the games are less meaningful.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 29 2014 04:35 GMT
#20990
THAT'S HALF THE FUN.

I mean we can be try hard about this and be like ONLY IF THIS PERSON WHO IS DRINKING DIES DRINK, but that gets retarded to track. Don't like ruin the game, but I'd expect someone to go out their way to get me to drink excessively.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 04:41 GMT
#20991
On January 29 2014 13:35 Cixah wrote:
THAT'S HALF THE FUN.

I mean we can be try hard about this and be like ONLY IF THIS PERSON WHO IS DRINKING DIES DRINK, but that gets retarded to track. Don't like ruin the game, but I'd expect someone to go out their way to get me to drink excessively.


oh, no, I mean definitely uphold the rules - I just hate when people who aren't drinking fuck with people who are and make it less fun
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
January 29 2014 04:42 GMT
#20992
I kind of wonder just how much alcohol cixah's zombie liver can handle....
How much alcohol does it take to make an undead liver shut down?
We need to test this.
FOR SCIENCE.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 29 2014 04:45 GMT
#20993
On January 29 2014 13:42 BlackPaladin wrote:
I kind of wonder just how much alcohol cixah's zombie liver can handle....
How much alcohol does it take to make an undead liver shut down?
We need to test this.
FOR SCIENCE.


I mean I've got 3 or 4 bottles of rum in the chest. Plus some vodka and tequila (that i don't like but if I run out we'll get there). And about 2 or 3 18 packs of XX in the fridge.

It should be more than enough.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 29 2014 09:48 GMT
#20994
RIP Cixah fo sho this time.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
January 29 2014 09:52 GMT
#20995
On January 29 2014 18:48 Alaric wrote:
RIP Cixah fo sho this time.

At least he'll be well preserved.
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
January 29 2014 10:45 GMT
#20996
anybody got tips or tricks for teaching directed numbers? I've used the number line, the rules about different signs, everything I can think of. the amount of failures I'm preparing myself for the exam I'm giving tomorrow is going to be so high haha
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
January 29 2014 11:11 GMT
#20997
On January 29 2014 19:45 JonGalt wrote:
anybody got tips or tricks for teaching directed numbers? I've used the number line, the rules about different signs, everything I can think of. the amount of failures I'm preparing myself for the exam I'm giving tomorrow is going to be so high haha

I don't even know what a directed number is.
Don_Julio
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
2220 Posts
January 29 2014 11:20 GMT
#20998
On January 29 2014 19:45 JonGalt wrote:
anybody got tips or tricks for teaching directed numbers? I've used the number line, the rules about different signs, everything I can think of. the amount of failures I'm preparing myself for the exam I'm giving tomorrow is going to be so high haha


I'd think the number line (if it is what I think it is) should work nicely. It helps when pupils can visualize what they're doing. I'd use boxes instead of points and let everyone draw one for themselves. They can then use any object and move it along the boxes. They only have to know that + means rights and - means left. It adds a tactual element, too.
Don't use too many different methods. It only confuses if the kids don't have a feel for math. I work in special education usually so I'm happy when my pupils are capable of addition up to 100 but the amount of kids who use know four different methods of addition (number line, fingers, slide rule(?) and don't manage to use one reliably is too damn high.

How many kids are you teaching at once?
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
January 29 2014 11:32 GMT
#20999
directed numbers = positive and negative numbers

I'm teaching 40-50 kids at one time, in English (their 2nd language). I'm probably confusing them with too many methods though that's a good point.

I like the visualization of the number line but I don't want them to rely on it especial when the maths involves larger numbers impractical for number lines. you think using the number line only and then transitioning out of it when they're more comfortable is maybe a better idea? they're 9th graders by the way.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Don_Julio
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
2220 Posts
January 29 2014 12:06 GMT
#21000
Wow. I'd hate to teach so many kids. One of the reason I chose special education is because I get to teach much smaller classes than on regular schools. It's tough to get a feel what they are lacking at I guess.

I assume they already know about addition and subtraction with postive numbers. So what they need to understand now is that negative numbers aren't any different than positive ones. It's just another line in the other direction. That's why the numbers line is the optimal tool here, imo
You can easily extend it to a table of -100 to 100 if the kids have ever worked with one before and if you have the resources.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


My guess is that they just have to get it once and they are ready to move on to work without any tools. When you think that some kids know what they are doing you can ask them to work without the tools. I bet you have some students who already understood everything and some who won't get it in 10 years of one-on-one teaching.
Prev 1 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE169
Nina 104
Nathanias 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13935
Artosis 535
White-Ra 255
ToSsGirL 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever391
NeuroSwarm141
League of Legends
Doublelift4308
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox905
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1869
Liquid`Hasu1377
Trikslyr76
Other Games
summit1g7657
Grubby3475
ArmadaUGS757
shahzam590
JimRising 347
C9.Mang0293
ZombieGrub60
Mew2King50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick200
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 62
• davetesta40
• musti20045 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1207
• imaqtpie1059
• Shiphtur251
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 58m
OSC
13h 58m
Stellar Fest
13h 58m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.