• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:31
CEST 13:31
KST 20:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7038 users

[Code S] Ro16 Group B Season 2 2014 - Page 47

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 50 Next All
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
June 04 2014 13:24 GMT
#921
On June 04 2014 22:23 Circumstance wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2014 22:01 Morphage wrote:
Ro8 is looking pretty boring so far imo


Because who wants underdogs or breakout players? Why on Earth would we tune in to watch the unexpected or the surprising? We are Starcraft fans, and we demand nothing but the best! And don't you try to say someone deserves it more for little things like "beating" or "outplaying" others. We know who the best are, that's why we keep inviting them to every tournament in every corner of the globe!

Seriously, dude, this bracket looks sick as hell. Classic, an unexpected breakout performer who isn't afraid to go for absurd cheese. Solar, the team league master whose always had his Achilles heel in the GSL. Paralyze, the most doubted player in all of Code S, who just keeps knocking off the biggest names. TRUE, a player whose style is anything but cookie-cutter, who will redefine SO MANY BANELINGS if you let him.

And then the stars. Maru, best Terran in the world. soO, The Man who Would be Kong.

And then we see the final group. Soulkey, often seen as the top Zerg. Innovation, the robotic Terran who proves you can succeed on a foreign team. Zest, the all-powerful defending GSL champion. Or we might just see another new story unfold with a little cheeser that knocked out the World Champ.

Eh but Afrotoss got a haircut. What are we supposed to call him now? Boring season boring game.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
June 04 2014 13:25 GMT
#922
On June 04 2014 22:23 stuchiu wrote:
Everything is possible in TvT too. There are a dozen different openings with a dozen more ways to react and counter react to everything.

Olli doesn't play Terran though.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Thrillz
Profile Joined May 2012
4313 Posts
June 04 2014 13:25 GMT
#923
On June 04 2014 22:01 lichter wrote:
soO has a good bracket to make a 3rd straight final lol


Brackets are pretty wacked with all the upsets. Will be interesting to see who's 1st and 2nd in the final group.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
June 04 2014 13:25 GMT
#924
On June 04 2014 22:23 stuchiu wrote:
Everything is possible in TvT too. There are a dozen different openings with a dozen more ways to react and counter react to everything.


I'm willing to bet that there aren't half as many as there are in PvP.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
June 04 2014 13:26 GMT
#925
On June 04 2014 22:25 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2014 22:23 stuchiu wrote:
Everything is possible in TvT too. There are a dozen different openings with a dozen more ways to react and counter react to everything.


I'm willing to bet that there aren't half as many as there are in PvP.


I'll take that bet
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-04 13:27:22
June 04 2014 13:27 GMT
#926
On June 04 2014 22:25 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2014 22:23 stuchiu wrote:
Everything is possible in TvT too. There are a dozen different openings with a dozen more ways to react and counter react to everything.


I'm willing to bet that there aren't half as many as there are in PvP.

I'm willing to bet that SuperNova has more TvT build orders than there are PvP build orders
Community News
TL+ Member
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
June 04 2014 13:27 GMT
#927
On June 04 2014 22:25 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2014 22:23 stuchiu wrote:
Everything is possible in TvT too. There are a dozen different openings with a dozen more ways to react and counter react to everything.

Olli doesn't play Terran though.

Taeja literally 10x the player Impact is.
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
June 04 2014 13:28 GMT
#928
On June 04 2014 22:25 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2014 22:23 stuchiu wrote:
Everything is possible in TvT too. There are a dozen different openings with a dozen more ways to react and counter react to everything.


I'm willing to bet that there aren't half as many as there are in PvP.

I'm willing to bet that TvT is still the preferred matchup for a large majority of the viewing audience. And no it's not because we're not all as smart as you
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
June 04 2014 13:29 GMT
#929
On June 04 2014 22:27 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2014 22:25 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On June 04 2014 22:23 stuchiu wrote:
Everything is possible in TvT too. There are a dozen different openings with a dozen more ways to react and counter react to everything.


I'm willing to bet that there aren't half as many as there are in PvP.

I'm willing to bet that SuperNova has more TvT build orders than there are PvP build orders


Can confirm, have been watching his stream lately. Dude does some wild ass shit in TvT.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
June 04 2014 13:30 GMT
#930
On June 04 2014 22:28 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2014 22:25 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On June 04 2014 22:23 stuchiu wrote:
Everything is possible in TvT too. There are a dozen different openings with a dozen more ways to react and counter react to everything.


I'm willing to bet that there aren't half as many as there are in PvP.

I'm willing to bet that TvT is still the preferred matchup for a large majority of the viewing audience. And no it's not because we're not all as smart as you


I was never arguing that though

I don't really know what I'm arguing actually, people are arguing against my liking of PvP
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
June 04 2014 13:31 GMT
#931
On June 04 2014 22:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2014 22:28 Darkhorse wrote:
On June 04 2014 22:25 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On June 04 2014 22:23 stuchiu wrote:
Everything is possible in TvT too. There are a dozen different openings with a dozen more ways to react and counter react to everything.


I'm willing to bet that there aren't half as many as there are in PvP.

I'm willing to bet that TvT is still the preferred matchup for a large majority of the viewing audience. And no it's not because we're not all as smart as you


I was never arguing that though

I don't really know what I'm arguing actually, people are arguing against my liking of PvP

I imagine if you say "I like PvP" you won't get much of a reaction. But when you say "PvP is the best matchup" (I'm not actually sure if you've said this) then you get some people who know TvT and TvZ exist kinda riled up. :D
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-04 13:33:16
June 04 2014 13:32 GMT
#932
On June 04 2014 22:25 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2014 22:23 stuchiu wrote:
Everything is possible in TvT too. There are a dozen different openings with a dozen more ways to react and counter react to everything.


I'm willing to bet that there aren't half as many as there are in PvP.


1 gas banshee
2 gas banshee
wm/marine openings
marine/hellion openings
reaper/hellion
proxy maruader
proxy reaper
proxy mine
proxy tank rax lift
Hellbat drop
cc first into multi marines
proxy rax into triple cc
rax first into cc
mass hellions
proxy thor rush
Viking hellion openings
Raven rush into a bust
Raven rush into macro games
1 banshee into triple cc
Ghost Cloak Rush

Off the top of my head. WIthouteven going into the subtlties of gas timings, where you build the natural cc, the difference between an agro/efensive build, are builds that look he same but play completely different because you're either TY or Supernova.

And a majority of these builds were back from WoL, when I used to play Terran before the queen patch.
Moderator
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
June 04 2014 13:33 GMT
#933
I said I enjoy PvP the most out of all three mirrors. There was like one instance where I may have said PvP is better than TvT but what I meant was I THINK that.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
June 04 2014 13:33 GMT
#934
On June 04 2014 22:31 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2014 22:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On June 04 2014 22:28 Darkhorse wrote:
On June 04 2014 22:25 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On June 04 2014 22:23 stuchiu wrote:
Everything is possible in TvT too. There are a dozen different openings with a dozen more ways to react and counter react to everything.


I'm willing to bet that there aren't half as many as there are in PvP.

I'm willing to bet that TvT is still the preferred matchup for a large majority of the viewing audience. And no it's not because we're not all as smart as you


I was never arguing that though

I don't really know what I'm arguing actually, people are arguing against my liking of PvP

I imagine if you say "I like PvP" you won't get much of a reaction. But when you say "PvP is the best matchup" (I'm not actually sure if you've said this) then you get some people who know TvT and TvZ exist kinda riled up. :D


Oh he's definitely said it. I still have the bruise on my forehead from when I facepalmed reading it.

I've definitely also read him say before that PvP is only disliked because "people don't understand it."

aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
June 04 2014 13:33 GMT
#935
On June 04 2014 22:33 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I said I enjoy PvP the most out of all three mirrors. There was like one instance where I may have said PvP is better than TvT but what I meant was I THINK that.


I just think you're underrating the complexities of TvT though D:
Moderator
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
June 04 2014 13:34 GMT
#936
This is like 6-1 vs DLO, I'm going back on his team
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
June 04 2014 13:34 GMT
#937
So anyway, were the only good games Solar games today?
Moderator
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
June 04 2014 13:35 GMT
#938
On June 04 2014 22:34 Jer99 wrote:
This is like 6-1 vs DLO, I'm going back on his team

Gang up on the DLO!
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
June 04 2014 13:36 GMT
#939
4 stars only for last game? So many angry folks on the life train?
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
June 04 2014 13:37 GMT
#940
BTW Stuchiu reading through your post on TvT got me wondering.

What units have you ever NOT seen proxy rushed in TvT?

The only one I can think of is a Raven or a Ghost. I've seen every other unit proxy rushed.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 50 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 16399
StarCastTV_EN395
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs PercivalLIVE!
herO vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings108
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko272
ProTech106
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 11208
Jaedong 6007
EffOrt 2706
BeSt 1224
actioN 846
Killer 711
Soma 582
ZerO 508
Pusan 498
Horang2 406
[ Show more ]
Zeus 240
Stork 221
Rush 202
JYJ 154
Barracks 135
Mong 61
ToSsGirL 51
HiyA 42
Bale 30
Sexy 28
Shinee 27
Terrorterran 26
Sharp 23
sorry 23
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4775
Dendi441
XaKoH 352
League of Legends
Reynor57
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_34
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft2364
crisheroes2250
Other Games
gofns60913
singsing1476
olofmeister1259
byalli560
Livibee202
OGKoka 95
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream356
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 245
StarCraft 2
WardiTV219
Other Games
BasetradeTV185
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1767
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 29m
Kung Fu Cup
23h 29m
The PondCast
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.