• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:18
CEST 18:18
KST 01:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8026 users

[Code S] Semi-Final 2012 GSL Season 2 - Page 146

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 157 Next
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
May 10 2012 11:58 GMT
#2901
MVP, why are you so damn good. Even CTS cannot stop this badass from getting to the GSL finals. Could the 3 Starleague curse finally be broken?
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-10 12:01:53
May 10 2012 11:59 GMT
#2902
On May 10 2012 20:53 Eternalmisfit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 20:43 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:42 WhosTheSmuRf wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:39 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:36 Noocta wrote:
Squirtle will be harder than Parting imo, but I really hope MVP win.
Mainly because I don't want another protoss winning but mvp getting a 4th championship would be cool aswell.


"Another Protoss winning"

2 Protoss wins
5 Zerg wins
6 Terran wins

Why do so many things Terran fans say contradict hard numbers? "Protoss dominating in the GSL" -> http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=3&race=P&vsrace=T&season=2012&leaguetype=20&leagueid=27062&gamever=0&mapid=0

"Don't want another Protoss winning" -> Protoss has by far the least GSL wins

Blows my mind at how warped perspectives can become.


Well said


What can I say, I like to back up my arguments with hard facts, unlike many people around here


Not going to argue balance as I believe it is the a futile argument to have with everyone having rigid preconceived notions but the statistics you are using are not representative of the current state of PvT (and neither the ones that I will present below).

The Korean PvT last month was ~55-45 in Protoss favor.
Also, if you just account for Code S PvT, it is 36-27 in toss favor. (accounting for today's games)
http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sc2-korean/leagues/2620_2012_GSL_S2_Code_S/games/TvP

The point I am trying to make is not that the match-up is balanced or imbalanced either way. It is that the statistics that you are posting (and also the ones I am posting) are misleading as by changing the sample size set up or down, one can easily use them to support any preconceived biases the people have.

Frankly, none of the sample sets often used to discuss balance have sufficient relevance to be actually used for balance discussion.


I never said anything about balance. "Protoss dominating in the GSL" is clearly a statement that refers to Protosses doing disproportionately well in the GSL (the "GSL" being both Code A and Code S), yet the statistics show that they're clearly not, if you evaluate "dominance" on the basis of winrates (I don't see how else you'd evaluate "dominance"). Therefore, the statement "Protoss are dominating the GSL" is an objectively incorrect statement, and that's all I'm taking issue with. If people want to say "Protoss are dominating in Code S" then they need to say that, rather than substituting "GSL" for "Code S", which makes the statement misleadingly stronger. I am also taking issue with the word "dominating". I don't know how most people view the word, but it's a pretty strong word as far as I'm concerned, and 55-45 is hardly "dominating".
Rainfall7711
Profile Joined December 2011
329 Posts
May 10 2012 12:01 GMT
#2903
On May 10 2012 20:53 Eternalmisfit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 20:43 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:42 WhosTheSmuRf wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:39 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:36 Noocta wrote:
Squirtle will be harder than Parting imo, but I really hope MVP win.
Mainly because I don't want another protoss winning but mvp getting a 4th championship would be cool aswell.


"Another Protoss winning"

2 Protoss wins
5 Zerg wins
6 Terran wins

Why do so many things Terran fans say contradict hard numbers? "Protoss dominating in the GSL" -> http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=3&race=P&vsrace=T&season=2012&leaguetype=20&leagueid=27062&gamever=0&mapid=0

"Don't want another Protoss winning" -> Protoss has by far the least GSL wins

Blows my mind at how warped perspectives can become.


Well said


What can I say, I like to back up my arguments with hard facts, unlike many people around here


Not going to argue balance as I believe it is the a futile argument to have with everyone having rigid preconceived notions but the statistics you are using are not representative of the current state of PvT (and neither the ones that I will present below).

The Korean PvT last month was ~55-45 in Protoss favor.
Also, if you just account for Code S PvT, it is 36-27 in toss favor. (accounting for today's games)
http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sc2-korean/leagues/2620_2012_GSL_S2_Code_S/games/TvP

The point I am trying to make is not that the match-up is balanced or imbalanced either way. It is that the statistics that you are posting (and also the ones I am posting) are misleading as by changing the sample size set up or down, one can easily use them to support any preconceived biases the people have.

Frankly, none of the sample sets often used to discuss balance have sufficient relevance to be actually used for balance discussion.



So the point is any recent facts and stats mean nothing right? Due to sample sizes etc etc. Well then let's take reliable facts from the beginning of Starcraft 2. Protoss is the worst race out of the 3.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
May 10 2012 12:01 GMT
#2904
On May 10 2012 20:55 Dosey wrote:
Little late but...

[image loading]

Clap..... Clap..... Clap.... HerO
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
May 10 2012 12:03 GMT
#2905
On May 10 2012 21:01 SeeKeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 20:55 Dosey wrote:
Little late but...

[image loading]

Clap..... Clap..... Clap.... HerO


Sorry... I had to... He was my vote on liquibets too if it's any consolation
Chunhyang
Profile Joined December 2011
Bangladesh1389 Posts
May 10 2012 12:03 GMT
#2906
On May 10 2012 20:52 HolyArrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 20:46 Chunhyang wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:43 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:42 WhosTheSmuRf wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:39 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:36 Noocta wrote:
Squirtle will be harder than Parting imo, but I really hope MVP win.
Mainly because I don't want another protoss winning but mvp getting a 4th championship would be cool aswell.


"Another Protoss winning"

2 Protoss wins
5 Zerg wins
6 Terran wins

Why do so many things Terran fans say contradict hard numbers? "Protoss dominating in the GSL" -> http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=3&race=P&vsrace=T&season=2012&leaguetype=20&leagueid=27062&gamever=0&mapid=0

"Don't want another Protoss winning" -> Protoss has by far the least GSL wins

Blows my mind at how warped perspectives can become.


Well said


What can I say, I like to back up my arguments with hard facts, unlike many people around here


How does "I don't want another Protoss winning" contradict the fact that they have the least GSL final wins?

He never said that Protoss has too many wins, or that they have the most. Maybe he's a hater, but he just doesn't want Protoss to win again. That's all. I'm just sayin.


That's a fine point, but that just annoys me by principle. I'm a pretty empathetic person - I can understand that people really get into the game and root massively for a certain player or race. But I also believe that all fans deserve the satisfaction of seeing their favorite race win a fair amount. If the situations were magically reversed and Protoss switched places with Terran in terms of big-picture GSL success, I'd be extremely okay with a Terran champion or two, because it's about time - I'd say it's only fair to the Terran fans to see more Terran winners. But, that's not reality. The reality is that Terran has had the most champions and Protoss has had by far the least, and it just annoys me that despite all this, some people really want to see yet another Terran Code S win. Don't get me wrong - I clearly have no greater moral basis for my stance on this, and people who really want to see another Terran win aren't objectively wrong in any way. It's just my personal philosophy that all fans should see ideally their race win a roughly proportionate amount of times, because everyone deserves to be satisfied as viewers.


Ok. But I'm a Celtics fan, I want them to win everything, every game, every time, and I don't care if any other team ever wins another championship and their fans cry in agony.

He may like his Terran just like I love my Celtics. Or, like I was saying, he may just be a hater. I'm leaning towards the latter lol. His tone implies it anyway.

Anyway, with three races, how many GSL seasons are needed so that there is a statistically significant number so we can objectively say that one race is better than the rest? I remember some guy saying that in an NBA series, it would take a 43 game series so that we can really say with certainty "the better team won". How about if there are three teams/races? Anyone know?
If you could reason with haters, there would be no haters. YGTMYFT
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
May 10 2012 12:04 GMT
#2907
So this is a little early but does anyone know of any barcrafts that usually go down for these in LA or Anaheim? Because I will be in LA that weekend for SM Town and am afraid the hotel internet will end up being shit.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
May 10 2012 12:04 GMT
#2908
Why people only root for the race they happen to play is beyond me. GSL skills are so beyond any of ours that its like they are playing a different game. I'm a terran player and I root for Nestea/DRG/Leenock over any terran other than Mvp/MMA. Squirtle is awesome and even though I was rooting against Parting today, he still has the best PvT around and I want others to adopt his style and HT control.

Having a protoss win is not going to make your ladder experience any better. Choose your favorite players for their skill and passion/attitude/whatever. Basing it on things like race, both in game and out (korean/foreigner) is pretty stupid to me.
www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
May 10 2012 12:04 GMT
#2909
IN YOUR FACE PARTING.

Go MVP!
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
May 10 2012 12:06 GMT
#2910
On May 10 2012 21:03 Chunhyang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 20:52 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:46 Chunhyang wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:43 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:42 WhosTheSmuRf wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:39 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:36 Noocta wrote:
Squirtle will be harder than Parting imo, but I really hope MVP win.
Mainly because I don't want another protoss winning but mvp getting a 4th championship would be cool aswell.


"Another Protoss winning"

2 Protoss wins
5 Zerg wins
6 Terran wins

Why do so many things Terran fans say contradict hard numbers? "Protoss dominating in the GSL" -> http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=3&race=P&vsrace=T&season=2012&leaguetype=20&leagueid=27062&gamever=0&mapid=0

"Don't want another Protoss winning" -> Protoss has by far the least GSL wins

Blows my mind at how warped perspectives can become.


Well said


What can I say, I like to back up my arguments with hard facts, unlike many people around here


How does "I don't want another Protoss winning" contradict the fact that they have the least GSL final wins?

He never said that Protoss has too many wins, or that they have the most. Maybe he's a hater, but he just doesn't want Protoss to win again. That's all. I'm just sayin.


That's a fine point, but that just annoys me by principle. I'm a pretty empathetic person - I can understand that people really get into the game and root massively for a certain player or race. But I also believe that all fans deserve the satisfaction of seeing their favorite race win a fair amount. If the situations were magically reversed and Protoss switched places with Terran in terms of big-picture GSL success, I'd be extremely okay with a Terran champion or two, because it's about time - I'd say it's only fair to the Terran fans to see more Terran winners. But, that's not reality. The reality is that Terran has had the most champions and Protoss has had by far the least, and it just annoys me that despite all this, some people really want to see yet another Terran Code S win. Don't get me wrong - I clearly have no greater moral basis for my stance on this, and people who really want to see another Terran win aren't objectively wrong in any way. It's just my personal philosophy that all fans should see ideally their race win a roughly proportionate amount of times, because everyone deserves to be satisfied as viewers.


Ok. But I'm a Celtics fan, I want them to win everything, every game, every time, and I don't care if any other team ever wins another championship and their fans cry in agony.

He may like his Terran just like I love my Celtics. Or, like I was saying, he may just be a hater. I'm leaning towards the latter lol. His tone implies it anyway.

Anyway, with three races, how many GSL seasons are needed so that there is a statistically significant number so we can objectively say that one race is better than the rest? I remember some guy saying that in an NBA series, it would take a 43 game series so that we can really say with certainty "the better team won". How about if there are three teams/races? Anyone know?


Umm.. it would take a large sample even between just two players, let alone a statistical average of players from each race (one player could simply be better and skew the results).

By the time the sample size is large enough to draw any meaningful conclusion, the game will be unrecognizable.
www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
Chunhyang
Profile Joined December 2011
Bangladesh1389 Posts
May 10 2012 12:08 GMT
#2911
On May 10 2012 21:06 zefreak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 21:03 Chunhyang wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:52 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:46 Chunhyang wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:43 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:42 WhosTheSmuRf wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:39 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:36 Noocta wrote:
Squirtle will be harder than Parting imo, but I really hope MVP win.
Mainly because I don't want another protoss winning but mvp getting a 4th championship would be cool aswell.


"Another Protoss winning"

2 Protoss wins
5 Zerg wins
6 Terran wins

Why do so many things Terran fans say contradict hard numbers? "Protoss dominating in the GSL" -> http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=3&race=P&vsrace=T&season=2012&leaguetype=20&leagueid=27062&gamever=0&mapid=0

"Don't want another Protoss winning" -> Protoss has by far the least GSL wins

Blows my mind at how warped perspectives can become.


Well said


What can I say, I like to back up my arguments with hard facts, unlike many people around here


How does "I don't want another Protoss winning" contradict the fact that they have the least GSL final wins?

He never said that Protoss has too many wins, or that they have the most. Maybe he's a hater, but he just doesn't want Protoss to win again. That's all. I'm just sayin.


That's a fine point, but that just annoys me by principle. I'm a pretty empathetic person - I can understand that people really get into the game and root massively for a certain player or race. But I also believe that all fans deserve the satisfaction of seeing their favorite race win a fair amount. If the situations were magically reversed and Protoss switched places with Terran in terms of big-picture GSL success, I'd be extremely okay with a Terran champion or two, because it's about time - I'd say it's only fair to the Terran fans to see more Terran winners. But, that's not reality. The reality is that Terran has had the most champions and Protoss has had by far the least, and it just annoys me that despite all this, some people really want to see yet another Terran Code S win. Don't get me wrong - I clearly have no greater moral basis for my stance on this, and people who really want to see another Terran win aren't objectively wrong in any way. It's just my personal philosophy that all fans should see ideally their race win a roughly proportionate amount of times, because everyone deserves to be satisfied as viewers.


Ok. But I'm a Celtics fan, I want them to win everything, every game, every time, and I don't care if any other team ever wins another championship and their fans cry in agony.

He may like his Terran just like I love my Celtics. Or, like I was saying, he may just be a hater. I'm leaning towards the latter lol. His tone implies it anyway.

Anyway, with three races, how many GSL seasons are needed so that there is a statistically significant number so we can objectively say that one race is better than the rest? I remember some guy saying that in an NBA series, it would take a 43 game series so that we can really say with certainty "the better team won". How about if there are three teams/races? Anyone know?


Umm.. it would take a large sample even between just two players, let alone a statistical average of players from each race (one player could simply be better and skew the results).

By the time the sample size is large enough to draw any meaningful conclusion, the game will be unrecognizable.


Dang. That's big then. Thanks.
If you could reason with haters, there would be no haters. YGTMYFT
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
May 10 2012 12:09 GMT
#2912
On May 10 2012 21:04 Hall0wed wrote:
So this is a little early but does anyone know of any barcrafts that usually go down for these in LA or Anaheim? Because I will be in LA that weekend for SM Town and am afraid the hotel internet will end up being shit.

I'm sure if you asked one of the NASL guys they'd be able to tell you.
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
May 10 2012 12:11 GMT
#2913
On May 10 2012 21:03 Chunhyang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 20:52 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:46 Chunhyang wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:43 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:42 WhosTheSmuRf wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:39 HolyArrow wrote:
On May 10 2012 20:36 Noocta wrote:
Squirtle will be harder than Parting imo, but I really hope MVP win.
Mainly because I don't want another protoss winning but mvp getting a 4th championship would be cool aswell.


"Another Protoss winning"

2 Protoss wins
5 Zerg wins
6 Terran wins

Why do so many things Terran fans say contradict hard numbers? "Protoss dominating in the GSL" -> http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=3&race=P&vsrace=T&season=2012&leaguetype=20&leagueid=27062&gamever=0&mapid=0

"Don't want another Protoss winning" -> Protoss has by far the least GSL wins

Blows my mind at how warped perspectives can become.


Well said


What can I say, I like to back up my arguments with hard facts, unlike many people around here


How does "I don't want another Protoss winning" contradict the fact that they have the least GSL final wins?

He never said that Protoss has too many wins, or that they have the most. Maybe he's a hater, but he just doesn't want Protoss to win again. That's all. I'm just sayin.


That's a fine point, but that just annoys me by principle. I'm a pretty empathetic person - I can understand that people really get into the game and root massively for a certain player or race. But I also believe that all fans deserve the satisfaction of seeing their favorite race win a fair amount. If the situations were magically reversed and Protoss switched places with Terran in terms of big-picture GSL success, I'd be extremely okay with a Terran champion or two, because it's about time - I'd say it's only fair to the Terran fans to see more Terran winners. But, that's not reality. The reality is that Terran has had the most champions and Protoss has had by far the least, and it just annoys me that despite all this, some people really want to see yet another Terran Code S win. Don't get me wrong - I clearly have no greater moral basis for my stance on this, and people who really want to see another Terran win aren't objectively wrong in any way. It's just my personal philosophy that all fans should see ideally their race win a roughly proportionate amount of times, because everyone deserves to be satisfied as viewers.


Ok. But I'm a Celtics fan, I want them to win everything, every game, every time, and I don't care if any other team ever wins another championship and their fans cry in agony.

He may like his Terran just like I love my Celtics. Or, like I was saying, he may just be a hater. I'm leaning towards the latter lol. His tone implies it anyway.

Anyway, with three races, how many GSL seasons are needed so that there is a statistically significant number so we can objectively say that one race is better than the rest? I remember some guy saying that in an NBA series, it would take a 43 game series so that we can really say with certainty "the better team won". How about if there are three teams/races? Anyone know?


Yes, I agree that he may like Terran just as you like your Celtics, or he might be a hater. I even acknowledged that I have no objective moral basis for looking down on the attitude of solely wanting your favorite team/race/player to win everything as everyone else cries in agony. I just personally think it's pretty selfish and thus it annoys me. I want everyone to be happy and it irks me that people want to hog all the "happiness" to themselves.
kafkaesque
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Germany2006 Posts
May 10 2012 12:11 GMT
#2914
MVP in the finals once more?

God, what I'd give to be able to see the VoDs...
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Moonalisa
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden15 Posts
May 10 2012 12:15 GMT
#2915
On May 10 2012 21:11 kafkaesque wrote:
MVP in the finals once more?

God, what I'd give to be able to see the VoDs...


$20?
Samma som vanligt
InoyouS2
Profile Joined December 2011
1005 Posts
May 10 2012 12:16 GMT
#2916
On May 10 2012 21:15 Moonalisa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 21:11 kafkaesque wrote:
MVP in the finals once more?

God, what I'd give to be able to see the VoDs...


$20?


I think he meant now.
IMMvp|fOrGG|IMNesTea|oGsMC|Liquid`Hero|DongRaeGu|Slayers_MMA|Liquid`TLO|MarineKingPrime|IMSeed
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-10 12:16:55
May 10 2012 12:16 GMT
#2917
On May 10 2012 18:20 KiNGxXx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 18:20 Chriscras wrote:
Wow where did Seeker go?

passion = lost

Just for that, when I go to the GSL, imma hold up a sign saying "kingxxx can suck my xxx"
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
May 10 2012 12:20 GMT
#2918
On May 10 2012 21:04 zefreak wrote:
Why people only root for the race they happen to play is beyond me. GSL skills are so beyond any of ours that its like they are playing a different game. I'm a terran player and I root for Nestea/DRG/Leenock over any terran other than Mvp/MMA. Squirtle is awesome and even though I was rooting against Parting today, he still has the best PvT around and I want others to adopt his style and HT control.

Having a protoss win is not going to make your ladder experience any better. Choose your favorite players for their skill and passion/attitude/whatever. Basing it on things like race, both in game and out (korean/foreigner) is pretty stupid to me.


Speaking of ladder experiences, I absolutely hate it when people whine about balance on the basis of their shitty, petty ladder experiences. People put way too much of their personal egos into it, and it annoys me that people want balance to be changed on large part due to their ladder experiences when the pros are the ones who truly have a stake in the game. If the game isn't balanced at any level below the professional level, I couldn't care less. SC2 to virtually everyone else using their trivial ladder experiences to whine about balance, is, ultimately, just a game. A game that they paid a relatively minor sum of money for. To the pros, it's not just a game - it's their career. Although balance at all levels is clearly ideal, I'll take a balanced professional level and an imbalanced lower level any day over the opposite, and everyone else should too, because the pros deserve it far more than random ladder players who just play as a hobby. People really need to get over themselves in that regard. Anyway, that was a rather arbitrary rant in retrospect, but I think it had to be said.
kafkaesque
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Germany2006 Posts
May 10 2012 12:20 GMT
#2919
On May 10 2012 21:15 Moonalisa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 21:11 kafkaesque wrote:
MVP in the finals once more?

God, what I'd give to be able to see the VoDs...


$20?


Things are really tight this month, I'm glad if I can even manage to afford DIII.
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
ryx
Profile Joined March 2006
Philippines38 Posts
May 10 2012 12:28 GMT
#2920
Sure Hero's nerves got the best of him but Squirtle's been a BEAST.
***To Korea With Love***
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 157 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 67
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 533
IndyStarCraft 67
BRAT_OK 44
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30319
Bisu 2407
Shuttle 1620
Hyuk 980
EffOrt 671
Mini 640
ZerO 406
Larva 349
Soma 253
firebathero 210
[ Show more ]
hero 88
Hyun 47
PianO 44
Mong 43
Sexy 43
Trap 37
Pusan 35
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 26
sorry 22
zelot 16
Rock 13
Terrorterran 13
Bale 12
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10494
qojqva1724
Dendi856
Counter-Strike
fl0m2430
Fnx 25
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1482
crisheroes1110
Liquid`Hasu631
Other Games
singsing1959
FrodaN1050
B2W.Neo935
Beastyqt709
Mlord404
Hui .220
Livibee181
Liquid`VortiX178
KnowMe144
ArmadaUGS116
Mew2King74
Trikslyr31
CosmosSc2 14
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 58
• StrangeGG 41
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 15
• Azhi_Dahaki9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7962
League of Legends
• Jankos1701
Other Games
• Shiphtur265
• WagamamaTV199
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 42m
INu's Battles
19h 42m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.