• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:29
CEST 03:29
KST 10:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8218 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1054

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 5162 Next
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
January 29 2014 17:42 GMT
#21061
I love that song. Great counter strike song.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
January 29 2014 17:54 GMT
#21062
On January 30 2014 01:19 jcarlsoniv wrote:
I just imagine cheep sitting in a hidden great library in NYC wearing a robe and sipping cognac with a cigar


I prefer scotch to cognac.

TL;DR, I said I wouldn't be too hard on stuff like the egg because the guy didn't have pretentions when writing it (according to phyvo's post), so I stop myself at "hey, the concept's neat, it could give people food for thought".


This amounts to making excuses. Ultimately, all that is relevant is the final product, and when stripped of all context (which is all extraneous and arbitrary), it simply does not stand as a good piece...well, anything.
TranslatorBaa!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 17:57:03
January 29 2014 17:55 GMT
#21063
On January 30 2014 02:54 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 01:19 jcarlsoniv wrote:
I just imagine cheep sitting in a hidden great library in NYC wearing a robe and sipping cognac with a cigar


I prefer scotch to cognac.



So do I, Cognac just sounds more dignified

edit: there is nothing worse in the world than getting a broken Fun Dip stick
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 29 2014 17:59 GMT
#21064
I tried different beer and it wasn't that bad. Still kinda bitter, still don't understand the point of drinking it (aside from getting drunk).
It's your boy Guzma!
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 29 2014 18:00 GMT
#21065
If you like the fizziness without the sugar it's pretty swell.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
January 29 2014 18:01 GMT
#21066
Some beers go quite nicely with certain foods like wine does. And then there is Canadian, keystone that you just slam back and get really drunk off of because they are easy chugging beers.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 18:05 GMT
#21067
On January 30 2014 02:59 Requizen wrote:
I tried different beer and it wasn't that bad. Still kinda bitter, still don't understand the point of drinking it (aside from getting drunk).


I mean...what kinds of beers have you tried? There are so many different types.

Water beer = shitty beer that's easy to chug - good for parties (Coors/Keystone/Bud Light/etc)

But then there's IPAs which are darker, hoppier beers. Belgian Whites (Blue Moon/Shocktop) are really nice, light tasting beers.

Beer is definitely an acquired taste, but there are so many different kinds and flavors, I'm skeptical that you've actually given any good ones a shot.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 18:12:40
January 29 2014 18:09 GMT
#21068
I said that I agree with you in these conditions, Cheep. Maybe it would have been better worded as "I personally tend to value context when taking a look at something", which also happens to be impressively shorter (Monmusu wouldn't have received much praise from me otherwise for example, and that's also why I'd never recommend it to anyone).
I take it as you focusing on the product, while mine is on its effect on people.

(The lack of a way to translate "impressively" in French without doubling the number of syllables hurt my head upon realisation.)
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
January 29 2014 18:11 GMT
#21069
On January 30 2014 02:55 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 02:54 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On January 30 2014 01:19 jcarlsoniv wrote:
I just imagine cheep sitting in a hidden great library in NYC wearing a robe and sipping cognac with a cigar


I prefer scotch to cognac.



So do I, Cognac just sounds more dignified

edit: there is nothing worse in the world than getting a broken Fun Dip stick


What? Scotch is very dignified thank you very much.

Related: http://qzprod.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/liquor-map21.png?w=700
TranslatorBaa!
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 29 2014 18:13 GMT
#21070
On January 30 2014 03:05 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 02:59 Requizen wrote:
I tried different beer and it wasn't that bad. Still kinda bitter, still don't understand the point of drinking it (aside from getting drunk).


I mean...what kinds of beers have you tried? There are so many different types.

Water beer = shitty beer that's easy to chug - good for parties (Coors/Keystone/Bud Light/etc)

But then there's IPAs which are darker, hoppier beers. Belgian Whites (Blue Moon/Shocktop) are really nice, light tasting beers.

Beer is definitely an acquired taste, but there are so many different kinds and flavors, I'm skeptical that you've actually given any good ones a shot.

Ayinger Celebrator Dopplebock (German beer) and had a Sapporo when I went out for sushi.

I'm steering from "standard" things like Miller or whatever on principle.
It's your boy Guzma!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 18:16 GMT
#21071
On January 30 2014 03:11 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 02:55 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On January 30 2014 02:54 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On January 30 2014 01:19 jcarlsoniv wrote:
I just imagine cheep sitting in a hidden great library in NYC wearing a robe and sipping cognac with a cigar


I prefer scotch to cognac.



So do I, Cognac just sounds more dignified

edit: there is nothing worse in the world than getting a broken Fun Dip stick


What? Scotch is very dignified thank you very much.

Related: http://qzprod.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/liquor-map21.png?w=700


Netherlands is the only country that knows what's up.

On January 30 2014 03:13 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 03:05 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On January 30 2014 02:59 Requizen wrote:
I tried different beer and it wasn't that bad. Still kinda bitter, still don't understand the point of drinking it (aside from getting drunk).


I mean...what kinds of beers have you tried? There are so many different types.

Water beer = shitty beer that's easy to chug - good for parties (Coors/Keystone/Bud Light/etc)

But then there's IPAs which are darker, hoppier beers. Belgian Whites (Blue Moon/Shocktop) are really nice, light tasting beers.

Beer is definitely an acquired taste, but there are so many different kinds and flavors, I'm skeptical that you've actually given any good ones a shot.

Ayinger Celebrator Dopplebock (German beer) and had a Sapporo when I went out for sushi.

I'm steering from "standard" things like Miller or whatever on principle.


I had Sapporo for the first time two weekends ago in NYC. Delicious.

I would recommend trying Raspberry Shocktop (cuz it's fucking amazing) or Blue Moon.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
January 29 2014 18:16 GMT
#21072
Mexican piss water es numero uno.
God Bless
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 29 2014 18:17 GMT
#21073
On January 30 2014 03:16 Roffles wrote:
Mexican piss water es numero uno.

Coming from you, I'd think you were actually saying the first part literally.
It's your boy Guzma!
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 18:23:33
January 29 2014 18:23 GMT
#21074
I've never been a huge fan of Sapporo. It's fine but I find it indistinguishable from Kirin Ichiban, and Asahi is superior to both.

Don't like Shock Top since I hate sweets. Blue Moon is good.
TranslatorBaa!
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
January 29 2014 18:25 GMT
#21075
Stella Artois is yummy.
Hey! How you doin'?
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 18:29 GMT
#21076
On January 30 2014 03:23 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
I've never been a huge fan of Sapporo. It's fine but I find it indistinguishable from Kirin Ichiban, and Asahi is superior to both.

Don't like Shock Top since I hate sweets. Blue Moon is good.


Yeah, Shock Top is definitely sweeter, especially the Raspberry one. Sapporo is the only asian liquor I've had (aside from Scorpion Bowls, which is just a wonderful hodgepodge of everything ever)
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 18:31:23
January 29 2014 18:30 GMT
#21077
On January 30 2014 03:25 Zdrastochye wrote:
Stella Artois is yummy.


Stella Artois is okay, but it's only that, okay. The true success story of Stella Artois lies in its marketing campaign. It originated as a fairly typical, run-of-the-mill beer that was almost comparable to Coors or Miller in "prestige" or whatever. When it was first introduced to the UK, and subsequently the US, the Stella Artois team had a brilliant marketing strategy, which I think was the one of the first large-scale use of the "premiumisation" model. By marketing it as an expensive, imported, foreign beer, they were able to portrayal Stella Artois as a premium Belgian beer when it really didn't originate as such, and off the back of that image, were able to propel Stella Artois to global success.

On January 30 2014 03:29 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Sapporo is the only asian liquor I've had


Beer is not a liquor!
TranslatorBaa!
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
January 29 2014 18:31 GMT
#21078
A stella is pretty alright. Sapporo's always been ridiculously expensive so I never tried it.
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 29 2014 18:32 GMT
#21079
I really shouldn't get a dog. I'm irresponsible, have a full time job, my apartment isn't clean and even if it was it's small and cluttered and unsafe.

BUT THEY'RE SO CUTE I WANT ONE ASKL;DFJASDUIOFGAS
It's your boy Guzma!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 18:33:56
January 29 2014 18:33 GMT
#21080
On January 30 2014 03:30 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 03:25 Zdrastochye wrote:
Stella Artois is yummy.


Stella Artois is okay, but it's only that, okay. The true success story of Stella Artois lies in its marketing campaign. It originated as a fairly typical, run-of-the-mill beer that was almost comparable to Coors or Miller in "prestige" or whatever. When it was first introduced to the UK, and subsequently the US, the Stella Artois team had a brilliant marketing strategy, which I think was the one of the first large-scale use of the "premiumisation" model. By marketing it as an expensive, imported, foreign beer, they were able to portrayal Stella Artois as a premium Belgian beer when it really didn't originate as such, and off the back of that image, were able to propel Stella Artois to global success.

Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 03:29 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Sapporo is the only asian liquor I've had


Beer is not a liquor!


booze - whatever, you know what I mean

On January 30 2014 03:32 Requizen wrote:
I really shouldn't get a dog. I'm irresponsible, have a full time job, my apartment isn't clean and even if it was it's small and cluttered and unsafe.

BUT THEY'RE SO CUTE I WANT ONE ASKL;DFJASDUIOFGAS


GET A CAT
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Prev 1 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft458
CranKy Ducklings48
EnkiAlexander 0
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft458
CosmosSc2 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 617
910 38
Dota 2
monkeys_forever656
Counter-Strike
taco 202
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox685
Other Games
summit1g8671
JimRising 607
C9.Mang0338
Maynarde156
ViBE139
Livibee61
ArmadaUGS48
Day[9].tv35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1045
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv35
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 31m
Stellar Fest
11h 31m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.